PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James's offensive game in a nutshell:

russwest0
11-28-2014, 04:58 AM
For those saying shit like "How can you not enjoy LeBron's game?" in that "Best player you find the least entertaining" thread:

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/f67477ea5be0a4eec82c0dcb6f210474.gif

The guy gets away with traveling and offensive fouls (each individually) more than any other player in the NBA and as a result often gets to walk into the paint unscathed. I guess I don't see whats so exciting about that paired with holding onto the ball for 15 seconds before either shooting a jumper or kicking it out to a 3pt shooter. I guess to the detractors credit his defense has provided some entertainment this season in the form of comedy lol

It's amazing how commonplace plays like the gif are in todays league. Myself being a basketball purist, I have to admit that it's rather disgusting to watch.

kudos to 3ball for the gif :cheers:

lilteapot
11-28-2014, 05:00 AM
>basketball purist
>OKC fan

russwest0
11-28-2014, 05:01 AM
>basketball purist
>OKC fan

>lives closer to OKC than any other NBA city
>OKC fan

RoundMoundOfReb
11-28-2014, 05:02 AM
So alpha :applause: Just stiff armed the **** out of Pierce.

lilteapot
11-28-2014, 05:03 AM
So alpha :applause: Just stiff armed the **** out of Pierce.

It's a veteran move. Pierce does it too, just a bit more subtly.

russwest0
It's a veteran move. Pierce does it too, just a bit more subtly.

a bit?

Im Still Ballin
Simmo whats up mate

lilteapot
11-28-2014, 05:04 AM
a bit?

If you were a true "basketball purist" you'd be able to tell

russwest0
11-28-2014, 05:06 AM
If you were a true "basketball purist" you'd be able to tell

it was sarcasm lol. pierce's offensive game is way more polished than lebrons.

i remember the 2012 finals where lebron shot god awful on jumpers and it seemed like every drive of his involved either a blatant offensive foul or travel that went uncalled.

him winning his first ring in the fashion that he did will always make me unable to be a fan of his. from the pacers to the celtics to okc the heat got so many bs calls that year, while the other teams were getting hosed with technicals and foul trouble

RoundMoundOfReb
11-28-2014, 05:07 AM
Thoughts on Shaq?

russwest0
11-28-2014, 05:08 AM
Thoughts on Shaq?

dude was a clown. entertaining nonetheless, but still a clown :lol

shaq was cool though because he never took himself seriously

fiddy
11-28-2014, 05:08 AM
get in the corner shoot the three

lilteapot
11-28-2014, 05:10 AM
it was sarcasm lol. pierce's offensive game is way more polished than lebrons.

i remember the 2012 finals where lebron shot god awful on jumpers and it seemed like every drive of his involved either a blatant offensive foul or travel that went uncalled.

him winning his first ring in the fashion that he did will always make me unable to be a fan of his. from the pacers to the celtics to okc the heat got so many bs calls that year, while the other teams were getting hosed with technicals and foul trouble

Still can't get over the fact that your team lost to him in 5 games right?

Get real, dude cramped up and hit a 3 cuz yo lazy asses weren't defending him

russwest0
11-28-2014, 05:11 AM
Still can't get over the fact that your team lost to him in 5 games right?

Get real, dude cramped up and hit a 3 cuz yo lazy asses weren't defending him

:oldlol: comments like these are so lame

lilteapot
11-28-2014, 05:14 AM
:oldlol: comments like these are so lame
Nah, what's lame is not simply accepting he had a great playoff run because you're too butthurt to give him any credit. Like, Dirk swept us in 2011 and obvs I was mad at the time but I respected him for having an insane playoff run.

You need to grow up man.

Im so nba'd out
11-28-2014, 05:50 AM
green + new avy....you've changed bro

russwest0
11-28-2014, 05:52 AM
green + new avy....you've changed bro

ill be in the red before long. just give it a while.

JohnMax
11-28-2014, 06:18 AM
Lebron did not travel. He took a gather step and two steps after that.

russwest0
11-28-2014, 06:26 AM

if you are counting his gather step then he took four steps.

so yeah, thats a travel. and a blatant offensive foul.

Overdrive
11-28-2014, 06:30 AM

Wtf he jumped off 1 leg, ball in his hands, landed - first travel - and he took steps after that - 2nd one.

Even after a two-legged hop you can't walk anymore.

sportjames23
11-28-2014, 06:47 AM

:biggums:

#number6ix#
11-28-2014, 07:08 AM
Dat navigation efficiency :bowdown:

RoundMoundOfReb
11-28-2014, 07:23 AM
:applause:

ABG
11-28-2014, 07:28 AM
:roll:

AirFederer
11-28-2014, 07:54 AM
Lol. Blatant travel and offensive foul.
Hate that such plays doesn`t get called.

sportjames23
11-28-2014, 08:23 AM

Nigguh, I see what you did.

:oldlol:

SugarHill
11-28-2014, 10:40 AM

ZMonkey11
11-28-2014, 11:03 AM
Nah, what's lame is not simply accepting he had a great playoff run because you're too butthurt to give him any credit. Like, Dirk swept us in 2011 and obvs I was mad at the time but I respected him for having an insane playoff run.

You need to grow up man.

So...who exactly is...us? You a Heat fan or what?

I<3NBA
11-28-2014, 12:10 PM
So...who exactly is...us? You a Heat fan or what?
:coleman:

Mavs did not sweep the Heat, so obviously he was talking about the only team the Mavs swept that season.

you must not have watched that playoffs.

navy
11-28-2014, 12:48 PM

russwest0
11-28-2014, 01:45 PM

:lol

We need to find those gifs of LeBron taking 7-8 steps and getting away with it.

#NavigationEfficiencyGOAT

3ball
11-28-2014, 02:05 PM

indeed, the way the game is officiated and played today makes carrying and traveling standard, which allows players to show the full capability of their athleticism, and also facilitates maximum creativity of moves.

otoh, the restrictive way the game was officiated and played in the 60's, did not allow players to show the full capability of their athleticism, while hampering their creativity as well.

stephanieg
11-28-2014, 02:14 PM
LeBron James will go down in history as inventing the crab dribble. Such genius is unparalleled.

Mr. Jabbar
11-28-2014, 02:37 PM
Lebalds ugly game.. His highlights alone can make you sleep

russwest0
11-28-2014, 02:39 PM
Lebalds ugly game.. His highlights alone can make you sleep

he's good for some transition dunk highlights but even dunking is a largely overrated aspect of his game. Durant in the 2012-2013 season alone had as many posters as LeBron has had his whole career.

Mr. Jabbar
11-28-2014, 03:35 PM
he's good for some transition dunk highlights but even dunking is a largely overrated aspect of his game. Durant in the 2012-2013 season alone had as many posters as LeBron has had his whole career.

true. f*** lebald. the 1st of colluding breed.

Kvnzhangyay
11-28-2014, 03:49 PM
true. f*** lebald. the 1st of colluding breed.

What happened to boston?

pauk
11-28-2014, 04:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xt8GhYM4rI&feature=player_detailpage#t=12

Cavalier
11-28-2014, 05:05 PM
This is why LeBron is the best player. If the team needs a bucket I will take a bulldozer layup over a deep jumper all day.:applause:

ArbitraryWater
11-28-2014, 05:12 PM

you win the internet :applause:

ZMonkey11
11-28-2014, 05:51 PM
:coleman:

Mavs did not sweep the Heat, so obviously he was talking about the only team the Mavs swept that season.

you must not have watched that playoffs.

My bad. Didn't mean to comment on your lover.

Budadiiii
11-28-2014, 06:13 PM
This is why LeBron is the best player. If the team needs a bucket I will take a bulldozer layup over a deep jumper all day.:applause:
Or he'll pass the ball because he's scared to drive and get fouled.

He hates pressure free throws. LeBron's whole game is cherry picked so his stats look good.

He'll go out there, give minimal energy on defense and then will capitalize on his teammates hard work by getting easy buckets in transition. He saves his energy until there is an opportunity for an easy basket. That's why he has good efficiency, but when you actually watch the game, you realize the guy is completely useless and a glorified role player. Especially late in the game is where he gets exposed.

He'll hold the ball longer than anyone in the league and will do anything to get assists. He steals rebounds from other players to maintain his 27 7 7 career average, but ultimately comes off as just that, "average"....

In no way, shape, or form is LeBron even close to a top 10 all time player. And with his diminishing athleticism, we are starting to see exactly how flawed LeBron is. He's not even top 5 anymore... shortest "peak" ever.

Kvnzhangyay
11-28-2014, 06:42 PM

He hates pressure free throws. LeBron's whole game is cherry picked so his stats look good.

He'll go out there, give minimal energy on defense and then will capitalize on his teammates hard work by getting easy buckets in transition. He saves his energy until there is an opportunity for an easy basket. That's why he has good efficiency, but when you actually watch the game, you realize the guy is completely useless and a glorified role player. Especially late in the game is where he gets exposed.

He'll hold the ball longer than anyone in the league and will do anything to get assists. He steals rebounds from other players to maintain his 27 7 7 career average, but ultimately comes off as just that, "average"....

In no way, shape, or form is LeBron even close to a top 10 all time player. And with his diminishing athleticism, we are starting to see exactly how flawed LeBron is. He's not even top 5 anymore... shortest "peak" ever.

Only problem is he's already a top 10 all time player

SpaceJammeR
11-28-2014, 06:45 PM

wow everything lebron does is bad. lmao you need a life.

Budadiiii
11-28-2014, 06:45 PM
Only problem is he's already a top 10 all time player

You're on fire today, Rocco. Only problem is, you have no credibility.

LeBron hasn't even surpassed Kobe and Kobe isn't top 10 either. Go smoke some more weed and see if you can actually come up with something that makes sense.

Kvnzhangyay
11-28-2014, 06:48 PM

You're on fire today, Rocco. Only problem is, you have no credibility.

LeBron hasn't even surpassed Kobe and Kobe isn't top 10 either. Go smoke some more weed and see if you can actually come up with something that makes sense.

So how do you have credibility? What makes you credible enough saying that I'm not credible? Try again :roll:

SamuraiSWISH
11-28-2014, 06:53 PM
Except that GIF isn't a travel, or an offensive foul.

Budadiiii
11-28-2014, 06:59 PM
So how do you have credibility? What makes you credible enough saying that I'm not credible? Try again :roll:
I'm probably the most credible poster on this site. Rarely am I ever wrong.

So when you come on here with stupid shit like, "LeBron is already top 10", that's when you lose whatever credibility you may or may not have had in the past, whatever semblance of basketball intelligence you managed to show in the past, is ERASED, gone, forever.

You trolls sacrifice your dignity, your character, and ultimately, your credibility when you come on here with stupid shit for a quick laugh. Was it worth it?

lilteapot
11-28-2014, 07:01 PM
lol these kids don't watch basketball. lebron initiated contact on a 3 pointer and sunk 3 free throws against utah just this season. lol @ him hating FT pressure.

also, this ignore function is worthless if quotes still show up

Kvnzhangyay
11-28-2014, 07:05 PM
I'm probably the most credible poster on this site. Rarely am I ever wrong.

So when you come on here with stupid shit like, "LeBron is already top 10", that's when you lose whatever credibility you may or may not have had in the past, whatever semblance of basketball intelligence you managed to show in the past, is ERASED, gone, forever.

You trolls sacrifice your dignity, your character, and ultimately, your credibility when you come on here with stupid shit for a quick laugh. Was it worth it?

How am I troll if I talk the truth?

Prove what I said wrong?

Budadiiii
11-28-2014, 07:13 PM
How am I troll if I talk the truth?

Prove what I said wrong?
No order:

MJ, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Wilt, Russell, Duncan, Shaq, Hakeem, West

I don't see LeBron.

Kvnzhangyay
11-28-2014, 07:19 PM
No order:

I don't see LeBron.

Your opinion is proving now? :lol

Budadiiii
11-28-2014, 07:21 PM
Your opinion is proving now? :lol
That's what credibility gets you.

My opinion > Yours

Now you know the importance of credibility. Quit trolling and you might have it one day, little kid.

Cavalier
11-28-2014, 07:46 PM
http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/f67477ea5be0a4eec82c0dcb6f210474.gif

This should have been an and-1, Pierce was grabbing with both hands first.

Smook A.
11-28-2014, 07:53 PM
Except that GIF isn't a travel, or an offensive foul.
Nope, there was an offensive foul there. LeBron clearly hit Pierce in the face so he would get out of his way.

Kvnzhangyay
11-28-2014, 07:53 PM
That's what credibility gets you.

My opinion > Yours

Now you know the importance of credibility. Quit trolling and you might have it one day, little kid.

But you don't have credibility in the first place?

Kvnzhangyay
11-28-2014, 07:54 PM
Nope, there was an offensive foul there. LeBron clearly hit Pierce in the face so he would get out of his way.

Technically it is, but in real time theres an incredibly low chance refs actually call it

oarabbus
11-28-2014, 07:56 PM
Technically it is, but in real time theres an incredibly low chance refs actually call it

If David West hit Pierce in the face like that it'd be called.

KyrieTheFuture
11-28-2014, 07:59 PM
No order:

I don't see LeBron.

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-52629-Michael-Jordan-laughing-gif-Im-5pAX.gif

Kvnzhangyay
11-28-2014, 08:00 PM
If David West hit Pierce in the face like that it'd be called.

Maybe, maybe not - but its a hypothetical :confusedshrug:

ILLsmak
11-29-2014, 08:35 AM
For those saying shit like "How can you not enjoy LeBron's game?" in that "Best player you find the least entertaining" thread:

The guy gets away with traveling and offensive fouls (each individually) more than any other player in the NBA and as a result often gets to walk into the paint unscathed. I guess I don't see whats so exciting about that paired with holding onto the ball for 15 seconds before either shooting a jumper or kicking it out to a 3pt shooter. I guess to the detractors credit his defense has provided some entertainment this season in the form of comedy lol

It's amazing how commonplace plays like the gif are in todays league. Myself being a basketball purist, I have to admit that it's rather disgusting to watch.

kudos to 3ball for the gif :cheers:

Well credit to him that he can shed a grown man with his off arm while breaking thru the d. I guess he's a lefty tho... still.

I know what you mean though, he does stiff arm people a lot.

Edit: I wonder what they'd do if people started grabbing his wrist while he did that. I mean, they couldn't call a foul after he stiff armed someone... right?

-Smak