PDA

View Full Version : So Who Thinks Golden State Will Make It To The Finals?

Dro
11-17-2014, 07:55 PM
Who honestly thinks this? I'm not saying they won't, but I'm not sure..To me, they're still a jump shooting team......An EXCELLENT jump shooting team but still........

They don't have a low post thread..Now with Lee comes back, they may have that, but Bogut doesn't post up enough when I watch them..He seems to score off of pick and rolls or being set up by the guards....

They looked like the best team in the NBA against LA but then again, LA is horrible outside of Kobe, Lin and Ed Davis....

What do you guys think or who do think has the best shot at beating them in the playoffs?

navy
11-17-2014, 07:57 PM
They cant beat the Spurs....

RoundMoundOfReb
11-17-2014, 07:57 PM
I wouldnt take them over the field in the West but they are legitimate contenders.

Proctor
11-17-2014, 07:59 PM
They have no chance of making the Finals imo.

That's not to say they aren't a great team and a terrific threat though. WCF isn't a stretch. But as the adage goes, "when the game slows down.."

TylerOO
11-17-2014, 08:07 PM
Lol. Zero percent chance.

Inferno
11-17-2014, 08:18 PM
WCF and I'm glad

Ca$H
11-17-2014, 08:27 PM
championship after this move:

GSW gets Kobe

Den gets Iggy

LAL gets Lee, Gallinari, and GSW 1st rounder.

Sportal
11-17-2014, 08:28 PM
I think the absolute maximum I would wish to see, if I were a Warriors fan, is the WCF. It's safe to say that if this were to happen, there would be an "upset" in the West Playoffs. Would have to see how David Lee gets himself into things before I'd even reconsider them beating the Spurs, OKC and I don't know if they'd even beat the Clippers/Memphis over 7 games...

oarabbus
11-17-2014, 08:30 PM
They cant beat the Spurs....

The closer we come to playoff time, the harder I will shit my pants when I see the silver and black or a picture of Popovich. No straight up I am not scared of any team in the West in a 7 game series (of course each series will be brutal) except the Spurs.

Please god let someone else take out the Spurs in the playoffs. That is the only way we can make the Finals. Pop has our number. Like Inferno said a WCF appearance is what I'm hoping for this season.

I think the absolute maximum I would wish to see, if I were a Warriors fan, is the WCF. It's safe to say that if this were to happen, there would be an "upset" in the West Playoffs. Would have to see how David Lee gets himself into things before I'd even reconsider them beating the Spurs, OKC and I don't know if they'd even beat the Clippers/Memphis over 7 games...

Ah yeah, Memphis is a scary team too. I'd rather not play them.

OKC and Clippers? Not worried.

inclinerator
11-17-2014, 08:34 PM
unless they get super hot shooting thru a whole series against the elites dont see it

Sportal
11-17-2014, 08:44 PM
The closer we come to playoff time, the harder I will shit my pants when I see the silver and black or a picture of Popovich. No straight up I am not scared of any team in the West in a 7 game series (of course each series will be brutal) except the Spurs.

Please god let someone else take out the Spurs in the playoffs. That is the only way we can make the Finals. Pop has our number. Like Inferno said a WCF appearance is what I'm hoping for this season.

Ah yeah, Memphis is a scary team too. I'd rather not play them.

OKC and Clippers? Not worried.

I think OKC are a nightmare for you guys. Your two best players are guards, their two better defenders are guards. Who's on Durant? Iggy, please... Westbrook is going to get his on Curry, over Curry and around Curry. Then you've got their PF DOTY candidate who can shoot open 3s, which will pull Lee to the perimeter, which leads to..? Open lanes, yes, who are two of the best players in open lanes?

Idk, I'd be a little worried.

tpols
11-17-2014, 08:59 PM
Too hard to call.. They're neck and neck with like 5 other teams.

jbryan1984
11-17-2014, 09:09 PM
They looking good. Houston and Memphis too. Memphis been together so long now, they should make it. I dont think Spurs will.

Twiens
11-17-2014, 09:14 PM
Don't think so, the West is just ridiculous. They'd have a legit shot of wining the East, but I still think I prefer Spurs/Thunder/Grizz in a series with houston/clips etc going to 7 with g-state.

Jyap9675
11-17-2014, 09:25 PM
If they can manage their turnovers (particularly Curry) they have a shot imo

Dro
12-24-2014, 12:02 AM
They're the favorites right now.....

atljonesbro
12-24-2014, 12:04 AM
Gsw vs ATL finals would be a lot of fun.

Dro
12-24-2014, 12:05 AM
Gsw vs ATL finals would be a lot of fun.
Honestly it would be.....Would be a fast paced, up and down series...

Buzissa
12-24-2014, 12:44 AM
I would still take San Antonio and OKC (with everyone healthy) over GS in a 7-game series. Maybe Portland and the Clippers as well.
Teams have to be insanely good and consistent to make the Finals in the West.

imnew09
12-24-2014, 12:46 AM
cant even beat my Kobe-less Lakers :lol :lol

juju151111
12-24-2014, 12:47 AM
Means nothing. They are on a b2b and probably underestimated them. Even the 96 bulls loseto a crappy team it happens.

Relinquish
12-24-2014, 01:40 AM

Kobe-less Lakers are a good team. Kobe is the worst player in the league right now. :applause:

oarabbus
12-24-2014, 03:07 AM

That's because Kobe has the biggest negative impact in the league on both offense and defense :roll:

Dro
12-24-2014, 11:32 AM
Means nothing. They are on a b2b and probably underestimated them. Even the 96 bulls loseto a crappy team it happens.
I agree...it doesn't mean much for GS to lose that game..On the other hand, it says a ton about the Lakers and how Kobe has been a negative to that team this year overall.......

Demitri98
12-24-2014, 12:39 PM
No.

They're just regular season warriors (no pun intended) and will fade in the playoffs.

atljonesbro
12-24-2014, 12:44 PM
No.

They're just regular season warriors (no pun intended) and will fade in the playoffs.
Based on???? This team is obviously a lot better than previous teams so there's no way you'd ever know that.

T_L_P
12-24-2014, 12:57 PM
With a healthy Bogut and without meeting the Spurs, yes.

Dro
12-24-2014, 01:08 PM
With a healthy Bogut and without meeting the Spurs, yes.
I think they can beat the Spurs......They seem to matchup well with them and play the same style......For some reason I feel GS would struggle with Houston or Portland because of the matchups......