PDA

View Full Version : Rick Barry picks his modern NBA 'Dream Team' last february

Lebron23
11-17-2014, 05:24 PM
Had a 20-minute conversation on the Bald Faced Truth radio show (12-3p on 750-AM) with basketball Hall of Famer Rick Barry on Thursday.

Listen to the full interview here.

I asked Barry to pick his best five NBA players, by position. Basically his "Dream Team," of current active players. He gave me five, plus a sixth man.

PG: Chris Paul --- "Best point guard right now. Period."

SG: LeBron James --- "I'd put LeBron at the 2... now he can shoot the basketball. I'd love to see him be able to learn how to catch the ball and use his first dribble as a productive dribble to get by his man. Oh my God. If he ever learned that he'd be insane."

SF: Kevin Durant --- "He has done what great players do... watch some of the great passes he's making to his teammates. Kevin's put that into his arsenal. That's made him that much better of a player, and he's doing so much more to help his teammates."

PF: Tim Duncan --- "It's hard not to take Tim Duncan as long as he's playing because I'd take him on my All-time team

C: Dwight Howard --- "Even though he has a weakness with free-throw shooting, there aren't a whole lot of good centers who are developing."

Sixth Man: Steph Curry --- "He's taken his game to the next level."

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2014/02/canzano_blog_rick_barry_picks.html

RoundMoundOfReb
11-17-2014, 05:26 PM
Pretty good, honestly.

I'd go:

Steph Currry
LeBron James
Kevin Durant
Anthony Davis
Dwight Howard

Jlamb47
11-17-2014, 05:29 PM
If i had to go active players right now.....

Stephen Curry
Lebron James
Kevin Durant
Anthony Davis
Dwught Howard