PDA

View Full Version : Iman Shumpert

1987_Lakers
11-19-2014, 01:20 AM
He's quietly having a nice year so far. 21 points. 8 rebounds. 8 assists. 3 steals tonight.

Kidbasketball20
11-19-2014, 01:23 AM
Shumpert is a great player. He could easily be the 4th guy on a championship team.

imdaman99
11-19-2014, 01:53 AM
He's one of the few Knicks I really like. I like him, Hardaway, Prigs and the rookie. Unfortunately Prigs is 10 yrs past his prime, and Hardaway is a terrible defender. Shump is the only consistent defender on the team who is always giving it his all. He's also the only guy on the team that will get the 50-50 ball.

That being said, I don't know if he could be the #2 on a championship team unless the #1 is someone like MJ or Kobe. Melo is a shitty leader and does not have the alpha winning mentality those 2 had. I'm hoping he continues getting better, it's all I really look forward to in Knicks games nowadays.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-19-2014, 01:55 AM
I like to troll Knicks fans (in his rookie year i saw a thread on another forum comparing him to Dwyane Wade made by a knicks fan) but seriously he's a good player. Excellent role-player for a title team.

AnaheimLakers24
11-19-2014, 01:58 AM
butler an kwahi are still better.

imdaman99
11-19-2014, 02:18 AM
butler an kwahi are still better.
Well of course, but don't you think the system is also better in Chicago and San Antonio? Pop and Thibs would love a guy like Shump on their team. Imagine the lockdown possibilities with Shump added to their lineup paired with Butler or Kawhi? And it's not as if he is a scrub on offense, he has his off nights like anyone but if given the shine in a system? He would thrive. Fisher has him playing well, which I commend. Woodson was horrible for Shump, because he just was not even a capable coach and scapegoated Shump far too often.

andremiller07
11-19-2014, 02:25 AM
Shumpert has by a wide margin been the Knicks best player this year, dude's got game it's like night and day between this and last year, Knicks should re-sign him ASAP.

Becoming one of my favorite players.

DMV2
11-19-2014, 08:35 AM
I'm officially no longer a Shumpert hater.

:applause:

chocolatethunder
11-19-2014, 11:10 AM
He's been great and he's the only bright spot on an otherwise abysmal team. I am not a Knick fan nor hater but I can't understand why in hell they resigned Melo. They really need to blow it up up there. I don't see how they can be a competitive team in the future. Their fan base has to be unhappy with their product so why not just clear out the cap space and rebuild. It's like a once great franchise has become a poster child for dysfunction. I think that it's naive to assume that the "allure" of New York will bring in good free agents. They need to build from the draft and suck for a while. I guess they already suck but they need to really suck for a while.

imdaman99
11-19-2014, 04:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxlj25oHlyU

This was a thing of beauty. Haven't seen reverse facial dunks like that since Kobe's prime :bowdown: Greek freak posterized :pimp:

tpols
11-19-2014, 04:21 PM

This was a thing of beauty. Haven't seen reverse facial dunks like that since Kobe's prime :bowdown: Greek freak posterized :pimp:

He did this like last week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaPk3fWjAGU:bowdown:

NBAplayoffs2001
11-19-2014, 04:25 PM

Same exact play popped in my head :applause:. Shump's been my Knick favorite since '12.

MellowYellow
11-19-2014, 05:02 PM
Shumpert has by a wide margin been the Knicks best player this year, dude's got game it's like night and day between this and last year, Knicks should re-sign him ASAP.

Becoming one of my favorite players.

No, Melo has. The only reason he gets open looks is because of the attention Melo gets. But he is the clear-cut #2 right now. They could be a pretty fearsome 3some when Caldy gets back.

Milbuck
11-19-2014, 05:09 PM

Seriously, that was Frobe-esque. Giannis just gotta shake his hand on that one.

oarabbus
11-19-2014, 05:14 PM
No, Melo has. The only reason he gets open looks is because of the attention Melo gets. But he is the clear-cut #2 right now. They could be a pretty fearsome 3some when Caldy gets back.

Fearsome being a relative term, you know, since the Knicks are one of the worst teams right now in the East :yaohappy:

MellowYellow
11-19-2014, 05:16 PM
Fearsome being a relative term, you know, since the Knicks are one of the worst teams right now in the East :yaohappy:

Opponents are barely squeaking by them, they aren't getting blown out like the Lakers. Calderon is enough to sway at least 3 of their losses to wins. Larkin has been turrible, he needs to go back to baseball.

ClutchOver9000
11-19-2014, 05:31 PM
Shump's been my favorite Knick since we drafted him.

I've always believed in him and his potential so it's great to see a glimpse of what he is capable of.

He's been the only consistently productive Knick outside of Melo.

Excellent defender with an ever improving offensive repertoire, and a fiery personality, he's the soul of the team.

I'd still label him as an erratic shooter but he's having a hell of a season so far.