PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Butler - is he deserving of a max deal? Will he get a max deal?

Dr. Cheesesteak
11-20-2014, 11:13 PM
2-part question:

Do you think Jimmy Butler is deserving of a max contract?

Do you think Jimmy Butler will get a max contract?

navy
11-20-2014, 11:15 PM
Bulls cant be out here giving out max contracts like that

He will get 12ish million

Legends66NBA7
11-20-2014, 11:21 PM
For me, it's a NO to both questions.

Kblaze8855
11-20-2014, 11:34 PM
Looking at how many players get what fans call a max deal......the quality of those players...their potential...production? Hes right there.

He isnt what id call a max player. But the system doesnt work that way. You have to pay pretty much anyone who can score 19 twice a week and play good D 2-15 million a year.

The max is virtually meaningless now. It only really shows how special a player is when teams show the discipline needed to offer them to the no brainer types. Which they never have.

When random good players get near max deals...it doesnt matter anymore.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-20-2014, 11:56 PM
No and yes.

PsychoBe
11-20-2014, 11:57 PM
bulls are historically cheap :facepalm

MellowYellow
11-20-2014, 11:59 PM
yes and yes

Not from the bulls though, they are over the cap. He like kawai will have to go elsewhere to get paid.

Akrazotile
11-21-2014, 12:03 AM
I wouldnt give him a max, but I hold the position that there are less than a half dozen players who actually SHOULD get the max.

WILL he get the max? Considering the number of players that actually do get it and how he stacks up with them on average, I guess I wouldnt doubt it.

MellowYellow
11-21-2014, 12:05 AM
I wouldnt give him a max, but I hold the position that there are less than a half dozen players who actually SHOULD get the max.

WILL he get the max? Considering the number of players that actually do get it and how he stacks up with them on average, I guess I wouldnt doubt it.

Then you have a warped viewpoint of the max, especially when considering this is a rookie max. Any all-star or fringe all-star deserves the max.

Akrazotile
11-21-2014, 12:07 AM
Then you have a warped viewpoint of the max, especially when considering this is a rookie max. Any all-star or fringe all-star deserves the max.

:lol

Helllll yeah

Signed,
Joe Johnson

MellowYellow
11-21-2014, 12:12 AM
:lol

Helllll yeah

Signed,
Joe Johnson

He deserves the max too, he is the best player on the nets so why not. It should work out to where every team has 3 max players on it. I think once the new tv deal comes through it will be the standard.

navy
11-21-2014, 12:19 AM
He deserves the max too, he is the best player on the nets so why not. It should work out to where every team has 3 max players on it. I think once the new tv deal comes through it will be the standard.
What?

bagelred
11-21-2014, 12:25 AM
He's had a good 10 games or so. Clearly, he should be maxed out

MellowYellow
11-21-2014, 12:30 AM
What?
ya

okkk

CHi1PriDe
11-21-2014, 01:04 AM
No and hopefully no.

I still remember being pissed that we didn't get marshon brooks or shumpert, worked out for the better :cheers:

AKADS
11-21-2014, 01:59 AM
Next season will be the last season before the new tv deal contract kicks in so let's say the cap is around 70 million. The next season the cap will most likely be over 100 million.

I think he does get the max around 5 yrs 90 million. It will look bad for one season but when the cap goes up it will be the price for a borderline all star. The level of contracts are about to become even more over the top. Don't be surprise to end up seeing Durant making 45 million in a single season and Anthony Davis getting close to 50 million in decade from now.

I wish the owners would understand that everyone is making more and more money and yet they continue to bump up the price of tickets and concessions. There should be controls on prices that they can charge for these things. Never will this happen but it sucks for fans that we are the one paying for these guys to make more money in a year then most people make in a life time.

ballinhun8
11-21-2014, 02:04 AM
He's had a good 10 games or so. Clearly, he should be maxed out

He's player pretty well in these things called the playoffs. I know you probably don't know what that is though...... :lol

bdreason
11-21-2014, 02:04 AM
No, he's not a max player.

Yes, someone will give him the max.

AKADS
11-21-2014, 02:05 AM
After next season if the cap goes to 100 million. Which is very possible and the max stays the same Noah could ask for a 5 yr 140 million dollar deal. Might be more I am to lazy to go thru it could even be up t 5 yr 175 plus.

beastee
11-21-2014, 02:23 AM
He is not a max player, unless he keeps his average up over 20/5/5 all season and they make it to ECF minimum.

The bulls will not overpay. Unfortunately they lowballed him by 2 million a year this offseason and would have to overpay by 5-6 million a season since some middling team will offer him 15-16 million a season.

andremiller07
11-21-2014, 02:24 AM
The way he has improved is out of this world, the guy atm is a lock for the All-Star game and you could argue right now could be the best SG in the NBA based on form. Off course this can all change within days.

Im Still Ballin
11-21-2014, 02:26 AM
Is he still playing that lockdown defense like he used to? We might be looking at the new Paul George

Clocian-IGN
11-21-2014, 02:29 AM
Bulls will math any offer

BIZARRO
11-21-2014, 02:37 AM
Absolutely deserves max, and hope they give it to him. Guy is awesome on both ends.

dreamwarrior
11-21-2014, 03:15 AM
I think he deserves it

KOBEtherealKing
11-21-2014, 03:28 AM
09 Ariza only had a little over 3 million. He should get 4-6 mill a year. But hell get overpaid just like every player.

All Net
11-21-2014, 05:29 AM
He will get one no doubt.

Angel Face
11-21-2014, 05:42 AM
Jimmy Butler is currently the best player on this Bulls team.

iamgine
11-21-2014, 06:05 AM
2-part question:

Do you think Jimmy Butler is deserving of a max contract?

Do you think Jimmy Butler will get a max contract?
This depends on whether he can maintain his stellar production with the potential of even more. If he can, then why not.

kenny817
11-21-2014, 08:26 AM
yes and yes

Not from the bulls though, they are over the cap. He like kawai will have to go elsewhere to get paid.

Lmao worst post ever

pastis
11-21-2014, 09:07 AM
sad that in the nba now everyone who plays on a high level for 1 or 2 seasons is immediatly getting a max contract, or nearly a max.

while in germany people thinking that 5 mio a year is too much for a professional athlet, the nba will give these players more and more millions in their deep throat.
i mean you just have to play good for 1 or 2 years in college and being under the top 15 of the draft. guarnteed 2 years money of mre than a million.

senelcoolidge
11-21-2014, 09:15 AM
He's not a franchise player. He's a very good role player. So heck no he shouldn't get a max contract. But nowadays they hand out max contracts to nearly anybody it seems.

pegasus
11-21-2014, 10:54 AM
Yes, if he keeps it up. He's got a great work ethic and attitude, so I would expect him to keep improving even after he gets his money. I think he is the SG we have been desperately in need of for years.

hawksdreamfan44
11-21-2014, 10:58 AM
No to the first question and I doubt it to the second question. Although I do have to say that max deals are being thrown out way too generously these days.

kurple
11-21-2014, 11:00 AM
No and hopefully no.

I still remember being pissed that we didn't get marshon brooks or shumpert, worked out for the better :cheers:
Butler is getting the max. question is if its from the bulls or not

guy
11-21-2014, 11:07 AM
Sounds like a ridiculous question if you asked this in the beginning of the year, but he's quietly been one of the best players in the league so far. Its early, but 12 games is still a lot and he's putting up 22/6/4 on 52% with great defense. If he keeps it up, he definitely deserves the max given how the max is thrown around. Its a big IF though. What I am confident about is whatever Jimmy was asking for this past offseason probably would've been a steal for Chicago so they will probably regret not giving it to him.

I must say what really sucks is he's not really getting much recognition it seems. The Derrick Rose drama is pretty much overshadowing this guy having an amazing year. He's basically been the best player on possibly the best team in the East and/or league. He's probably a shoe-in for the all-star game and as of right now, we'll probably have at least 3 all-stars in Butler, Gasol, and Noah and possibly another one in Rose.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-21-2014, 02:22 PM
Sounds like a ridiculous question if you asked this in the beginning of the year, but he's quietly been one of the best players in the league so far. Its early, but 12 games is still a lot and he's putting up 22/6/4 on 52% with great defense. If he keeps it up, he definitely deserves the max given how the max is thrown around. Its a big IF though. What I am confident about is whatever Jimmy was asking for this past offseason probably would've been a steal for Chicago so they will probably regret not giving it to him.

I must say what really sucks is he's not really getting much recognition it seems. The Derrick Rose drama is pretty much overshadowing this guy having an amazing year. He's basically been the best player on possibly the best team in the East and/or league. He's probably a shoe-in for the all-star game and as of right now, we'll probably have at least 3 all-stars in Butler, Gasol, and Noah and possibly another one in Rose.

I will give him max...give him to us

Demitri98
11-21-2014, 03:00 PM
Does he deserve one? No.

Will he get one? Yes.

Will it be from the Bulls? No.

Say goodbye to Chicago, Jimmy.

Levity
11-21-2014, 03:03 PM
i pray the Lakers get in on this. Maybe not the max, but enough to make CHI bow out.

BIG FURB
11-21-2014, 04:04 PM
He's not a franchise player. He's a very good role player. So heck no he shouldn't get a max contract. But nowadays they hand out max contracts to nearly anybody it seems.

22/6/4 on 52% shooting with great D is more than just a role player (unless your "role" is to be your teams allstar). Not saying he's a franchise player, but neither is Klay Thompson and he got a max :confusedshrug: