PDA

View Full Version : LeBron: "I've taken on the burden of leading young guys

Kidbasketball20
11-19-2014, 03:40 PM
"This is more challenging than me trying to win my first championship," James told ESPN.com on Wednesday, hours before his Cavaliers hosted the San Antonio Spurs. "Because that was a personal goal of mine. Doing this was never a goal until I decided to come back to Cleveland."

"I've taken on the burden of leading young guys," James said, "getting them to understand what it takes to win. And it takes more than just basketball. It's about being a professional, not having a sense of entitlement, being grateful that you're a part of this league. Those things have a lot to do with winning.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11903507/lebron-james-says-teaching-cleveland-cavaliers-win-biggest-challenge

A round of applause for LeBron for taking on the burden!!

riseagainst
11-19-2014, 03:42 PM
at least he admits that it was easy winning his first championship, with a former FMVP and champion who arguably had the greatest finals performance of all time.

NBAplayoffs2001
11-19-2014, 03:48 PM
"This is more challenging than me trying to win my first championship," James told ESPN.com on Wednesday, hours before his Cavaliers hosted the San Antonio Spurs. "Because that was a personal goal of mine. Doing this was never a goal until I decided to come back to Cleveland."

"I've taken on the burden of leading young guys," James said, "getting them to understand what it takes to win. And it takes more than just basketball. It's about being a professional, not having a sense of entitlement, being grateful that you're a part of this league. Those things have a lot to do with winning.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11903507/lebron-james-says-teaching-cleveland-cavaliers-win-biggest-challenge

not surprised still a beta.

SamuraiSWISH
11-19-2014, 03:55 PM
LOL him talking about entitlement.

And seriously dislike the way he always pats himself on the back ... wonder if that's how he hurt his back.

Face it dude you went back to Cleveland because of perceived younger, and superior talent than the now washed up guys in Miami. So you bailed again to suit your agenda.

Cocaine80s
11-19-2014, 03:55 PM
And we can tell that Kyrie has improved under his leadership this season :applause:

Once Love gets going its championship or bust

R.I.P.
11-19-2014, 04:12 PM

He has it so tough. I remember when Dirk took on the burden of leading youngsters Josh Howard and Marquis Daniels to the NBA finals. Some guys just have it tough.

Poor LeBron only has a #1 pick, a #4 pick, a #4 pick and a #5 pick with a total of 15 years of NBA experience, gold medals, all-star games and all entering their physical prime playing in a shit conference that on average had two good teams for the last 15 years.

Clyde
11-19-2014, 04:16 PM

And seriously dislike the way he always pats himself on the back ... wonder if that's how he hurt his back.

Face it dude you went back to Cleveland because of perceived younger, and superior talent than the now washed up guys in Miami. So you bailed again to suit your agenda.

AGREE

Mr. Jabbar
11-19-2014, 04:19 PM
the burden of kevin love and kyrie irving

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1535/15356206/2404792-8968433545-13615.gif

Akrazotile
11-19-2014, 04:32 PM
Brons a good guy but every once in a while, he just talks too much. The city loves you again Lebron. You dont have to keep reminding everyone youre a hero.

Da_Realist
11-19-2014, 04:42 PM

This. Plus this is a subtle way of lowering expectations. Just like his 'the Spurs are not a rival' comment. Is he the least competitive great player ever? I don't know another great player that could brush off last year's a$$ whipping and act like they're his friends.

ArbitraryWater
11-19-2014, 04:53 PM
I love it because it makes people so mad :roll:

LeBron is MOLDING Irving into the perfect 2nd option.

fragokota
11-19-2014, 04:55 PM
This. Plus this is a subtle way of lowering expectations. Just like his 'the Spurs are not a rival' comment. Is he the least competitive great player ever? I don't know another great player that could brush off last year's a$$ whipping and act like they're his friends.

Probably, but do you seriously expect him to start the big talk? He knows there's a pretty big chance he gets his a$$ kicked again this year by Pop...

MUGEN
11-19-2014, 05:01 PM
He has it so tough. I remember when Dirk took on the burden of leading youngsters Josh Howard and Marquis Daniels to the NBA finals. Some guys just have it tough.

Poor LeBron only has a #1 pick, a #4 pick, a #4 pick and a #5 pick with a total of 15 years of NBA experience, gold medals, all-star games and all entering their physical prime playing in a shit conference that on average had two good teams for the last 15 years.

lol exactly

The tone of arrogance + entitlement from Lebron is the main reason I just can't be a fan of him.

Dro
11-19-2014, 05:03 PM
lol exactly

The tone of arrogance + entitlement from Lebron is the main reason I just can't be a fan of him.
This.....

Twiens
11-19-2014, 05:10 PM
Jesus his teammates must hate him :oldlol:

Quickening
11-19-2014, 05:13 PM
LeLeader

fragokota
11-19-2014, 05:14 PM
Jesus his teammates must hate him :oldlol:

Do you know many reports about lbj being disliked from his teamates. Plz tell me you're not a kobe stan cause this post has irony written all over it....

nathanjizzle
11-19-2014, 05:16 PM
not having a sense of entitlement

:roll: this is a sole reason the cavs will be a let down this season, playing with lebron is difficult because he acts entitled as ever because he has rings and he did Cleveland a "favor" by coming home.

sportjames23
11-19-2014, 05:17 PM
Probably, but do you seriously expect him to start the big talk? He knows there's a pretty big chance he gets his a$$ kicked again this year by Pop...

And that's why he's a beta.

You think Kobe would be scared to face Pop? Hell, who the hell is scared of an opposing coach anyway? Is Pop gonna suit up? Did MJ back down from Chuck Daly and the Pistons, even after they beat the Bulls three years in a row? **** no

This generation of players are so ****ing beta-fied, it's pathetic.

sportjames23
11-19-2014, 05:19 PM
Do you know many reports about lbj being disliked from his teamates. Plz tell me you're not a kobe stan cause this post has irony written all over it....

This nigguh sounds suspiciously like dubeta.

fragokota
11-19-2014, 05:24 PM
This nigguh sounds suspiciously like dubeta.

I'm too old to be stan of some sort, except maybe the sport it's self.

G0ATbe
11-19-2014, 05:25 PM

:lolThis, well said.

Eric Cartman
11-19-2014, 06:05 PM
Life must be easy when you are so full of yourself.

Good for you LBJ.

Nash
11-19-2014, 06:21 PM
the burden of kevin love and kyrie irving

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1535/15356206/2404792-8968433545-13615.gif

..and Waiters, Thompson, Harris, Dellevedova..

oh the horror
11-19-2014, 06:22 PM

Would you like hearing that Lebron joining your team is him "taking on a burden?"

I mean think about that remark. I know he probably didn't mean it literally but still.

COnDEMnED
11-19-2014, 06:33 PM
"getting them to understand what it takes to win. And it takes more than just basketball. It's about being a professional, not having a sense of entitlement, being grateful that you're a part of this league.

understand what it takes to win

Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7..and hey, when I say that, I really believe that. I'm not just up here blowing smoke to none of these fans.

2/5

riseagainst
11-19-2014, 06:40 PM
at least he admits that it was easy winning his first championship, with a former FMVP and champion who arguably had the greatest finals performance of all time.

dreamwarrior
11-19-2014, 07:00 PM
by trading them?

tpols
11-19-2014, 07:04 PM
I love it because it makes people so mad :roll:

LeBron is MOLDING Irving into the perfect 2nd option.

damn.. is it meltdown time already?

Its gonna be funny to see you guys in a few hours after cavs get whooped on national T.V. :oldlol:

$LakerGold
11-19-2014, 07:05 PM

"getting them to understand what it takes to win." I KNOW HE DIDN'T JUST SAY THAT.

buddha
11-19-2014, 07:07 PM

Poor LeBron

T_L_P
11-19-2014, 07:09 PM

Yep. And the 03 Spurs were the least experienced title team of the past couple decades. Duncan had 19 year old Parker, rookie Manu, third year Jackson, etc.

LeBron has two superstars.

AirFederer
11-19-2014, 07:09 PM
LeJesus :bowdown:

A little bit too selfinflated. He should fire his PR guy(s)

JT123
11-19-2014, 07:17 PM
Thus far not a single person has actually made a convincing argument for why Lebron is wrong. Are the Cavs not young? Do young teams ever win Championships? Could he not have gone to several teams that are in a much better position than the Cavs? Yes Kyrie and Love are great INDIVIDUAL talents, but basketball is a team sport. Thus far Kyrie and Love have proven they don't know how to win at the highest level, and Lebron teaching them how to win is going to be a bit of a burden. :confusedshrug:

Hey Yo
11-19-2014, 07:26 PM
Kobe's definition of leading young players

"don't talk to me, carry my bags"

Mr. Jabbar
11-19-2014, 07:32 PM
Kobe's definition of leading young players

"don't talk to me, carry my bags"

alpha as phvck :bowdown: :bowdown:

kobe is alpha amongst alphas, he can submit another alpha and make him look like an epsilon

T_L_P
11-19-2014, 07:33 PM
Thus far not a single person has actually made a convincing argument for why Lebron is wrong. Are the Cavs not young? Do young teams ever win Championships? Could he not have gone to several teams that are in a much better position than the Cavs? Yes Kyrie and Love are great INDIVIDUAL talents, but basketball is a team sport. Thus far Kyrie and Love have proven they don't know how to win at the highest level, and Lebron teaching them how to win is going to be a bit of a burden. :confusedshrug:

The thing we have a problem with is LeBron's way too good to be talking like this.

He just needs to go out there and let his game talk. Don't make excuses, especially if you've already anointed yourself as top 4 all time great.

SamuraiSWISH
11-19-2014, 07:33 PM
True ...

:applause:

JT123
11-19-2014, 07:43 PM
The thing we have a problem with is LeBron's way too good to be talking like this.

He just needs to go out there and let his game talk. Don't make excuses, especially if you've already anointed yourself as top 4 all time great.
He's being asked questions though. Would you prefer he just give generic answers to everything he's asked, or would you rather he be real and tell it like it is? :confusedshrug:
When he says the Heat are going to win 8 Championships he's called an arrogant ass. When he says that the Cavs winning 1 Championship is going to be a process then he's accused of shying away from competition. Lebron's gonna be ripped apart no matter what he says, so may as well just be real and honest.

Take Your Lumps
11-19-2014, 07:46 PM
Lebron has mastered the art of humble bragging.

PsychoBe
11-19-2014, 07:49 PM
Lebron has mastered the art of humble bragging.

this. it's the type of shit my brother used to do when we played video games.

i called it "silent bragging", like if he was winning he'd say something like "oh dang the game's over?"

used to piss me off since age 5 :roll: :roll: :roll:

DMAVS41
11-19-2014, 07:55 PM
Priceless.

I love how Lebron thinks of himself as this wise leader of men now.

Guys..."if you can't get it done"..."just go join up with two star players on the most stacked team in the league in an epically poor conference for 4 years"

"you're bound to win at least a couple titles"

Who is this clown kidding? Lebron...you, yet again, have an absurdly stacked roster in a shit conference. Stop acting like you are roughing it...this current Cavs roster is a better roster than 99% of NBA players ever get to play with.

STFU.

$LakerGold
11-19-2014, 08:15 PM
this. it's the type of shit my brother used to do when we played video games.

i called it "silent bragging", like if he was winning he'd say something like "oh dang the game's over?"

used to piss me off since age 5 :roll: :roll: :roll:
LMAO

"I'll help them to know what it takes to win."

5 years later, Kyrie signs with the Knicks.

JT123
11-19-2014, 08:21 PM
Priceless.

Guys..."if you can't get it done"..."just go join up with two star players on the most stacked team in the league in an epically poor conference for 4 years"

Who is this clown kidding? Lebron...you, yet again, have an absurdly stacked roster in a shit conference. Stop acting like you are roughing it...this current Cavs roster is a better roster than 99% of NBA players ever get to play with.

STFU.
Not sure if trolling. :coleman:

dannywpt
11-19-2014, 08:27 PM
He has taken up the burden of what? Having to move all his stuff from city to city?

Playing alongside young talent and 2 other all-stars in a historically weak conference sure isn't one.

dannywpt
11-19-2014, 08:29 PM
Priceless.

STFU.

On point.

He's just as delusional as his stans on this forum

Kidbasketball20
11-19-2014, 09:59 PM
He's really done a good job tonight of lessening the burden on youngsters like Kyrie.

Blue&Orange
11-19-2014, 10:31 PM
Lebron =GRPOAT, greatest role player of all time

Mr.Kite
11-19-2014, 10:32 PM
He passed on the last shot

MastaKilla
11-19-2014, 10:37 PM
lead the ball right off his leg :roll: :roll:

AlphaWolf24
11-19-2014, 11:18 PM
Priceless.

STFU.

DMAVS....love the passion.:applause:

andremiller07
11-20-2014, 05:15 AM
Priceless.

STFU.
:applause: just end the thread already, damn that fire DMAV

2swift4u
11-20-2014, 09:49 AM
Lebron acts like he's 40 and the coach of this team. He'd better play some good ball and lead the team on the floor before his prime is over.

ImKobe
11-20-2014, 10:56 AM
from taking the burden to wanting to play less minutes :kobe:

Harison
11-20-2014, 11:12 AM
What could ease the burden of poor Lebron? Add CP3, AD and Curry, or thats not enough either? :confusedshrug:

HOoopCityJones
11-20-2014, 11:23 AM
Oh no, I have to lead two or three of the best young stars in the league. Plus a bunch of old timer vets who can hit threes.

Dragic4Life
11-20-2014, 11:36 AM
What exactly is wrong with what he said?

dannywpt
11-20-2014, 11:38 AM

English mother****er, do you read it?

Dragic4Life
11-20-2014, 11:47 AM
English mother****er, do you read it?
I can't and won't take you seriously with that avatar.

Fgt.

riseagainst
11-20-2014, 11:56 AM
meltdown^
:roll:

dunksby
11-20-2014, 12:07 PM
I don't see what's wrong with what he said, as a vet and the team's best player that's what he should do.

STATUTORY
11-20-2014, 12:10 PM
:roll: lebron abandoned his friends and jumped to ane ven more stacked and younger team

kyrie and love were all stars before he showed up, who da fuq is he trying to lead?

unless by lead he means turn them into spot up shooters and pawns in the Lebron system

his teammates must hate this fakkit

I would get my boys and run a train on him mom if he tried that shit with me

guy
11-20-2014, 01:55 PM
And people actually say this guy had no help in Miami? :oldlol: He basically just admitted he had it easier in Miami then Jordan did in Chicago.

EnoughSaid
11-20-2014, 02:01 PM
Honestly what the hell is he talking about? All this bullshit of sacrificing and going to Cleveland to build a team there is a plain smokescreen. Dude goes to play with Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving and supposedly it's a burden on him? Come on man. You have a guy that can go off for 40 on any night and a dude that can put 25/15. Please.

Hopefully maybe he understands how good he had it in South Beach. Veteran leadership all around, Don Riley and the Miami Mafia behind the team. Without some major roster changes, he's not winning in Cleveland.

Heavincent
11-20-2014, 03:11 PM
Kobe, the "asshole teammate" hasn't thrown his team under the bus once this year, despite playing with a bunch of castoffs. Meanwhile, Bran acts like his all star teammates are crap :oldlol:

DMAVS41
11-20-2014, 06:47 PM

Everything.

For starters....this roster is loaded. And Lebron acting like this wise old guru is even worse...he's not. He's a dude that went and joined up on one of the most loaded rosters in relation to conference competition in NBA history.

They won 2 titles in 4 years...including an epic choke in 2011...and Lebron's legacy being saved by Ray Allen in another.

We have to start honestly talking about how the Heat's 4 year run was just nothing special. 4 straight finals sounds crazy good until you realize the shit competition they faced. When the best team you play in the East in 4 years is a young Bulls team with Rose literally shitting himself on the court in the conference finals...you've had a cakewalk.

Lebron didn't "learn" how to win in Miami. He simply got more help and had to do a bit less than he did on the Cavs...and it was enough to yield a few titles. That is all that happened.

Lebron is one of the best ever no doubt, but that doesn't change the fact that what the Heat did with him was about expected. I can't say they underachieved, but they sure didn't beat expectations winning 2 in 4 years.

Now he's got Kyrie and Love...playing in a terrible conference...and he's bemoaning his help. Just disgusting. His effort defensively has been disgustingly bad so far this season...he literally just watches off the ball half the time.

russwest0
11-20-2014, 06:49 PM
Kobe, the "asshole teammate" hasn't thrown his team under the bus once this year, despite playing with a bunch of castoffs. Meanwhile, Bran acts like his all star teammates are crap :oldlol:

Yup. Funny how that works.

"But Kobe was rumored to want a trade a long time ago so he's just as unloyal as Bran!!!"

russwest0
11-20-2014, 06:51 PM
And people actually say this guy had no help in Miami? :oldlol: He basically just admitted he had it easier in Miami then Jordan did in Chicago.

Yup. With his FG% dropping around 10% and his team playing like sh*t defensively, he knows it. We all know it. Miami these past 4 years in the East was a cakewalk. With how easy LeBron had it he could basically stat hunt his way to 60% from the field while playing mostly lazy defense while still getting the "DPOY" hype and shit.

And if Ray Allen doesn't hit one clutch 3 pointer we're talking about a disappointing run for that team. Yet LeBron acts like he should get praised for bailing on Miami to team up with younger all stars.... it's funny as f*ck.

ImKobe
11-20-2014, 06:52 PM
Everything.

For starters....this roster is loaded. And Lebron acting like this wise old guru is even worse...he's not. He's a dude that went and joined up on one of the most loaded rosters in relation to conference competition in NBA history.

They won 2 titles in 4 years...including an epic choke in 2011...and Lebron's legacy being saved by Ray Allen in another.

We have to start honestly talking about how the Heat's 4 year run was just nothing special. 4 straight finals sounds crazy good until you realize the shit competition they faced. When the best team you play in the East in 4 years is a young Bulls team with Rose literally shitting himself on the court in the conference finals...you've had a cakewalk.

Lebron didn't "learn" how to win in Miami. He simply got more help and had to do a bit less than he did on the Cavs...and it was enough to yield a few titles. That is all that happened.

Lebron is one of the best ever no doubt, but that doesn't change the fact that what the Heat did with him was about expected. I can't say they underachieved, but they sure didn't beat expectations winning 2 in 4 years.

Now he's got Kyrie and Love...playing in a terrible conference...and he's bemoaning his help. Just disgusting. His effort defensively has been disgustingly bad so far this season...he literally just watches off the ball half the time.

You are quickly becoming one of my favorite posters on ISH. :applause:

riseagainst
11-20-2014, 06:52 PM

:lol
:oldlol:
:roll:

lebron stans are no where to be seen.

20Four
11-20-2014, 06:54 PM
Stupid ass LeBRONZE nut huggers are gone like his game.....I expected that shit

Just2McFly
11-21-2014, 12:00 AM
Everything.

Lebron did learn how to win miami...did he win anywhere else? no.... i dont know how you can deny that.

Also for all the people crying about how much help he has, name me the players that actually know how to win. Because its damn sure not kryie/love and all the young talent you guys are b*tching about.

Just2McFly
11-21-2014, 12:02 AM
I think kobe has learned from his meltdown in 07:oldlol: :oldlol:

and i think he should call them out and the front office..... thsi shit is itragic

beastee
11-21-2014, 02:18 AM
Everything.

Post of the week for sure. I agree with basically all of it. Only thing I disagree with is the East is much improved this year. Bulls are contenders, Raptors look good, hell even Miami will be a tough out if wade is healthy for the playoffs. But to have 3 top 5 players at their positions...especially since they all have been "the dude" on their respective teams, this is just a ridiculous statement.

Asukal
11-20-2016, 10:56 PM
Wow, LeBron not only developed a bunch of inexperienced pups and kids into being a solid NBA team, but also turned them into champions :applause:

HOW GREAT IS OUR GAWD :banana:

Except those kids are already established stars when he colluded with them. LePosse! :oldlol: :lol :roll: