PDA

View Full Version : Melo is not a top 15 player in the league

JohnMax
11-26-2014, 11:11 AM
He is probably a top 15 talent but having top 15 talent does not equate to being a top 15 player.

Richesly
11-26-2014, 11:28 AM
He's having his worse season, after having his best paycheck.

pastis
11-26-2014, 11:42 AM

last 10 games he is shooting 51.7% 25.0ppg 6.7reb 2.6ass

imnew09
11-26-2014, 11:44 AM
Shouldve came to tge Lakers or gone to the Bulls

CHi1PriDe
11-26-2014, 12:41 PM
Shouldve came to tge Lakers or gone to the Bulls

It's a blessing the Bulls didn't get to sign him, we can't afford to have another injury prone player that's on a max contract. We need our cap space for butler.

Richesly
11-26-2014, 01:07 PM
last 10 games he is shooting 51.7% 25.0ppg 6.7reb 2.6ass

My fault then. When Hawks played the Knicks back to back, he was averaging like 19 ppg on 40% shooting. He's definitely back in rhythm.

penny4president
11-26-2014, 01:36 PM
here's my current top 15

1. A.D
2. Curry
3. LBJ
4. DMC
5. M. Gasol
6. Lamarcus Aldrige
7. Klay Thompson
8. James Harden
9. Chris Bosh
10. Jimmy Jordan
11. Griffin
12. CP3
13. Derozan
14. Kobe
15. Big Al

KyrieTheFuture
11-26-2014, 01:50 PM
Straight up moronic thing to say

Fudge
11-26-2014, 01:52 PM
Weak bastard just single handedly made me lose fantasy this year. Motherf*cker better man the f*ck up, and play through those back spasms like JR did. Fat shit.

r15mohd
11-26-2014, 01:52 PM
here's my current top 15

1. A.D
2. Curry
3. LBJ
4. DMC
5. M. Gasol
6. Lamarcus Aldrige
7. Klay Thompson
8. James Harden
9. Chris Bosh
10. Jimmy Jordan
11. Griffin
12. CP3
13. Derozan
14. Kobe
15. Big Al

this list is horrible :facepalm

Fudge
11-26-2014, 02:05 PM
That's actually not a bad list at all. You're just salty because Davis and Curry are ahead of Bron, as they should be. :oldlol:

Only things I would do is replace Jefferson with Lillard, and DeRozan with Lowry. Otherwise, looks good.

ThatCoolKid
11-26-2014, 02:22 PM

He's turned his sights to improving his legacy outside of basketball after getting paid. He's given up on becoming great within basketball because he knows he isn't good enough :lol

penny4president
11-26-2014, 02:38 PM
dude... who's your top 15 right now.. :coleman:

r15mohd
11-26-2014, 02:41 PM
That's actually not a bad list at all. You're just salty because Davis and Curry are ahead of Bron, as they should be. :oldlol:

Only things I would do is replace Jefferson with Lillard, and DeRozan with Lowry. Otherwise, looks good.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

no mention of Dwight
John Wall over Kobe, for certain...again the list is horrible!

Fudge
11-26-2014, 02:46 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

no mention of Dwight
John Wall over Kobe, for certain...again the list is horrible!
Dwight's missed 4 games already and is about to miss his 5th game tonight. He'd probably be at the tail end of the Top 15 on most.

And you're right about Wall. But other than that, the list is good. I don't know what you're cryin' about.

r15mohd
11-26-2014, 02:53 PM
Dwight's missed 4 games already and is about to miss his 5th game tonight. He'd probably be at the tail end of the Top 15 on most.

And you're right about Wall. But other than that, the list is good. I don't know what you're cryin' about.

Dwight has a good enough sample size to be in the top top 10
Kobe is in yet no Melo? definitely Wall and Melo before Kobe, even Rudy Gay before Kobe.
Gasol over Big Al for me, both atop of Kobe due to impact alone

Fudge
11-26-2014, 02:58 PM
Dwight has a good enough sample size to be in the top top 10
Kobe is in yet no Melo? definitely Wall and Melo before Kobe, even Rudy Gay before Kobe.
Gasol over Big Al for me, both atop of Kobe due to impact alone
So you're basically calling his list terrible because Kobe, alone, is on it? :rolleyes: I see your agenda now, boy.

r15mohd
11-26-2014, 03:00 PM
So you're basically calling his list terrible because Kobe, alone, is on it? :rolleyes: I see your agenda now, boy.

what agenda? the team sucks, and he chucking away. his impact is low compared to others.

everything is not about Kobe all the time, as you stans love to make :rolleyes: :facepalm

Fudge
11-26-2014, 03:05 PM
what agenda? the team sucks, and he chucking away. his impact is low compared to others.

everything is not about Kobe all the time, as you stans love to make :rolleyes: :facepalm
But, you made it about Kobe. :biggums:

And i'm far from a stan. Just telling it how I see it. Dudes are playing subpar to start the year, while Kobe is playing out of his mind, at his age and all the mileage he's put in. Dwight's definitely been playing below his standards, so has Melo. Certainly arguable to have those guys above Kobe, but at the same time, I don't mind where he's listed at all.

Optimus Prime
11-26-2014, 03:10 PM
He got paid for the next 5 years so he doesn't have to try any more. He should have gone to Chicago or LA, but he chose money.

This Knicks season is :oldlol: anyway. Maybe next year.

JT123
11-26-2014, 03:42 PM
here's my current top 15

1. A.D
2. Curry
3. LBJ
4. DMC
5. M. Gasol
6. Lamarcus Aldrige
7. Klay Thompson
8. James Harden
9. Chris Bosh
10. Jimmy Jordan
11. Griffin
12. CP3
13. Derozan
14. Kobe
15. Big Al
Kobe doesn't belong in the top 50. All he is doing this season is chucking the Lakers out of games and stat padding in blow outs.

r15mohd
11-26-2014, 03:46 PM
But, you made it about Kobe. :biggums:

And i'm far from a stan. Just telling it how I see it. Dudes are playing subpar to start the year, while Kobe is playing out of his mind, at his age and all the mileage he's put in. Dwight's definitely been playing below his standards, so has Melo. Certainly arguable to have those guys above Kobe, but at the same time, I don't mind where he's listed at all.

i didn't make it about Kobe...I made it about players who deserve to be in before him. he's currently leading his team to the 2nd worst record in the league, yet he needs to be ranked in the top 15? he could be averaging 50pts a game for all I care, you don't get ranked high if you're highlight is all selfish attributes IMO. exactly why the OP has Melo as a not top 15 player, don;t give exception to Kobe because he's averaging a couple more points yet has a worse record :rolleyes: :facepalm

Fudge
11-26-2014, 03:51 PM
i didn't make it about Kobe...I made it about players who deserve to be in before him. he's currently leading his team to the 2nd worst record in the league, yet he needs to be ranked in the top 15? he could be averaging 50pts a game for all I care, you don't get ranked high if you're highlight is all selfish attributes IMO. exactly why the OP has Melo as a not top 15 player, don;t give exception to Kobe because he's averaging a couple more points yet has a worse record :rolleyes: :facepalm
You think Melo has a spot reserved on this list or something, but truth be told, he's been playing BELOW his standards this season. How do you not get that? Over 4 less points compared to last year, less than 2+ boards, less steals, blocks, FT%. Nobody expected Kobe to play like this. I sure as hell didn't.

Hell, i'd even give him full credit for the 3 Laker wins with that god awful roster. Context, guy. Use it.

r15mohd
11-26-2014, 03:59 PM
You think Melo has a spot reserved on this list or something, but truth be told, he's been playing BELOW his standards this season. How do you not get that? Over 4 less points compared to last year, less than 2+ boards, less steals, blocks, FT%. Nobody expected Kobe to play like this. I sure as hell didn't.

Hell, i'd even give him full credit for the 3 Laker wins with that god awful roster. Context, guy. Use it.

Lakers won when Kobe didn't chuck...there's context for yah :rolleyes: he's out of his mind to his stans, he's playing poorly to realists.

Fudge
11-26-2014, 04:02 PM
Lakers won when Kobe didn't chuck...there's context for yah :rolleyes: he's out of his mind to his stans, he's playing poorly to realists.
The Houston and Charlotte games say otherwise, playboy.

boldarblood
11-26-2014, 04:03 PM

For someone who states it's not about Kobe you really do make it about him. And I am not saying he belongs or not, let us not forget NBA is a team sport, I believe that using a team w/l record should not be a big factor. A player should be evaluated based on there own merit. From an outside perspective it definitely comes across as an agenda, thus making any point you are trying to make weak and pathetic.

MellowYellow
11-26-2014, 04:08 PM
His raw #'s are down because of the equal opportunity offense. But as far as efficiency goes, he is having his best season yet. Averaging 23 and 7 on 60% shooting in his last 5 games. :facepalm I swear people just love to hate on Melo, whether he is doing well or not. The knicks are 17 pts per 100 possessions worse with Melo off the floor. He literally got backspasms trying to carry this team on his back.

r15mohd
11-26-2014, 07:49 PM
The Houston and Charlotte games say otherwise, playboy.

The ball was shared more

Houston:
Shaggy -15 shots
Boozer - 15 shots
Hill -12 shots

Hornets:
Boozer - 11 shots
Hill - 12 shots
Lin - 12 shots
Davis went 5-5

Like you said, context...once Kobe is involving his teammates more, better things happen. Hero ball has never worked and will NEVER work!!!

r15mohd
11-26-2014, 07:52 PM
For someone who states it's not about Kobe you really do make it about him. And I am not saying he belongs or not, let us not forget NBA is a team sport, I believe that using a team w/l record should not be a big factor. A player should be evaluated based on there own merit. From an outside perspective it definitely comes across as an agenda, thus making any point you are trying to make weak and pathetic.

Wrong... It's not about Kobe because there are more impactful talent in the league than him. Just because he is the common denominator, doesn't mean it's about it

If you want to base a player on their own merit, choose golf or tennis. When you talk basketball, team play comes into it. And here's the double standard for you, and I know the back-pedal will come, if you truly believed own merit, then kobe is not as great as he had SHAQ to assist him for a good chunk of his career :rolleyes:

I too can combat your rhetoric :no:

PsychoBe
11-26-2014, 07:53 PM
The ball was shared more

Houston:
Shaggy -15 shots
Boozer - 15 shots
Hill -12 shots

Hornets:
Boozer - 11 shots
Hill - 12 shots
Lin - 12 shots
Davis went 5-5

Like you said, context...once Kobe is involving his teammates more, better things happen. Hero ball has never worked and will NEVER work!!!

this nikka :roll: :roll: :roll:

if kobe's team made all the shots they were supposed to all of the time, they'd be at least .500. but they don't. because they suck. even a dumbass can drop a clever turd once in awhile.

Lebronxrings
11-26-2014, 11:47 PM
knicks played great without melo. Ball was actually moving.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-26-2014, 11:50 PM
here's my current top 15

1. A.D
2. Curry
3. LBJ
4. DMC
5. M. Gasol
6. Lamarcus Aldrige
7. Klay Thompson
8. James Harden
9. Chris Bosh
10. Jimmy Jordan
11. Griffin
12. CP3
13. Derozan
14. Kobe
15. Big Al
:oldlol:

MellowYellow
11-27-2014, 12:17 AM
knicks played great without melo. Ball was actually moving.
It has been moving, Knicks only had 21 assists today... but have had multiple 30 assist games with Melo on the team. The only reason the knicks were in the game was because Dallas was 4-31 from 3, not like they were well defended 3's either they just weren't hittin.