PDA

View Full Version : Cavs possibly trading Lebron if things implode? " No one is untouchable"

AlphaWolf24
11-20-2014, 05:17 PM
Cavs GM David Griffin http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/19/cavaliers-gm-says-no-one-is-untouchable-as-he-looks-at-ways-to-improve-roster/

Cavaliers general manager David Griffin is as aggressive as they come. It would be easy for him to sit back and wait for this LeBron James-led team to figure things out. He’ll remain patient through this process, but says he’s constantly strategizing ways to advance the team’s acceleration.

And in doing so, Griffin will spare no effort even if it means including a player in a deal no one even suspected was available.

“No one is untouchable, and you’re never done building a team, so we’re always paying attention to what opportunities are out there,” Griffin told Northeast Ohio Media Group. “My tendency is always trying to do what we can do to improve the roster. But I’m not looking to create one so much as paying attention to what I’m hearing.”

RedBlackAttack
11-20-2014, 05:23 PM
Pointless article.

buddha
11-20-2014, 05:25 PM
how awesome would it be if the Cavs traded LeBron to Philly to get revenge. that would be the greatest thing that ever happened in professional sports.

it would be hilarious to watch that stat whore sit out half a season.

lilteapot
11-20-2014, 05:26 PM
Pointless article.
Pointless thread.

STATUTORY
11-20-2014, 05:26 PM
that would be poetic justice. KARMIC

they should announce the trade in an one hour tv special too. Cleveland would automatically go from a no self respect beta city to a relevant global one

AlphaWolf24
11-20-2014, 05:27 PM
Pointless article.

Not really...GM is laying the foundation....If LBJ acts up again and the team is underperforming.....you never know.:confusedshrug:

could " ship his azz out"

Burn me once Shame on you.....Burn me twice then GTFO!

I doubt Cleveland lets LBJ do em with no vaseline again...David seems OG to me.

DukeDelonte13
11-20-2014, 05:30 PM
i got a feeling Dion is on the block.

stalkerforlife
11-20-2014, 05:32 PM
Cavs don't have the balls to trade Lebron.

Look how they bent over and welcomed him back.

It'd be EPIC, though.

Andrew Wiggins
11-20-2014, 05:33 PM
yea, teams are going to gut their roster to get a guy for a half season who'll make it clear that he won't re-sign with them

seems legit

ImKobe
11-20-2014, 05:33 PM
trade Love to LA for Nash's expiring + Hill and the Rockets pick.

Kblaze8855
11-20-2014, 05:37 PM

If they could get Roy hibbert for him and tell Roy to go all out on the boards and defending the lane for 22 minutes a night they would probably win the title.

But its the kind of thing a lot of fans wont get behind due to emotion and Waiters being more exciting and in your face with his value.

Undisputed
11-20-2014, 05:44 PM
They would never trade LeBron. I am sure "No one is untouchable" is directed towards Kevin Love and Kyrie. They have been very underwhelming, Love more so than Kyrie, but still...bold statement by Mr. Griffin.

outbreak
11-20-2014, 05:46 PM
Eh, in this league I don't think many GMs would openly say only x and x are available. Every GM worth his salt should be hearing offers for any of their players. It's a business and unless you have a young kid who you think is going to be the next all time great you listen to offers on everyone. Doesn't mean you have to take them but every one has a price. Anyone taking this as them saying they want to trade lebron is looking too deep and being a troll though.

Kidbasketball20
11-20-2014, 05:47 PM
I hope they trade Kyrie
Love leaves in FA

and LeBron leaves the next year

And they just lost Wiggins and Kyrie just to see LeBitch bolt.

Hey Yo
11-20-2014, 05:48 PM
Who's David Griffin and why are they paying him to have the title of GM?? I was told that LeBron was calling all the shots in Cleveland and Gilbert will obey at all times?!?

RedBlackAttack
11-20-2014, 05:49 PM
They would never trade LeBron. I am sure "No one is untouchable" is directed towards Kevin Love and Kyrie. They have been very underwhelming, Love more so than Kyrie, but still...bold statement by Mr. Griffin.
Did you read the article? I didn't think there was anything bold about it. All he said was that they'd explore every possible avenue to improve the team and that team building is never "complete."

There is no story here.

outbreak
11-20-2014, 05:56 PM
Did you read the article? I didn't think there was anything bold about it. All he said was that they'd explore every possible avenue to improve the team and that team building is never "complete."

There is no story here.

Yulp he basically said what any good GM should be saying.

IncarceratedBob
11-20-2014, 06:00 PM
Dion waiters has no trade value

sick_brah07
11-20-2014, 06:01 PM
If cleveland traded lebron i would instantly gain so much respect for the cavs and i would probably be a fan for life it would totally give dan gilbert and the cavs the ultimate last laugh

Hey Yo
11-20-2014, 06:08 PM
If cleveland traded lebron i would instantly gain so much respect for the cavs and i would probably be a fan for life it would totally give dan gilbert and the cavs the ultimate last laugh
Then that team would have to bring up 10 D- leaguer's to fill their roster out and the Cavs GM David Griffin would be wondering what to do with 9 extra players.

Meanwhile, NBA fans are wondering why LeBron traded himself to play with Boogie Cousins.

dannywpt
11-20-2014, 07:55 PM
Maybe he could go take on the burden of leading the young guys on the Warriors or the Clippers

sick_brah07
11-20-2014, 09:03 PM
Then that team would have to bring up 10 D- leaguer's to fill their roster out and the Cavs GM David Griffin would be wondering what to do with 9 extra players.

Meanwhile, NBA fans are wondering why LeBron traded himself to play with Boogie Cousins.

i dont get what you mean bro ?

the cavs could trade him for 2 or 3 players and picks to a shit young team like philly or milwaukee (sorry milbuck i no they not to bad)

it would be the biggest slap in the face in the history of sport

-lebron has run back like a cat with its tail between its legs to the franchise he basically shit on, and the cavs didn't exactly gain respect by taking him. If the cavs dont pan out by Feb and they trade him it would be a massive win for the cavs fans and a big *** YOU to lebron. It would also be a massive power shift back to the owners, players would second guess jumping ship in hope for something better and be grateful with the team that gave them a chance to prove there worth.

ILLsmak
11-20-2014, 09:12 PM
Cavs don't have the balls to trade Lebron.

Look how they bent over and welcomed him back.

It'd be EPIC, though.

only cuz of how his contract is. It would be better if they did it once he reupped.

I think that's some "Scorned, Love Kills" type shit tho. It could happen.

-Smak

n00bie
11-20-2014, 09:39 PM
how awesome would it be if the Cavs traded LeBron to Philly to get revenge. that would be the greatest thing that ever happened in professional sports.

:rockon:

retaxis
11-20-2014, 09:44 PM
Goal is to get an atheletic wing defender or rim protector who focuses on defence and slashing offence. Thats the goal.

jzek
11-20-2014, 09:49 PM
The day the Cavs trade LeBron willingly is the day I get a BJ from a supermodel while on my way to collect the Mega Million jackpot.

tomtucker
11-21-2014, 06:19 AM
Not really...GM is laying the foundation....If LBJ acts up again and the team is underperforming.....you never know.:confusedshrug:

could " ship his azz out"

Burn me once Shame on you.....Burn me twice then GTFO!

I doubt Cleveland lets LBJ do em with no vaseline again...David seems OG to me.
:oldlol: :D

Ass Dan
11-21-2014, 07:29 AM
If they could get Roy hibbert for him and tell Roy to go all out on the boards and defending the lane for 22 minutes a night they would probably win the title.

But its the kind of thing a lot of fans wont get behind due to emotion and Waiters being more exciting and in your face with his value.

What kind of retarded f*cking fan wouldn't get behind that trade?

Real Men Wear Green
11-21-2014, 07:36 AM
No team is packaging the massive assets it would require to get James without assurance from James that he'll stay with them beyond this season. James has all the power like he always does so you can forget about him going anywhere unless he makes "the Decision" himself.

Nash
11-21-2014, 09:36 AM
waiters for hibbert

indy wants a sg to replace lance, cavs want rim protection

r15mohd
11-21-2014, 09:36 AM

awesome for Philly...they become instant playoff contenders and the Cavs go back to missing the playoff's :rolleyes:

pegasus
11-21-2014, 11:00 AM
awesome for Philly...they become instant playoff contenders and the Cavs go back to missing the playoff's :rolleyes:
And I guess before all that, you went back to missing your meds.

kurple
11-21-2014, 11:02 AM
Foye or Nate (you can pick) and Mozgov -4- Dion?

Blatt wants Mozgov, and Mozgov wants Blatt. Make it happen!

r15mohd
11-21-2014, 12:31 PM
And I guess before all that, you went back to missing your meds.

lol...so mad bruh :rolleyes:

Demitri98
11-21-2014, 01:18 PM
Foye or Nate (you can pick) and Mozgov -4- Dion?

Blatt wants Mozgov, and Mozgov wants Blatt. Make it happen!
Afflalo and Mozgov for Dion and a 1st

Kyrie
Afflalo
LeBron
Love
Mozgov/Varejao

Lawson
Waiters
Gallo? Gee?
Faried
McGee

HOoopCityJones
11-21-2014, 01:19 PM
Posting in a dumb thread.

Pointguard
11-21-2014, 01:27 PM
OP is right in a way, untouchable is meant for the guys you might think are. The owner is probably still irked @ Lebron dictating only two years (is there a one year opt out?). I wrote somewhere there was going to be a response as D. Gilbert wasn't going to let that sly. Player/Owner tensions are never good but it doesn't have to forecast problems.

russwest0
11-21-2014, 01:32 PM
They need to trade him before he opts out.

Get whatever they can.

r15mohd
11-21-2014, 01:43 PM
isn't the TV deal supposed to be in effect right when Lebron's 2yr deal is up? logic would say the 2yr agreement was to allow Lebron to sign another max deal worth heavy $$$ when he's a FA once again. :confusedshrug: