PDA

View Full Version : can Anthony Davis be the next Hakeem Olajuwon...

riseagainst
11-17-2014, 03:36 PM
or better?

chocolatethunder
11-17-2014, 03:37 PM
or better?
No but he's going to be really awesome. He plays nothing like Hakeem.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-17-2014, 03:41 PM
hell no
hakeem in his 3rd year was better at everything except taking care of the ball. And AD isnt even the best offensive player on the focal point on offense for the team

ADs ceiling is David Robinson lite

penny4president
11-17-2014, 03:47 PM
nop!! they have different style... but he can be the next KG.

NBAplayoffs2001
11-17-2014, 03:49 PM
Next KG.

bizil
11-17-2014, 03:54 PM
nop!! they have different style... but he can be the next KG.

There u go! Davis is more in line with KG!! Which is a 7 foot freak athlete who can defend big swingmen all the way down to center. On offense, they have the skillset of an elite swingman AND can also get it done inside too. As great as Hakeem was, he wasn't as versatile as KG or AD. Dream could play C or PF and was a freak athlete too. But AD and KG actually have small forward elements in their game to go with the PF stuff. With that said, I would take peak Dream over peak KG. But KG was clearly the more versatile big man.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-17-2014, 03:58 PM
Odd comparison. They don't play alike. AD is like Kevin Garnett with a worse Jumper but better shot blocking ability.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-17-2014, 04:01 PM
Odd comparison. They don't play alike. AD is like Kevin Garnett with a worse Jumper but better shot blocking ability.
Davis doesnt have anywhere near the playmaking/passing skills of KG
even past his prime Boston and Nets were using KG as point center alot

Inactive
11-17-2014, 04:03 PM
Odd comparison. They don't play alike. AD is like Kevin Garnett with a worse Jumper but better shot blocking ability.He isn't a playmaker like KG, but he seems to be better at finishing at the rim.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-17-2014, 04:03 PM
Yeah he's a worse passer and probably has a worse handle as well. But still, KG is the best comparison i can think of.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-17-2014, 04:04 PM
Yeah he's a worse passer and probably has a worse handle as well. But still, KG is the best comparison i can think of.
David Robinson is the best comparison
both stuff the stat sheet, high block and steal numbers. Faceup game, lot of transition, open dunks/alleys etc

RoundMoundOfReb
11-17-2014, 04:05 PM
Yeah Robinson's a good one too.

unbreakable
11-17-2014, 04:06 PM
hes already surpassed hakeem and barkley... easily..

now hes working towards becoming KG/Duncan/Dirk elite

penny4president
11-17-2014, 04:13 PM

pass that thing your smoking:pimp:

sportjames23
11-17-2014, 04:13 PM
or better?

No and no.

AD is a beast, but it's one thing to be a beast and another thing to be a legend. Kid's having a great season. Let's see if he can turn it into a career.

sportjames23
11-17-2014, 04:14 PM

Crack or meth--which one are you on?

swagga
11-17-2014, 04:45 PM
given his team (asik, evans, holiday, gordon, anderson, plus other role players like salmons or fredette) they should be at least .600 for the hype to be justified ... and I don't think they'll get close. They won vs orlando, minny, lakers, hornets and benefitted from a strategic spurs loss. He got destroyed by memphis, which exposed his weakness in defending real big men, something we saw at the wc too for stretches.

Compared to kg his post defense is lacking as he easily goes for fakes and lacks a bit in discipline. His passing game is also much inferior, so that comparison needs some time. Also his defense isn't as good as his stats because the pelicans are only 13th in defensive efficiency on a team with holiday & asik which are both very good defensively. Look at what howard is doing (with harden, montejunas and other defensive clowns playing heavy minutes) in houston for some serious defensive impact.

Don't get me wrong he is a great talent but imho his stats oversell his impact. Nonetheless I will re-evaluate in 30-40 games to have a decent sample.

Compared to hakeem this thread is a bad joke, hakeem was giving a historic lakers squad the business in the playoffs, AD hasn't even sniffed the PO.
Young admiral is a good comparison, albeit one more polished offensively.

swagga
11-17-2014, 04:46 PM

:biggums:

RoseCity07
11-17-2014, 04:46 PM
I can see him being the next Tim Duncan success wise. They're games aren't that similar but he has that kind of impact.

Milbuck
11-17-2014, 04:56 PM

:whatever:

navy
11-17-2014, 05:00 PM

What exactly have KG and Dirk done that Hakeem hasnt? :biggums: