PDA

View Full Version : how can you be a die hard fan of a player over a team?

mhsbasketball
11-17-2014, 04:52 AM
don't you think it kind of ****ing creepy to be an obsessed fan of one specific player? kind of stalkerish dont you think?

these die hard lebron, kobe fans are pathetic. I completely get being a die hard fan for a team, you feel like you are a part of that team watching the team grow and change.

Im a big mavs fan and if dirk got traded to another team i wouldn't really watch that many games from his new team, i'd still be a mavs fan.

These Kobe Lebron stans are just pathetic.

JebronLames
11-17-2014, 04:55 AM
don't you think it kind of ****ing creepy to be an obsessed fan of one specific player? kind of stalkerish dont you think?

these die hard lebron, kobe fans are pathetic. I completely get being a die hard fan for a team, you feel like you are a part of that team watching the team grow and change.

Im a big mavs fan and if dirk got traded to another team i wouldn't really watch that many games from his new team, i'd still be a mavs fan.

Being mad at people for being a player fan is pathetic.

SpanishACB
11-17-2014, 04:58 AM
Being mad at people for being a player fan is pathetic.

it is. I do feel for them though. Not getting to experience what actual sport support feels like.

Nash-tastic
11-17-2014, 05:16 AM
Well I normally associate being a team fan with growing up around the local area of the team and watching it grow. I however don't get much NBA coverage in Malaysia so I don't really feel a sense of connection to any team.

Magic 32
11-17-2014, 05:24 AM
it is. I do feel for them though. Not getting to experience what actual sport support feels like.

http://730foxsports.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/boston-red-sox.jpg

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqOiG3SIgAIInbW.jpg:medium

Budadiiii
11-17-2014, 05:33 AM
I can relate to the individual dominance... I can relate to being the guy everyone else relies on to win.

Guys like you would never understand what that's like. My athleticism is similar to Irving and Harden. I don't jump out of the gym but my change of direction, my body control, my agility, my mobility, my flexibility, and I'm just flat-out fast. I have what people consider "blazing speed"

I've always had it. Basketball has always just came natural to me. Never got any formal instructions on how to play, I just watched and did it on my own. My Dad was heavy into baseball so getting into that at the age of 4 has sharpened my hand-eye coordination to the point where I'm considered a deadly shooter as well.

But I LOVE to attack the basket and use my unique athleticism to finish around bigger bodies.

And guess what.... My team wins 9 times out of 10 because of my individual dominance.

Watching other guys who have what I have is a way for me to better myself. Why would you not look at the best and try to mimick that? Because you have no talent? No goals?

Who the **** sits around to watch team basketball. I know you guys are bottom of the barrel nerds but my God.... better yourself as an individual and watch the best so maybe one day you will stop being the hustle guy that no one ever passes to because you ****ing suck and have no talent and no drive to better yourself.

deja vu
11-17-2014, 05:44 AM
Thing is, a player's career is short while a team lasts several generations (mostly).

So I don't understand why people would support a player more than a team.

When their favorite player retires, do they find another player to obsess with? Or do they remain obsessed even after retirement (ala Jlauber)?

QuebecBaller
11-17-2014, 08:17 AM
I was a fan of the Sonics... since they moved to OKC, I haven't found another favorite team :(

So, since then, I'm just following the players I like. But I would really to "associate" myself with a team

Heisenberg
11-17-2014, 08:48 AM
I was a fan of the Sonics... since they moved to OKC, I haven't found another favorite team :(

So, since then, I'm just following the players I like. But I would really to "associate" myself with a team
aww, poor baby

QuebecBaller
11-17-2014, 09:21 AM
aww, poor baby

http://www.ovuline.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/sad-baby.gif

K Xerxes
11-17-2014, 09:31 AM
I can relate to the individual dominance... I can relate to being the guy everyone else relies on to win.

Guys like you would never understand what that's like. My athleticism is similar to Irving and Harden. I don't jump out of the gym but my change of direction, my body control, my agility, my mobility, my flexibility, and I'm just flat-out fast. I have what people consider "blazing speed"

I've always had it. Basketball has always just came natural to me. Never got any formal instructions on how to play, I just watched and did it on my own. My Dad was heavy into baseball so getting into that at the age of 4 has sharpened my hand-eye coordination to the point where I'm considered a deadly shooter as well.

But I LOVE to attack the basket and use my unique athleticism to finish around bigger bodies.

And guess what.... My team wins 9 times out of 10 because of my individual dominance.

Watching other guys who have what I have is a way for me to better myself. Why would you not look at the best and try to mimick that? Because you have no talent? No goals?

Who the **** sits around to watch team basketball. I know you guys are bottom of the barrel nerds but my God.... better yourself as an individual and watch the best so maybe one day you will stop being the hustle guy that no one ever passes to because you ****ing suck and have no talent and no drive to better yourself.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/no-words-homer-into-brush.gif

iamgine
11-17-2014, 09:41 AM

Eh it's no different than being a Mike Tyson fan or Usain Bolt fan. Basketball being a team sport changes nothing.

wakencdukest
11-17-2014, 10:35 AM
There should be a one on one league. Then you guys wouldn't have to worry about scrub teammates, who carried who, coaching blunders, etc.

ImKobe
11-17-2014, 10:38 AM
There should be a one on one league. Then you guys wouldn't have to worry about scrub teammates, who carried who, coaching blunders, etc.

There needs to be a 1 vs 1 NBA Player tournament during the all-star break...it would draw ratings, too.

Imagine having a tournament with the best of them in it, imagine all the shit-talking on ISH.

chocolatethunder
11-17-2014, 10:39 AM
I just like to watch good basketball.

kurple
11-17-2014, 11:02 AM
Well I normally associate being a team fan with growing up around the local area of the team and watching it grow. I however don't get much NBA coverage in Malaysia so I don't really feel a sense of connection to any team.
but does it make more sense to just chose a player?

rooting for individuals in a team sport to me seems stupid. the whole team aspect dissapears.

Like how many Kobe fans constantly hated on Pau?