PDA

View Full Version : Does LeBron's attention whoring give you a greater respect for Duncan and Dirk?

russwest0
11-20-2014, 07:09 PM
This is coming from LeBron's comments of taking on the "burden" of playing with Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving.

As good of a basketball player as LeBron is, it's no secret. He loves the attention. And throughout his career we've seen so many comments like the aforementioned one that just make you cringe a bit with how big of an ego the guy has and at times how he basically expects his teams to win the game for him. And don't get me started on him begging for the DPOY after games where he at least plays 2-3 minutes of good defense.

Just seeing this type of behavior makes me wonder how on earth we never hear anything similar from more accomplished guys like Dirk and Duncan?

Hell with Duncan you have someone who EASILY has the case for being a top 5 player of all time. You're talking about a 5 time champion, dominant 2 way player his whole career, and dominant playoff performer... yet whenever the guy speaks you get no sense of any ego whatsoever. Nothing. Hell I've heard him talk about Boris Diaw in one postgame interview more than I've ever heard him talk about himself.

Same goes with Dirk. The guy is nothing but a class act who usually doesn't get many headlines or attention, but doesn't seem to give a sh*t.

FKAri
11-20-2014, 07:13 PM
OP is a fagkit

Smoke117
11-20-2014, 07:14 PM
OP is a fagkit

cosign

J Shuttlesworth
11-20-2014, 07:16 PM
OP you are a Thunder fan right? All your posts since the season started have been all about LeBron. You sure you're not Lebronxrings alt?

SouBeachTalents
11-21-2014, 01:04 AM
LeBron living rent free

JT123
11-21-2014, 01:32 AM
The irony of OP trying to call someone out for being an attention whore. :oldlol:

navy
11-21-2014, 01:37 AM
The irony of OP trying to call someone out for being an attention whore. :oldlol:
This

Bless Mathews
11-21-2014, 01:52 AM
Op is right.

Bron bron an attention whore simp.

Mr. Jabbar
11-21-2014, 01:58 AM
im a big lebron fan but this season i had enough, attention-whoring lebald can goto hell

LilEddyCurry
11-21-2014, 02:32 AM
im a big lebron fan but this season i had enough, attention-whoring lebald can goto hell
Oh the irony :rolleyes:

russwest0
11-21-2014, 02:44 AM
OP you are a Thunder fan right? All your posts since the season started have been all about LeBron. You sure you're not Lebronxrings alt?

I've made plenty of posts non-related to LeBron. I never see you around those ones though. Seems like the one with a LeBron interest here is you.

lilteapot
11-21-2014, 07:34 AM
He doesn't attention whore, 12 year olds who just started watching basketball like OP pay attention to his every word though, that and the fact that hes' the biggest name in basketball right now draws attention to everything he says. duncan could say the same thing and OP's limp dick ass would have no issue with it because 1. it wouldn't get publicized and 2. it isn't lebron saying it.

SpanishACB
11-21-2014, 07:38 AM
Lebron is a children. It's almost a jump in generation if you compare it to Kobe and Dirk. The difference in culture is abysmal. Specially considering the latter two know what it is to live elsewhere.

Durant would say equally dumb shit if he only had the guts to say it, or was dumb enough to think it's a good idea to say the kind of crap Lebron says. He's only now starting to have more of the star guts and recently has come up with equally dumb shit.

It's the new era of social media superstars.

edit: child

lilteapot
11-21-2014, 07:39 AM
Lebron is a children. It's almost a jump in generation if you compare it to Kobe and Dirk. The difference in culture is abysmal. Specially considering the latter two know what it is to live elsewhere.

Durant would say equally dumb shit if he only had the guts to say it, or was dumb enough to think it's a good idea to say the kind of crap Lebron says. He's only now starting to have more of the star guts and recently has come up with equally dumb shit.

Lebron is a children

SpanishACB
11-21-2014, 07:44 AM
Lebron is a children

sure acts like one.

Who makes an open letter hand picking the team mates you mention? Only someone who thinks he's living in a movie.

he's mature in a bunch of other aspects. I'm not saying it affects his game or anything. It's jus, the way he takes things, like both decisions etc, the way to handle it. It's a new era of super stars, I don't see any past great doing such shit.

SouBeachTalents
11-21-2014, 07:44 AM

LeBron is a children

DropStep
11-21-2014, 07:48 AM
Tim Duncan is a master class introvert.

lilteapot
11-21-2014, 07:56 AM
LeBron is a children
I is an adults

IMObjective
11-21-2014, 08:51 AM
I is an adults
Come on guys, he's corrected it in the original post, and I think he's kinda right. Social media is ruining the NBA, and everything else!

Nash
11-21-2014, 09:23 AM
Lebron is the children.

Prometheus
11-21-2014, 09:33 AM
Nah, Kobe came around first and his ego is worse than the children's (bran's). not to mention his career arc ran parallel to Dirk's and Duncan's... so replace the children (bran) with Kobe in the OP and I would say I agree. By the time the children (bran) came around I already expected it.

HOoopCityJones
11-21-2014, 09:47 AM
Lebron is a Children

HOoopCityJones
11-21-2014, 09:51 AM
Nah, Kobe came around first and his ego is worse than the children's (bran's). not to mention his career arc ran parallel to Dirk's and Duncan's... so replace the children (bran) with Kobe in the OP and I would say I agree. By the time the children (bran) came around I already expected it.

Only **** heads like you and the Spanish guy find some way to make this about Kobe. Newsflash, Kobe doesn't say half the dumb shit LBJ says, at least not recently, or since he won his first championship post Shaq. He's beyond that look at me stage. ***** barley made a Twitter and Instagram two years ago.

You Lebron fans just can't accept that your boy Lebron is an uneducated , fatherless, cornball. He's already settled into his future role of creepy bald black guy who wears an assortment of hats.

SugarHill
11-21-2014, 09:51 AM
LeBron is a children
:roll:

JellyBean
11-21-2014, 10:02 AM
To be honest, it does! Tim Duncan and Dirk are superstars on a high level an all of the years they have been in the league, they have managed to stay out of the media's attention. LeBron, good Lord!!

ArbitraryWater
11-21-2014, 10:18 AM
Only **** heads like you and the Spanish guy find some way to make this about Kobe. Newsflash, Kobe doesn't say half the dumb shit LBJ says, at least not recently, or since he won his first championship post Shaq. He's beyond that look at me stage. ***** barley made a Twitter and Instagram two years ago.

You Lebron fans just can't accept that your boy Lebron is an uneducated , fatherless, cornball. He's already settled into his future role of creepy bald black guy who wears an assortment of hats.

:roll:

dannywpt
11-21-2014, 10:30 AM

:yaohappy:

STATUTORY
11-21-2014, 10:36 AM

he ain't lying

Bran fans delusional thinking he will have a career as long as Kobe. in 4 years Bran gonna be sitting where shaq sits on the TNT pregame show acting a clown getting paid to shuck and jive like the cornball he is

Prometheus
11-21-2014, 11:00 AM

:facepalm

I'm not a LeBron fan... dumbass... and I brought up Kobe because it's relevant to the OP. He asked "Does LeBron's attention whoring give you a greater respect for Duncan and Dirk?" and the truth is no, I gained that appreciation years ago by comparing them to Kobe while all three players were in their prime. As I said, by the time bran came around, I was used to it.

You're right, Kobe chilled out a lot after he won his non-Shaq rings. But the way he carried himself and the way he played the game before that gave me a greater appreciation for Duncan and Dirk.

I mean... is this hard to grasp? I feel I'm being pretty clear.

StephHamann
11-21-2014, 11:54 AM
Just watch the last game of Dirk, he was injured and returned and sealed the deal with a dagger 3 with 80 seconds left.

“It’s just the first couple of minutes that hurt,” Nowitzki said of his left ankle, adding that he expects to be fine for Friday’s home game against the Lakers. “I walked it off, got it re-taped. Trainer asked me if I wanted to call it a day, but obviously a close game, so if I can walk, I want to be out there.”

meanwhile

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/6-06-2014/c87CGW.gif

Springsteen
11-21-2014, 12:24 PM

Lebron didn't snitch on his teammates or throw his owners under the bus though http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8676/iseeu.png

Nash
11-21-2014, 12:37 PM
[QUOTE=StephHamann]Just watch the last game of Dirk, he was injured and returned and sealed the deal with a dagger 3 with 80 seconds left.

russwest0
11-21-2014, 12:37 PM
I still don't understand if this cramp thing is a legit point against Lebron or not. How is getting muscular cramps something a person should play through?

I mean, pre 2010 Lebron was a bit of a douchebag, but the last few years the man has been controversial free, off on and on the court.

lol he's still said plenty of dumb ass, ego driven shit in the past few years.

the media just stopped caring because he has a ring now.

RicksPlace
11-21-2014, 12:47 PM
It's apple and oranges. It's all about culture and where they came from. Lebron has literally being treated like a king since high school. Duncan and Dirk (specially Dirk) had to work hard to get to where they are at. I concur that social media has destroyed the way we view athletes now in days. I prefer not knowing anything about an athlete off court and just focus on their accomplishments on the court.

Nash
11-21-2014, 12:49 PM
lol he's still said plenty of dumb ass, ego driven shit in the past few years.

the media just stopped caring because he has a ring now.
not really, you guys nitpick. You are not in the real world, people would laugh at you if you said half of the shit to justify your hate towards a person. A lot of the shit that is said on ish sounds like something mentally ill people say. I mean, the guy is asked about how he tries to lead the young guys and you guys have a 10 page thread talking about him being a douche.

In the NBA people to love him, he has friends everywhere, guys take pay cuts to join him, you hardly every hear about controversies off the court.. I mean, just read the nice words Pop said about him a few days ago.

HOoopCityJones
11-21-2014, 01:04 PM
Lebron didn't snitch on his teammates or throw his owners under the bus though http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8676/iseeu.png

:roll: You're right, Lebron did that twice.

Also , never absolved Kobe of anything he did pre 2008-14. Stay ass hurt pu$$y.

lilteapot
11-21-2014, 01:08 PM
It's apple and oranges. It's all about culture and where they came from. Lebron has literally being treated like a king since high school. Duncan and Dirk (specially Dirk) had to work hard to get to where they are at. I concur that social media has destroyed the way we view athletes now in days. I prefer not knowing anything about an athlete off court and just focus on their accomplishments on the court.
lol @ implyng lebron never had to work hard.

Springsteen
11-21-2014, 01:17 PM
:roll: You're right, Lebron did that twice.

Also , never absolved Kobe of anything he did pre 2008-14. Stay ass hurt pu$$y.

Why would I be asshurt? I'm not even a fan of Lebron.

It just seems to me you and the rest of the Kobe cult are obsessed with making a point to show everyone on this forum how much you hate Lebron at almost every waking moment, conveniently forgetting that Kobe has done nearly as many sh*tty things; if not more.

edit: lol am i seriously getting negged for pointing this out

RicksPlace
11-21-2014, 02:10 PM
lol @ implyng lebron never had to work hard.

He did work hard, but he obviously had more talent than Dirk when he entered into the league. Hence the reason some of his HS games where on ESPN. Although I think LBJ didn't work as hard as he should've. I think is more about his overall talent and size. That is probably the reason he still struggles during crunch time by not having a proper skill set and go to move that he can feel comfort about.

For example, just imagine LBJ with Kobe's work ethic. It will not be fair.

HOoopCityJones
11-21-2014, 02:43 PM
Why would I be asshurt? I'm not even a fan of Lebron.

It just seems to me you and the rest of the Kobe cult are obsessed with making a point to show everyone on this forum how much you hate Lebron at almost every waking moment, conveniently forgetting that Kobe has done nearly as many sh*tty things; if not more.

edit: lol am i seriously getting negged for pointing this out

I don't hate Lebron, I'm just tired of his bitching on a stacked ass roster.

Please by all means , post these numerous posts from me dissing LBJ.

I'll wait.