PDA

View Full Version : Someone with more bball knowledge than me give me a rundown on the Clippers

theaussieguy
11-24-2014, 05:29 AM
I feel like they are not only underperforming but also regressing. CP3 is constantly lauded as the best PG in the game, if this is true why does he struggle with so many good players around him? (lets not turn this into a PG debate, i want some serious answers)

coin24
11-24-2014, 05:50 AM
Docs an overrated coach
CP3 is too passive
Looks like they barely run any plays, especially down the stretch just becomes Crawford isos:facepalm

Griffins become a jump shooter and DJ has become a non factor.
Barnes is finished

Thats about all i can think of for now:oldlol: But yeah in all the games ive seen them play so far this season theyve looked like complete shit

Fudge
11-24-2014, 05:58 AM
Too reliant on the extra pass in their offense. Ball movement is key, I know that, but sometimes you just got to have that one player you can pass it to and say hey, give me a bucket. The offense should be run by Griffin in the post. Every time. CP has been pretty passive. Barnes, Crawford, Redick shouldn't be taking as much shots as they are. They still don't have a reserve back up Center that can defend when DJ gets into foul trouble. Turkoglu should not be getting any minutes. Same with Farmar, and Hawes should stop chucking up 3 pointers on every trip down the floor.

I don't know, and tbh, don't see the greatness that others see in Doc. I think he's hella overrated. His rotations are shit and he fails to adjust in certain instances in games.

theaussieguy
11-24-2014, 06:02 AM
Docs an overrated coach
CP3 is too passive
Looks like they barely run any plays, especially down the stretch just becomes Crawford isos:facepalm

Griffins become a jump shooter and DJ has become a non factor.
Barnes is finished

Thats about all i can think of for now:oldlol: But yeah in all the games ive seen them play so far this season theyve looked like complete shit

thanks for the breakdown, it just really pisses me off how they have 2 of the most naturally gifted players in the league (DJ and Griffin) yet they underpeform so badly. This new generation smh, all they care about is their money

masonanddixon
11-24-2014, 06:45 AM
AA-hire coach
Only good players are Paul, Reddick, Blake, and DJ

bench is terrible.

JohnMax
11-24-2014, 07:04 AM
Outside of Griffin and Jordan, they are the least athletic team in NBA

retaxis
11-24-2014, 07:18 AM
They don't have the pieces to run good plays. They can run good hi-loe plays but that's it. Griffin cant win as a jump shooter and he doesn't fight hard enough for deep positions.

fourkicks44
11-24-2014, 09:43 AM
Perhaps it is not the rational or pragmatic answer. I'm not superstitious, but it is the Clippers bud. If you believe in destiny, surely it is theirs to never have success.

I will never forget 97 when the made the playoffs and I was like what? Always had a soft spot for them after that, especially cause they are not the lakers (being a Sixers fan). Even back then I think they underachieved. Props to the Polish Rifle though!

http://www.sdshof.com/uploads/products/medium/act_eric_piatkowski[1].jpg

andremiller07
11-24-2014, 09:46 AM
The interior D of Blake/Hawes and DJ is horrific as it gets, on top of that there SG's and SF's can't stay in front of anyone. Defensively you can pretty much destroy them every single way possible aside from attacking CP3 at the point.

fourkicks44
11-24-2014, 09:54 AM
thanks for the breakdown, it just really pisses me off how they have 2 of the most naturally gifted players in the league (DJ and Griffin) yet they underpeform so badly. This new generation smh, all they care about is their money

To be fair its not the generation or the money, DJ and Griffin just aren't that good.

masonanddixon
11-24-2014, 09:56 AM
The interior D of Blake/Hawes and DJ is horrific as it gets, on top of that there SG's and SF's can't stay in front of anyone. Defensively you can pretty much destroy them every single way possible aside from attacking CP3 at the point.

JJ is a good defender though. It's more Crawford who sucks on D

Vragrant
11-24-2014, 10:33 AM
Question,has Barnes ever hit an open shot?:oldlol: The
Way they use him as a spot up shooter makes no sense

tamaraw08
11-24-2014, 10:41 AM
Question,has Barnes ever hit an open shot?:oldlol: The
Way they use him as a spot up shooter makes no sense

Yeah, Barnes is just so limited out there and his defense is not that great either. Pulling him out in favor of Bullock or Crawford can improve their offense but mostly, I think it's thier defense.
I think its the "collective" effort, not doing the extra things, not winning that 50/50 ball, not diving for loose balls etc. If you compare the talent of Collison and Farmar, these dudes are pretty much the same but Darren hustles more.

iamgine
11-24-2014, 10:41 AM
Let me break it down for you.

Chris Paul has been his usual, stellar self.
JJ Redick has been terrible
Matt Barnes has been terrible
Blake Griffin has been terrible
Deandre Jordan has been okay

Jamal Crawford has been pretty good
Spencer Hawes has been meh
Jordan Farmar has been sh!t

Clippers depth is bad

Doc Rivers is Doc Rivers
Steve Ballmer has been awesome

Despite all that they have a winning record. Once Blake and Redick figure it out + they add some depth, they'll be contender once more.

qrich
11-24-2014, 12:47 PM
Blake Griffin is playing like a hormonal 13 year old girl. Won't go in the paint, rather chuck. Swear, dude's on estrogen pills or something.

JJ and Barnes can't hit water falling off the titanic.

Paul is passive, but still balling.

Jamal is Jamal, good games, shit games.

Jordan has been inconsistent.

Defense is non-existent. No offensive flow majority of the time.

Doc is just collecting $$$. Woodson is ass. Frank is ass.

Myth
11-24-2014, 01:06 PM
Clippers gonna Clipper

HOoopCityJones
11-24-2014, 01:07 PM
Idk anymore. We keep hearing how they run LA now yet they can't make it out the second round and I doubt that shit happens this year, West is better than last year if thats even possible.

Taller than CP3
11-24-2014, 01:09 PM
CP3 needs to average 30 and 10 just to win with this garbage ass team.

Blake needs to quit thinking he's the next Dirk.

Rolando
11-24-2014, 01:14 PM
Seems like their second unit doesn't work well together. I see Crawford just doing his own thing out there while other guys are calling for the ball.