PDA

View Full Version : Prime Sprewell or Prime Kemp?

Knicksfever2010
11-20-2014, 11:57 AM
Spree had a much better shooting game and almost the equal to Kemps dunking shenanigans. Thoughts?

chocolatethunder
11-20-2014, 12:05 PM
Spree had a much better shooting game and almost the equal to Kemps dunking shenanigans. Thoughts?
Yeah, my thoughts are that you probably disn't see either of them play and if you did you must have only seen Spree. Spree was one of the worst dribblers ever, had a very erratic shot and was an excellent defender. He was awesome in the open court because he was athletic but he wasn't great in the half court. He was much better in GS system. For Kemps 2-3 year prime he could take over games and he was a good shooter far from just a dunker. In the WCF the year they went to the finals, Kemp was busting 20 foot jumpers left and right in Malones grill. Kemp was way more of a game changer than Spree was and its not even close.

Xiao Yao You
11-20-2014, 12:26 PM
Kemp easily.

CAstill
11-20-2014, 01:13 PM
Yeah, my thoughts are that you probably disn't see either of them play and if you did you must have only seen Spree. Spree was one of the worst dribblers ever, had a very erratic shot and was an excellent defender. He was awesome in the open court because he was athletic but he wasn't great in the half court. He was much better in GS system. For Kemps 2-3 year prime he could take over games and he was a good shooter far from just a dunker. In the WCF the year they went to the finals, Kemp was busting 20 foot jumpers left and right in Malones grill. Kemp was way more of a game changer than Spree was and its not even close.
:applause:

I was going to go hard but then I saw this. The correct answer.

IMObjective
11-20-2014, 01:18 PM
Oh man, bringing back memories, was a big fan of both back then, i would take kemp too.

Thorpesaurous
11-20-2014, 01:21 PM
They're such different players it almost doesn't make sense to consider. But even then Kemp at his peak was just in another class.

Sprewell would be an interesting case in the current league with the lack of handchecking, because he was so agressive attacking the rim, but prime Kemp the era wouldn't really matter. He'd be a huge asset now even with the value of offensive bigs dropping because he could space the floor some, he's among the best end changing forwards ever, and he's a pick and roll monster. All things that would give him huge value as a big in the league today. Plus he was a better defender than people gave him credit for, and he was a good passer.

He'd basically be Blake Griffin with more of an edge. Sprewell would be ... I don't know ... maybe like the high points of Lance Stephensen?

AirFederer
11-20-2014, 01:24 PM
Kemp.

Bless Mathews
11-20-2014, 02:09 PM
different positions.

Boaf players in my top 10 favorites doe.

beastee
11-20-2014, 02:10 PM
Kemp spread that seed everywhere...and he was also the better talent.

L.Kizzle
11-20-2014, 02:12 PM
They're such different players it almost doesn't make sense to consider. But even then Kemp at his peak was just in another class.

Sprewell would be an interesting case in the current league with the lack of handchecking, because he was so agressive attacking the rim, but prime Kemp the era wouldn't really matter. He'd be a huge asset now even with the value of offensive bigs dropping because he could space the floor some, he's among the best end changing forwards ever, and he's a pick and roll monster. All things that would give him huge value as a big in the league today. Plus he was a better defender than people gave him credit for, and he was a good passer.

He'd basically be Blake Griffin with more of an edge. Sprewell would be ... I don't know ... maybe like the high points of Lance Stephensen?
Sprewell is Paul George in this era.

Thorpesaurous
11-20-2014, 02:16 PM

You think so? I don't think Sprewell ever had that level of shooting range. I was going to say something like what everyone in Orlando hopes Victor Oladipo becomes.

IMObjective
11-20-2014, 02:25 PM
You think so? I don't think Sprewell ever had that level of shooting range. I was going to say something like what everyone in Orlando hopes Victor Oladipo becomes.
I thought paul george too, though i was actually thinking sprewell's defense might not be up to par, as for range i just remember 'spree for three' so i'm assuming he could shoot the three.

Thorpesaurous
11-20-2014, 02:44 PM
I thought paul george too, though i was actually thinking sprewell's defense might not be up to par, as for range i just remember 'spree for three' so i'm assuming he could shoot the three.

I just looked them up and Spree was career about 33%, and George was career 36%.

Probably not a huge difference, although George theoritically has time to get better.

But George's game feels more under control, and his passing feels more sound, and not as gambl-y, as I remember Sprewell.

Sprewell's sort of reckless attacking, and inclination to always be moving forward, and his fondness for the home run pass remind me more of Stephensen. Albeit the Stephensen that's running well.

Bless Mathews
11-20-2014, 03:49 PM

Hellllll naw!!!

Spree was WAYYYYYYY more fonkier than George.

Slasher / faster fast break and YOKE.

Sprees d was nasty too.

chocolatethunder
11-20-2014, 06:57 PM
Hellllll naw!!!

Spree was WAYYYYYYY more fonkier than George.

Slasher / faster fast break and YOKE.

Sprees d was nasty too.

he was def one of the best open court/fast break players of his era. He was also one of the worst dribblers and really awkward in the half court. I mean that dude was brutal.