PDA

View Full Version : The Philadelphia 76ers are now 0 and....

bagelred
11-23-2014, 09:14 PM
http://eyesondeck.typepad.com/.a/6a0105358b73d4970c017c36aece61970b-pi

buddha
11-23-2014, 09:15 PM
that team that couldn't even beat kentucky? why is this surprising?

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-23-2014, 09:15 PM
did they hit over 90?
http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/9_wZooFWu.KXH0Yo31wNUA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NQ--/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/sports/2014-11-21/4f037d50-713d-11e4-a2db-afe8a834e152_Voila_Capture-2014-11-20_03-20-45_PM.jpg

DaRkJaWs
11-23-2014, 09:39 PM
I sincerely hope they lose all 82 games so I can laugh for the rest of my life. Only way tanking fails is when the players on the team become completely demoralized and as a result become worse players going forward.

lilteapot
11-23-2014, 09:39 PM
they'll probably beat the cavs lol

Bandito
11-23-2014, 09:40 PM
In the East too. Now that is pathetic!

JohnFreeman
11-23-2014, 09:41 PM
MCW worst ROTY ever?

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-23-2014, 09:42 PM
MCW worst ROTY ever?
whoever wins it this year will be competing with that:lol :lol

Lebronxrings
11-23-2014, 09:42 PM
Still play better defense than 90% of the wEAKest conference teams.

plowking
11-23-2014, 09:43 PM
They'll probably lose the next one, then win the one after, putting them at 1-14.

Smook A.
11-23-2014, 09:43 PM
MCW worst ROTY ever?
Mike Miller. MCW was putting up 16/6/6 in his rookie year.

PsychoBe
11-23-2014, 10:56 PM
aint this the same team that beat the heat last year? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Lebronxrings
11-23-2014, 11:02 PM
yea :oldlol: shows how bad the heat team was

Crose
11-23-2014, 11:07 PM
yea :oldlol: shows how bad the heat team was
peak lebron can't even beat the 26 game losing streak sixers :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tycriss
11-26-2014, 11:58 PM
6/76ers

GOBB
11-27-2014, 11:38 AM
How are the NYK doing? 4-12. Look out.

No it's not. But you would know that if you actually followed the NBA.

Magic 32
11-27-2014, 11:45 AM
They have one win against Eric Bledsoe though.

All Net
11-27-2014, 11:49 AM
Can't see who the streak ends to. ..

GOBB
11-27-2014, 11:51 AM

Minnesota

LAZERUSS
11-27-2014, 11:54 AM
that team that couldn't even beat kentucky? why is this surprising?

For those that didn't watch the Knicks-Mavs game last night...

Jeff Van Gundy claimed that this year's Sixers would go 82-0 against the Wildcats in H2H play...

GOBB
11-27-2014, 12:03 PM

Jeff Van Gundy claimed that this year's Sixers would go 82-0 against the Wildcats in H2H play...

Easily, I dont see why clueless fans always think a college team can beat a bad pro team.

navy
11-27-2014, 12:15 PM

82-0 is a stretch. But yeah, Sixers would dominate the Wildcats.

pastis
11-27-2014, 12:16 PM
Easily, I dont see why clueless fans always think a college team can beat a bad pro team.

well, im not into college-scene, but, maybe:

because 76ers are as well nearly a college team
because kentucky has high draft players?
because kentucky plays longer as a team, unlike 76ers?

HomieWeMajor
11-27-2014, 12:56 PM
The 76ers get more laughs than the OP.

StephHamann
11-27-2014, 12:59 PM
http://assets.fiercemarkets.com/files/mobileit/fierceimages/number_15_blue.jpg

http://cdn.gifbay.com/2013/05/mfw_i_make_a_kill_in_world_of_tanks-46966.gif

madmax
11-27-2014, 01:07 PM
http://cdn.gifbay.com/2013/05/mfw_i_make_a_kill_in_world_of_tanks-46966.gif

I guess that is what they call taking "tanking to the extreme"...:lol

GOBB
11-27-2014, 01:09 PM
well, im not into college-scene, but, maybe:

because 76ers are as well nearly a college team
because kentucky has high draft players?
because kentucky plays longer as a team, unlike 76ers?

All silly statements. First this Kentucky team isn't the best Kentucky team of all time. Second the Sixers team is not nearly a college team. Kentucky is made up of freshman and sophomores. MCW played 2 years of college, and is in his second NBA season where he played 70 games plus summer leagues. Tony Wroten played 1 season of college and is in his 3rd NBA season. Shved is in his 3rd season while playing pro in Russia before coming to the NBA. Mbah a moute is a vet, 6yrs of NBA experience. At one point considered a valuable defender. Noel would be the best player on Kentucky right now. Third the one guy who would get drafted high on Kentucky is Karl Towns. Where you are projected to be drafted says little. These kids are far from finished products, still need to develop and gain experience. Something the Sixers have an edge in. Kentucky loses 3-4 games this season then what does that say about this premature they would beat Sixers because they started 6-0 having only beat one quality opponent nonsense? I'll wait. In fact I'll bump this thread in March. Fourth I'm unsure what they play longer as a team mean. Sixers are bad in relation to other pro teams. Clueless fans often confuse that with being bad crossing over in other leagues or levels of basketball. College is college, pro is pro. Sixers lose 3 close games especially one vs Houston they had won but shit bed in last minute. They've been in games for 3 quarters and shit bed in 4th. Couple blowouts. Point is this team is not a college team playing in the pro. I get that the Sixers are the butt of jokes. But to think any college team could beat the Sixers is retarded.

DMV2
11-27-2014, 01:17 PM
Will be 0-17 after the Spurs game.

They can end the streak in Minny, or be tied for the record at 0-18 with a win over the Thunder at home.

swagga
11-27-2014, 01:18 PM
Minnesota

minnesota will come to play and they have young legs and more talent than the sixers.... sixers will beat an old, tired, self entitled team that plays no defense. the knicks.:cry:

ILLsmak
11-27-2014, 02:15 PM
No it's not. But you would know that if you actually followed the NBA.

Nice...

And as said, no college team is beating an NBA team. No way no how. Philly has talent, too. ****in hightop is a beast.

Kentucky may not even win the NCAA championship, jussayin. In 1 game they would get crushed by Philly. Demoralized. Nerlie was probably better than anyone on Kentucky same with MCW... even as a college player, now they got exp.

The scheme would have to be some sort of a zone where they made sure MCW and Nerlens weren't able to do shit or even get on the boards and left their other wack players wide open and hope they missed.

Also Davies is arite. I saw him putting some on Houston.

-Smak

wally_world
11-27-2014, 02:16 PM
But we're not tanking :rolleyes:

DonDadda59
11-27-2014, 02:53 PM
Nice...

And as said, no college team is beating an NBA team. No way no how. Philly has talent, too. ****in hightop is a beast.

Kentucky may not even win the NCAA championship, jussayin. In 1 game they would get crushed by Philly. Demoralized. Nerlie was probably better than anyone on Kentucky same with MCW... even as a college player, now they got exp.

The scheme would have to be some sort of a zone where they made sure MCW and Nerlens weren't able to do shit or even get on the boards and left their other wack players wide open and hope they missed.

Also Davies is arite. I saw him putting some on Houston.

-Smak

There's been plenty of College teams that would beat the brakes off of terrible NBA teams. The Fab5 Michigan-Duke teams of the 90s, the Noah-Horford-Brewer Florida dynasty, and a few others come to mind. We've seen teams made of NBA all stars get taken to the wood shed by Greece and other random countries made up of guys who wouldn't be good enough to get scholarships at the top D-1 schools.

MP.Trey
11-27-2014, 02:58 PM
But we're not tanking :rolleyes:
You're a 6ers fan? Always pictured you as a T-Wolves fan with the username or were you just a big player fan of Szczerbiak?

Sarcastic
11-27-2014, 03:19 PM
1992 college all stars beat the 1992 Dream Team in scrimmage. Let's not act like it's totally impossible for a college team to take a game off pros.

And this 76ers team is historically bad. The average age of the team is 23 years old, and that's with Jason Richardson averaged in who is 33. The team is mostly comprised of undrafted rookies, that would never even make the team at Kentucky. Kentucky has nine players that are over 6'6" tall, and about 9 projected first round picks. Nerlens Noel is also not better than everyone on Kentucky, especially when you factor in that he is coming off an ACL injury, and hasn't played competitive basketball in over a year. At this point Kentucky Noel > 76ers Noel.

ILLsmak
11-27-2014, 03:42 PM
1992 college all stars beat the 1992 Dream Team in scrimmage. Let's not act like it's totally impossible for a college team to take a game off pros.

And this 76ers team is historically bad. The average age of the team is 23 years old, and that's with Jason Richardson averaged in who is 33. The team is mostly comprised of undrafted rookies, that would never even make the team at Kentucky. Kentucky has nine players that are over 6'6" tall, and about 9 projected first round picks. Nerlens Noel is also not better than everyone on Kentucky, especially when you factor in that he is coming off an ACL injury, and hasn't played competitive basketball in over a year. At this point Kentucky Noel > 76ers Noel.

Maybe so @ Nerl but he's a monster. I saw him do shit that bigs just don't do. I saw him rip James Harden. He gets in.

Kentucky has a lot of picks but they don't have THAT GUY. That's why they are running in units, as they were sayin, cuz they don't have a superstar. They are just good and deep. I dunno if they could beat Philly. Philly is tanking, true... but who on Kentucky is gonna do shit?

Shved is also a good player. He's just playing like shit. I think for real that people tell them to just go out there and lose.

I think a college bball team could beat an nba team... if it was a historical college team. Kentucky isn't. They have talent, a lot... a ridic recruiting class, but I'm talking about a college team with cohesion and gaps filled. Lesse if they even win it.

Gimme a college team with two amazing players and really good role players over Kentucky. gimme ****in Duke, you seen Okafor? I think you need players like him, on that sort of go into the NBA and get 20 as a rookie, as well as talent that can make shots and defend NBA players.

They gotta be talented enough to change the defense. I can't believe you think that these guys would make Kentucky's roster. lol. I'm betting the opposite. If you could take one of those guys and make them a 1 and done player (cuz I agree that they wouldn't take up a spot for them as a 20 something year old) that never got any better, bet like they wouldn't all find a roster spot.

It'd be funny, tho. It's easy to say whatever because they won't play. If you get the worst record in the NBA you should have to play the NCAA champion and if you lose you don't get a draft pick.

-Smak

ILLsmak
11-27-2014, 03:48 PM
There's been plenty of College teams that would beat the brakes off of terrible NBA teams. The Fab5 Michigan-Duke teams of the 90s, the Noah-Horford-Brewer Florida dynasty, and a few others come to mind. We've seen teams made of NBA all stars get taken to the wood shed by Greece and other random countries made up of guys who wouldn't be good enough to get scholarships at the top D-1 schools.

double post. yea. I meant this year. I agree a historic dynasty team could maybe beat a really bad NBA team. They could also lose.

Sometimes a team loses in the 1st round of the tourney vs a 15 seed. Shit happens. I dunno if you can base that off of outliers. Anything can happen, but in general I don't think Kentucky could beat Philly, even once in a series.

Sure, tho, like I said teams w/ nba quality players... the guys who go in and are starting impact players their first year, plus great role players, have a chance. Not a big one though. If a team loses cuz they are slipping or clowning... it counts, but I dunno if it's an accurate assessment of their talent.

When people say Kentucky could beat Philly they are saying they are better. They're not. Every year there is some bad nba team and some ncaa team and people say "Yea they could beat x." I don't agree.

-Smak

La Frescobaldi
11-27-2014, 03:55 PM
should be in the D League

wally_world
11-27-2014, 03:59 PM
You're a 6ers fan? Always pictured you as a T-Wolves fan with the username or were you just a big player fan of Szczerbiak?

Nah just speaking in the perspective of the 6ers

I got this account back in the glory days of the Wolves, they were my team back then. I've been a Suns fan ever since, and more recently OKC.

DonDadda59
11-27-2014, 04:03 PM

Exactly. Sometimes the College ranks (especially back when guys played more than just a year) produce all time great talents at the same time/era. That '92 College team had future greats Grant Hill, Chris Webber, Penny Hardaway. A team of College players led by Jordan and Ewing smacked around an NBA All Star team featuring Magic Johnson, Isaiah Thomas, and Alex English in '84.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cIIuS_BvHM

It's not ridiculous to think a great college team made up of future NBA all stars could beat a team of glorified D-Leaguers.

double post. yea. I meant this year. I agree a historic dynasty team could maybe beat a really bad NBA team. They could also lose.

Sometimes a team loses in the 1st round of the tourney vs a 15 seed. Shit happens. I dunno if you can base that off of outliers. Anything can happen, but in general I don't think Kentucky could beat Philly, even once in a series.

Sure, tho, like I said teams w/ nba quality players... the guys who go in and are starting impact players their first year, plus great role players, have a chance. Not a big one though. If a team loses cuz they are slipping or clowning... it counts, but I dunno if it's an accurate assessment of their talent.

When people say Kentucky could beat Philly they are saying they are better. They're not. Every year there is some bad nba team and some ncaa team and people say "Yea they could beat x." I don't agree.

-Smak

Yeah, I was just discussing the idea in general. I don't know enough about the present Kentucky team or its players to say whether or not they could beat the God awful 6ers. I know for a fact though that the Fab 5 would've run MCW and crew out the gym :lol

oarabbus
11-27-2014, 04:12 PM
6/76ers

:oldlol:

aj1987
11-27-2014, 05:34 PM
When do they play the Cav's?

GOBB
11-28-2014, 01:44 PM

Who the f*ck dd kentucky beat after only 6 games for you to rven spew this nonsense from your fingertips? Jesus Christ some of you guys are hilarious. I just broke down the sixers. Try reading and countering it. Because the second kentucky loses a game or two or three I'll be bumping this thread looking for guys like you who actually think kentucky could beat the sixers.

GOBB
11-28-2014, 02:13 PM
And who on kentucky is better than Noel right now? I'll wait...

MavsSuperFan
11-28-2014, 05:28 PM
6/76ers
:lol you think they are winning 6 games?

76ers push the definition of a pro team to the limit though

sportjames23
11-28-2014, 05:30 PM

Chuck Daly purposely threw that scrimmage to get the Dream Team prepared to not take any team for granted.

clipps
11-28-2014, 06:38 PM
I know a guy whose been a long time 6ers and Raiders fan.

R.I.P.
11-28-2014, 07:54 PM
I know a guy whose been a long time 6ers and Raiders fan.

Shows how strong humans will to live is.

Euroleague
11-28-2014, 09:01 PM

This 76ers team could not win a single game in the Eurocup (the 2nd tier European league).

Eric Cartman
11-28-2014, 09:06 PM
This 76ers team could not win a single game in the Eurocup (the 2nd tier European league).

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/go-away.gif

LAZERUSS
11-28-2014, 09:14 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/go-away.gif

:roll: :roll: :roll:

lilgodfather1
11-28-2014, 10:27 PM
This might be the only time I have ever agreed with EL.

pastis
11-29-2014, 05:01 AM

dont be silly. i see not a single german team in the first german division beating 76ers in a 4 or so games series. not a single team and this includes ALba Berlin, Bamberg, Bayern M

SyRyanYang
11-29-2014, 06:36 AM
[QUOTE=pastis]dont be silly. i see not a single german team in the first german division beating 76ers in a 4 or so games series. not a single team and this includes ALba Berlin, Bamberg, Bayern M

pastis
11-29-2014, 06:44 AM
Is this the same team that beats Spurs with Duncan and Parker playing heavy minutes?

yes, but cmon. for ALba it was the game of the year: "WOW duncan and parker are coming, the reigning champ". Everyone played with heart and like it was a game 7.

while spurs just thought: well, ok we hav to go to berlin due to media and nba representation....for them it was a little training game, no heart, no strategy, no tactics etc.

UK2K
11-29-2014, 06:45 AM
Karl Anthony Towns would eat Nerlens alive right now, and he just turned 18.

Dakari is better as well. WCS and Nerlens is a toss up since they're so limited offensively, but its hard to argue that WCS is not one of the best defensive centers in NCAA.

And that's just the big men.

midatlantic09
11-29-2014, 07:01 AM

this is way too easy...

iznogood
11-29-2014, 07:16 AM
Great to have you back!:cheers:

Sarcastic
11-29-2014, 07:58 AM
Chuck Daly purposely threw that scrimmage to get the Dream Team prepared to not take any team for granted.

It still had hall of fame players on it. I mean if the pros can so easily defeat college players, then Stockton, Malone, Barkley, etc should be able to wipe the floor with any college players. The main thing Daly did was sit Michael Jordan. You telling me Dream Team needed Jordan to beat college players?

GOBB
11-29-2014, 08:37 AM
Karl Anthony Towns would eat Nerlens alive right now, and he just turned 18.

Dakari is better as well. WCS and Nerlens is a toss up since they're so limited offensively, but its hard to argue that WCS is not one of the best defensive centers in NCAA.

And that's just the big men.

Towns may have more potential but he's not better. And there are no guards better than Noel either. Harrison twins overrated and went back to college when their stock wasn't as good as they thought. Noel was one of the best defensive players as well and one of the best shotblockers in ncaa history.

GOBB
11-29-2014, 08:39 AM
[QUOTE=pastis]dont be silly. i see not a single german team in the first german division beating 76ers in a 4 or so games series. not a single team and this includes ALba Berlin, Bamberg, Bayern M

Euroleague
11-29-2014, 04:50 PM
I've only seen Millbuck post 100 percent facts about Giannis. :confusedshrug:

Every single post he made about him in this forum relating to when he was in Greece, or Greece's junior or senior national teams is a lie. He got away with it before because then endless trolling was allowed here.

However, the forum has supposedly changed and no longer tolerates that. The claim is it will be dealt with once it is reported and that if the mods don't deal with it, then further reports to admin will take care of it.

He has spent months and months here with absurd trolling about Giannis and many European posters sent dozens of complaints about him before, but nothing was done.

Under this apparent regime change here, it is exact BS like the stuff he posted that is supposed to be eradicated from here because it ruins the whole forum.

Ariza4three
11-29-2014, 04:50 PM
Hey Euroleague.

Budadiiii
11-29-2014, 04:54 PM
Who the f*ck dd kentucky beat after only 6 games for you to rven spew this nonsense from your fingertips? Jesus Christ some of you guys are hilarious. I just broke down the sixers. Try reading and countering it. Because the second kentucky loses a game or two or three I'll be bumping this thread looking for guys like you who actually think kentucky could beat the sixers.
Not about who Kentucky has beat. It's about the miserable 00ers who have yet to beat ANYONE. :roll:

It's a major insult in and of itself for this to even be a conversation. It's actually getting mainstream talk on SportsCenter and shit.

Your team is the joke of basketball. Bump the thread all you want. Will just be a reminder of how shitty the 00ers franchise is, getting compared to college teams and what not. :lol

Yankstar
11-29-2014, 05:05 PM
Move franchise to Seattle and name them the supersonics. Problem solved.

Euroleague
11-29-2014, 05:08 PM
Move franchise to Seattle and name them the supersonics. Problem solved.

Why? An expansion team would win many more games than the Sixers. Why wouldn't Seattle just wait for an expansion team? Even an expansion team would be like a juggernaut compared to the Sixers.

Smook A.
11-29-2014, 05:09 PM
Why? An expansion team would win many more games then Sixers.
I don't think the NBA is looking to expand right now, though.

Yankstar
11-29-2014, 05:13 PM
Why? An expansion team would win many more games than the Sixers. Why wouldn't Seattle just wait for an expansion team? Even an expansion team would be like a juggernaut compared to the Sixers.

Punish teams for tanking so obviously and repeatedly. 2012 the year the wizards had a worse record then the 23 loss streak bobcats. Look at them now and look at the 76ers.

GOBB
11-29-2014, 05:16 PM
Not about who Kentucky has beat. It's about the miserable 00ers who have yet to beat ANYONE. :roll:

It's a major insult in and of itself for this to even be a conversation. It's actually getting mainstream talk on SportsCenter and shit.

Your team is the joke of basketball. Bump the thread all you want. Will just be a reminder of how shitty the 00ers franchise is, getting compared to college teams and what not. :lol

Nets started off 0-18 4 years ago. Not many remember including yourself. Plenty of pro teams in major sports have had bad seasons. And every time someone introduces a college team would beat them. The 01 Canes were said to be good enough to beat a bad pro team. At least that team was stacked with legitimate talent vs Kentucky infant ward of "potential, sky the limit" players.

Euroleague
11-29-2014, 05:21 PM
I don't think the NBA is looking to expand right now, though.

They are. A couple of the owners confirmed it in some European media awhile back "off the record" - I think it was the Grizzlies owner and I can't remember the other one, but that they will be putting 5 or 6 teams in Europe soon.

And usually they always like to keep an even number of teams, so if they put 5 teams in Europe that leaves room for one more team in USA, or if they put 6 teams in Europe, that leaves room for 2 teams in USA.

That's how I see it --->

30 teams, plus 5 teams in Europe = 35 teams

That means you have room for one more team in USA to get the even number of 36 teams.

or

30 teams, plus 6 teams in Europe = 36 teams

Maybe they stay just like that.

or maybe they go,

Which means, they will want an even number of teams, so that would leave to open places to expand in the USA. So 32 teams in USA/Canada and the 6 teams in Europe = 38 teams.

That leaves room for the 6 teams they want to add in Europe, to put another team in Seattle, and to leave another spot open. The NBA keeps talking about wanting a team in Las Vegas too, but I doubt that would ever be allowed. But then again now they are talking about the gambling stuff too.

But anyway, that adds up perfectly to 38 teams, whether it would be Las Vegas or another city, as they could just pick somewhere else, because I have also heard they are interested in trying Vancouver again, because they still want to further expand into the Canadian market.

Either way, it's obvious that Seattle and the European markets are going to get new teams fairly soon. Those NBA owners were saying they wanted the expansion into Europe immediately, as in the NBA is basically already doing it right now. And it would take maybe 5 years to complete the process.

So if I am Seattle I would rather just wait 5 years to get my own team, rather than get stuck with the biggest joke of any team in any of the pro sports leagues in North America.

GOBB
11-29-2014, 05:22 PM
The Sixers want to rebuild from the ground up. They want to one day have a good team on a yearly basis where the core was home grown talent. As opposed to just overpaying players over and over and hoping it works. People dont like the way Sixers are going about it. That is cool but at least respect the honestly of the franchise telling you fans what their intentions are. Plenty of bad franchises sell you bullshit you that is ok. You eat it up. Sixers sell you hardcore truth and told you last season before this plan started that there will be a bunch of losses to start off given the makeup of the team. And you cant stomach it.

I'm lost do you want the truth or lies? :confusedshrug:

What is the difference between the Sixers the past two seasons and The Sac Kings the past 8? I'll wait.

GOBB
11-29-2014, 05:23 PM
:rant :rant :rant

Expansion is retarded. You wont be around on Earth to see 36 teams in the NBA.

Budadiiii
11-29-2014, 05:28 PM
Nets started off 0-18 4 years ago. Not many remember including yourself. Plenty of pro teams in major sports have had bad seasons. And every time someone introduces a college team would beat them. The 01 Canes were said to be good enough to beat a bad pro team. At least that team was stacked with legitimate talent vs Kentucky infant ward of "potential, sky the limit" players.
Yeah, there have been conversations about it in the past. Is that a consolation for you? Your team can beat a college team.... congrats.

Other NBA fans are busy discussing how their team matches up with other pro teams and you are busy defending your squad, who has yet to win a game, against a college team full of 18 and 19 year olds.

I'm sure the 0ers would win, but it wouldn't be a blow out. And that's the sad part. Just remember it's a lose lose.

You bump this thread and it's a painful reminder of how bad the 0ers are. Kentucky might lose, but by the time you bump it, the 0ers record will be even more embarrassing than it is now. And people won't be like... damn GOBB was right! Kentucky can't beat them. They'll be like... damn, the 0ers ****ing suck.

GOBB
11-29-2014, 05:33 PM
Yeah, there have been conversations about it in the past. Is that a consolation for you? Your team can beat a college team.... congrats.

Other NBA fans are busy discussing how their team matches up with other pro teams and you are busy defending your squad, who has yet to win a game, against a college team full of 18 and 19 year olds.

I'm sure the 0ers would win, but it wouldn't be a blow out. And that's the sad part. Just remember it's a lose lose.

You bump this thread and it's a painful reminder of how bad the 0ers are. Kentucky might lose, but by the time you bump it, the 0ers record will be even more embarrassing than it is now. And people won't be like... damn GOBB was right! Kentucky can't beat them. They'll be like... damn, the 0ers ****ing suck.

They would definitely blow out Kentucky. The fact you and idiots in this thread continue to argue Kentucky vs Sixers says all I need to know.

Sixers are bad? No shit Captain State the Obvious. Let me guess you're going to mention the Sixers have no wins again in your next reply? Predictable.

Charlotte 4-13
Lakers 3-13
Detroit 3-13
NYK 4-13
Boston 4-9
Minny 4-10

Bunch of winners there. Surely fans of those teams arent discussing how they match up with other pro teams. :sleeping

Budadiiii
11-29-2014, 05:39 PM
They would definitely blow out Kentucky. The fact you and idiots in this thread continue to argue Kentucky vs Sixers says all I need to know.

Sixers are bad? No shit Captain State the Obvious. Let me guess you're going to mention the Sixers have no wins again in your next reply? Predictable.

Charlotte 4-13
Lakers 3-13
Detroit 3-13
NYK 4-13
Boston 4-9
Minny 4-10

Bunch of winners there. Surely fans of those teams arent discussing how they match up with other pro teams. :sleeping
Don't the 0ers have the worst point differential in history?

We're literally talking about the worst team ever. They not blowing anyone out kid.

Kentucky would give them a run for their money. And those other teams have multiple wins... what the hell do they have to do with the winless 0ers? GOBB, the king of consolations.

My team may be the worst in history, but at least they might be able to beat a college team. :oldlol:

GOBB
11-29-2014, 05:50 PM
Don't the 0ers have the worst point differential in history?

Season would have to end to determine that.

We're literally talking about the worst team ever. They not blowing anyone out kid.

Yes, they are not blowing a college team out. :rolleyes:

Kentucky would give them a run for their money. And those other teams have multiple wins... what the hell do they have to do with the winless 0ers? GOBB, the king of consolations.

No they wouldn't, and those other teams stink just as bad as the Sixers. The difference? Sixers didnt spend money for f*ck sake.

My team may be the worst in history, but at least they might be able to beat a college team. :oldlol:

Nice way to change the topic of conversation. No one is bragging about Sixers could beat Kentucky as some "victory". What is being argued is the thought that fans rush to judgement and actually believe Kentucky could. The idea being in your head makes you retarded, you retard. Good job, good effort.

pastis
11-29-2014, 05:55 PM
They are. A couple of the owners confirmed it in some European media awhile back "off the record" - I think it was the Grizzlies owner and I can't remember the other one, but that they will be putting 5 or 6 teams in Europe soon.

And usually they always like to keep an even number of teams, so if they put 5 teams in Europe that leaves room for one more team in USA, or if they put 6 teams in Europe, that leaves room for 2 teams in USA.

That's how I see it --->

30 teams, plus 5 teams in Europe = 35 teams

That means you have room for one more team in USA to get the even number of 36 teams.

or

Maybe they stay just like that.

or maybe they go,

Which means, they will want an even number of teams, so that would leave to open places to expand in the USA. So 32 teams in USA/Canada and the 6 teams in Europe = 38 teams.

That leaves room for the 6 teams they want to add in Europe, to put another team in Seattle, and to leave another spot open. The NBA keeps talking about wanting a team in Las Vegas too, but I doubt that would ever be allowed. But then again now they are talking about the gambling stuff too.

But anyway, that adds up perfectly to 38 teams, whether it would be Las Vegas or another city, as they could just pick somewhere else, because I have also heard they are interested in trying Vancouver again, because they still want to further expand into the Canadian market.

Either way, it's obvious that Seattle and the European markets are going to get new teams fairly soon. Those NBA owners were saying they wanted the expansion into Europe immediately, as in the NBA is basically already doing it right now. And it would take maybe 5 years to complete the process.

So if I am Seattle I would rather just wait 5 years to get my own team, rather than get stuck with the biggest joke of any team in any of the pro sports leagues in North America.

well, i can understand that the nba wants to open the european market in creating some franchises there. but wouldnt it be paradoxical to the current discussions even to reduce the number of games/playing time in the RS?:biggums:

interesting how, if the nba creates european franchises, the gameplan would look like. would be quit difficult, very stressful and exhausting making these travels.

and where would the franchise locate? biggest market by buypower would be germany or france, but in these countries (im german) noone gives really a fvck about basketball. we are talking here in germany since many years to grow the basketball in a general way. right now i cant see really anything, except maybe bayern m

Budadiiii
11-29-2014, 06:09 PM
Season would have to end to determine that.

Yes, they are not blowing a college team out. :rolleyes:

No they wouldn't, and those other teams stink just as bad as the Sixers. The difference? Sixers didnt spend money for f*ck sake.

Nice way to change the topic of conversation. No one is bragging about Sixers could beat Kentucky as some "victory". What is being argued is the thought that fans rush to judgement and actually believe Kentucky could. The idea being in your head makes you retarded, you retard. Good job, good effort.
Guys like you try to find "victory" in everything, even something as stupid as this hypothetical.

You're gonna bump this thread and find those people who said Kentucky could beat them! YOU GO BOY. You're gonna impressive everyone with your knowledge of the game and your mind of logic and reason.

...... wait, nobody ****ing cares. People are just baffled at how bad the 0ers are and I don't blame them for thinking Kentucky could hang. But here you go, trying to prove yourself to everyone, like the insecure child you are.

So sad.

GOBB
11-29-2014, 06:59 PM
No one cares yet how many replies have you run off? :oldlol:

Gotta love butt hurt posters here.

Undisputed
11-29-2014, 07:11 PM
The Sixers are bad, it happens. Someone has to draw the short end of the straw. Just look at Budadiiii. He's the 76ers equivalent to ISH.

AnaheimLakers24
11-29-2014, 07:14 PM
Guys like you try to find "victory" in everything, even something as stupid as this hypothetical.

You're gonna bump this thread and find those people who said Kentucky could beat them! YOU GO BOY. You're gonna impressive everyone with your knowledge of the game and your mind of logic and reason.

...... wait, nobody ****ing cares. People are just baffled at how bad the 0ers are and I don't blame them for thinking Kentucky could hang. But here you go, trying to prove yourself to everyone, like the insecure child you are.

So sad.
you are really stupid. stop with the angry gimmick, you loser

GOBB
11-29-2014, 08:01 PM
The Sixers are bad, it happens. Someone has to draw the short end of the straw. Just look at Budadiiii. He's the 76ers equivalent to ISH.

:roll: :roll:

Relinquish
11-29-2014, 08:08 PM

:lebronamazed:

Eric Cartman
11-29-2014, 08:09 PM

Savage.

Euroleague
11-29-2014, 08:16 PM
[QUOTE=pastis]well, i can understand that the nba wants to open the european market in creating some franchises there. but wouldnt it be paradoxical to the current discussions even to reduce the number of games/playing time in the RS?:biggums:

interesting how, if the nba creates european franchises, the gameplan would look like. would be quit difficult, very stressful and exhausting making these travels.

and where would the franchise locate? biggest market by buypower would be germany or france, but in these countries (im german) noone gives really a fvck about basketball. we are talking here in germany since many years to grow the basketball in a general way. right now i cant see really anything, except maybe bayern m

Eric Cartman
11-29-2014, 08:22 PM
The NBA is working very hard supposedly on this because they want to be the first sports league from USA to get teams in Europe before the NFL does it, because the belief is the NFL will do so also soon. At least that's what the voices inside my head tell me.

Fixed.

Prodigy
11-29-2014, 08:42 PM
The travel and games would not matter because the NBA teams would spend a long time in Europe once a year. And then the same with the European teams going to USA and Canada. It would be like a tour.

Traveling on a tour once a year isn't going to be an issue for any team.

As far as the teams, from what I have heard, they are supposed to be,

Paris Saint Germain
FC Barcelona
Real Madrid
London Arsenal
Olimpia Milano
FC Bayern Munich

And it is supposed to take about 5 years for it to be implemented. They have been working on it already for about 5 years or so, because they started it off as a 10 year plan originally. And that is why Bayern Munich supposedly began the basketball section in the first place. And the same thing then is also supposed to happen very soon with PSG also starting a basketball section in Europe with the same reason. The Euroleague is supposed to be working hand in hand with the NBA on it.

The NBA is working very hard supposedly on this because they want to be the first sports league from USA to get teams in Europe before the NFL does it, because the belief is the NFL will do so also soon. At least this is all what I have heard in European sports circles.

Wait. European countries play American football?

Sarcastic
11-29-2014, 09:03 PM
Wait. European countries play American football?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Europe

NugzFan
11-29-2014, 09:56 PM
i cant believe sixer fans actually support the way their team is tanking.

teams have tanked before but they are taking it to a whole new level. historic levels.

sportjames23
11-29-2014, 09:59 PM
How many years have the Sixers been tanking now? SMH

Styles p
11-29-2014, 10:20 PM
How many years have the Sixers been tanking now? SMH
this is the second year dipshit.

GOBB
11-29-2014, 10:37 PM
i cant believe sixer fans actually support the way their team is tanking.

teams have tanked before but they are taking it to a whole new level. historic levels.

Again kings have been bad for 8 straight seasons. Avg win about 27 games during that stretch. 82 game in a season so you do the math. Only two seasons have they won at least 30 games during that stretch. Drafts trades signings. And this was the yearly result. Living in lottery.

Yet you have such an issue over what the sixers are doing? Hilarious. Why would I be upset when the sixers said they are building from the ground up. Where there core will be home grown talent as opposed to overpaying?

Lakers are bad. They struck out on big names and instead of keeping their cash to themselves decided to spend it on Nick young Carlos boozer jordan hill wayne ellingtons of the world. They didn't lock anyone up long term instead of nock whose contract is modest. Why? They are saving money for next offseason. And this is ok with you. Lakers could've added many pieces to make them better and didn't because they chose not to. And you say NOTHING. You simply sot there and accept it. Hilarious part II but you're here bitching Cuz the sixers didn't spend money just because and still be bad. You make no sense my man. None.

sportjames23
11-29-2014, 11:04 PM
this is the second year dipshit.

U furious?

DMAVS41
11-29-2014, 11:34 PM
Again kings have been bad for 8 straight seasons. Avg win about 27 games during that stretch. 82 game in a season so you do the math. Only two seasons have they won at least 30 games during that stretch. Drafts trades signings. And this was the yearly result. Living in lottery.

Yet you have such an issue over what the sixers are doing? Hilarious. Why would I be upset when the sixers said they are building from the ground up. Where there core will be home grown talent as opposed to overpaying?

Lakers are bad. They struck out on big names and instead of keeping their cash to themselves decided to spend it on Nick young Carlos boozer jordan hill wayne ellingtons of the world. They didn't lock anyone up long term instead of nock whose contract is modest. Why? They are saving money for next offseason. And this is ok with you. Lakers could've added many pieces to make them better and didn't because they chose not to. And you say NOTHING. You simply sot there and accept it. Hilarious part II but you're here bitching Cuz the sixers didn't spend money just because and still be bad. You make no sense my man. None.

Bingo.

Why is everyone acting like this has been going on for a decade?

Shit...they made the 2nd round of the playoffs in 12...and won like 35 games the following year.

What do people want? Fringe playoff berths with Holiday and Thad Young? Or the chance to have like a decade straight of 50 win teams and something special potentially happening?

After next year...this team will likely be fighting for the playoffs...and will be loaded with talent.

Give me that over first round exits with little to no upside.

VIP2000
11-30-2014, 12:22 AM
This is only the 2nd year they've been tanking.

In 12-13, they aimed for the fences and traded for Bynum but obviously that didn't work out.

Milbuck
11-30-2014, 01:59 AM
No the guy that was the 7th option on Greece's B national team never made it to that level in Europe. He played in a league that was 2 levels BELOW that.

Time to report Milbuck for out of control trolling again. According to Jeff, that isn't supposed to be tolerated here anymore and is supposed to be "dealt with".
How was he the 7th option on Greece's B national team, when just this past summer he knocked Spanoulis out of his spot as captain on Greece's 1st national team and led them to greater heights than Spanoulis ever did? All at 19 years old, too.

I don't see why you're so defensive about Giannis steamrolling through his European stint. He's playing great basketball in the NBA right now...he's just a great talent. Him shitting on the Euroleague as a teenager isn't something to be ashamed about.

Smook A.
11-30-2014, 02:17 AM
We already know the 76ers are going to end up as the worst team in the league this season. Its pretty damn obvious at this point. We also know how bad they want that #1 pick. If you really think about it, the worst teams don't usually get the 1st pick of the draft. Most of the time its either the 2nd or 3rd worst team.

The last time the worst team got the #1 pick was in 2011, and it was for the Cavs. Before that it was 2004. Chances are, the 76ers won't be getting a #1 pick this year.

hawksdogsbraves
11-30-2014, 04:05 AM
Euroleague is back?????

This is a great day for ISH :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

josh99
11-30-2014, 04:37 AM
We already know the 76ers are going to end up as the worst team in the league this season. Its pretty damn obvious at this point. We also know how bad they want that #1 pick. If you really think about it, the worst teams don't usually get the 1st pick of the draft. Most of the time its either the 2nd or 3rd worst team.

The last time the worst team got the #1 pick was in 2011, and it was for the Cavs. Before that it was 2004. Chances are, the 76ers won't be getting a #1 pick this year.
IIRC you have a 25% chance of getting the #1 pick if you have the worst record.

sirkeelma
11-30-2014, 05:17 AM
Still I'd rather have Sixers' roster over Lakers.

StephHamann
11-30-2014, 08:09 AM
I don't see why you're so defensive about Giannis steamrolling through his European stint. He's playing great basketball in the NBA right now...he's just a great talent. Him shitting on the Euroleague as a teenager isn't something to be ashamed about.

He never played a Euroleague game in his career.

Compared to the US System the Euro Basketball League System is rather complex, so no shame in not knowing the difference between the bazzillion leagues in Europe.

Styles p
12-01-2014, 03:14 PM
U furious?
nope, not at all. i was on board for another tank this season. i will admit i didn't think they'd be this bad though lol.

bagelred
12-02-2014, 12:29 AM
more

hawksdogsbraves
12-02-2014, 02:44 AM
I get that Sixers fans have bought into the tank job, but I don't get the sense that they're even upset about this season, (or last).

I mean on some level don't you have to be a little embarassed that you have what will probably wind up being the worst team in the HISTORY of the NBA?

dubeta
12-02-2014, 02:48 AM
Not sure if sixers record or Kobe's shot chart :facepalm

Collie
12-02-2014, 05:20 AM
Are there any transcendent-type players available next year for the 76ers to tank this blatantly?

dunksby
12-02-2014, 06:29 AM
There is a difference between tanking and being trash, Philly are both.

GOBB
12-02-2014, 08:51 AM
I get that Sixers fans have bought into the tank job, but I don't get the sense that they're even upset about this season, (or last).

I mean on some level don't you have to be a little embarassed that you have what will probably wind up being the worst team in the HISTORY of the NBA?

Embarrassed at what? This franchise went to the playoffs like 3 seasons ago having won under 40 games. This franchise has had dog years meaning they were bad more than one, two seasons. You want to talk about being bad (not on purpose) having a good slot in the lottery then drafting a bum and doing it the following year? How about handing out bad contracts to scrubs? How about bad coaches? Bad front offices. The time before sixers drafted Allen Iverson was embarrassing. Trading charles Barkley for Jeff Hornacek Andrew Lang Tim Perry. Again say those three names to yourself. And people want me to be upset now because Hinkie unlike most GMs, teams was honest? And simply said we will be bad bad like real bad to start and what my plan is? It's not for the inpatient.

So I'm not impatient at this. I knew before last season ended we would stink this season. This bad? No, but I saw maybe 3-4 wins at this point. Outsiders can't fathom or comprehend why some of us are ok with it. But we have seen periods in sixers history where there was no hope, promise. At least with this plan you can sense that even if it backfires and we are stuck being bad or mediocre which we spent years being before Hinkies arrival.

GOBB
12-02-2014, 09:01 AM
Are there any transcendent-type players available next year for the 76ers to tank this blatantly?

No. We had two first rd picks with Noel/MCW, two first rd picks following draft Embiid/Saric and will probably have two first this draft ours and miami's which is top 10 protected so basically we will get theirs.

Stockpiling young assets is all.

BurningHammer
12-02-2014, 09:18 AM
2 more losses to beat 09-10's Nets record at 18! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

GimmeThat
12-02-2014, 12:30 PM
this got ellie gouldings album all over it

stephanieg
12-02-2014, 12:47 PM

If something is worth doing it's worth doing well.

tanks1
12-02-2014, 12:47 PM
Make a run at Kawhi Leonard and Jimmy Butler.....................

Lebron23
12-02-2014, 02:11 PM
Just hire Mike D'Antoni. I love to see MCW, Wroten and Noel's stats in a run and gun offense.

coin24
12-02-2014, 02:24 PM
Philly shouldn't get a cent of any shared profits it's fkn pathetic what they are doing..

DamnMixes
12-02-2014, 02:29 PM
Two more games to beat the record http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/ahh.png

Come on Philly, don't disappoint me, if you do the tanking, do it remarkably.

Lebron23
12-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Philly shouldn't get a cent of any shared profits it's fkn pathetic what they are doing..

They aren't even a super bad team on papers. Just give them a good coaching staff.

I have seen worst teams like the 1998-1999 Chicago Bulls.

coin24
12-02-2014, 02:37 PM
They aren't even a super bad team on papers. Just give them a good coaching staff.

Yes they're super bad.

Sarcastic
12-02-2014, 02:49 PM

What? They are $20 million below the salary cap. They have like 9 undrafted free agents. They're pretty much taking guys off the street, putting uniforms on them, and calling it a team. They are probably the super baddest team of all time.

hawksdogsbraves
12-02-2014, 04:07 PM
Embarrassed at what? This franchise went to the playoffs like 3 seasons ago having won under 40 games. This franchise has had dog years meaning they were bad more than one, two seasons. You want to talk about being bad (not on purpose) having a good slot in the lottery then drafting a bum and doing it the following year? How about handing out bad contracts to scrubs? How about bad coaches? Bad front offices. The time before sixers drafted Allen Iverson was embarrassing. Trading charles Barkley for Jeff Hornacek Andrew Lang Tim Perry. Again say those three names to yourself. And people want me to be upset now because Hinkie unlike most GMs, teams was honest? And simply said we will be bad bad like real bad to start and what my plan is? It's not for the inpatient.

So I'm not impatient at this. I knew before last season ended we would stink this season. This bad? No, but I saw maybe 3-4 wins at this point. Outsiders can't fathom or comprehend why some of us are ok with it. But we have seen periods in sixers history where there was no hope, promise. At least with this plan you can sense that even if it backfires and we are stuck being bad or mediocre which we spent years being before Hinkies arrival.

I get all of that, and I have wished many times that the Hawks would just blow it up and tank and start over.

But it doesn't bother you in the slightest that the 2014/15 Philadelphia 76ers are probably going to be the worst team EVER? Tanking is great and all but it doesn't guarantee you anything. I don't see anyone on the Sixers roster who is a surefire future star. Like, I get what your'e doing but I feel like there should be some shame in the fact that your team is one of, if not THE worst of all time.

If you're at the point where bad seasons don't hurt, don't effect you at all, you can shrug them off like they're nothing and just wait for the possibility of a good year in 2019, then where's the real passion? Where's the fanhood? Losing should hurt, and that's why this whole tanking thing is getting out of hand.

Styles p
12-02-2014, 04:37 PM
josh harris won't care dudes worth like 5 billion dollars.

midatlantic09
12-02-2014, 05:00 PM
josh harris won't care dudes worth like 5 billion dollars.

Yea, seriously....the guy could probably receive $0 from the NBA/Sixers and still rake in $50+ million a year from other sources.

GOBB
12-04-2014, 10:23 PM
Minnesota

Rep me (sarcasm)

GOBB
02-03-2015, 10:49 PM
11-39 after starting 0-17.