PDA

View Full Version : Ron Artest Used To Have B*tch Day in Practice and Reggie Miller is a Jerk....

Dro
11-20-2014, 12:39 AM
From David Harrison's blog.....:lol
http://malaceinthepalace.tumblr.com/

A quick flash back My father interviewed to be on the staff if the Colts and I went with him to Indianapolis in 1998. We went to a pacer game and got a photo with Reggie Miller. I kept that photo with me through high school and college as inspiration. At that time he was my favorite non center to ever play the game. I loved his toughness and thought it could rub off on me to make me better not just as a player but as a person. I pulled the pristine photo out of my locker and walked over to “Mr. Miller” as I called him. I introduced myself and stuck out my hand. He looked up from his chair and said “Why is this fat ****ing rookie taking to me?” I tried to back out and return to my locker in shame, but his butt buddy Jeff Foster saw the photo I had behind my back. ”Look he wants your autograph” Deputy Dog aka Jeff Foster snatched my photo and pointed it out to the room that was filling up to hear Reggie dog the rookie. ”You think Im going to sign this? Maybe if you clean up your ****ing locker and loose some ****ing weight I will” He had a point about my locker I had put my entire life in that room all summer and now that the vets were back it was time for me to move it but i literally had zero dollars and was living in the embassy suits. I felt the heat of tears welling up in my eyes and knew that I had to get out of there before I hurt someone. I took a deep breath and began to clean up my locker space, thats when Ron Artest came in. ”Your that guy from the real world?” ”Yeah I guess, I was just visiting my friend” “yeah MJ” I said I was waiting for him to start to picking on me but he didn’t, he gave me a small pep talk about keeping my head up and then put on a 40 pound weight vest and began to head out to the court for training. Only meeting Reggie ended with me felling like shit, Steven Jackson, JO, James Jones, Freddie, all of them were nicer to me. By the start of Vet camp our team bonded and came together to form a very formative team form the first to last man. Practice would end in fights daily Ron was normally the center of the problems. One of my favorite was the Bitch day. Ron made the announcement that if he scores on you your a bitch. So he and Jack were going at it all day. ”Bitch” as a three fell and Jacks face was classic, he was about to loose it until JO spoke up. ”Ron, yo we are teammates you can’t go around calling people bitches” “Well if I score on you your a bitch” Ron frankly responded “He’s just hyping himself up” Jack says “He’s not talking to me I don’t have a problem with it” “Yes, I am” Ron points to Jack ” I scored on you YOUR my bitch” “Now I have a problem” Jack begin to walk towards Ron and the the yell of Rick came over the crowd “No body is a Bitch! Just run the **** sucking play” It was kind of funny when Rick spoke like that EVERYTHING was either a **** sucker or a mother ****er. ”You mother ****ers are a team so stop with all the bullshit!” By the start of preseason and after many team meetings one ending with Ron telling Anthony Johnson That he will “Piss in a Gatorade bottle and make him drink it” we were just that a mother ****ing and any other type of female ****ing team. Off the court you couldn’t get us in the same room even threatening us with fines but on it we would fight for each other tooth and nail. This brotherhood was going to be tested on that fateful night In Auburn Hills.

BigMacAttack
11-20-2014, 12:49 AM
Ron Artest hahaha cant help but like that crazy mother****er.

Dro
11-20-2014, 12:56 AM
Ron Artest hahaha cant help but like that crazy mother****er.
:lol

By the way, the entire blog is a very interested read for anybody who cares to read it all...Its long....Its not all Pacers, he name drops many people from Dwight Howard, says he hates Jay Bilas for being critical of him when the Pacers drafted him, something about him having small hands and short arms, lmfao....

hawksdogsbraves
11-20-2014, 01:31 AM
It's interesting stuff but the dude needs to get an editor or at the very least look into what 'paragraphs' are.

Reggie43
11-20-2014, 01:35 AM
Always wondered what happened to David Harrison. Thought for sure he would be a decent nba player. Hope he gets his head on straight in time.

Dro
11-20-2014, 09:43 PM
It's interesting stuff but the dude needs to get an editor or at the very least look into what 'paragraphs' are.
Definitely...:lol

Also, he doesn't seem like he's really over how things played out......

Kblaze8855
11-20-2014, 09:54 PM
Watching Reggie on shows like Open Court he seems like he would be kinda nice. Oh well.

Rake2204
11-20-2014, 09:58 PM
Definitely...:lol

Also, he doesn't seem like he's really over how things played out......Yeah, I went through and read more of his stuff today. It's tough to draw definitive conclusions from a limited amount of literature, as his mediocre writing skills might make things come off poorly, but from I read - he's still dealing with a lot of issues. There seemed to be a lot of projection of violence upon anyone who didn't feel he'd be the next greatest center in NBA history.

An excerpt on Jay Bilas, because Jay didn't love him in the draft:
Jay Bilas makes the statement “why would you draft him he has small hands and short arms?” Hearing him say those words struck a fire in me first of all I wanted to kick his ass because I truly hate it when commentators who wouldn’t even be able to hold my jock strap had the ability to say what ever they wanted. To this day, If i see Bilias on tv commenting on his “expertise” It makes me heat up a bit I can feel his throat in between my hands and I can see his eyes rolling back into his head, but what i have learned is that in this world its not what you can do it honestly how the media projects you. So f*** you Jay and now that I am broke and have nothing to loose by fulfilling my dreams of your demise I would sleep differently if I were you*.

I've been going through - he has a vendetta against just about everyone if they didn't treat him what he viewed to be extremely well. He seems to feel as though he's being singled out and victimized by virtually the entire world. Interesting to read but a little sad on the same hand. Hopefully he's alright, or can get to that point soon.

More: http://malaceinthepalace.tumblr.com/

Dro
11-20-2014, 10:07 PM
Yeah, I went through and read more of his stuff today. It's tough to draw definitive conclusions from a limited amount of literature, as his mediocre writing skills might make things come off poorly, but from I read - he's still dealing with a lot of issues. There seemed to be a lot of projection of violence upon anyone who didn't feel he'd be the next greatest center in NBA history.

An excerpt on Jay Bilas, because Jay didn't love him in the draft:

I've been going through - he has a vendetta against just about everyone if they didn't treat him what he viewed to be extremely well. He seems to feel as though he's being singled out and victimized by virtually the entire world. Interesting to read but a little sad on the same hand. Hopefully he's alright, or can get to that point soon.

More: http://malaceinthepalace.tumblr.com/
Yeah, you hit the nail on the head....

Watching Reggie on shows like Open Court he seems like he would be kinda nice. Oh well.

Everything I've heard in my entire life in this city from who's ever met him has said he's a jerk...I never knew that when I was younger though.....I've many other Pacers from those teams, Smits, Mark Jackson, Austin Croshere, Chris Mullin, etc, but I've never met or seen Reggie in person other than at a game.......

Bosnian Sajo
11-20-2014, 10:22 PM

It's well known Reggie puts on a show for the cameras, acts lie a church boy, especially back when he was playing.

Rake2204
11-20-2014, 10:26 PM
It's well known Reggie puts on a show for the cameras, acts lie a church boy, especially back when he was playing.Sometimes slipped out in the media as well - such as when he claimed he made two mistakes - deciding to pass to his teammates twice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRs-lCRhtwE

Dro
11-20-2014, 10:29 PM
Sometimes slipped out in the media as well - such as when he claimed he made two mistakes - deciding to pass to his teammates twice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRs-lCRhtwE

pauk
11-20-2014, 10:32 PM
Reggie is i think the biggest douche trashtalker ever imo, just an evil ice veins competitor, which ingame made it hilarious to watch as he was able to back it up, hits a clutch shot & then gets back to you talking bout you & your choking mama. :D He didnt care who it was, he did this to MJ, the only guy to get under MJ's skin.... But i didnt know he was like that off the court, this is infact the first time i heard someone mention him acting like a douche off court, maybe it all was just an act and i wouldnt be surprised if he was, because i couldnt believe the ridicilous difference between him on & off court, its like evil vs good, like he is bipolar or something. :P

Dro
11-20-2014, 10:35 PM
Reggie is i think the biggest douche trashtalker ever imo, which ingame made it hilarious to watch as he was able to back it up, hits a clutch shot & then gets back to you talking bout you & your choking mama. :D He didnt care who it was, he did this to MJ, the only guy to get under MJ's skin.... But i didnt know he was like that off the court, this is infact the first time i heard someone mention him acting like a douche off court, maybe it all was just an act and i wouldnt be surprised if he was, because i couldnt believe the ridicilous difference between him on & off court, its like evil vs good, like he is bipolar or something. :P
It is crazy.....I've never seen him be disrespectful on camera unless it was the opponent.......

Genaro
11-20-2014, 10:56 PM
This guy should seriously work on his writing skills.

tontoz
11-20-2014, 11:11 PM
Just looked like some rookie hazing to me.

Dro
11-20-2014, 11:19 PM
This his excerpt from the Malice in the Palace for those who care to read it and/or too lazy to click the link...Its funny, especially the parts about Ron Artest after the fight in the locker room...:lol

[QUOTE]June 28th 2004 was supposed to be the best day of my life. In that moment I was almost 22 years old and sitting in a downtown Nashville hotel room with my family waiting on David J Stern to say my name. That moment came as fast as a man with whiskey dick. I remember looking at my family and thinking how will I take care of us if I don

Dro
11-20-2014, 11:20 PM
[QUOTE]Later I would see the cause of the light/pain was a chair thrown from the upper balcony landed on my head and the friends of the now bleeding and drooling man crowed over me began to kick me, someone grabbed my by my ankles and pulled me out. I stand up to see a stick held dust pan being slammed against the wall right above the head of a security guard. Since we were blowing them out prior to the end of the game the stadium securty was called out to help with traffic. They returned to the stadium not to help us fight off the fans but began to fight us. After what felt like an eternity we were all sitting safe and sound in the locker room. Thats when comedy ensued, Ron was walking around saying

jstern
11-21-2014, 12:03 AM

To me it sounded like veterans rookie stuff, and no real big malice behind it. Kind of like Oakley slapping Pippen, and I think maybe Blake Griffin having to carry everybody else's bag. (I think that might have been somebody else though.)

Guy sounds very sensitive.

sfballa13
11-21-2014, 12:32 AM
**** Reggie Miller he is a joke

In 10 years no one will know or care about Reggie and his manfaced sister

Where is your ring Reggie? Oh that's right MJ won 6 and left you empty handed

Then the Pistons and Tayshaun packed your ass into retirement.

Darius
11-21-2014, 01:28 AM
Interesting but also some serious emo sh:t

Reggie43
11-21-2014, 02:26 AM
Everything I've heard in my entire life in this city from who's ever met him has said he's a jerk...I never knew that when I was younger though.....I've many other Pacers from those teams, Smits, Mark Jackson, Austin Croshere, Chris Mullin, etc, but I've never met or seen Reggie in person other than at a game.......

Care to elaborate with some stories? Reggie is my fave player but would love to know some info about the otherside of his supposedly "great" offcourt persona.

Mr. Jabbar
11-21-2014, 02:52 AM
when u bold 90% of the text it kinda defeats purpose

chazzy
11-21-2014, 02:58 AM
Sometimes slipped out in the media as well - such as when he claimed he made two mistakes - deciding to pass to his teammates twice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRs-lCRhtwE
Damn

dreamwarrior
11-21-2014, 03:07 AM
Lebron and Co need to learn from these guys. Friends don't win championships. Teammates that hate each other do (Shaq and Kobe, MJ and Scottie).

Reggie43
11-21-2014, 03:13 AM

Nice way to put the video out of context. He was probably implying that as the leader of the team he should have shot the ball instead of passing to kevin ollie/jermaine o'neal which both led to turnovers because they were not equipped to handle the pressure situation in the dying seconds of the game. It is the same way that Lebron gets criticized a ton for passing up gamewinners to his teammates instead of taking the shot.

kNIOKAS
11-21-2014, 04:11 AM
Lebron and Co need to learn from these guys. Friends don't win championships. Teammates that hate each other do (Shaq and Kobe, MJ and Scottie).
:rolleyes:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-21-2014, 04:22 AM
i never liked Reggie he was always a fake and twoface snake

Ron Ron doe:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

buddha
11-21-2014, 04:28 AM

I'd like to hear LeBron's take on this.

buddha
11-21-2014, 04:32 AM
i never liked Reggie he was always a fake and twoface snake

Ron Ron doe:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yeah, I'm glad Kobe beat his ass in 2002

dunksby
11-21-2014, 04:34 AM
Didn't Ron Artest realize that if him scoring on a guy meant the dude was a bitch what would that make Ron himself? Was it so shameful to have Artest score on you?

SpanishACB
11-21-2014, 07:29 AM

This is a common misconception and it's only natural.

Even serial killers can look nice on camera when they're aware they're on camera.

Reggie43
11-21-2014, 09:23 AM
Would anybody care to share anymore atrocities Miller has done off the court aside from hazing a rookie :lol

Rake2204
11-21-2014, 10:43 AM
Nice way to put the video out of context. He was probably implying that as the leader of the team he should have shot the ball instead of passing to kevin ollie/jermaine o'neal which both led to turnovers because they were not equipped to handle the pressure situation in the dying seconds of the game. It is the same way that Lebron gets criticized a ton for passing up gamewinners to his teammates instead of taking the shot.You are entitled to your opinion. His tone and the manner with which he spoke gave me a different feeling entirely, beginning with dubbing himself "the Boogeyman". I even remember the cutback to the Inside the NBA crew where they were all like, "Ohhhhkay.... yikes. Just threw his teammates under the bus like that."

However, I mean this respectfully, but I can see you are a big fan of Reggie Miller so I get that we may have different interpretations of that interview. I'm pretty neutral on Reggie, it's just that interview came out and punched me in the face with how belligerent it felt, kind of out of nowhere too.

If he meant it in the manner you suggested, I feel he did an awful job of conveying as such, because it came across as if he were handing out backhanded insults to his teammates for failing while also propping himself up with false modesty. it felt like "Yeah I dunno, people seem to think I'm the Boogeyman or something, like I'm pretty great and whatnot... It's all my fault though, because I should have known my teammates sucked."

LJJ
11-21-2014, 12:22 PM
[QUOTE]Now as I apply for jobs at fast food restaurants and get denied because they think I will be a distraction or when Edward Jones lets me go because a client didn

Reggie43
11-21-2014, 08:26 PM
You are entitled to your opinion. His tone and the manner with which he spoke gave me a different feeling entirely, beginning with dubbing himself "the Boogeyman". I even remember the cutback to the Inside the NBA crew where they were all like, "Ohhhhkay.... yikes. Just threw his teammates under the bus like that."

He was visibly frustrated but calm and "the Boogeyman" quote was about depicting himself as the villain because he was being interviewed in New Jersey. It was something that he says regularly, portraying himself as the "bad guy" so I see nothing wrong with that.

However, I mean this respectfully, but I can see you are a big fan of Reggie Miller so I get that we may have different interpretations of that interview. I'm pretty neutral on Reggie, it's just that interview came out and punched me in the face with how belligerent it felt, kind of out of nowhere too.

He was blaming himself and was being frank about the game and he did take a subtle jab at his teammates but he was coming off a loss that ended their season and was still in the heat of the moment so it was pretty much understandable for anyone watching the interview. Pretty sure every star player has had moments like these given the situation which you failed to include in your original post making it much worse than it really was.

If he meant it in the manner you suggested, I feel he did an awful job of conveying as such, because it came across as if he were handing out backhanded insults to his teammates for failing while also propping himself up with false modesty. it felt like "Yeah I dunno, people seem to think I'm the Boogeyman or something, like I'm pretty great and whatnot... It's all my fault though, because I should have known my teammates sucked."

As i have said he was being frank about the game and if you watched the interview his first "pass" was to kevin ollie in the dying seconds of the game which was an obvious mistake because he was a career 10-12th man type of player and was more of a chemistry guy or coach in training. His second pass was to a young Jermaine O'neal, someone who was never comfortable in those type of situations offensively.

He even said at the end that about "not putting them in that kind of position" which pretty much validates what I said originally.

Rake2204
11-21-2014, 08:54 PM
He was visibly frustrated but calm and "the Boogeyman" quote was about depicting himself as the villain because he was being interviewed in New Jersey. It was something that he says regularly, portraying himself as the "bad guy" so I see nothing wrong with that.

He was blaming himself and was being frank about the game and he did take a subtle jab at his teammates but he was coming off a loss that ended their season and was still in the heat of the moment so it was pretty much understandable for anyone watching the interview. Pretty sure every star player has had moments like these given the situation which you failed to include in your original post making it much worse than it really was.

As i have said he was being frank about the game and if you watched the interview his first "pass" was to kevin ollie in the dying seconds of the game which was an obvious mistake because he was a career 10-12th man type of player and was more of a chemistry guy or coach in training. His second pass was to a young Jermaine O'neal, someone who was never comfortable in those type of situations offensively.

He even said at the end that about "not putting them in that kind of position" which pretty much validates what I said originally.Again, I mean this with respect, but I think you might be taking things a little too seriously. Someone said they heard Reggie wasn't cool behind closed doors and it reminded me of an interview I heard from him many years ago that seemed really jerky, so I contributed it to the discussion.

Your line of "Pretty sure every star player has had moments like these given the situation which you failed to include in your original post making it much worse than it really was" seems to suggest that I should have listed every other player who ever said bad things once. That would be silly, as this topic was about Reggie Miller. I thought I was pretty straightforward - if that wasn't a player throwing his teammates under the bus, then I do not know what is. Maybe he's cool otherwise. Maybe not. I just posted a video.

ArbitraryWater
11-21-2014, 09:02 PM

Holy shit... :roll:

The_Yearning
11-21-2014, 09:05 PM
Lmao Ron Ron was crazy. Jax thought it was all fun and games but Ron was serious about that bitch shit.

Reggie43
11-21-2014, 09:20 PM
Again, I mean this with respect, but I think you might be taking things a little too seriously. Someone said they heard Reggie wasn't cool behind closed doors and it reminded me of an interview I heard from him many years ago that seemed really jerky, so I contributed it to the discussion.

Your line of "Pretty sure every star player has had moments like these given the situation which you failed to include in your original post making it much worse than it really was" seems to suggest that I should have listed every other player who ever said bad things once. That would be silly, as this topic was about Reggie Miller. I thought I was pretty straightforward - if that wasn't a player throwing his teammates under the bus, then I do not know what is. Maybe he's cool otherwise. Maybe not. I just posted a video.

No offense taken man just trying to explain things, I actually think your one of the better posters here but I just felt that you should have placed a little background on why he made those comment and what the situation was. If you disagree with my views I somewhat understand it.

Pointguard
11-21-2014, 09:22 PM
When he got blocked by Tayshaun he deflected it to the younger players on the team saying they were "supposed to be the best in the game."

If he sensed a player was getting mad he would just start elbowing and even sneak punching them, and follow it up with "weak bish." He was a master of knowing where the refs eyes and camera's were. I know Starks and Jordan lost it after scoring on him - I think Kobe too. He was a master at raising the boiling point. A couple of his teammates thought he was the funniest player.

ItsMillerTime
11-21-2014, 09:24 PM
Reggie! Reggie! Reggie!

He was definitely dickish at times, but was one hell of a basketball player.

Reggie43
11-21-2014, 09:28 PM
If he sensed a player was getting mad he would just start elbowing and even sneak punching them, and follow it up with "weak bish." He was a master of knowing where the refs eyes and camera's were. I know Starks and Jordan lost it after scoring on him - I think Kobe too. He was a master at raising the boiling point. A couple of his teammates thought he was the funniest player.

Very good description, and I mean that with no sarcasm whatsoever. He was one of the dirtiest players ever offensively.

Dro
11-22-2014, 01:14 AM
Lmao Ron Ron was crazy. Jax thought it was all fun and games but Ron was serious about that bitch shit.

ralph_i_el
11-22-2014, 01:24 AM
reggie a slimy little ****. That dude should he whooped his ass on the way out when he got cut. Reggie like 6'5" 180 lbs lol

Dro
03-31-2015, 10:54 PM
reggie a slimy little ****. That dude should he whooped his ass on the way out when he got cut. Reggie like 6'5" 180 lbs lol
I'm not sure, I think Reggie's bony ass would have just elbowed him, a sharp elbow:lol

BasedTom
03-31-2015, 11:07 PM
Reggie should just respond "Can I have some fries with that?"

Dro
03-31-2015, 11:09 PM
Reggie should just respond "Can I have some fries with that?"
I saw his sister in the drive thru at Burger King like 5 years ago or so...real story...If I remember, she was in some kind of SUV...