PDA

View Full Version : All this Anthony Davis talk yet very few mention DeMarcus Cousins

Papaya Petee
11-25-2014, 11:01 PM
Yes, I know Anthony Davis is putting together a MONSTER season so far, and he's probably deserving all the hype he's getting, but very few are talking about how sick DeMarcus has been this season

23\12\2\2 on 52% while leading his team to (so far) a better record than the Pelicans, and it looks like he's on his way to outplay Davis for a 2nd time this year.

Now I'm not saying Cousins>Davis so far this season, but I do feel like they are on par and Cousins should get more credit.

Is it because he has a bad attitude? Is it because Davis is more flashy with the blocks? Is it because Davis is younger?

I've only watched 4 Kings and 3 Pelican games this regular season, so somebody tell me something I don't know.

hawksdogsbraves
11-25-2014, 11:03 PM
There are Boogie threads like every day dude

CJ Mustard
11-25-2014, 11:04 PM
They are not on par....at all. Demarcus is great, but so far AD is having a season on par with some of the GOAT PF's peaks. He's already the greatest shotblocker ever at that position. Demarcus is an all star, while Davis is on pace to be an all time great.

comerb
11-25-2014, 11:06 PM
Is it because he has a bad attitude? Is it because Davis is more flashy with the blocks? Is it because Davis is younger?

He's just not as good as AD.

Magic731
11-25-2014, 11:07 PM
Yes, I know Anthony Davis is putting together a MONSTER season so far, and he's probably deserving all the hype he's getting, but very few are talking about how sick DeMarcus has been this season

23\12\2\2 on 52% while leading his team to (so far) a better record than the Pelicans, and it looks like he's on his way to outplay Davis for a 2nd time this year.

Now I'm not saying Cousins>Davis so far this season, but I do feel like they are on par and Cousins should get more credit.

I've only watched 4 Kings and 3 Pelican games this regular season, so somebody tell me something I don't know.
Where have you been this season? Cousins has been one of the bigger talking points on this board the last few weeks.

notatop29pg
11-25-2014, 11:11 PM
Yeah pretty sure theres been plenty of Cousins threads.

He's very impressive, and a completely different player to AD as well.

KyrieTheFuture
11-25-2014, 11:35 PM
He outplays AD because he has like 100 pounds on him, he's way stronger

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-25-2014, 11:36 PM
The best big man in the league is b/w him and Marc Gasol

nba_55
11-25-2014, 11:37 PM
They are not on par....at all. Demarcus is great, but so far AD is having a season on par with some of the GOAT PF's peaks. He's already the greatest shotblocker ever at that position. Demarcus is an all star, while Davis is on pace to be an all time great.

Empty stats. Cousins is doing much better with a similar supporting cast.

nba_55
11-25-2014, 11:38 PM
:facepalm

Paul George 24
11-25-2014, 11:39 PM
He's just not as good as AD.

cousins has shaq potential >>>>>>>> davis's ceiling :no:

Paul George 24
11-25-2014, 11:40 PM

so can taLK this to shaq :lol

ElPigto
11-25-2014, 11:42 PM
Empty stats. Cousins is doing much better with a similar supporting cast.

:biggums: Their records are not even that different!!! Davis team has 6 losses, while Cousins only has 5 lol. I haven't checked SOS or anything, but Davis team has also been getting all types of injuries, although it seems like now the Kings are going through the injury bug as well.

Collie
11-25-2014, 11:42 PM
I see DMC threads every day, but we already knew how good he was last year.

Paul George 24
11-25-2014, 11:58 PM
:biggums: Their records are not even that different!!! Davis team has 6 losses, while Cousins only has 5 lol. I haven't checked SOS or anything, but Davis team has also been getting all types of injuries, although it seems like now the Kings are going through the injury bug as well.

cousins ceiling >>>>>>>>>>>> davis :banana:

CJ Mustard
11-26-2014, 12:03 AM
Davis' floor >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Paul George's ceiling.

TheMilkyBarKid
11-26-2014, 12:07 AM
Both are awesome, appreciate both.
I say davis will end up with the better career, but I boogie is my favorite of the 2.

bdreason
11-26-2014, 12:13 AM
I've already called Cousins an MVP candidate in multiple threads. He even has his own ISH trolls now... that's when you know you've arrived.

SugarHill
11-26-2014, 12:24 AM
:roll: :roll:

La Frescobaldi
11-26-2014, 12:27 AM
Davis' floor >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Paul George's ceiling.
harsh :lol

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-26-2014, 12:29 AM
the amount of > is excessive but saying Cousins ceiling is higher is not a stretch

3ball
11-26-2014, 01:21 AM
for one, davis is not a good 1-on-1 post defender.

and for some reason people like today's game where the bigs are D-and-dunk... all they do is finish plays.

cousins is a throw back - real offensive skill to make a move on a defender and score ON the defender - no need for a bunch of open shots or play-finishes to have a big game.

back in the day, there were at least a dozen bigs with offensive skill as good or better than cousins... but in today's game, cousins is the only one.

Paul George 24
11-26-2014, 01:22 AM

ad is just another kelvin love :banana:

Paul George 24
11-26-2014, 01:23 AM

no one cares about pg13 :lol

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-26-2014, 01:23 AM
for one, davis is not a good 1-on-1 post defender.

and for some reason people like today's game where the bigs are D-and-dunk... all they do is finish plays.

cousins is a throw back - real offensive skill to make a move on a defender and score ON the defender - no need for a bunch of open shots or play-finishes to have a big game.

back in the day, there were at least a dozen bigs with offensive skill as good or better than cousins... but in today's game, cousins is the only one.

What...........Dirk, Aldridge, Taj, Al Jeff? Love last year did but he isnt getting the opportunities now.......
cousins is the only center prolly except maybe Marc. actually pekovic has moves

Paul George 24
11-26-2014, 01:24 AM
harsh :lol

cousins could be a worse version of shaq in his prime still way higher than ad :lol

Paul George 24
11-26-2014, 01:26 AM
Both are awesome, appreciate both.
I say davis will end up with the better career, but I boogie is my favorite of the 2.

davis is a stat paddar like love :lol

3ball
11-26-2014, 01:35 AM
What...........Dirk, Aldridge, Taj, Al Jeff? Love last year did but he isnt getting the opportunities now.......
cousins is the only center prolly except maybe Marc. actually pekovic has moves
great, you just named 4 guys and then had to resort to Pekovic, since he "has some moves"...

do you realize how pathetic this is compared to previous eras?

(btw, i don't count Love - half his shot attempts are threes - he's a like a 6'10", fat 3-and-D player... if you want to count him, fine, but that's still only 6 guys total).

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-26-2014, 01:37 AM
great, you just named 4 guys and then had to resort to Pekovic, since he "has some moves"...

(btw, i don't count Love - half his shot attempts are threes - he's a like a 6'10", fat 3-and-D player... if you want to count him, fine, but that's still only 6 guys total).
its def a sht era for big men............but u sayin DMC was the only one that can hang in the 80s w/ post moves is a lie.

Dirk used to clown prime Timmy and KG from the post he would dominate in any era. his post game is still elite

sportjames23
11-26-2014, 02:12 AM
There are Boogie threads like every day dude

This.

KyrieTheFuture
11-26-2014, 02:27 AM

Are you ****ing serious. Did you just call Kevin Love an anything-and-D player? D should never be anywhere near his name.

La Frescobaldi
11-26-2014, 03:06 AM

Loves post game is among the best I've ever seen.
But nah there's more guys, Dirk, Aldridge, Taj, Al Jefferson & Love like he said but also Brook Lopez, David West, Garnett is old now but still very recent greatness, Duncan, Z Bo, both Gasol brothers, Cousins himself, and yeah, don't underestimate Pekovic offense, his post game is elite by any standard. Too bad about his ankles which are glass, like a Thurmond / Reed / Walton level of always-injured... because when he can play his offense is an awesome stroke of power.

That is more than a baker's dozen of players right there that would give any era a run in terms of that area of post offense.
I grew up watching Wilt & those guys, Kareem and Lanier and all through there... to me today's level of play in the paint is very high indeed.

Of course a lot of it you could say is the girlie rules of defense and there's no denying stern has wrecked the game utterly in that regard. But the pure skills of down on the block guys is stratosphere good today!!
:rockon:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-26-2014, 03:15 AM
Loves post game is among the best I've ever seen.
But nah there's more guys, Dirk, Aldridge, Taj, Al Jefferson & Love like he said but also Brook Lopez, David West, Garnett is old now but still very recent greatness, Duncan, Z Bo, both Gasol brothers, Cousins himself, and yeah, don't underestimate Pekovic offense, his post game is elite by any standard. Too bad about his ankles which are glass, like a Thurmond / Reed / Walton level of always-injured... because when he can play his offense is an awesome stroke of power.

That is more than a baker's dozen of players right there that would give any era a run in terms of that area of post offense.
I grew up watching Wilt & those guys, Kareem and Lanier and all through there... to me today's level of play in the paint is very high indeed.

Of course a lot of it you could say is the girlie rules of defense and there's no denying stern has wrecked the game utterly in that regard. But the pure skills of down on the block guys is stratosphere good today!!
:rockon:

those names good too.............
u grew up watching wilt:biggums: :biggums: u trollin?:biggums:

La Frescobaldi
11-26-2014, 03:29 AM
those names good too.............
u grew up watching wilt:biggums: :biggums: u trollin?:biggums:

no man I remember the legends all right. Old gray haired fool nowadays lol but I do love ball
I remember hoops from those high school days better than later years. Like '80s what I recall is sharp only around the Lakers & Celtics due to busy life y'know? Sixers of course.
But the early days was crazy amounts of fun, car full of girls in the back seat, windows down and radio blasting.... Jerry West was the biggest star prolly, and Willis Reed was huge in the cities. I was Knicks fan and to this day Clyde is my favorite player.

oarabbus
11-26-2014, 03:42 AM

Demarcus would shit on the league in the 90s except maybe Shaq, Hakeem and a couple others. No joke. He's completely restrained by today's rules, if he was allowed to play real bully ball it would be game over.

Im Still Ballin
11-26-2014, 04:22 AM
He gets talked about more these days, but I really am the only poster who does talk about him. Outside of myself and a few of the Kings fans on this board, Boogie never is really talked about. It just seems like a lot because I post 2-3 threads a day in relation to him.

Dave3
11-26-2014, 05:40 AM
1. Lots of people are talking about Cousins.

2. Davis is a better player than Cousins. Team record is about as valuable here as comparing Kobe and LeBron in 2007. One has had a healthy team that's more cohesive, and one has a couple of guards (and Tyreke) who struggle to get him the ball in good position, and Tyreke doesn't understand what a fast break pass is. One is anchoring a defense as effectively as we've seen in a long time, the other one is a good defensive player, but not on the same level. The more "skilled" one is averaging less points on a worse percentage. Talk all you want about Davis not being as skilled, but he's got a solid jumper and is very good off the dribble and posting up with that jumper. Does he have better footwork yet? No, but footwork isn't the only "skill" a big man is supposed to have, and for some reason a certain group of posters like to obsess over these types of things over production.

3. Like already mentioned, Davis is both younger, and in an earlier stage of his career in terms of years played. That shows that he has more potential, especially when he's outplaying the guy who's 3 years older. Davis also has much better size, which also gives him an advantage physically. Players fill out all the time, none of them grow taller and get longer arms.

4. Davis is putting up special stats. Regardless of your view on how reflective stats are of games, you can't ignore the fact that one of these players is putting up numbers that haven't been done in over 2 decades. Even when he comes back to earth, he's likely to have the best statline for a big man in the last 15-20 years. That's special in and of its own right.

andremiller07
11-26-2014, 08:05 AM
Nah man he's more skilled on offense and he makes players around him better due to the fact you have to foul/double team and he's got way better play making ability. Cousins skills >>> his size. Teams this year have been playing zone against the Kings to take the ball away from Cousins which makes players like Mclemore/Collison/Gay/Casspi all better cause now they got tons of room to operate in.

It's hilarious when the Pelicans beat the Kings every headline was how Davis outplayed (which he didn't) Cousins yet when it's the other way around not a god damn peep.

AD has his entire career struggled against Jason Thompson even in the game where he dropped 28 (90% which were on spoon feeds) JT was out of the game, dude shut's down Davis everytime he's on him.