PDA

View Full Version : What are the biggest regrets of your life?

sweggeh
11-20-2014, 08:25 AM
Up to this point?

TheReal Kendall
11-20-2014, 09:05 AM
Live life with no regrets son

BigBoss
11-20-2014, 10:33 AM
Not giving serious thought about what i want to do for a career until i turned 21

And not banging a few girls when i had the chance

Why do i feel like this thread has been made 10 times though?

Le Shaqtus
11-20-2014, 10:37 AM
Not giving serious thought about what i want to do for a career until i turned 21

And not banging a few girls when i had the chance

Not spending enough time with my mom.

It's ok I finally knew what I wanted to major in at 21 :oldlol:

kurple
11-20-2014, 11:06 AM
that i wasnt born in the states. would have been in the NBA by now

BurningHammer
11-20-2014, 01:43 PM
Too many to be listed.

Styles p
11-20-2014, 02:07 PM
def not banging a few girls that wanted the D because they were friends ex's or friends family members.

MavsSuperFan
11-20-2014, 03:47 PM
So many things.

number 1 though is not taking enough initiative in my career. Should have focused more earlier.
number 2 is not buy property at the lows right after the crash

To me people that have no regrets are either perfect or not self reflective enough

Akrazotile
11-20-2014, 03:49 PM
Opening this thread

oarabbus
11-20-2014, 04:08 PM
Smoking weed, drinking all the time, and not going to a very large number of my undergraduate classes. Thinking it was "cool" to be that guy who procrastinated and barely put in time to scrape by a class. "Look how little time I'm putting in and not failing this class" instead of being one of those people who studied hard and got >3.5 :facepalm

Timmy D for MVP
11-20-2014, 04:13 PM
I regret that I didn't dedicate myself to marching music more when I was in high school. I had the talent to march Div. 1 DCI but it was always a fun hobby that I was really into, but always ignored my friends and never took it completely seriously.

KyleKong
11-20-2014, 04:19 PM
Not ****ing Pamela Anderson when I had the chance

Shade8780
11-20-2014, 04:22 PM
Not giving Samuel L. Jackson a pen while getting an autograph after he somehow grabbed my sheet out of all the sheets in the crowd and then proceeded to shout 'gimme a damn pen!', and handed it back :( Everyone laughed :(

ace23
11-20-2014, 04:26 PM
Smoking weed, drinking all the time, and not going to a very large number of my undergraduate classes. Thinking it was "cool" to be that guy who procrastinated and barely put in time to scrape by a class. "Look how little time I'm putting in and not failing this class" instead of being one of those people who studied hard and got >3.5 :facepalm
This is your biggest regret? Least you had fun and had good enough grades to get into grad school. Sounds like a pretty good deal.

step_back
11-20-2014, 04:28 PM
that i wasnt born in the states. would have been in the NBA by now

If you're that good of a player you'll get noticed. I'm from the U.K and the basketball scene is literally 10's of thousands here and kids still go over to the U.S each year and play high school and college ball.

It's also not a regret it's a circumstance.

My regrets, honestly just not hooking up with some girls that I could of. There's plenty of time to change/ start a career etc.

ItsMillerTime
11-20-2014, 04:39 PM
Biggest regret for me is enrolling in college. Student loans are such a bitch. Of my $32,000 loan, I've easily paid $25,000+. I still owe $19,000.

Shade8780
11-20-2014, 04:42 PM
Biggest regret for me is enrolling in college. Student loans are such a bitch. Of my $32,000 loan, I've easily paid $25,000+. I still owe $19,000.
lol we get student grants over here.

ItsMillerTime
11-20-2014, 04:45 PM

Yep.

Our education system is fvcked, our health care system is fvcked, etc and so on.

ace23
11-20-2014, 04:52 PM
We do, too.

What was your major?

hihellohi765
11-20-2014, 05:13 PM
I regret that I didn't dedicate myself to marching music more when I was in high school. I had the talent to march Div. 1 DCI but it was always a fun hobby that I was really into, but always ignored my friends and never took it completely seriously.
What state did you go to school in? I thought about joining the Cavaliers but it took a lot of dedication.

MP.Trey
11-20-2014, 05:26 PM
Not giving Samuel L. Jackson a pen while getting an autograph after he somehow grabbed my sheet out of all the sheets in the crowd and then proceeded to shout 'gimme a damn pen!', and handed it back :( Everyone laughed :(
:roll:

For me, it would be how I treated High School as a joke. I only cared to pass enough classes to keep me playing ball and my subpar averages ****ed any opportunity at a decent college/university.

wakencdukest
11-20-2014, 07:48 PM
Becoming a criminal at a young age and wasting ten years of my life instead of finishing high school and going on to college.

chips93
11-20-2014, 07:51 PM
We do, too.

every student in our entire country gets most of their fees subsidized.

nobody pays more than 3,000 a semester

Draz
11-20-2014, 08:12 PM
Letting my ex girlfriend go. I cheated and got with the girl I'm with now. She even gave me a chance to get back with her and leave this girl when she first found out. That girl loved me more than anyone or anything in and out of this world. Did crazy shit for me. God. I ****ed up so bad.

Smoke117
11-20-2014, 08:15 PM
Too many to be listed.

cosign

IamRAMBO24
11-20-2014, 09:42 PM
To me people that have no regrets are either perfect or not self reflective enough

Weak.

Regrets are for the weak minded. It has nothing to do with being "self reflective." If you are constantly thinking about the past and wishing you did things differently, then you are weak. Period.

Real men can give two sh*ts about the past. They live and learn. They know the past cannot be changed. They live in the moment to prepare for the future. Those who live in the past are generally insecure and emotionally repressive. They're a bunch of cry babies living off of "what ifs" without ever evolving into a better human being.

masonanddixon
11-20-2014, 11:07 PM
This really hot petite model I could have creampied but I didn't for some reason.

Thats about it.

stalkerforlife
11-21-2014, 12:52 AM
Mast urbating too frequently as a teenager, which led to my package never growing and horrendous acne.

Timmy D for MVP
11-21-2014, 02:31 AM
What state did you go to school in? I thought about joining the Cavaliers but it took a lot of dedication.

CA. I had a tech that I ran into recently that told me I always pissed him and our other low brass tech off because he thought I should have been marching BD A Corps next to him. I actually think I would have preferred Santa Clara Vanguard if I did audition for a Div. 1 corps, although the Blue Devils were nigh untouchable when I was marching.

oarabbus
11-21-2014, 03:17 AM
This is your biggest regret? Least you had fun and had good enough grades to get into grad school. Sounds like a pretty good deal.

When you put it that way I realize it definitely doesn't sound bad at all haha. My grad program wasn't particularly competitive though and I think I could have made it into one, but oh well. Another one is not going to the gym during the entirety of college. I was never by any means obese but was definitely a fat **** and I'm lifting/hitting the gym now but coulda done wonders for myself if I'd started years ago. Especially with some chicks.

For real though like some other posters here my biggest regret is not ****ing some girls that I had a shot with and screwed up my chances haha which ties into the not getting in shape

NZStreetBaller
11-21-2014, 03:33 AM
I read something somewhere about an article to do with regrets interviewing about 500 people and get this. 90% of the regrets involved thing people DIDNT do?? Isnt that amazing the amount of dumb crap u do in ur life ur more regretful about what u shudve done.... I see a similar pattern in this thread

GimmeThat
11-21-2014, 02:26 PM
my budget control

which is often troubled by my lack of mechanical/technical skills as well as what is perceived as high maintenance