PDA

View Full Version : Now, this is beautiful (VC cheered at the ACC)

sipitri
11-20-2014, 05:42 PM
Finally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEiMfVQ3y94

FKAri
11-20-2014, 07:18 PM
Redemption.

kennethgriffin
11-20-2014, 07:24 PM
time heals everything

even the hatred for a man that quit on his franchise, held them hostage, gave away their offensive plays to other teams during games, refused to dunk out of spite for the city in his last season, lowered his trade value by tanking the season with like 15ppg, then forced a trade for peanuts to the nets and suddenly climbed back up to 25ppg like it was nothing

vince was the biggest cry baby quitter of the 2000's decade. lebron could only dream of having that bad of an exit from a franchise/city

nobody comes close... and all it took was 15 years for the people of toronto to forgive and forget

and it only has to due with the sudden rise of the franchises status/rankings

if they were still sh*t and last place like he left them. they wouldnt be so kind

Fire Colangelo
11-20-2014, 08:21 PM
time heals everything

even the hatred for a man that quit on his franchise, held them hostage, gave away their offensive plays to other teams during games, refused to dunk out of spite for the city in his last season, lowered his trade value by tanking the season with like 15ppg, then forced a trade for peanuts to the nets and suddenly climbed back up to 25ppg like it was nothing

vince was the biggest cry baby quitter of the 2000's decade. lebron could only dream of having that bad of an exit from a franchise/city

nobody comes close... and all it took was 15 years for the people of toronto to forgive and forget

and it only has to due with the sudden rise of the franchises status/rankings

if they were still sh*t and last place like he left them. they wouldnt be so kind

I actually agree with this.

I myself forgave Carter a long time ago, since he's the one that got in into basketball in the first place. But I still have a lot of friends who would boo the guy every time they saw him.

The only reason we're doing this #forgivecarter thing is because we're actually winning now. It's kind of like how you wanna be "friends" with your ex, only after you're in another relationship with a hotter girl after she dumped you. If we were 2-9 instead of the other way around, nobody's forgiving him.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-20-2014, 08:24 PM
I will never understand why people make all these weird relationship analogies when it comes to basketball. It's a ****ing game. He did more positive for this franchise than negative and is quite clearly the best player in Raptor's history.

FKAri
11-20-2014, 10:20 PM
I will never understand why people make all these weird relationship analogies when it comes to basketball. It's a ****ing game. He did more positive for this franchise than negative and is quite clearly the best player in Raptor's history.

You humans take sports way too fcking seriously.

Rake2204
11-20-2014, 11:02 PM
gave away their offensive plays to other teams during gamesAlways wondered about that one. Nitpicking because I'm a Carter fan, but he was accused of calling out a flare one time, with some saying it happened, and others not. The Raptors scored on the play. The nitpick being 1) that it was disputed and 2) alleged one time, not plural http://www.cbc.ca/sports/basketball/did-carter-tip-off-sonics-on-play-selection-1.506817

Hard to know, and I wish it wasn't so, but it sounds like he may have said it. It wouldn't make much sense for it to be randomly brought up.

refused to dunk out of spite for the city in his last seasonThat one's absolutely false. I remember that line. It wasn't a serious comment and he never stopped dunking, before or after the comment, unless we're talking about the breakaway layup he had against the Grizzlies once years earlier, where he didn't dunk just for the thrill of it.

lowered his trade value by tanking the season with like 15ppgI bet he wishes he could have that back. From looking deeply into things, it went far beyond a basic premise of tanking. Sam Mitchell was sitting Carter in 4th quarters early in the season as the means of proving a point. If I had to guess, combined with every other issue within that organization at the time (including a supposed VC bodyslam of Mitchell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qur_eh_xm8s), everything eventually came to a head and Carter withdrew, perhaps as he was only able to handle so many Rafer Alston 6-year contract signings and Rafael Araujo draftings.

It was wrong, but I never thought it had to do with Carter's love for the city. He seems to have come across very regretful for his mistakes in that regard and I think that may have come forth and been apparent with fans.

Because I am a fan of Carter's, it's a lot easier for me to be on the side of recognizing his sincerity, acknowledging his mistakes, and realizing that it's possible to move on under the correct circumstances.

In Carter's case, he had a new GM who stated his goal was to "establish our philosophy." Continuing, "We are not really worried about how many wins we get right away, or whether we make the playoffs within the first year or two." Then came Araujo and Alston.

Those are the breaks of NBA basketball and a player is expected to roll with that bad news. Carter didn't. It wasn't right. He was then moved. He hasn't stood by his actions, and sometimes forgiveness is good for all.

Pushxx
11-21-2014, 01:20 AM
Carter made a lot of big mistakes. I don't think I would forgive him as a Toronto fan, but I'm not a Toronto fan so I can't say for sure.

I guess it's good that everyone has moved on.