PDA

View Full Version : Laker fans if we don't start giving these mid tiers a chance...

HOoopCityJones
11-22-2014, 12:33 PM
We wont go anywhere for a very very very VERY LONG time. I can see it now.

The Lakers will go all in on the likes of Davis and Love in the offseason. We've struck out the last few years recruiting this way, swinging for the fences. Damn that.

We need to go hard after the mid tier guys like Wall, Cousins, Lowry, Dragic, Milsap, Parsons, Ellis, Mike Conley, Klay Thomson, Damien Lillard, Andre Drummond etc. That tier right in between All star, but before Superstar status.

I realize most of these guys are taken , but there's a new generation of guys coming up RIGHT NOW who may not look like much yet but could become special down the road. Half these guys who are balling now were alittle bit above role players back in 08.

We need to build a Team. After watching the Mavs destroy us last night it became abundantly clear we can be better if we settled for the nest best talent and actually had guys to buy into the system. Kobe can't be relied on so heavily anymore and when he is he goes into revisionist mode, thinking he can launch 30 footers and shit.

We're gonna continue to suck if we stay in the 90's and early to mid 2000's relying only on stars and praying the rest of the roster plays up to par. The League is SO MUCH different now.

Eric Cartman
11-22-2014, 12:37 PM
The sense of entitlement of some Laker fans :facepalm

Just eat dirt and suck for a decade plus.

You'll love it.

HOoopCityJones
11-22-2014, 12:44 PM

You'll love it.

:oldlol: Wtf how is it a sense of entitlement? All I said is we should recuit smarter instead of swinging for the fences , if anything we should be humbled by all of this.

That's not what we do. Sorry.

Charlie Sheen
11-22-2014, 12:47 PM
How is Cousins a mid tier talent? ... because the kings have failed to properly build around him?

ralph_i_el
11-22-2014, 12:50 PM
You listed a bunch of guys on new longterm deals who have 0% chance of being traded.

Do your homework before you act like a typical Lakers or Knicks fan and just assume you can get stars every off season.

rhowen4
11-22-2014, 01:02 PM
Is he good? Can LA get him?

Ariza4three
11-22-2014, 01:03 PM
You listed a bunch of guys on new longterm deals who have 0% chance of being traded.

Do your homework before you act like a typical Lakers or Knicks fan and just assume you can get stars every off season.
Lakers fans are naturally ****ing retarded.

HOoopCityJones
11-22-2014, 01:06 PM

Maybe you can't read, but I fully acknowledged that most of the guys I named were locked up. The point is there are others moving towards that level developing everyday, every season.

Stop being a such hating ass Pu$$y and go find something to do if you can't have a proper discussion. Bitch ass Ni99a.

StephHamann
11-22-2014, 01:08 PM
Realistic Free Agents:

Dragic
Danny Green
Demare Carrol
Paul Millsap
Asik

those are guys the Lakers should try to get

HOoopCityJones
11-22-2014, 01:08 PM
Realistic Free Agents:

Dragic
Danny Green
Demare Carrol
Paul Millsap
Asik

I'd sign Asik and Dragic.

Hey Yo
11-22-2014, 01:18 PM
Realistic Free Agents:

Dragic
Danny Green
Demare Carrol
Paul Millsap
Asik

Only if those guys are FA's after next season, cause no established player is going to sign with LA as long as Kobe's still there.

StephHamann
11-22-2014, 01:22 PM
Only if those guys are FA's after next season, cause no established player is going to sign with LA as long as Kobe's still there.

overpaying mid tier stars is the only way they get decent players.

Throw the max to Asik, pay Danny Green 8.5 mio ...... etc.

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-22-2014, 02:27 PM

You'll love it.
well, he is right. lakers need to stop going for the homerun during free agency. even if they land the homerun, it'll pretty much gobble up most of the team's cap.

aau
11-22-2014, 02:33 PM
We wont go anywhere for a very very very VERY LONG time. I can see it now.

The Lakers will go all in on the likes of Davis and Love in the offseason. We've struck out the last few years recruiting this way, swinging for the fences. Damn that.

We need to go hard after the mid tier guys like Wall, Cousins, Lowry, Dragic, Milsap, Parsons, Ellis, Mike Conley, Klay Thomson, Damien Lillard, Andre Drummond etc. That tier right in between All star, but before Superstar status.

I realize most of these guys are taken , but there's a new generation of guys coming up RIGHT NOW who may not look like much yet but could become special down the road. Half these guys who are balling now were alittle bit above role players back in 08.

We need to build a Team. After watching the Mavs destroy us last night it became abundantly clear we can be better if we settled for the nest best talent and actually had guys to buy into the system. Kobe can't be relied on so heavily anymore and when he is he goes into revisionist mode, thinking he can launch 30 footers and shit.

We're gonna continue to suck if we stay in the 90's and early to mid 2000's relying only on stars and praying the rest of the roster plays up to par. The League is SO MUCH different now.

that's not how i'd go about it hoop

would only sign mid tiers if i'm contending

we need this top 5 pick to go with 1stR pick from HOU
sign roy hibbert to go with kobe davis randle hill
that's half the roster . . . . . add keepers like

lin - nick - wesley - clarkson - sacre and r kelly if healthy

I like ellington a lot , , cat is fearless . . . . . that's 14 guys
even boozer my least favorite player ever c/b useful for practice/mentor
hopefully durant or a draft pick as replacement for kobe in couple of years

i'd like my chances with that

kamil
11-22-2014, 03:24 PM

You'll love it.

TRUTH.

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-22-2014, 03:29 PM
TRUTH.
oh yeah truth, we feel soooooooooooo entitled because we want lakers to go after a couple mid tier free agents. :wtf: