PDA

View Full Version : Bleacherrport: Top 5 players at each position so far. (11/25.)

Duggrr
11-26-2014, 05:57 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2279540-top-5-nba-players-at-every-position-so-far

Point Guard:
5. John Wall
4. Damian Lillard
3. Kyle Lowry
2. Chris Paul
1. Stephen Curry

Shooting Guard:
5. Monta Ellis
4. Dwayne Wade
3. Jimmy Butler
2. Klay Thompson
1. James Harden

Small Forward:
5. Tobias Harris
4. Carmelo Anthony
3. Rudy Gay
2. Gordon Hayward
1. LeBron James

Power Forward:
5. Greg Monroe
4. Pau Gasol
3. LaMarcus Aldridge
2. Dirk Nowitzki
1. Anthony Davis

Center:
5. Nikola Vucevic
4. Chris Bosh
3. Dwight Howard
2. Marc Gasol
1. DeMarcus Cousins

Dirk over LMA, Monroe over Griffin and Rudy Gay/Gordon Hayward were the only ones that really alarmed me. Besides that, I think it's a decent list. The top 3 centers are all interchangeable IMO.

DMAVS41
11-26-2014, 06:01 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2279540-top-5-nba-players-at-every-position-so-far

Point Guard:
5. John Wall
4. Damian Lillard
3. Kyle Lowry
2. Chris Paul
1. Stephen Curry

Shooting Guard:
5. Monta Ellis
4. Dwayne Wade
3. Jimmy Butler
2. Klay Thompson
1. James Harden

Small Forward:
5. Tobias Harris
4. Carmelo Anthony
3. Rudy Gay
2. Gordon Hayward
1. LeBron James

Power Forward:
5. Greg Monroe
4. Pau Gasol
3. LaMarcus Aldridge
2. Dirk Nowitzki
1. Anthony Davis

Center:
5. Nikola Vucevic
4. Chris Bosh
3. Dwight Howard
2. Marc Gasol
1. DeMarcus Cousins

Dirk over LMA, Monroe over Griffin and Rudy Gay/Gordon Hayward were the only ones that really alarmed me. Besides that, I think it's a decent list. The top 3 centers are all interchangeable IMO.

Total toss up between Dirk and LMA so far...not alarming at all. LMA's efficiency is just so much worse it's hard to ignore that. I'd probably actually take LMA over Dirk so far, but either way it's not an alarming matter.

BigBoss
11-26-2014, 06:02 PM
The leading scorer in the NBA isn't even TOP 5 at his position?

:roll:

The media agenda against Godbe is STRONG this year :lol

atljonesbro
11-26-2014, 06:09 PM
Paul Millsap > Greg Monroe

outbreak
11-26-2014, 06:19 PM

:roll:

The media agenda against Godbe is STRONG this year :lol

All those guys listed as playing to a higher level than him. Scoring leading alone doesn't mean you are playing well when you are shooting below 40% and leading your team to a poor record. It's not all Kobes fault considering his team mates but still hard to put him above any of those guys who are actually contributing to a teams success. I'm surprised to see Harris in there, he's had some horrible games early and some good games lately, I guess I can't think of anyone else who's over him right now if you just look at box scores. I'm glad Vucevic is getting recognition this season, he is really an under rated player.

MMM
11-26-2014, 06:20 PM
Blake has taken a step back this season it seems

stalkerforlife
11-26-2014, 06:23 PM
Kobe?

He's being punished for having the worst cast in the league.

Kobe is a top 5 player.

Poetry
11-26-2014, 06:24 PM

The assists leader isn't either.

WallIn
11-26-2014, 06:33 PM
CP3 and Curry are easily the best PGs atm.

Between Wall-Lowry-Lillard... a lot of combinations are possible. It's debatable really.

kennethgriffin
11-26-2014, 06:42 PM
isnt bleacher report just fan submitted articles

iTare
11-26-2014, 06:45 PM
Not anymore

outbreak

Yeah some really stupid stuff gets published at times. This list doesn't seem too bad but really any list like this by any one will be subjective.

outbreak
Not anymore
It's still fan submitted isn't it? I thought anyone can start submitting and once you hit an amount of points for your articles they start paying you.

kennethgriffin
11-26-2014, 06:50 PM
Not anymore

i searched Adam Fromal on google and all that came up was that one bleacher report article. hes not even a writer

its as if me or you submitted it

ProfessorMurder
11-26-2014, 06:52 PM
No ZBo :roll:

outbreak
11-26-2014, 06:54 PM
i searched Adam Fromal on google and all that came up was that one bleacher report article. hes not even a writer

my understand was anyone submits but to make it to their main page or something you need to have been liked by people first. If you hit a certain amount you can get paid. I remember seeing an article awhile back about how their system screws over aspiring writers and makes it hard to actually get any money from them.

Poetry
11-26-2014, 07:10 PM

Everything on the internet is like that now. Even major news networks rely on independent contributors for content.

I'm not a fan of BR, but I know their standards have improved since they were bought by Turner.

pastis
11-26-2014, 07:15 PM

Point Guard:
5. John Wall
4. Damian Lillard
3. Kyle Lowry
2. Chris Paul
1. Stephen Curry

Shooting Guard:
5. Monta Ellis
4. Dwayne Wade
3. Jimmy Butler
2. Klay Thompson
1. James Harden

Small Forward:
5. Tobias Harris
4. Carmelo Anthony
3. Rudy Gay
2. Gordon Hayward
1. LeBron James

Power Forward:
5. Greg Monroe
4. Pau Gasol
3. LaMarcus Aldridge
2. Dirk Nowitzki
1. Anthony Davis

Center:
5. Nikola Vucevic
4. Chris Bosh
3. Dwight Howard
2. Marc Gasol
1. DeMarcus Cousins

Its nor alarming having Dirk over LMA, but i would right now pick LMA over Dirk.

dirk still top 3-5 at his position is amazing

kennethgriffin
11-26-2014, 07:19 PM
my understand was anyone submits but to make it to their main page or something you need to have been liked by people first. If you hit a certain amount you can get paid. I remember seeing an article awhile back about how their system screws over aspiring writers and makes it hard to actually get any money from them.

na its just about view counts. there is no like button

as for why people like reading this crap. its probly the same reason anyone and everyone on ISH that bashes kobe has full green bars.

while anyone who bashes lebron has red bars... its just the popular thing to do these days. espn is making a ton of money off bashing kobe

and its not just that they know people who hate kobe will eat it up. but they also know controvercy sells. so all the kobe/laker fans will also clock on these articles to comment

whatever sells.. cant just make a list that likes both kobe and lebron. gotta bash somebody to make headlines

TheMilkyBarKid
11-26-2014, 07:22 PM
Lillard and lowry above wall ain't right.

kennethgriffin
11-26-2014, 07:28 PM
Lillard and lowry above wall ain't right.

its literally one guys opinion. its obviously going to be wrong.

these types of rankings or lists should only be done via collective votes by actual sports writers or people involved with basketball

Hey Yo
11-26-2014, 07:53 PM
Not sure why Wade is on the list. His "alleged" injury has kept him out 7 straight games of the 15 that Miami has played.

Can't be counted on from game to game.

Optimus Prime
11-26-2014, 07:56 PM
No Kobe Bryant, top scorer in the league at 36 years of age in his 19th season after recovering from two devastating injuries.

Garbage list.

:kobe:

outbreak
11-26-2014, 08:01 PM
No Kobe Bryant, top scorer in the league at 36 years of age in his 19th season after recovering from two devastating injuries.

Garbage list.

:kobe:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2278387-kobe-bryant-poised-to-be-least-valuable-scoring-champion-in-nba-history

here they did a kobe article just for you.

Ariza4three
11-26-2014, 08:04 PM
Vuc and Harris :applause: