PDA

View Full Version : Why is Cousins dominating Davis?

305Baller
11-26-2014, 12:33 AM
What is it about this matchup that Cousins is consistently getting the upper hand?

Is it a team-related result or is it straight up head to head dominance by Cousins?

Apparently, Cousins is the best center in the league.

Glass Ankles
11-26-2014, 12:34 AM
Davis is still too skinny, Cousins is a big bully. Obvious why he dominates.

CJ Mustard
11-26-2014, 12:41 AM
They don't guard each other. Davis has shit teammates. /thread

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-26-2014, 12:42 AM
Cousins is physical dominant, far tougher, and doesnt get the majority of his impact from offball cuts/lobs/transition.

did u see what cousins did to duncan a lil while ago? I havent seen Duncan dominated like that since prime Shaq
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0u-wBfu9R8

outbreak
11-26-2014, 12:44 AM
They don't match up on each other? Try watching the games. Cousins is also older and has been in the league longer. He's bigger. Davis is skinny and has a different game style that does't rely as much on power and bulk. Which is why the pelicans try and put a bigger body on Cousins when they play.

Fudge
11-26-2014, 12:45 AM
Lol, Asik defends Cousins almost every time. :hammerhead:

CJ Mustard
11-26-2014, 12:46 AM
Cousins is physical dominant, far tougher, and doesnt get the majority of his impact from offball cuts/lobs/transition.

did u see what cousins did to duncan a lil while ago? I havent seen Duncan dominated like that since prime Shaq
Duncan is pushing 40. It would be concerning if Cousins in his prime didn't dominate him.

Shaq never really dominated Duncan either. They played each other pretty even.

305Baller
11-26-2014, 12:51 AM
Duncan is pushing 40. It would be concerning if Cousins in his prime didn't dominate him.

Shaq never really dominated Duncan either. They played each other pretty even.

I thought you ended the thread. :oldlol:

masonanddixon
11-26-2014, 12:52 AM
Didn't Marc creampie Cousins?

Paul George 24
11-26-2014, 01:06 AM

excuse

3ball
11-26-2014, 01:16 AM
What is it about this matchup that Cousins is consistently getting the upper hand?

Is it a team-related result or is it straight up head to head dominance by Cousins?

Apparently, Cousins is the best center in the league.
out of all the centers itl, cousins is by FAR the most skilled offensive player.

actually, he's the ONLY big man in the league period (including PF's) that has elite offensive skill - he would definitely be a solid player in the 80's.

he's old school in that way - real skill - the ability to both make the move, and then score ON a defender, just like guys had to do as a standard back in the day - he doesn't need to get a bunch of open shots and play-finishes to have a big scoring game.

cousins is a great example of what would happen to Davis routinely in previous eras, where there were literally at least a dozen big men as offensively skilled as Cousins or better.

but in today's game, davis is used to other bigs just play-finishing like he does, and his defensive game is suited for that type of play - davis is not a good post defender.

Droid101
11-26-2014, 01:39 AM
Kind of like how Deron Williams always used to dominate Chris Paul in head to heads, even though Chris Paul was the superior player by every metric.

Some dudes are just bad match ups.

Davis is a better player.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-26-2014, 01:42 AM
Kind of like how Deron Williams always used to dominate Chris Paul in head to heads, even though Chris Paul was the superior player by every metric.

Some dudes are just bad match ups.

Davis is a better player.
I dunno about that, CP still beat Deron in almost every category
DMC is a much better passer and rebounder than Davis and actually runs his teams offense.

Droid101
11-26-2014, 01:56 AM
I dunno about that, CP still beat Deron in almost every category
DMC is a much better passer and rebounder than Davis and actually runs his teams offense.
lol

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-26-2014, 02:00 AM
lol
:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:
r u saying davis is a better rebounder or passer than DMC? see the games Davis is almost always playing offball.......and hes not affecting defenses like DMC does

KyrieTheFuture
11-26-2014, 02:22 AM
lol
DMC is an undeniably better passer, and offensive player. Davis is way better at defense and rebounding though idk wtf he's talking about

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-26-2014, 02:32 AM
DMC is an undeniably better passer, and offensive player. Davis is way better at defense and rebounding though idk wtf he's talking about
How is davis better at rebounding:biggums:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-26-2014, 02:33 AM
Yeah davis instead got shut down by Jason Thompson:lol :lol :lol

sportjames23
11-26-2014, 02:37 AM
Didn't Marc creampie Cousins?

:biggums:

KyrieTheFuture
11-26-2014, 02:40 AM
How is davis better at rebounding:biggums:
UHHHHHHHHHHHHHH maybe because he still averages an absurd amount of rebounds next to another double digit rebounder? I would say they're equal maybe slight edge to Davis but come on dude, DMC is probably my favorite player but be real

sportjames23
11-26-2014, 02:46 AM

You see that reporter interviewing him at the end? Kayte Christensen I believe her name is. Used to play in the WNBA, but she was one of the fine ones.

http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/diddydatazz2.png

coin24
11-26-2014, 02:53 AM
DMC beasting:bowdown:

So Davis has shit teammates? How does Cousins have it any better?:lol

hawksdogsbraves
11-26-2014, 02:56 AM
DMC beasting:bowdown:

So Davis has shit teammates? How does Cousins have it any better?:lol

I realize he didn't play today, but Rudy Gay has been really good this season. I agree that the Kings and Pelicans supporting casts are pretty similar though.

oarabbus
11-26-2014, 03:08 AM

That chick at the end comes up to Demarcus' eyes :biggums:

I'm sure she's wearing heels but she's at least 6'6" in the vid

SpanishACB
11-26-2014, 08:38 AM

is this a joke? Duncan doesn't even defend him in that clip

andremiller07
11-26-2014, 08:39 AM
I realize he didn't play today, but Rudy Gay has been really good this season. I agree that the Kings and Pelicans supporting casts are pretty similar though.
Because of Cousins......

Plus Cousins never shut down AD, Thompson has been killing him since he came into the NBA anytime he's on him.

Tyreke Evans looked better with his last season on the Kings (with Isaiah Thomas being a hog) than he's ever looked with AD. Dude shot 48% scoring 15 points (while attempting 3 less shots than now) which is down to 40% with Davis all while playing 3 less mins.

Im Still Ballin
11-26-2014, 08:46 AM
JT is an underrated defender this season

if i remember correctly he shutdown blake and aldridge as well this season

andremiller07
11-26-2014, 08:49 AM
JT is an underrated defender this season

if i remember correctly he shutdown blake and aldridge as well this season
Don't think he shut down LMA, LMA killed us in the first 3 quarter than surprisingly got shut down by Landry in the 4th. JT has completely shutdown Faried x2/Griffin/Duncan/Davis and Taj Gibson/Noah so far.

JT gets raped by stretch 4's but post up/hustle guys he's been stomping this year.

ProfessorMurder
11-26-2014, 09:05 AM
out of all the centers itl, cousins is by FAR the most skilled offensive player.

actually, he's the ONLY big man in the league period (including PF's) that has elite offensive skill - he would definitely be a solid player in the 80's.
Yeah Big Al has no offensive game at all.

dunksby
11-26-2014, 09:09 AM
Cousins is a great mix of strength and finesse, very rare these days, I love watching this guy play basketball.