PDA

View Full Version : I hope the Raptors make it far this season or ...

moaz
11-29-2014, 01:35 AM
A lot of people around here will commit suicide (or jump of the bandwagon)
The Toronto/Dallas game thread in realgm has 3236 posts (*30k views), the post game thread 304 posts :wtf: . The Milwaukee thread few days ago had > 2500 posts. They are 7th in average attendance. People are going crazy here.

The Blue Jays disappoint as usual, the Maple Leafs are ..... the Maple Leafs, Toronto FC sucks, the Argos are out. Only the Raptors are winning something.

I know the fan base of these teams is different, but I believe many are rooting for the Raptors now cause nothing else is there.

russwest0
11-29-2014, 01:36 AM
Raptors/OKC Finals.

I can dig it.

MMM
11-29-2014, 01:39 AM
Blue Jays just acquired a mvp candidate so they should be interesting. As for the Raps, I would trust them more if they had more of a track record of success or at least more respect from the refs. Toronto might be better than Washington / Chicago but those teams have players that are more established with the refs than Toronto.

Done_And_Done
11-29-2014, 02:26 AM
The Raptors board on RealGM is the most active on the entire site if I'm not correct so it's no surprise. With the recent successes, the fan base has espoused a huge number of causals over the past two years so it's expected that any failure will result in some reactive meltdowns lol

But for the most part, I feel that we're a pretty intelligent and realistic sports town. I like what we've got going on here but our road to a championship is still leaps away imo

BurningHammer
11-29-2014, 03:02 AM
Toronto FC sucks
TFC just have the best regular season record in like ever, but everybody ignores the feat just because they don't get into the playoff. They are the 3rd most hopeful team in Toronto after Raptors and Jays.

Prodigy
11-29-2014, 06:53 AM
Don't mean to be a hipster... but bandwagoners can f*ck off. Any true fan of the Raps have been here since they sucked (for me it's Bosh's rookie year) and have realistic goals and expectations for this season (2nd round +). We do not think we will get to the finals or take more than a game or two even if we do.

el gringos
11-29-2014, 02:03 PM
Don't mean to be a hipster... but bandwagoners can f*ck off. Any true fan of the Raps have been here since they sucked (for me it's Bosh's rookie year) and have realistic goals and expectations for this season (2nd round +). We do not think we will get to the finals or take more than a game or two even if we do.
Don't worry about bandwagon fans. The real worry is what a real nugs fan went through. If your ownership is just about making money once they "build the brand" esp w bandwagon fans they'll cut and run on actually trying. They know they hooked the "easy money" fans

Lebronxrings
11-29-2014, 02:59 PM
Raptors/OKC Finals.

I can dig it.
lol okc fans want weaker competition now :oldlol: fcking pathetic