PDA

View Full Version : I'm so sick of this Anthony Davis hype propaganda...

stalkerforlife
11-18-2014, 07:21 PM
"He's the best player in the game."

"He has GOAT potential."

"He's an MVP candidate."

:biggums:

You play to win the game. Losers are always trying to find a silver lining in losing. Nerds will come up with any stat they can to make their favorite players look better. True greatness is determined by willing your team to win. I don't care how pretty your stats look if you can't will your team to win. Davis has plenty of talent surrounding him to help him win. Make the playoffs just once before you anoint the dude the best in the game.

Maybe he can become elite, but as of right now, he does not have the ability to will a team to win.

Maniak
11-18-2014, 07:21 PM
I agree with what you said. Good points all around

stalkerforlife
11-18-2014, 07:22 PM
I agree with what you said. Good points all around

Thank you.

fragokota
11-18-2014, 07:24 PM
Alpha.

oarabbus
11-18-2014, 07:28 PM

"He has GOAT potential."

"He's an MVP candidate."

You play to win the game. Losers are always trying to find a silver lining in losing. Nerds will come up with any stat they can to make their favorite players look better. True greatness is determined by willing your team to win. I don't care how pretty your stats look if you can't will your team to win. Davis has plenty of talent surrounding him to help him win. Make the playoffs just once before you anoint the dude the best in the game.

Maybe he can become elite, but as of right now, he does not have the ability to will a team to win.

Kobe?

"Make the playoffs just once" lol he's a 3rd year player

Done_And_Done
11-18-2014, 07:29 PM
He's the new kid in town, with a likable, mellowed personality that fans abroad are viewing as refreshing. But more importantly, fans of the game aren't blind to what this kid could potentially burgeon into. He's a world class talent that could very well play himself into all time elite company. It's not hard to get excited about that. But yes, you're correct in the sense that EVENTUALLY the way he is perceived will come down to wins or losses much the way every other player is measured in the end. But for now, it's just fun to see watch this young kid do his thing and envision if he'll fill out the growing expectations.

Plus he has a unibrow and shit

stalkerforlife
11-18-2014, 07:29 PM
Kobe?

"Make the playoffs just once" lol he's a 3rd year player

SugarHill
11-18-2014, 07:30 PM
Preach.

Nah you're trippin

stalkerforlife
He's the new kid in town, with a likable, mellowed personality that fans abroad are viewing as refreshing. But more importantly, fans of the game aren't blind to what this kid could potentially burgeon into. He's a world class talent that could very well play himself into all time elite company. It's not hard to get excited about that. But yes, you're correct in the sense that EVENTUALLY the way he is perceived will come down to wins or losses much the way every other player is measured in the end. But for now, it's just fun to see watch this young kid do his thing and envision if he'll fill out the growing expectations.

Plus he has a unibrow and shit

Solid post.

oarabbus

This is what you said about AD

Now apply that to Kobe, but change the first part to reference the past.

stalkerforlife
11-18-2014, 07:31 PM
This is what you said about AD

Now apply that to Kobe, but change the first part to reference the past.

outbreak
11-18-2014, 07:31 PM
Plenty of top players missed the play offs in their early seasons. He's a big man too they usually take longer to develop. Right now he is playing better than anyone else in the league. That's a fact. He isn't going to win MVP until they win more though but you can't try and discount how good he is looking by saying he isn't even an MVP candidate. This is the first year he's had what I'd say is a solid team around him if they stay healthy their should be no excuses not to make the play offs this year but they will need some time to gel as they have some new guys and some old guys coming back from long injury lay offs. Maybe ish is overhyping him a bit but he sure is an exciting future for the league if you are a real basketball fan.

Maybe he should jump ship to a team with 2 other stars and pick up easy rings, would you be riding his dick then?

RoseCity07
11-18-2014, 07:32 PM
Bad coaching not getting hin the ball.

Smoke117
11-18-2014, 07:33 PM
"Willing your team to win" :oldlol: :facepalm That is dumbest shit that anyone can ever say. Nobody wills anything...you create plays and take shots and you miss or make them. You play defense or you don't. You don't "will" anything. You don't overcome a team with "heart". Anthony Davis has the team 5-4 with that garbage perimeter line up. Tyreke Evans the 2nd leading scorer averages 16ppg...on 15.9 shots. He has the team over .500 so I don't understand the problem with praising him. That team is ranked 14th in defense because of Anthony Davis and him solely. If he was not on the team they would be 26-30th.

SugarHill
11-18-2014, 07:34 PM
"Willing your team to win" :oldlol: :facepalm That is dumbest shit that anyone can ever say. Nobody wills anything...you create plays and take shots and you miss or make them. You play defense or you don't. You don't "will" anything. You don't overcome a team with "heart". Anthony Davis as the team 5-4 with that garbage perimeter line up. Tyreke Evans the 2nd leading scorer averages 16ppg...on 15.9 shots. He has the team over .500 so I don't understand the problem with praising him.
You should know about those buzzwords by now and who uses them lol

fragokota
11-18-2014, 07:37 PM

Dude what part of what he wrote didn;t you get?

Paraphrazing you from your original post ( implying Kobe )

Maybe he WAS elite, but as of right now, he does not have the ability to will a team to win.

TonyD
11-18-2014, 07:37 PM
He has plenty of time to start winning. Even someone as great as MJ wasn't winning right out of the gate.

stalkerforlife
11-18-2014, 07:38 PM
Plenty of top players missed the play offs in their early seasons. He's a big man too they usually take longer to develop. Right now he is playing better than anyone else in the league. That's a fact. He isn't going to win MVP until they win more though but you can't try and discount how good he is looking by saying he isn't even an MVP candidate. This is the first year he's had what I'd say is a solid team around him if they stay healthy their should be no excuses not to make the play offs this year but they will need some time to gel as they have some new guys and some old guys coming back from long injury lay offs. Maybe ish is overhyping him a bit but he sure is an exciting future for the league if you are a real basketball fan.

Maybe he should jump ship to a team with 2 other stars and pick up easy rings, would you be riding his dick then?

I'd discount anything he did team oriented if he did that.

He needs to win with the great talent he has around him right now to live up to this hype.

stalkerforlife
11-18-2014, 07:38 PM
Dude what part of what he wrote didn;t you get?

Paraphrazing you from your original post ( implying Kobe )

Maybe he WAS elite, but as of right now, he does not have the ability to will a team to win.

:facepalm

Real Men Wear Green
11-18-2014, 07:39 PM
I'd discount anything he did team oriented if he did that.

He needs to win with the great talent he has around him right now to live up to this hype.
Which one of his teammates should be an All-Star?

Trollsmasher
11-18-2014, 07:40 PM
Me too

I hope he rapes someone or kills a kid so we can get rid of him

fragokota

At least you got it the second time :lol :lol :lol

fpliii
I like Davis, but agree he's getting overhyped. That's why you have to throw box score stats out the window. From his blocks and steals, you'd think he's the second coming of Russell/Olajuwon on that end. His potential is definitely there, but I still need to see more consistently. Someone (Hamtaro maybe?) posted stats recently, and he's not doing a great job of contesting at the rim.

Again, his potential is through the roof, and he's elite for sure, but I think he's overrated by the box score.

stalkerforlife
"Willing your team to win" :oldlol: :facepalm That is dumbest shit that anyone can ever say. Nobody wills anything...you create plays and take shots and you miss or make them. You play defense or you don't. You don't "will" anything. You don't overcome a team with "heart". Anthony Davis has the team 5-4 with that garbage perimeter line up. Tyreke Evans the 2nd leading scorer averages 16ppg...on 15.9 shots. He has the team over .500 so I don't understand the problem with praising him. That team is ranked 14th in defense because of Anthony Davis and him solely. If he was not on the team they would be 26-30th.

I can't believe you have the audacity to discount the talent surrounding him.

Holiday
Gordon
Anderson
Evans
Asik

He has a LOT of help.

QuebecBaller
11-18-2014, 07:41 PM
Enough with Davis! Let's talk about Kobe and LeBron... :lol

outbreak
11-18-2014, 07:42 PM

Exactly. OP is delusional and in panic mode. This is the first year Davis has had a team I think are a play off team. They aren't a legit competitor though by any measure and they are currently above .500 any way.

stalkerforlife
11-18-2014, 07:43 PM

9 games into the season, I don't know. Holiday has been an all-star. Anderson is one of the best sixth men in the game. Asik is a top 10 center. Evans is a top 10 SF. Gordon has averaged 20+ points in a season.

He has plenty of help.

stalkerforlife
11-18-2014, 07:43 PM
At least you got it the second time :lol :lol :lol

Still have no clue.

GOBB
11-18-2014, 07:45 PM

"He has GOAT potential."

"He's an MVP candidate."

starface?

stalkerforlife
11-18-2014, 07:46 PM
starface?

:coleman:

Smoke117
11-18-2014, 07:46 PM

Holiday
Gordon
Anderson
Evans
Asik

He has a LOT of help.

Oh yeah what help... Holiday, Evans, and Gordon average 40.2ppg on 38.3 shots. :applause: :applause: :applause:

outbreak
11-18-2014, 07:47 PM
9 games into the season, I don't know. Holiday has been an all-star. Anderson is one of the best sixth men in the game. Asik is a top 10 center. Evans is a top 10 SF. Gordon has averaged 20+ points in a season.

He has plenty of help.

Anderson is a great 6th man and Holiday has been an all star. Other than that Asik is not a top 10 center, Evans is not a top 10 SF and Gordon is how far removed from being a 20ppg scorer on a terrible team?

That's like me saying the lakers should be a championship or bust this year because they have 2 MVPS and a 20ppg scorer in Boozer.

Real Men Wear Green
11-18-2014, 07:47 PM

He has plenty of help.
But you call them "great?" What Eric Gordon averaged in the past doesn't matter when he's currently doing 8. A top 10 center apparently averages 9points and 10 boards. The guys you are listing are solid players but this is not a "great" cast. Still doesn't have the second star he's going to need to win at a high level.

stalkerforlife
11-18-2014, 07:48 PM
Anderson is a great 6th man and Holiday has been an all star. Other than that Asik is not a top 10 center, Evans is not a top 10 SF and Gordon is how far removed from being a 20ppg scorer on a terrible team?

That's like me saying the lakers should be a championship or bust this year because they have 2 MVPS and a 20ppg scorer in Boozer.

Yes, they are.

chips93
11-18-2014, 07:49 PM

He has plenty of help.

who cares what he has done, what is he doing this season? hes averaging 8 ppg on 35% from the field.

thats not help.

holiday is an average starting point guard.

evans is a solid player, id agree hes top 10. a good passer, and slasher, but still piss poor from the perimeter.

other than anderson the bench is trash.

in the west you need more talent than that to make the playoffs.

fragokota
11-18-2014, 07:51 PM
The kid has been playing great, it's too early to start accusing him for his team not winning enough. Sub par talent in NO, stacked west etc. He is way too young, give him time.

chips93
11-18-2014, 07:52 PM
dwight
marc
noah
deandre
boogie
nene
varejao
horford
lopez
big al
bogut
duncan

are all better than asik. he might have the worst hands of any big man in the entire league.

Smoke117
11-18-2014, 07:54 PM
stalker once again proving he's one of the dumbest posters on this board. :applause:

outbreak
11-18-2014, 07:54 PM
dwight
marc
noah
deandre
boogie
nene
varejao
horford
lopez
big al
bogut
duncan

are all better than asik. he might have the worst hands of any big man in the entire league.

You forgot Vucevic, plus in a few years we will have all the young guys making themselves known too. The center and point guard positions are getting pretty stacked for the future.

Blue&Orange
11-18-2014, 07:55 PM

Holiday
Gordon
Anderson
Evans
Asik

He has a LOT of help.
The fact that you included Gordon on the LOT of help list is proof enough you are clueless.

Melo help completely destroys Davis help, even Cole Aldrich have better PER numbers than 90% of Pelicans bench, Cole frigging Aldrich.

stalkerforlife
11-18-2014, 08:10 PM
dwight
marc
noah
deandre
boogie
nene
varejao
horford
lopez
big al
bogut
duncan

When I say top 10 centers, I focus on defense and rebounding.

stalkerforlife
11-18-2014, 08:11 PM
The fact that you included Gordon on the LOT of help list is proof enough you are clueless.

Melo help completely destroys Davis help, even Cole Aldrich have better PER numbers than 90% of Pelicans bench, Cole frigging Aldrich.

outbreak
11-18-2014, 08:13 PM

When I say top 10 centers, I focus on defense and rebounding.

so take out Lopez and the list still stands?

tontoz
11-18-2014, 08:15 PM
:lol @ hype propaganda. This thread is dumb stupid.

AD is beasting and his team has a winning record in the West while Evans/Gordon are shooting blanks. Chill