PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: DeAndre Jordan for Al Horford & Demarre Carroll.

beastmode
11-19-2014, 06:06 PM
Would this improve the Clippers?

roffie
11-19-2014, 06:07 PM
absolutely, assuming horford stays forever healthy

andremiller07
11-19-2014, 06:08 PM
Yeah, Horford is another scorer they need and has excellent playmaking and DeMar Carroll is one of the best defenders/spot up shooters in the NBA. The Clippers barring injury would be beyond lethal.

Eric Cartman
11-19-2014, 06:11 PM
Why would the Hawks do this?

Smoke117
11-19-2014, 06:12 PM
Hell yeah it would. Small Forward is a big weakness for them right now with Matt Barnes starting. Carroll would really shore them up at that position. Horford is not even close to as good defensively as Jordan...but it's not like Deandre is lifting his team in that regard. They are ranked 22nd in the league this season. Clippers have played lazy defense in general and put a lot of pressure on Jordan. Shipping him out might make the rest (besides Paul who is always solid-great) realize they have to play defense too. I don't think Jordan does enough to out weigh the effect Horford AND Carroll can have on the Clippers team.

outbreak
11-19-2014, 06:13 PM
Is this wishlisting? If it's a rumour what's the source?
Why would the hawks do this?

Levity
11-19-2014, 06:21 PM
This really a rumor, or just some wishful thinking from some LA kid?

and how would an unskilled big like Jordan fit in budenholzer's system?

Akrazotile
11-19-2014, 06:21 PM
Why would the Hawks do this?

hawksdogsbraves
11-19-2014, 06:28 PM
Source?

Haymaker
11-19-2014, 06:28 PM
This is no rumor. Also Horford is always injured.

outbreak
11-19-2014, 06:37 PM
This really a rumor, or just some wishful thinking from some LA kid?

and how would an unskilled big like Jordan fit in budenholzer's system?

I heard a rumour they are trading blake and cp3 for sefolosha. I don't have a source of course but you can totally trust me.

Darius
11-19-2014, 06:55 PM
Source?

Interesting trade.

Deandre Jordan is a good player who is on that Lebron sh:t when it comes to injury (never injured).

Horford is always injured but - when healthy - could give the Clippers a legit "3rd" guy to push them to championship contention (provided they get their sh:t together this year).

Carroll is filler but is - sadly - better than the other SFs the Clippers have.

Big risk for the Clips but maybe worth swinging for fences.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-19-2014, 06:57 PM
No fcking way!!!!!
Clippers make out like complete bandits.

Horford and Carroll individually are better players than Deandre. Together? This would be the biggest fleece since Pau/Kwame:biggums: :biggums:

Kidbasketball20
11-19-2014, 07:09 PM
DeAndre Jordan isn't better than Al Horford at all!!

Look at the NBA2K ratings!

Just because he plays with Blake and Griffin doesn't mean he's better than Al and Demarcus Caroll.

Cone
11-19-2014, 07:11 PM
sounds like BS

Darius
11-19-2014, 07:16 PM
DeAndre Jordan isn't better than Al Horford at all!!

Look at the NBA2K ratings!

Just because he plays with Blake and Griffin doesn't mean he's better than Al and Demarcus Caroll.

Jordan isn't better than Horford but Horford has played in an average of 34 games the last 3 years...

Genaro
11-19-2014, 07:18 PM
So Clippers downgrade their already weak defense to improve their already great offense?
To the Hawks doesn't make sense either because they're giving too much for DJ.

T_L_P
11-19-2014, 07:28 PM
Horford is better than DJ, injuries aside. And for Carroll too, who I like?

Hawks would be dumb. DeAndre is a poor man's Mutombo: wouldn't succeed anywhere without 4 much better offensive options on the floor. He has to be babied through games.

SwishSquared
11-19-2014, 08:43 PM
This would be a great trade for the Clippers, assuming both guys are healthy come playoff time. Horford is on a reasonable contract, if he were healthy. He also expires the summer Durant's a FA. Carroll would be their best wing defender- he's underrated. Horford is probably a better fit next to BG than Griffin, although DJ is healthier, stronger, and younger.

PsychoBe
11-19-2014, 08:44 PM
clippers d goes down the drain :roll: :roll: :roll:

JimmyMcAdocious
11-19-2014, 08:59 PM
Can Horford guard Gasol and Howard? Because I swear he got raped by Dwight back when he was in Orlando during the playoffs. Maybe even someone like DMC if the Kings hang around that 8 spot.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-19-2014, 09:00 PM
clippers d goes down the drain :roll: :roll: :roll:
the defense would improve. Horford is at least as good as Deandre on defense and Carrol is one of the best perimeter defenders

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-19-2014, 09:01 PM
Can Horford guard Gasol and Howard? Because I swear he got raped by Dwight back when he was in Orlando during the playoffs. Maybe even someone like DMC if the Kings hang around that 8 spot.
Hes a decent man defender but those 2 will get theres. They get theres against Deandre anyway

and Horford wont be outplayed in a playoff series by Kendrick Perkins like Deandre was.

KyleKong
11-19-2014, 09:01 PM
Bullshit I call.

Hawks would never agree to this.

PsychoBe
11-19-2014, 09:10 PM
the defense would improve. Horford is at least as good as Deandre on defense and Carrol is one of the best perimeter defenders

you have to be joking. horford is a good post defender and nothing more. he doesn't possess jordan's elite length. you'd have an undersized frontcourt who would get sliced up by players like boozer and favors.

against teams with elite size/length the clippers would be just plain awful to watch on d, especially since they're struggling so hard even now.

Thorpesaurous
11-19-2014, 10:06 PM
The biggest problem with DeAndre is fit on the offensive end. He just clogs the hell out of the space Blake is best at using.

There just hasn't been enough Harford to see the last few years, but he was a really good defender. Sure he's undersized, but he was a factor at the rim, and was seemingly never out of place.

I'm fine with not doing for health concerns, but if you know Horford is healthy, this would be a no brainer.

red1
11-19-2014, 10:16 PM
more like clipper fan's wild fantasy: DeAndre Jordan for Al Horford & Demarre Carroll.

atljonesbro
11-19-2014, 10:53 PM
Not only Al Horford but Carroll too? That's definitely fake.

hawksdogsbraves
11-19-2014, 11:06 PM

Hell no he can't. Big front lines own us, (with the exception of guys who can't score like Hibbert) so they would be losing a lot in terms of rim protection in exchange for making their offense.... better? They don't really need what Horford provides. He's already basically just a poor man's Blake with a better jumper and better defense.

Qwyjibo
11-19-2014, 11:12 PM
That seems like a really shitty return for the Hawks. They should be able to get better value for Horford.

beastmode
11-20-2014, 12:37 AM
just a rumor, don't take it so personal lol like most rumors, it's probably all bullshiet. I've never heard of this site

http://hoopshabit.com/2014/11/19/nba-rumors-los-angeles-clippers-trade-al-horford/