PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One vs PS4 ????... a year later

unbreakable
11-24-2014, 04:00 PM
is it true you cant borrow games on xbox one?? WTF?

what do yall think? a year since they came out.. .which is better ?

Myth
11-24-2014, 04:07 PM

The first line is not true. I can't say which is better because I haven't played PS4 enough, but I love my XB1 and love the constant free games Microsoft gives us to play.

ItsMillerTime
11-24-2014, 04:13 PM
Pretty much got an XB1 solely to play Halo: Master Chief Collection. Two weeks later and the game still doesn't fvcking work. Microsoft is the worst.

~primetime~
11-24-2014, 04:23 PM
libraries still pretty small for each...

IMO it's kind of shame the way console games are made today...when I started making games in the 90s, we could make a game with just 20 or so devs. Today that can't be done, it takes 200 or so devs and years of dev time.

Anyone remember who ridiculously huge the library for PS1 was?...those days are long gone :(

5 years from now each console will have good size libraries, but that is a pretty long wait.

oarabbus
11-24-2014, 04:35 PM
Outside of a very very small number of good exclusives they are basically the same system

outbreak
11-24-2014, 05:53 PM
Outside of a very very small number of good exclusives they are basically the same system

Pretty much this. Xbox one has more exclusives right now which is why I got it first (I usually buy all the consoles, will get the ps4 next year sometime and already have a wii u, xbox one, vita and 3ds). Buy whatever your friends play on or buy whatever has the games you want more, the multi plats may be slightly better on ps4 but it isn't noticeable unless you are playing side by side.

Brujesino
11-24-2014, 05:56 PM
Pretty much got an XB1 solely to play Halo: Master Chief Collection. Two weeks later and the game still doesn't fvcking work. Microsoft is the worst.
Me too. IAm still playing ryse though which is decent.

I have both played them both about the same amount of time but i like the xb1 a little more.

ItsMillerTime
11-24-2014, 07:34 PM
Me too. IAm still playing ryse though which is decent.

I have both played them both about the same amount of time but i like the xb1 a little more.

Man I can understand a game having a bad launch day since their servers are being really stressed for the first time. But two whole fvcking weeks since launch and they STILL haven't figured it out? Unacceptable.

Brujesino
11-24-2014, 07:54 PM
Man I can understand a game having a bad launch day since their servers are being really stressed for the first time. But two whole fvcking weeks since launch and they STILL haven't figured it out? Unacceptable.
not only that they released a patch that didnt work

ItsMillerTime
11-24-2014, 08:04 PM
not only that they released a patch that didnt work

Lol yup. 1.5 GBs of.... what exactly? More bugs and glitches?

Thank you, Based 343i.

Micku
11-24-2014, 08:05 PM

They reverse that "you can't borrow games" on the Xbone cuz of the backlash and the potential sales lost they would have against the PS4.

Each system have its perks, but I would say the PS4 because it usually has the power to have games at a higher resolution and slightly better graphics. Like Dragon Age is only 720p on Xbone and it's at 1080p on PS4. It's going to be the same thing with the upcoming MGS5. So, multiplatform games usually run better on the PS4. You also might find games that run at 60fps on PS4 more than Xbone, however the new CoD runs better on the Xbone.

Xbone has better (imo) exclusives atm. I would say you should decide which console you want by what exclusive you want the most. Uncharted 4 (PS4) vs Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbone) next year.

With that said, the Wii U have better exclusives than both of them, but hardly any third party support.

rezznor
11-24-2014, 08:12 PM
http://kotaku.com/one-year-later-should-you-get-an-xbox-one-or-a-ps4-1661277664

http://bgr.com/2014/11/18/ps4-vs-xbox-one-one-year-later/

here are one year breakdowns for both consoles

As the first year of the new generation comes to a close, I have no choice but to adjust my recommendation from 2013. With Phil Spencer at the helm, the Xbox team has made a complete 180, giving gamers exactly what they want in the form of regularly scheduled updates and blockbuster games. The console is now as cheap as $350 as well, eliminating the biggest reason that the PS4 has maintained its lead.

The best home console available this holiday season is the Xbox One.

Draz
11-24-2014, 08:48 PM
I remember how badass gears of war graphics looked. Ps4 is great. I miss my xbox friends though. Made a few new ones but my hearts still with my old friends. Played many years with them. Ps4 needs more apps.

plowking
11-24-2014, 08:58 PM
They reverse that "you can't borrow games" on the Xbone cuz of the backlash and the potential sales lost they would have against the PS4.

Each system have its perks, but I would say the PS4 because it usually has the power to have games at a higher resolution and slightly better graphics. Like Dragon Age is only 720p on Xbone and it's at 1080p on PS4. It's going to be the same thing with the upcoming MGS5. So, multiplatform games usually run better on the PS4. You also might find games that run at 60fps on PS4 more than Xbone, however the new CoD runs better on the Xbone.

Xbone has better (imo) exclusives atm. I would say you should decide which console you want by what exclusive you want the most. Uncharted 4 (PS4) vs Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbone) next year.

I heard the PS4 has the ability to let you share games over the net now, and even play multiplayer with a friend despite not having the game while your friend does? Pretty cool if true.

From what I remember when they came out, they both had similar specs, why is the PS4 able to handle games so much better at better resolutions? Also I'm pretty sure the new Tomb Raider game is not exclusive to Xbox since my friend was saying something about pre-ordering it for PS4... Could be wrong about that though.

outbreak
11-24-2014, 08:59 PM

It's a joke. NBA2k had similar issues where online wouldn't work for weeks for some people (mine kept playing up for like 3 weeks). Too many games are releasing broken these days but at least some bigger games sites are publishing articles about it and actually calling developers out on it now.

Kungfro
11-24-2014, 09:00 PM
I haven't seen a single exclusive yet on either console that makes me want to pick one up.

Draz
11-24-2014, 09:09 PM
Yet the wii u just dropped super smash and that shit look amazing

enayes
11-24-2014, 10:29 PM
I haven't seen a single exclusive yet on either console that makes me want to pick one up.

same here, which is why I bought a PS3 instead

joe
11-24-2014, 11:47 PM
Wii U!

Draz
11-25-2014, 05:20 AM
Everyone's selling their next gen console for ps3s and 360s

Micku
11-25-2014, 05:32 AM
I heard the PS4 has the ability to let you share games over the net now, and even play multiplayer with a friend despite not having the game while your friend does? Pretty cool if true.

From what I remember when they came out, they both had similar specs, why is the PS4 able to handle games so much better at better resolutions? Also I'm pretty sure the new Tomb Raider game is not exclusive to Xbox since my friend was saying something about pre-ordering it for PS4... Could be wrong about that though.

It's cuz the PS4 have a better gpu, so that's why you'll see games on the PS4 that can handle 1080p and slightly better performance with frame rate at times.

And yeah, the PS4 does have the ability for you to share games over the net. I think it depends on the game tho?

The new Tomb Raider is exclusive the the Xbone as far as I know. It might go multiplatform later, but the Xbone will get it first. But anyway, I hope Tomb Raider will come out on the PC or PS4 as well. The reboot is pretty good.

The_Yearning
11-25-2014, 05:45 AM
Xbox has always had the edge with their controllers over the Playstation... and that alone is enough to put it over the top.

Draz
11-25-2014, 05:59 AM
I played xbox competitively and had ps3, the controller was the best in regards to microsofts edge. But now, the ps4 is a clear winner and believe me I never thought I'd say that.

So many dam console threads stick to one fckn thread

tomtucker
11-25-2014, 06:25 AM
:facepalm ...fukking losers and their video games......:facepalm ......real winners like me, spend their evenings working on their van.......getting the window tint right....not too bright, not too dark........and finding out what music the young kids today like...........and also taking care of your family, i often go upstairs to see how my mom is doing.............you guys are pathetic

Micku
11-25-2014, 07:33 AM
Yet the wii u just dropped super smash and that shit look amazing

Yeah. The Wii U got the best exclusives of any console now. Super Smash Bros. Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, Super Mario 3d World, The Wonderful 101, and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze.

The upcoming ones will be Star Fox, Zelda, and Xenoblade. Lots of awesome exclusives.

step_back
11-25-2014, 09:25 AM
I've got a PS4 and the console itself is good but like others have said there is an underwhelming amount of good games. The only games I own are The Last of us remastered and GTA V. Both PS3 games.

The Xbox 1 is also a good console. I wouldn't bother listening to fanboys who say this or that console is better. Most of the time it comes down to personal preference and what exclusives appeal to you.

So far neither console is really worth getting in my opinion. I should have waited because 2015 looks like the first year that's going to have a good amount of games designed with these consoles in mind.

Dragonyeuw
11-25-2014, 09:58 AM

That was one aspect of Microsoft's original vision for the One, being that you tied games to your account, which by default would eliminate any possibility of freely trading or selling games between other gamers. For example, if I loaned you one of my Xbone games, you would have been prompted to pay a fee in order to play. Suffice to say that didn't go over too well, and the idea along with several others was squashed due to major backlash. Ironically, the one's predecessor is the 360, they should have renamed the xbone 180 because that's what MS has done with pretty much their entire vision and strategy for the system. Their reveal in 2013 was so horrific that it probably sold more PS4s than xboxes lol.

As to the main topic, neither system impresses right now. I'm guessing that due to the high costs of last gen, the economy, etc, both MS and Sony opted for moderately spec'ed consoles which unfortunately are already woefully out of date compared to a decent gaming PC. By contrast, last gen at launch both the ps3 and 360 were pretty powerful and could hold their own against moderate gaming PCs.

The libraries are lacking for both right now, though if I had to give an edge it would be to the xbox. The problem is, already a few xbone exclusives have or are getting PC versions( dead rising 3, Ryse) and rumor has it that Sunset Overdrive is as well. If more and more exclusives migrate over to PC, it's going to make less and less sense to get an xbox. If the next halo and Gears of War get PC ports, forget about it.

PS4 is selling very well, but the library is a bit lacking. IMO Sony benefitted a ton from MS's 2013 reveal, they gained alot of 360 owners who opted to get a ps4 rather than a natural upgrade to the xbone. Bloodbourne is coming next March, which alot of people are waiting on, and Uncharted 4 looks crazy. Otherwise, there's no compelling reason to drop $400 on the system yet.

While you didn't mention it, the Wii U probably has the best library of exclusives, though third party support is minimal. If you like Mario/Zelda/Metroid, that may be an option for you and there are some other really good games like Wonderful 101, Donkey Kong Tropical freeze, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2( this game is awesome), Mario Kart 8, and Smash Bros has just released.

Dragonyeuw
11-25-2014, 10:02 AM
The new Tomb Raider is exclusive the the Xbone as far as I know. It might go multiplatform later, but the Xbone will get it first.

As far as I know it's a timed xbox one exclusive.

unbreakable
11-25-2014, 10:31 AM
so the controllers are basically equal now or is xbox still got the advantage?

also is halo enough reason to choose xbox over ps4? or does ps4 have a similar awesome multiplayer exclulsive to make up difference?

Relinquish
11-25-2014, 03:35 PM

Literally this. It's okay though, I have other games I can play in the meantime until it's fixed.

Relinquish
11-25-2014, 03:37 PM
I played xbox competitively and had ps3, the controller was the best in regards to microsofts edge. But now, the ps4 is a clear winner and believe me I never thought I'd say that.

So many dam console threads stick to one fckn thread

Apart from the bumpers, the Xbox One controller is FAR and away better. That said, the bumpers are fking terrible.

Myth
11-25-2014, 03:43 PM
Apart from the bumpers, the Xbox One controller is FAR and away better. That said, the bumpers are fking terrible.

What do you think is wrong with the bumpers? I have never noticed any issue with them.

Im Still Ballin
11-25-2014, 03:45 PM
Xbox has been king of the console for one reason...

Halo.

Timmy D for MVP
11-25-2014, 04:40 PM
Yeah. The Wii U got the best exclusives of any console now. Super Smash Bros. Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, Super Mario 3d World, The Wonderful 101, and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze.

The upcoming ones will be Star Fox, Zelda, and Xenoblade. Lots of awesome exclusives.

I don't understand why they didn't have the majority of these at launch. They are the only system with system sellers right now. They wouldn't have done so poorly if they were like: "Hey buy a Wii U we have all the games we know you want."

LJJ
11-25-2014, 04:42 PM
I don't understand why they didn't have the majority of these at launch. They are the only system with system sellers right now. They wouldn't have done so poorly if they were like: "Hey buy a Wii U we have all the games we know you want."

Wii U: out 2 years, has dank exclusives after a pretty meager first year and launch.

PS4+Xbone: out 1 year, doesn't have shit.

See where this is going. It takes a while to develop games.

outbreak
11-25-2014, 04:51 PM
Wii U: out 2 years, has dank exclusives after a pretty meager first year and launch.

The main issue with the wii u is the lack of multi plats. I've got a wii u but if you don't have another console or a gaming pc you are missing out on a huge portion of the games being released.

Draz
11-25-2014, 04:53 PM
The main issue with the wii u is the lack of multi plats. I've got a wii u but if you don't have another console or a gaming pc you are missing out on a huge portion of the games being released.
No one buys the wii u as a primary gaming console. It's more like a secondary machine. That said, I'm considering getting one but I hate the ****ing wii mote

Timmy D for MVP
11-25-2014, 05:11 PM

A company that relies heavily on exclusives, especially first party exclusives, has no excuse in not launching with at least one major title. The console released in 2012 and it's two biggest games came 2 years later. This isn't like the Xbone or PS4, Nintendo was directly in charge of developing their console and the biggest games for that console. The company knew full well what their development time was and should have been ready to go with system sellers at launch, or something to show the system off.

If either Mario Kart or Smash (but most likely Smash) was ready to go the Wii U would have done well.

outbreak
11-25-2014, 05:42 PM
No one buys the wii u as a primary gaming console. It's more like a secondary machine. That said, I'm considering getting one but I hate the ****ing wii mote

You don't have to use a wii mote. I use the gamepad most of the time, I thought I would hate it but I actually quite like it now. You can get classic style controllers as well for not too much cash.

Draz
11-25-2014, 05:45 PM
You don't have to use a wii mote. I use the gamepad most of the time, I thought I would hate it but I actually quite like it now. You can get classic style controllers as well for not too much cash.
The whole spending extra money just to rid the default controller is crazy. You know what I mean? I have wii motes but if the wiis controller was like the gc controller I'll be fine with the too. And the wiimote as an additional bonus.

LJJ
11-25-2014, 06:26 PM
A company that relies heavily on exclusives, especially first party exclusives, has no excuse in not launching with at least one major title. The console released in 2012 and it's two biggest games came 2 years later. This isn't like the Xbone or PS4, Nintendo was directly in charge of developing their console and the biggest games for that console. The company knew full well what their development time was and should have been ready to go with system sellers at launch, or something to show the system off.

If either Mario Kart or Smash (but most likely Smash) was ready to go the Wii U would have done well.

How do they do that though? It's not like Nintendo's studios aren't constantly running at capacity. To have a great first year on Wii U they have to:

- Launch the system a year, two years later.
or
-Scrap/Delay a bunch of big 3ds/Wii releases.

Neither of those options sound very acceptable from a Nintendo perspective. If you ask me they should have just scrapped the dumb tablet controller and release a system that's competitive with the others. No one who bought a Wii-U isn't going to buy that system, but you might catch a bunch of other consumers.

plowking
11-25-2014, 06:31 PM

No it isn't.

May have been the case for the PS3 and Xbox 360 since most people play shooters, but the PS4 controller has actually made it nice to play shooters now, while XBOX still continue to make a shitty directional pad which makes it terrible to play all fighting games and a select few other genres.

In terms of build and design, the PS4 controller wins hands down. Only thing holding it back is the terrible battery life.

outbreak
11-25-2014, 06:36 PM
The whole spending extra money just to rid the default controller is crazy. You know what I mean? I have wii motes but if the wiis controller was like the gc controller I'll be fine with the too. And the wiimote as an additional bonus.

The default controller is the gamepad though which I find is fine for me.

outbreak
11-25-2014, 06:39 PM
No it isn't.

May have been the case for the PS3 and Xbox 360 since most people play shooters, but the PS4 controller has actually made it nice to play shooters now, while XBOX still continue to make a shitty directional pad which makes it terrible to play all fighting games and a select few other genres.

In terms of build and design, the PS4 controller wins hands down. Only thing holding it back is the terrible battery life.

It's all preference though, I'm not a fan of the playstation controllers myself. I like the new one but it still feels awkward. Not sure how you can say it's better in terms of build either, nearly every playstation I play has ****ed up thumb sticks already and when I get my ps4 the first thing I'm doing is buying aftermarket covers. The joints also seem to slide apart after a short time aswell which can scratch your hand. I've got 5 friends who's PS4s I've played on and all but one of them have the same issues with their launch controller. Meanwhile mine and my other friends xbox one controllers haven't started wearing out at all. The ps4 controller is a massive improvement over last gens but I still prefer the xbox ones. Again though it'll come down to preference and what feels more comfortable in your hands as always.

outbreak
11-25-2014, 06:47 PM
How do they do that though? It's not like Nintendo's studios aren't constantly running at capacity. To have a great first year on Wii U they have to:

- Launch the system a year, two years later.
or
-Scrap/Delay a bunch of big 3ds/Wii releases.

Neither of those options sound very acceptable from a Nintendo perspective. If you ask me they should have just scrapped the dumb tablet controller and release a system that's competitive with the others. No one who bought a Wii-U isn't going to buy that system, but you might catch a bunch of other consumers.

From memory the snes had super mario and f-zero, 64 had mario 64 and pilotwings, game cube has luigis mansion, wii I guess had I think twilight princess. Nintendo have usually done well of launching with at least one big franchise entry. I think the wii u got an entry for the new super mario bros but for anyone who's had a ds/3ds they are already pretty stale and aren't really system sellers any more. They should have had a team working on mario kart, smash, mario 3d land, zelda, metroid or something to launch with. It's even more essential for the wii u because they must have known they didn't have big third party support to fill the holes and they knew any third party titles they did receive wouldn't be the best version due to their hardware. Scrapping the gamepad and trying to compete with xbox one and ps4 would have required delays and higher costs. They essentially wasted a one year window where they could have gotten more units into households and potentially convinced other companies to develop for their console since it would have had an established market base.

plowking
11-25-2014, 06:57 PM
It's all preference though, I'm not a fan of the playstation controllers myself. I like the new one but it still feels awkward. Not sure how you can say it's better in terms of build either, nearly every playstation I play has ****ed up thumb sticks already and when I get my ps4 the first thing I'm doing is buying aftermarket covers. The joints also seem to slide apart after a short time aswell which can scratch your hand. I've got 5 friends who's PS4s I've played on and all but one of them have the same issues with their launch controller. Meanwhile mine and my other friends xbox one controllers haven't started wearing out at all. The ps4 controller is a massive improvement over last gens but I still prefer the xbox ones. Again though it'll come down to preference and what feels more comfortable in your hands as always.

It is all preference, agreed, but everything is playable on the PS4 in terms of genres. XB1, you cannot play fighting games. It was bad with the 360 controller (worse than now), and it is still bad now.
I get that every game these days is essentially almost some sort of point and shoot, hence catering to fighting games isn't the most important thing, but it is nice to be able to play one comfortably since some of us still like playing Street Fighter, Tekken and what not.

outbreak
11-25-2014, 07:38 PM
It is all preference, agreed, but everything is playable on the PS4 in terms of genres. XB1, you cannot play fighting games. It was bad with the 360 controller (worse than now), and it is still bad now.
I get that every game these days is essentially almost some sort of point and shoot, hence catering to fighting games isn't the most important thing, but it is nice to be able to play one comfortably since some of us still like playing Street Fighter, Tekken and what not.

The xbox one is fine for fighters, not sure what you think the issue is. It's just as good as any other controller. I've played a bunch of killer instinct and so have millions of others on the xbox and it's fine? If you want to actually play fighters seriously though you want to get a third party fight stick anyway, I don't have one for my xbox and never had one for my previous gen consoles but I do for my pc and I have a mame arcade cabinet that runs all the classic fighters.

Dragonyeuw
11-25-2014, 08:02 PM

If they released most of these at launch, what would they have to release now? The system is getting hardly any third party support, its pretty much Nintendo keeping it afloat by themselves.