PDA

View Full Version : How mad is Adam Silver right now?

Mr. Jabbar
11-22-2014, 01:26 AM
Lakers are a lottery team, Cavs look awful even in the east, Knicks are even worse than last year... Basically all your marketable superstars and big market cities SUX. Ratings will start getting a hit soon if not alrdy. The lebron hype is dying before our eyes sooner than expected, and he is falling off the grid.

If cleveland does not get it together this season I see a complete reshape of the nba landscape, a 5 year period of anarchy, a non dominance period while a new masterplan is brewed.

HOoopCityJones
11-22-2014, 01:28 AM
Only way to bounce back now is Love to LA.

ralph_i_el
11-22-2014, 01:32 AM
The Wizards: America's Team

Adam Silver
11-22-2014, 01:34 AM
Why would I be mad? David and I are laughing about his CP3 veto over a couple beers right now.

MellowYellow
11-22-2014, 01:34 AM
Why would I be mad? David and I are laughing about his CP3 veto over a couple beers right now.
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

sammichoffate
11-22-2014, 01:35 AM
Lakers are a lottery team, Cavs look awful even in the east, Knicks are even worse than last year... Basically all your marketable superstars and big market cities SUX. Ratings will start getting a hit soon if not alrdy. The lebron hype is dying before our eyes sooner than expected, and he is falling off the grid.

If cleveland does not get it together this season I see a complete reshape of the nba landscape, a 5 year period of anarchy, a non dominance period while a new masterplan is brewed.I smell a torch-passin'...
http://cdn.slamonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/julius-randle-kobe-bryant.jpg
:rockon: :pimp: :party:

ShackEelOKneel
11-22-2014, 01:36 AM

:lol

Spurs5Rings2014
11-22-2014, 01:36 AM

:roll:

Mr. Jabbar
11-22-2014, 01:38 AM

liar, Da Real Adam Silver does not drink alcohol

Mr. Jabbar
11-22-2014, 01:40 AM
durant coming back is his only hope.....

as good as he may be, the servant doesnt strike me as the league savior

MellowYellow
11-22-2014, 01:40 AM
liar, Da Real Adam Silver does not drink alcohol

Maybe they are o'douls? :confusedshrug:

SamuraiSWISH
11-22-2014, 01:46 AM
Kobe, and LA have been terrible.
LeBron sans HGH has been unimpressive.
D. Rose is consistently hurt.
Knicks still suck.
The House Maid err The Servant is injured.
Westbrick is out.

Terrible start to the season thus far, IMO, from an entertainment stand point. If things were to stay on this course the entire year ... I could see the Spurs finally being a repeat champion, and defending their throne for once.

Pushxx
11-22-2014, 01:49 AM

:cheers: :roll: :lol

KyrieTheFuture
11-22-2014, 01:58 AM
Good thing Anthony Davis is about to be the best player in the league next year. Dude's absolutely ridiculous.

Mr. Jabbar
11-22-2014, 02:14 AM
Good thing Anthony Davis is about to be the best player in the league next year. Dude's absolutely ridiculous.

The hype is real

1 man, 1 brow

MMM
11-22-2014, 02:17 AM
How many of you guys on here are actually basketball fans??? There is a lot of great ball being played yet this site is filled with agenda driven nonsense instead of actually appreciating the great ball being played.

No offense to Knick fans but the league did fine while they were mainly irrelevant for over a decade and i'm sure the league will do fine for the few seasons that the lakers struggle.

west_tip
11-22-2014, 02:34 AM
Knicks still suck.
Westbrick is out.

Terrible start to the season thus far, IMO, from an entertainment stand point. If things were to stay on this course the entire year ... I could see the Spurs finally being a repeat champion, and defending their throne for once.

Very pessimistic attitude. The season promises to be great precisely because the NBA landscape appears to be so unpredictable. There is no one dominant team or player who seems like a lock to make the Finals.

Mr. Jabbar
11-22-2014, 02:37 AM
hmm lets be real, unpredictable nba appeals more to the hardcore nba fan (ish)... casual fans like it top heavy, and they move more money than hardcores for the sport

MMM
11-22-2014, 02:39 AM
Very pessimistic attitude. The season promises to be great precisely because the NBA landscape appears to be so unpredictable. There is no one dominant team or player who seems like a lock to make the Finals.

Agreed, this season is completely wide open. Which just means stars and teams will emerge to fill that void.

AussieG
11-22-2014, 03:54 AM
Grizzlies have best record in the league. :lol

kamil
11-22-2014, 04:02 AM
Only way to bounce back now is Love to LA.

He aint saving that team of scrubs.

Bird
11-22-2014, 04:21 AM
How many of you guys on here are actually basketball fans??? There is a lot of great ball being played yet this site is filled with agenda driven nonsense instead of actually appreciating the great ball being played.

No offense to Knick fans but the league did fine while they were mainly irrelevant for over a decade and i'm sure the league will do fine for the few seasons that the lakers struggle.

I completely agree with this.

There have been some exciting games. A lot of 1980's style scoring going on, young players blossoming, Anthony Davis making the statement that he is one of three or so best players in the game, a completely wide open Western Conference, a fairly wide open Eastern Conference and it's NOT EVEN DECEMBER YET.

We've still got 5+ months of regular season basketball to go and plenty of that will be exciting, fun to watch games, players and teams.

dunksby
11-22-2014, 04:42 AM
He just signed a bigass TV rights contract, Jabbar's humor has been terrible lately. No wonder though as his god has been literally shitting through that master and subject bond.

HOoopCityJones
11-22-2014, 09:42 AM

You're absolutely right.

But he wont be saving Cleveland's either. :no:

sportjames23
11-22-2014, 10:30 AM

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

MP.Trey
11-22-2014, 10:32 AM
He's probably happy with the amount of parity this year.

CelticBaller
11-22-2014, 12:12 PM
:oldlol:

ILLsmak
11-22-2014, 01:37 PM

If cleveland does not get it together this season I see a complete reshape of the nba landscape, a 5 year period of anarchy, a non dominance period while a new masterplan is brewed.

Maybe he's experimenting with not fixing games. Altho that Heat v Cs game was probably fixed. Hard to tell.

I don't think teams should get Ws just because of their name, cuz the NBA spoon feeds them. I think a champion... someone like GSW or Wash would be nice. I think if they need that shit to happen for awhile. They think they'll lose all of the KOBE and LEBRON fans, but I dunno. They can keep those guys in there. I think those guys are ready to come back at a moments notice, anyway. We need to see some real ball. Let the best team win for awhile. If it's GSW or Dal then GG.

Edit: would be luls if Silver was like a player, got a big contract... stop going hard w/ fixing games. Seriously anything that leads to more pure bball is GOOD. NBA has been unwatchable the past few years. By past few I mean like... 10.

-Smak

turret
11-22-2014, 03:57 PM
I completely agree with this.

There have been some exciting games. A lot of 1980's style scoring going on, young players blossoming, Anthony Davis making the statement that he is one of three or so best players in the game, a completely wide open Western Conference, a fairly wide open Eastern Conference and it's NOT EVEN DECEMBER YET.

We've still got 5+ months of regular season basketball to go and plenty of that will be exciting, fun to watch games, players and teams.

:banana:

AD
Payton in Orlando
the young bucks
resurgence of Kings
Wall
Seraphin playing out of his mind in prime time...who saw that coming??

lots of goodies in this new season

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-22-2014, 04:02 PM
come on bro, it's been 12 years, let it go. on the flipside, ur nets are looking great :lol

Timmy D for MVP
11-22-2014, 04:03 PM
I can't think of a single boring outcome to this season. That's how incredible it's going to be. No matter who wins it's going to be an interesting story. I mean the most boring outcomes are a) The Spurs repeat for the first time, likely with Duncan riding off into the sunset or b) Lebron wins, bringing Cleveland their championship.

Both of those are exciting, interesting outcomes. And those are the least interesting.

What Silver should be upset about is the injuries to stars, and maybe if it gets crazy again this year he'll reevaluate the structure of the season.

BasedTom
11-22-2014, 05:20 PM
Knicks still suck.
Westbrick is out.

I completely disagree. It feels like anyone can beat anyone on any given night. Even the Lakers (with Swaggy P)

Eric Cartman
11-22-2014, 05:49 PM
I can't think of a single boring outcome to this season. That's how incredible it's going to be. No matter who wins it's going to be an interesting story. I mean the most boring outcomes are a) The Spurs repeat for the first time, likely with Duncan riding off into the sunset or b) Lebron wins, bringing Cleveland their championship.

Both of those are exciting, interesting outcomes. And those are the least interesting.

What Silver should be upset about is the injuries to stars, and maybe if it gets crazy again this year he'll reevaluate the structure of the season.

No one wants to see that shit, unless Kawhi and company own Lebron in the process.