Heavincent
11-20-2014, 01:07 AM
:roll:

Smook A.
11-20-2014, 01:07 AM
Sooooo thread-worthy :applause:

SyRyanYang
11-20-2014, 01:09 AM
inb4 butthurt Rockets' fan with "but, but no Dwight".

Contender my arse:lol

Smook A.
11-20-2014, 01:11 AM
inb4 butthurt Rockets' fan with "but, but no Dwight".

Contender my arse:lol
Of course we're gonna say no Dwight. We're without Terrence Jones too.

imnew09
11-20-2014, 01:12 AM

We are out of Nash and Julius Randle

Smoke117
11-20-2014, 01:12 AM

Both those guys combined are garbage compared to Howard alone at this point. :biggums:

Smook A.
11-20-2014, 01:13 AM
Nash wouldn't have done much if he played. I don't know about Randle.

Either way, missing Howard and Jones is bad for Houston. Those two guys are on of our best players.

SyRyanYang
11-20-2014, 01:16 AM

A contender should easily beat this pathetic Lakers team without their best player.

UK2K
11-20-2014, 01:34 AM
A contender should easily beat this pathetic Lakers team without their best player.

Without Jones and Dwight playing, Houston started...

Beverley (played in St. Petersburg in 2012)
Harden
Ariza
D-Mo (played in Europe in 2012)
Black (UDFA)

And here were the other four guys who played...

Dorsey (overseas last season)
Papa (overseas last season)
Garcia (who averages 11 minutes per game, only because of injury)
Terry (37 years old)

Tonight may be the first night that, outside of Kobe and Harden, the Lakers roster was better than the opposing team's roster. I dont think its even debatable.

Smook A.
11-20-2014, 01:35 AM
Im not trying to make excuses, but look who we had ^

UK2K
11-20-2014, 01:37 AM
Jordan Hill had 16 and 10 on 7-12 shooting, and Boozer had 12 and 13.

Maybe, just maybe, they may not have put up those lines against Jones and Dwight as opposed to DMo and Black.

I like the way the team is constructed as far as our starting five goes, but man if someone goes down Houston's bench is beyond atrocious.

L.Kizzle
11-20-2014, 01:42 AM
Without Jones and Dwight playing, Houston started...

Beverley (played in St. Petersburg in 2012)
Harden
Ariza
D-Mo (played in Europe in 2012)
Black (UDFA)

And here were the other four guys who played...

Dorsey (overseas last season)
Papa (overseas last season)
Garcia (who averages 11 minutes per game, only because of injury)
Terry (37 years old)

Tonight may be the first night that, outside of Kobe and Harden, the Lakers roster was better than the opposing team's roster. I dont think its even debatable.
:biggums:

9-2 before tonight doe.

Smook A.
11-20-2014, 01:44 AM

9-2 before tonight doe.
0-2 without Dwight doe.

L.Kizzle
11-20-2014, 01:46 AM
0-2 without Dwight doe.
9-1 wit Dwight doe.

Smook A.
11-20-2014, 01:47 AM
9-1 wit Dwight doe.
That's true, yo. We need Dwight and Jones back. Morey needs to take a big dumb on Dorsey, then ship his ass out. We'll be back in biz soon... hopefully.

UK2K
11-20-2014, 01:48 AM

9-2 before tonight doe.

9-3 and Beverley has missed 7 of 12 games, Jones has missed 8 of 12, and Dwight has been absent for 2 of Houston's three losses.

Right about where I expected them to be given that they have been missing at least one starter for every game this season except opening night.

L.Kizzle
11-20-2014, 01:50 AM
That's true, yo. We need Dwight and Jones back. Morey needs to take a big dumb on Dorsey, then ship his ass out. We'll be back in biz soon... hopefully.
We had Dorsey before and he stunk up the joint, why the hell is he back. If we need any old bigs back, it's Carl Landry. Is he even alive anymore?

And, I think T. Jones has lost his starting spot.

UK2K
11-20-2014, 01:52 AM
We had Dorsey before and he stunk up the joint, why the hell is he back. If we need any old bigs back, it's Carl Landry. Is he even alive anymore?

Jones has averaged 14 and 8 in the four games he played in shooting 52% and almost 2 assists and 2 blocks. I dont think hes lost anything.

Smook A.
11-20-2014, 01:52 AM

Yeah, Landry is with the Kings, but nobody hears about him anymore. He's doing alright with them (10/4 in 21 min). What we really need right now is a serviceable backup center with good size.

L.Kizzle
11-20-2014, 01:57 AM
Jones has averaged 14 and 8 in the four games he played in shooting 52% and almost 2 assists and 2 blocks. I dont think hes lost anything.
I don't know man, Tarik Black.

Smook A.
11-20-2014, 02:01 AM
Jones is miles ahead of Black. The only thing Black can do is rebound, and he's not even that special at it. Other than that, he commits retarded fouls and misses easy layups. He also makes Dwight look like Hakeem in the post. Jones, on the other hand, can rebound and score about 15 points a night. Trust me, he'll be huge for us when he comes back. Once we get a decent backup for Howard, I think Morey should ship Tarik Black's butt to the D-League.

UK2K
11-20-2014, 02:02 AM

Haha, Kentucky has 4 centers right now I would take over him, and 4 PF's I'd take over him too.

L.Kizzle
11-20-2014, 02:03 AM
Jones is miles ahead of Black. The only thing Black can do is rebound, and he's not even that special at it. Other than that, he commits retarded fouls and misses easy layups. He also makes Dwight look like Hakeem in the post. Jones, on the other hand, can rebound and score about 15 points a night. Trust me, he'll be huge for us when he comes back.
Easy man, I was joking.

UK2K
11-20-2014, 02:07 AM
Easy man, I was joking.
Right?

Im a huge college basketball fan, and watch way more college ball than NBA, and I've never even heard of this guy.

He played for Kansas? Since when? :roll:

I get that Houston needed help down low, but there were plenty of UDFA's Id take over Black in a heartbeat. Patric Young for starters. He'd have been a perfect complimentary piece for this roster. Great defense, super aggressive on the glass. SEC defensive player of the year, 3x scholar-athlete of the year. Instead we got... some guy.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-20-2014, 02:09 AM
Its crazy...........Hardon is supposedly the best SG of the new era and a past prime, 19 year ve, achilles comeback Kobe is better than him............i guess thats the difference between an alltime great and a top 30 player

Smook A.
11-20-2014, 02:14 AM
Its crazy...........Hardon is supposedly the best SG of the new era and a past prime, 19 year ve, achilles comeback Kobe is better than him............i guess thats the difference between an alltime great and a top 30 player
What makes you think Kobe is better than Harden, right now? Kobe has the right to shoot as many shots as he wants. Outside of him and couple other guys, the team is poop. Both him and Harden may not be shooting good from the field, but aside from Kobe having the advantage in ppg, look at what Harden is topping Kobe in. Yes, Kobe is averaging 3 points less than Kobe, but look at the other stuff. Harden is putting up 3 more assists, and is grabbing almost 2 extra rebounds. His team is also doing better. These past couple games, Houston has been on a little slump and Harden too. Again, im not trying to make excuse but we didn't have Dwight, or T-Jones. You know how much those two guys mean to this team? Also, spell Harden's name right god dammit. It's not ****ing Hardon, or Haren. Its HARDEN.

UK2K
11-20-2014, 02:44 AM

Kobe is better than a lot of people this season, but Kobe's supporting cast was much better tonight than what Harden had to work with.

Since when has Boozer and Hill both had double doubles? Any time a team's starting post players arent playing apparently.

The Lakers had 14 offensive rebounds. That has nothing to do with Kobe or Harden, and everything to do with the absence of Dwight and Jones. its easy to win when you take 17 more shots than your opponents.

Jacks3
11-20-2014, 02:52 AM
Kobe isn't even remotely close to Harden at this point in his career.

stop it.

dunksby
11-20-2014, 03:27 AM
0-2 without Dwight doe.
I think it's exactly OP's point and you just lost to the 2015 Lakers which is not good.

JM720
11-20-2014, 04:54 AM
I dont know how anyone can enjoy watching Harden play, he's not out there playing basketball first, he's playing some kind of tactical bullshit where he looks for a foul first at all cost (Literally throwing himself at players), than attempts to score if it does not work.