PDA

View Full Version : Ariza was the best signing this summer

StephHamann
11-27-2014, 09:43 PM
Changed the culture of the franchise and turned Harden into a defensive stud.

Houston is winning games without 2 of their top 4 players in Beverly and Dwight, incredible job by Harden Ariza and McHale.

Morey ball finally works, best system in the leauge

Houston gonna win it all

:bowdown:

Fudge
11-27-2014, 09:44 PM
He's arguably been playing WORSE than Parsons this season. :oldlol:

Bandito
11-27-2014, 09:44 PM
Ariza is a great player. Why did the Lakers let him go for Artest is beyond me.

Smook A.
11-27-2014, 11:04 PM
Changed the culture of the franchise and turned Harden into a defensive stud.

Houston is winning games without 2 of their top 4 players in Beverly and Dwight, incredible job by Harden Ariza and McHale.

Morey ball finally works, best system in the leauge

Houston gonna win it all

:bowdown:
Haha, don't forget Terrence Jones. He was averaging 14/8 and 2 blocks before he got injured. A lot of people say the Rockets have only been doing well because of how relatively easy their schedule has been compared to the other top NBA teams. Most of them don't even know that the team has been without 3 of their 5 starters for a while. Dwight has missed 5 games, Beverley has missed 8, and Jones has missed 11. That's a lot of games without your core players. In the time those guys have been gone, the young guns like D-Mo, and Isaiah Canaan have all stepped up. They were huge against the Kings. They combined for 42 pts, 12 rebs, 7 asts, and 7 steals.

What's changed so much about the Rockets from this season compared to last is our defense. All the guys (even Harden) are giving effort on that end, thus the reason why we're one of the top teams in ppg allowed. I'm just really happy that James Harden is finally giving a shit about playing defense. You don't know how good it feels that he actually tries to stay on his man. He hasn't been perfect and there have been plays where his defender beat him, but it honestly doesn't happen as much as it did last season. Overall, this season Houston is a much more balanced team. Last year we were all about just playing offense. Just shows how important defense really is.

Anyway, onto Ariza. Aside from his mini shooting slump, he's been great for us. A really nice, under-the-radar signing. He plays great defense every single night and at the same time he can give the team some threes. Perfect 3 & D guy.

Le Shaqtus
11-27-2014, 11:12 PM
I agree with everything you said minus Harden being a defensive stud.

kwajo
11-27-2014, 11:22 PM
I'd say as an off-season move it's about even with the acquisition of Lou Williams (and a decent rookie centre prospect) for the pile of crap with a headband on top named John Salmons.

masonanddixon
11-27-2014, 11:40 PM
He's shooting like 25% and his defense isn't that good really.

$LakerGold
11-27-2014, 11:42 PM
1a and 1b lockdown defender, they needed 1b to defend players like Pierce. They didn't need the youth/longevity then. C'mon, Bandito.

gts
11-28-2014, 12:43 AM

they didn't... They made him the best offer they could under the CBA and he turned them down to "explore the market" and the Lakers signed Artest the next day instead of waiting for Ariza

He ended up signing for about 200k less with the Rockets then the Lakers offer

KyrieTheFuture
11-28-2014, 12:50 AM
LeBron was the best signing this off season

YouGotServed
11-28-2014, 12:53 AM

No, Ariza was the best signing this season. 12-3 > 7-7

DMAVS41
11-28-2014, 12:53 AM
He's arguably been playing WORSE than Parsons this season. :oldlol:

How?

Ariza is averaging 14/6/3 55% TS

Parsons is averaging 14/5/2 52% TS

And Ariza plays considerably better defense...also, Parsons is getting wide open threes and wide open lanes to the basket routinely from Dirk, Ellis, and Tyson...

He's just sucked so far....luckily it's a long season.

But I have no idea how Ariza has been worse like you claim.

VengefulAngel
11-28-2014, 12:58 AM
How?

Ariza is averaging 14/6/3 55% TS

Parsons is averaging 14/5/2 52% TS

And Ariza plays considerably better defense...also, Parsons is getting wide open threes and wide open lanes to the basket routinely from Dirk, Ellis, and Tyson...

He's just sucked so far....luckily it's a long season.

But I have no idea how Ariza has been worse like you claim.

Don't use logic on this forum please.

MJ(Mean John)
11-28-2014, 03:08 AM
they didn't... They made him the best offer they could under the CBA and he turned them down to "explore the market" and the Lakers signed Artest the next day instead of waiting for Ariza

He ended up signing for about 200k less with the Rockets then the Lakers offer

To this day, I still feel it was his agent getting greedy. IIRC, Ariza wanted to stay with LAL and wanted to take the deal. His agent wanted different.

Anywho.

Back to OP;

Ed Davis for $900K HAS to be up there.
Guy is a legit 8Pts/7Reb/1.5 blocks in 20 Minutes off the bench on 61% shooting.

dunksby
11-28-2014, 03:38 AM
Ariza is not even playing at his best, once he gets in sync with his teammates he is gonna ball, playing off Harden and Howard.

dontgetchoked
11-28-2014, 03:41 AM
To this day, I still feel it was his agent getting greedy. IIRC, Ariza wanted to stay with LAL and wanted to take the deal. His agent wanted different.

Anywho.

Back to OP;

Ed Davis for $900K HAS to be up there.
Guy is a legit 8Pts/7Reb/1.5 blocks in 20 Minutes off the bench on 61% shooting.

Pau Gasol at 7.5 mil >

andremiller07
11-28-2014, 03:57 AM
Darren Collison

JonatanRey
11-28-2014, 05:19 AM

Artest was better both on defense and especially on offense back then. You don't need potential good players to win championships.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-28-2014, 05:21 AM
LeBron didn't sign with the Cavs, the Cavs signed with LeBron. And actually Houston has 3 of it's best 5 players missing. Jones/Beverly/Dwight.

MJ(Mean John)
11-28-2014, 05:33 AM
Pau Gasol at 7.5 mil >

CMON man

$7,500,00 for 18/10.

Or
$900,00 for 8/7 IN 20 MINUTES!!

Bandito
11-28-2014, 05:58 AM
1a and 1b lockdown defender, they needed 1b to defend players like Pierce. They didn't need the youth/longevity then. C'mon, Bandito.
They didnt need longevity? Who doesnt need longevity??? Not that the Artest signing was bad but I always liked Ariza so I am probably biased but that guy was better for the Lakers than Artest ever was.

Im Still Ballin
11-28-2014, 06:12 AM
Darren Collison
:applause:

chips93
11-28-2014, 08:14 AM
No, Ariza was the best signing this season. 12-3 > 7-7

vince carter has been the best signing

13-2 > 12-3