PDA

View Full Version : David Blatt: I haven't had a losing record in my career and I will not have that here

sbw19
11-22-2014, 11:43 PM
I don't think Cavs fans miss Mike Brown, yet. Do you guys think the role players just aren't a good fit for his system? He's known as a defensive-minded coach after all.

navy
11-22-2014, 11:46 PM
His rotations are terrible. He plays Thompson and Varejao together which makes no sense for offense or defense.And he hasn't mastered having 2 of the big three at one time in the game. He calls the 1-5 pick and roll way too often. And the Cavs get way to obsessed trying to run specific plays sometimes. Other times they are too chuck happy.

But it is still early. So give him a chance to turn it around.

bdreason
11-23-2014, 12:01 AM
This aint Europe homie.

Akrazotile
11-23-2014, 12:14 AM
His rotations are terrible. He plays Thompson and Varejao together which makes no sense for offense or defense.And he hasn't mastered having 2 of the big three at one time in the game. He calls the 1-5 pick and roll way too often. And the Cavs get way to obsessed trying to run specific plays sometimes. Other times they are too chuck happy.

But it is still early. So give him a chance to turn it around.

Sometimes youre going to have to play combinations that arent ideal in order to make sure your starters all get their rest before the stretch run. Kevin Love cant play the whole game. And we all know Bran wants his minutes reduced :oldlol:

If the Cavs have no offense in the frontcourt when they go to the bench, thats really more of a personnel issue than a coaching issue. Just ask the Clippers.

Cobra Kai
11-23-2014, 12:17 AM
Well, he's never coached in Cleveland before...

ProfessorMurder
11-23-2014, 12:19 AM
Better trade Bran.

STATUTORY
11-23-2014, 12:19 AM
:roll: fired within the week

Bran officially takes over coaching

fos
11-23-2014, 12:24 AM
Please fire this idiot. I can't stand his personality, such an idiotic thing to say. You're 5-7 with 3 top-20 players (one of which is the best player in the league), you're a joke. Bring back Mr. Potatohead.

navy
11-23-2014, 12:35 AM
Sometimes youre going to have to play combinations that arent ideal in order to make sure your starters all get their rest before the stretch run. Kevin Love cant play the whole game. And we all know Bran wants his minutes reduced :oldlol:

If the Cavs have no offense in the frontcourt when they go to the bench, thats really more of a personnel issue than a coaching issue. Just ask the Clippers.
You can keep them rested without the rotation going to shit. Blatt just doesnt seem to see the basics.

1)Make sure Varejao and Thompson are not on the court at the same time. This lineup makes no sense at all.Neither are shot blockers nor offensive threats(outside of the pick and roll). Just terrible spacing. Even if it requires playing Marion or Lebron at the 4. Which I have yet to see consistently.

3) Dont ever not have non of the big three in the game. Should go without saying. Unless Dion Waiters is suppose to carry the team.

4)Avoid Kyrie and Dion getting into a shooting contest. Shit is cringeworthy

5) Stop spamming the 1-5 pick and roll. Try the 1-4 pick and roll with Lebron and Kyrie more often. This will kill any team if Lebron is playing the 4.

6) If the defense is already going to shit, move Love to the 5, and have an offensive shootout. Crazy spacing. Not like the defense was any good.

These should all be basic things that Blatt should recognize by now. :no:

R.I.P.
11-23-2014, 12:52 AM
Blatt has sold out like a wuss to get a foot into the NBA. He should have disciplined LeBron, when Bron did his whole coach/teacher-schtick in the huddle and in the press. That has been his biggest weakness so far. He

plowking
11-23-2014, 12:57 AM
I've seriously taken back a few of my thoughts on Spo since watching this train wreck. Dude stuck to his guns and made it work in Miami despite a limited roster in terms of size and other deficiencies.

Blatt literally has a team with no deficiencies in terms of size, rebounding, pace, or age which the Heat had, and he looks like a b!tch out there. I know that awful shit they run on offense isn't the stuff he is telling them to do outside of the 1-5 pick and roll which has a bit of success.

Needs to push Lebron's shit back and tell him that it is his way or no way. Dude throws tantrums if he doesn't get everything catered to, and ultimately it is probably why he left Miami, despite how successful we were.

MavsSuperFan
11-23-2014, 01:12 AM
lol aiming for an above .500 record