PDA

View Full Version : Aliens (1986) -- a controversial movie in its day?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-28-2014, 11:57 AM
Reading another forum, I saw comments from people who actually saw the movie in theaters, and that it made them feel "uneasy", as in nauseous. I get that its a psychological/sci-fi thriller, but I freaking loved the movie (as I did alien, a horror flick). No mixed feelings, sickness or affliction. None of that.

Only thing I can think of is the ambiance and loud speakers in theaters, making the movie that much more surreal.. :oldlol:

SugarHill
11-28-2014, 12:41 PM
Newt's scream is controversial because it makes people want to murder all children

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-28-2014, 12:46 PM
Newt's scream is controversial because it makes people want to murder all children
Hah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnt9NLc2Rpg
Not that I ever took Siskel & Ebert serious, but it looks as though they too felt jaded w/ anxiety.. :wtf:

DeuceWallaces
11-28-2014, 02:11 PM
This was a reddit post yesterday and the "comments" you "read" were from Ebert's review.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-28-2014, 02:20 PM
This was a reddit post yesterday and the "comments" you "read" were from Ebert's review.
Hey dipshit, did you miss the part where I mentioned that I read this on another forum? In the topic, there were people claiming they had to leave the theater, because they felt physically ill.

SugarHill
11-28-2014, 02:29 PM
Hey dipshit, did you miss the part where I mentioned that I read this on another forum? In the topic, there were people claiming they had to leave the theater, because they felt physically ill.
Not to mention that you actually put the review in the thread. :oldlol:

JohnnySic
11-28-2014, 02:30 PM
I dont recall it being controversial.

ThePhantomCreep
11-28-2014, 03:15 PM
"Aliens" is an intense thrill ride, but there isn't anything particularly stomach churning about it, especially compared to the horror flicks like "Brain Dead".

ROCSteady
12-03-2014, 06:18 PM
One of the greatest ALL-TIME in the genre.

Fck those pu$$ies.

Vintage Cameron hoe