PDA

View Full Version : DeMar Derozan vs. Jimmy Butler

ThemBombs
11-25-2014, 01:09 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3978/demar-derozan

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6430/jimmy-butler

which 2-guard do you take? who would be the better piece for a championship-contending team?

JohnFreeman
11-25-2014, 01:10 AM
Butler, and anyone who says DeMar is an idiot.

Fudge
11-25-2014, 01:10 AM
Butler for both.

DirkNowitzki41
11-25-2014, 01:12 AM
If Butler's offensive game so far this season is legit, then you gotta go with him. Elite defender and can score :eek:

SugarHill
11-25-2014, 01:16 AM
Butler is certainly having a better season, thus far.

JebronLames
11-25-2014, 01:17 AM
Butler. I'd take jeremy lin over derozan.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-25-2014, 01:23 AM
Butler, and anyone who says DeMar is an idiot.
:applause:

JohnMax
11-25-2014, 01:28 AM
Derozan shutdown Lebron

hawksdogsbraves
11-25-2014, 01:31 AM
I'd take Butler, would like to see him do this over a full season before I really commit to it, but if I absolutely had to pick one right now I'd still go with Butler.

Derozan just really doesn't give you anything besides scoring.

GimmeThat
11-25-2014, 01:36 AM
I would probably pay Derozan more money than Bulter.

reason being I may be able to find what Butler provides from a veteran

where it's not as easy for a veteran to put up Derozan type number

hawksdogsbraves
11-25-2014, 01:46 AM
I would probably pay Derozan more money than Bulter.

reason being I may be able to find what Butler provides from a veteran

where it's not as easy for a veteran to put up Derozan type number

Yeah, it's much easier to find a vet who gives you 20/6/3.5 and elite defense than it is to find a guy who gives you 20/4.5/3 with average defense. I'd definitely shell out the big bucks for the measurably worse second player.

Swaggin916
11-25-2014, 02:02 AM
Gimme Butler all day he's an animal

dontgetchoked
11-25-2014, 02:11 AM
buckets. So far this season he's been an elite player on both ends. Locked down gordon hayward tonight and locked down derozan when we played toronto.

MP.Trey
11-25-2014, 11:05 AM
Butler is going to fall down to earth eventually this season and some people are going to be left looking silly. Give me DeRozan as a #1, Butler is at best a #2-3 guy on offense although I love his defense. Butler is a great piece for any championship contending team but DeRozan can single handedly win games from time to time and is a better option to build a team around imo.

hawksdogsbraves
11-25-2014, 11:48 AM
Butler is going to fall down to earth eventually this season and some people are going to be left looking silly. Give me DeRozan as a #1, Butler is at best a #2-3 guy on offense although I love his defense. Butler is a great piece for any championship contending team but DeRozan can single handedly win games from time to time and is a better option to build a team around imo.

You're going to build your team around a guy who averages 20/4/3 on 40% shooting?

The Raptors are going to fall back down to earth this season too. They've played great so far but they aren't world beaters.

ImKobe
11-25-2014, 11:51 AM
Butler obviously is the better player.

MP.Trey
11-25-2014, 12:18 PM
You're going to build your team around a guy who averages 20/4/3 on 40% shooting?

The Raptors are going to fall back down to earth this season too. They've played great so far but they aren't world beaters.
Over someone who averaged 13/5/2 last year on sub 40% shooting in similar minutes, why not?

I'd rather take the guy who has proven he can produce and lead a team to the playoffs as a 1 or 2 guy, who is in a slump but is still helping towards wins. As opposed to the guy who is playing out of his mind to start the season and his percentages will likely drop and fall back into the 16-18 ppg area as certain roles get established and such. Maybe I'm wrong but was anyone even considering Jimmy over DeRozan before the season began?

j3lademaster
11-25-2014, 02:01 PM
Butler easily. Even if Butler's numbers go down to 13/5/2 by the end of the season I'd take him over DeRozan in a heartbeat off defense alone.

DeRozan's one of those guys who are a detriment to the team when his shot's not falling, and even when he is hot he's not taking over games. Too much bad for not enough reward.

Only thing DeRozan has going for him is a good contract. 38m over 4 years for a gym rat who (albeit not likely, he's already 25) does have the natural gifts and work ethic for one more major jump in performance by the time his contract is up. But if these guys are coming off the same opportunity cost... Butler, hands down.

penny4president
11-25-2014, 02:17 PM
butler... he can play beter defense on Lebron

hawksdogsbraves
11-25-2014, 05:13 PM
Over someone who averaged 13/5/2 last year on sub 40% shooting in similar minutes, why not?

I'd rather take the guy who has proven he can produce and lead a team to the playoffs as a 1 or 2 guy, who is in a slump but is still helping towards wins. As opposed to the guy who is playing out of his mind to start the season and his percentages will likely drop and fall back into the 16-18 ppg area as certain roles get established and such. Maybe I'm wrong but was anyone even considering Jimmy over DeRozan before the season began?

Sure, I'd certainly want to see Butler do this for a full season, but I'll take Butler's upside over Derozan's rather pedestrian production that is probably capped out already.