PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlies taking the league by storm this season

SpecialQue
11-17-2014, 11:26 PM
Tonight they sent the Rockets home with dangling rectums. Currently the best team in the league. Look forward to them being a top 3 team.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-17-2014, 11:28 PM
nothing quiet about it if nikkas been payin attention.........ive said for a while that a healthy Memphis is a 60 win team

Eric Cartman
11-17-2014, 11:29 PM
They lost to the Bucks.

The Bucks.

Legends66NBA7
11-17-2014, 11:29 PM
Looking forward to Wednesday's game. Hope the boys are ready for these guys.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-17-2014, 11:30 PM
Not really raping. Their MOV was like 5 points coming into tonight.

SpecialQue
11-17-2014, 11:33 PM
They lost to the Bucks.

The Bucks.

And they just beat the Rockets, who before tonight only lost one game.

What's your point?

deja vu
11-17-2014, 11:34 PM
Let's see if they can knock off the Spurs in the playoffs.

Magic731
They lost to the Bucks.

The Bucks.
Off the back of a 3 game road trip on a back to back and they still only lost by a point after a 3 point play at the end. Oh also this is the 2014-15 NBA season, not 2013-14. The Bucks really aren't that bad.

mattvNJ
They lost to the Bucks.

The Bucks.

if this is your argument quit watching basketball. Any team on any given night can lose to any one. Also they lost on i believe a buzzer beater by Knight.

Grizz look phenomenal. Offense/Defense running on full cylinders Jorger(SP) is doing a great job, learned a lot from Lionel and is showing it.

Excited for this team this season, since i dont have the nets to really hope for much from.

SpecialQue
11-17-2014, 11:36 PM
if this is your argument quit watching basketball. Any team on any given night can lose to any one. Also they lost on i believe a buzzer beater by Knight.

Grizz look phenomenal. Offense/Defense running on full cylinders Jorger(SP) is doing a great job, learned a lot from Lionel and is showing it.

Excited for this team this season, since i dont have the nets to really hope for much from.

With the Lakers shitting the bed so far with no hope of improvement, I'm fully on the Grizzlies bandwagon. The only time I root against them is when they play the Lakers.

mattvNJ
11-17-2014, 11:38 PM
With the Lakers shitting the bed so far with no hope of improvement, I'm fully on the Grizzlies bandwagon. The only time I root against them is when they play the Lakers.

Grizz have always been my west team, Because a few years back when the nets were struggling to win 15 games I liked how defensive minded and the promise of conley/gasol(s) looked like it could be something.

Glad theyre growing together
:cheers:

Milbuck
11-17-2014, 11:39 PM
They lost to the Bucks.

The Bucks.
Oh stop it.

Watch the games..the Bucks are a decent team, vastly better than last year (when they were slaughtered by injuries), and it's not even close. #2 in DRTG, #3 defense in points allowed, #4 in opponent FG%, #8 in opponent TOV%, etc.

YouGotServed
11-17-2014, 11:39 PM
lmfao @ "quietly." I understand Kobe fan bois rarely watch basketball outside of Kobe but damn. Step it up. Any decent basketball fan knows Memphis has been beasting so far. No one outside of L.A is surprised.

1*'d

YouGotServed
11-17-2014, 11:40 PM
Oh stop it.

Watch the games..the Bucks are a decent team. #2 in DRTG, #3 defense in points allowed, #4 in opponent FG%, #8 in opponent TOV%, etc.

:oldlol:

buddha
the Rockets have been ice cold the past 3 games. I think when they are normal they could take em with ease.

AussieG
The nice thing about the Grizzlies is that they are usually douchebag free in terms of the roster.

RoseCity07
11-17-2014, 11:41 PM
The only teams I think can own Portland are SA and Memphis. They are teams to fear.

ronnymac
MC is probably the best Point in the league and that is no joke. He is playing at an superstar level which has elevated that team. Another impressive thing is their bench output. You have Beno, Lee,Leure, Koustas and Pondexter playing really at a high level which gives the opposition no respite.

TaLvsCuaL
Honestly I think this Grizzlies team is great but they still have many deficiencies. They lack scoring options, and the bench is decent but the rotation is very short. I can't see them reaching the WCF.

Milbuck
11-17-2014, 11:42 PM
:oldlol:
Bucks vs Grizzlies : 93-92, W

Rockets vs Grizzlies : 93-119, L......Harden 6 points 1-8 FG

:yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy:

SpecialQue
11-17-2014, 11:43 PM
Honestly I think this Grizzlies team is great but they still have many deficiencies. They lack scoring options, and the bench is decent but the rotation is very short. I can't see them reaching the WCF.

They've done it before.

YouGotServed
11-17-2014, 11:47 PM

Rockets vs Grizzlies : 93-119, L.....

.Harden 6 points 1-8 FG

:lol

TaLvsCuaL
11-17-2014, 11:48 PM
They've done it before.
And they can do it again, but I think many people like to overreact and take things out of proportion. Memphis is a good team, but there is some teams as good as them. It is too early, and also this year the west is very strong.

Milbuck
11-17-2014, 11:49 PM
:lol
Repped

mattvNJ
11-18-2014, 12:09 AM
MC is probably the best Point in the league and that is no joke. He is playing at an superstar level which has elevated that team. Another impressive thing is their bench output. You have Beno, Lee,Leure, Koustas and Pondexter playing really at a high level which gives the opposition no respite.
i said he was easy top three a week ago and was laughed at just becuase they arent exciting or blown by espn their players get constantly neglected and underrated.

Good post. Pondexter isnt really playing at that high of a level, could be better. But they squeeze the most out of all those guys. Love the addition of lee, really aided in their lack of perimeter scoring.

TonyBulls91
11-18-2014, 12:15 AM
Thread title made me laugh a little for some reason.

sammichoffate
11-18-2014, 12:23 AM
Vince Carter had only 2 points and they still won by double digits. This team's depth is pretty damn good, at least for now. If they had a Rip Hamilton-type player, this team would be a contender no question. They actually remind me of that 04' Pistons squad, no superstar and suffocating defense along with unselfish passing.

Eric Cartman
11-18-2014, 12:32 AM

:lol :lol

Come playoff time, they need one more perimeter scorer that can create offense. Otherwise they are who we thought they were, a second round exit, given that they don't face a healthy thunder team which will make them another first round exit.

They are 5th best in the west when it's all set and done (Spurs, thunder, clippers, golden state, memphis)

SugarHill
11-18-2014, 12:39 AM
The nice thing about the Grizzlies is that they are usually douchebag free in terms of the roster.
Which is hilarious because of Z-Bo.

Z-Bo :bowdown:

Bosnian Sajo
11-18-2014, 12:50 AM
Oh stop it.

Watch the games..the Bucks are a decent team, vastly better than last year (when they were slaughtered by injuries), and it's not even close. #2 in DRTG, #3 defense in points allowed, #4 in opponent FG%, #8 in opponent TOV%, etc.

The Bucks really have improved, Knight is playing amazing. I want to see Giannis blow up, Milwaukee will be the OKC of the East.

Knight ~ Westbrook
Parker ~ Green
Sanders ~ Ibaka
Giannis ~ Durant

If they live up to the potential.

Eric Cartman
11-18-2014, 12:51 AM

Rockets vs Grizzlies : 93-119, L......Harden 6 points 1-8 FG

:applause:

D-Wade316
11-18-2014, 01:03 AM
John Hollinger is the Vice President of Basketball Operations for the Memphis Grizzlies. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hollinger)

:lol :bowdown:

Al Thornton
11-18-2014, 01:05 AM
they still struggle to score 90 points

UK2K
11-18-2014, 01:13 AM
Pretty sure the Rockets are gassed.

Beverley just came back. No Jones. 2 of their starters lately were in the D league not that long ago, and nearly everyone on their bench was in the D league not that long ago.

11 games in 20 days, 7 of them being on the road. 4 games in the last 5 days, 3 of those being on the road.

Until Jones comes back, we wont really see how good the Rockets can be.

Memphis on average shoots 44%. They shot 54% tonight. Memphis averages 96 points per game. Tonight they scored 119. They've played 4 in a row at home, and havent been on the road in 10 days.

Dont think this game is indicative of anything.

Pointguard
11-18-2014, 01:18 AM
Memphis is just flat out playing better team ball, on both sides of the ball, than any other team. Its not close. They are fun to watch even if you don't care for any of their players. But, I have to admit I like seeing Vince having fun.

sportjames23
11-18-2014, 01:20 AM
Grizzlies quietly raping the league

Kobe taking notes. He knows if he had been quiet with that white girl, he coulda avoided going to court.

Milbuck
11-18-2014, 01:23 AM
The Bucks really have improved, Knight is playing amazing. I want to see Giannis blow up, Milwaukee will be the OKC of the East.

Knight ~ Westbrook
Parker ~ Green
Sanders ~ Ibaka
Giannis ~ Durant

If they live up to the potential.

I can only hope Giannis becomes 80% of the player KD is though. He's coming along nicely this year. Right around where Paul George was his 2nd year, though a year younger. It pissed me off at first, but I'm growing to love what Kidd is doing..dude is playing his vets and making his young guys earn their minutes. You can tell it lit a fire under Giannis, dude went from coming off the bench, to putting up 16/6 on 53% shooting his last 5 games, now he's starting. Hopefully Jabari does the same.

Akrazotile
11-18-2014, 03:28 AM
Lets just hope the Grizz dont rat out Shaq afterward

All Net
11-18-2014, 04:19 AM
Edited for obvious reasons

They look great so far

masonanddixon
11-18-2014, 04:20 AM
Dallas is the one team that can beat them for sure in a series.

Otherwise they are looking like the cream of the crop out West thus far.

Done_And_Done
11-18-2014, 04:45 AM
Oh you just wait until they encounter the wrath of my Raptors on Wednesday. Them Grizzlies better bring the booty stitches with them to the cold north.

Jokes aside,

I would actually be extremely thrilled to pull out a win against these guys. The Griz have been laying the pipe on everyone this year.

Booty stitches boys... Booty stitches

MMM
11-18-2014, 04:32 PM
:lol :lol

Come playoff time, they need one more perimeter scorer that can create offense. Otherwise they are who we thought they were, a second round exit, given that they don't face a healthy thunder team which will make them another first round exit.

They are 5th best in the west when it's all set and done (Spurs, thunder, clippers, golden state, memphis)

The Grizz have their flaws but what makes their holes any more glaring than their competition???

Spurs, Thunder, Clippers, Golden State have their share of flaws but more importantly they can be upset in the first round because how competitive the West.

I<3NBA
11-18-2014, 05:20 PM
let's pray they don't meet OKC in the playoffs. another series would get stolen from them.

KyrieTheFuture
11-18-2014, 05:29 PM

I can only hope Giannis becomes 80% of the player KD is though. He's coming along nicely this year. Right around where Paul George was his 2nd year, though a year younger. It pissed me off at first, but I'm growing to love what Kidd is doing..dude is playing his vets and making his young guys earn their minutes. You can tell it lit a fire under Giannis, dude went from coming off the bench, to putting up 16/6 on 53% shooting his last 5 games, now he's starting. Hopefully Jabari does the same.
I think Kidd is not an excellent X and O coach (duh) but he really understands how players think IMO

LONGTIME
11-18-2014, 09:00 PM
Second round exit.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-18-2014, 09:42 PM
John Hollinger is the Vice President of Basketball Operations for the Memphis Grizzlies. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hollinger)

:lol :bowdown:
theyve had the same core pieces (Marc, Conley, ZBo, Toney) before Hollinger was there