PDA

View Full Version : Knicks are (not so) secretly tanking

Aidz
11-29-2014, 05:33 AM
All Knicks fans can relax. The team is tanking.
Next year Amare ($23m) and Bargnani ($12m) are off contract. You've still got your 2015 first round pick.
The only semi-bad contracts are JR Smith (player option $6m) and Calderon ($7m).
Phil Jackson will do his thing this offseason.

This is what some Knicks fans actually believe.

R.I.P.
11-29-2014, 07:02 AM
The funny part is that Melo basically has the same roster now as a 35 year old Dirk had last year. Looks like the Knicks will win like 25-30 games, while playing in the East as opposed to the Mavs, who probably play in the best division in NBA history.

Calderon- Calderon
Ellis - JR Smith (we all know the reputation Ellis had before he came to Dallas)
Marion - Shumpert (Marion is a minimum player nowadays)
Dirk - Melo
Dalembert - Dalembert

I think the relationship between Melo and Chandler soured right over this. Chandler probably told Melo how Dirk did things and how he should improve his on and off-court leadership and eventually Melo got tired hearing it from an (elite) complementary player and Chandler got tired of telling Melo how to get himself and the team onto the next level.

Okay there might be the minor issue that Carlisle is slightly better than Fisher, but there is no excuse for the Knicks being as pathetic as they are.

For $23M I

dunksby
11-29-2014, 07:12 AM
Knicks have been bad so long that analyzing their situation gives me brain aneurysm. I mean anyone they sign turns to shit as if they are under some spell. Their consistent bad form could have been due to stupid management and with Phil at helm we might see something next year.

iamgine
11-29-2014, 07:12 AM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]The funny part is that Melo basically has the same roster now as a 35 year old Dirk had last year. Looks like the Knicks will win like 25-30 games, while playing in the East as opposed to the Mavs, who probably play in the best division in NBA history.

Calderon- Calderon
Ellis - JR Smith (we all know the reputation Ellis had before he came to Dallas)
Marion - Shumpert (Marion is a minimum player nowadays)
Dirk - Melo
Dalembert - Dalembert

I think the relationship between Melo and Chandler soured right over this. Chandler probably told Melo how Dirk did things and how he should improve his on and off-court leadership and eventually Melo got tired hearing it from an (elite) complementary player and Chandler got tired of telling Melo how to get himself and the team onto the next level.

Okay there might be the minor issue that Carlisle is slightly better than Fisher, but there is no excuse for the Knicks being as pathetic as they are.

For $23M I

coin24
11-29-2014, 07:45 AM
Knicks have been bad so long that analyzing their situation gives me brain aneurysm. I mean anyone they sign turns to shit as if they are under some spell. Their consistent bad form could have been due to stupid management and with Phil at helm we might see something next year.

This :lol

It's mind boggling how they manage to be complete shit year after year..

Will be interesting to see what they can do with a ton of cap space and a top pick..

Real Men Wear Green
11-29-2014, 08:08 AM
That's a horrible comparison. You really think these two play at the same level?

Aidz
11-29-2014, 09:27 AM
What are Boston's plans for Rondo?

Knicks should throw their cap space at Rondo if he doesn't re-sign.

kurple
11-29-2014, 09:44 AM
All Knicks fans can relax. The team is tanking.
Next year Amare ($23m) and Bargnani ($12m) are off contract. You've still got your 2016 first round pick.
The only semi-bad contracts are JR Smith (player option $6m) and Calderon ($7m).
Phil Jackson will do his thing this offseason.

This is what some Knicks fans actually believe.
no you dont

Knicksfever2010
11-29-2014, 10:23 AM
ABOUT TIME! The only way to compete in the NBA is through the draft, unless you're able to get a big 3 or big 4 in the prime of their careers (lebron-bosh-wade) or (pierce-garnett-allen-rondo), you cant succeed.

Getting good young players w/o max contracts is the way to go. Next 5 years Knicks should be good. Terrible contracts are coming off the books, emergence of Shump, Hardaway Jr, using their cap space plus the draft pick this year.

NA2126
11-29-2014, 10:56 AM
ABOUT TIME! The only way to compete in the NBA is through the draft, unless you're able to get a big 3 or big 4 in the prime of their careers (lebron-bosh-wade) or (pierce-garnett-allen-rondo), you cant succeed.

Getting good young players w/o max contracts is the way to go. Next 5 years Knicks should be good. Terrible contracts are coming off the books, emergence of Shump, Hardaway Jr, using their cap space plus the draft pick this year.

The Knicks front office will find a way to mess that up too, somehow.

Knicksfever2010
11-29-2014, 11:04 AM
The Knicks front office will find a way to mess that up too, somehow.

you mean like this...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0EWESQP4bvY/TJ4tH_zqbQI/AAAAAAAACMc/r05lEeYnkjQ/s1600/weis_magcover_7100257.jpg

DMV2
11-29-2014, 11:38 AM

Monta doesn't stand around the 3-point line like JR does. Monta actually is a legit playmaker...makes bad decisions sometimes but who doesn't. JR is just a chucking dumbass.

"Carlisle is slightly better than Fisher" is just :facepalm :biggums: :wtf:
You know who laid the foundation for the Larry Brown Pistons? Rick Carilsle.
You know who was the coach who beat the Miami Big 3 Heat in 2011? Rick Carilsle!
He also did a good job coaching the Pacers too.

Yet he is slightly better than a coach who hasn't finished his first season yet?

R.I.P.
11-29-2014, 07:44 PM
Monta doesn't stand around the 3-point line like JR does. Monta actually is a legit playmaker...makes bad decisions sometimes but who doesn't. JR is just a chucking dumbass.

"Carlisle is slightly better than Fisher" is just :facepalm :biggums: :wtf:
You know who laid the foundation for the Larry Brown Pistons? Rick Carilsle.
You know who was the coach who beat the Miami Big 3 Heat in 2011? Rick Carilsle!
He also did a good job coaching the Pacers too.

Yet he is slightly better than a coach who hasn't finished his first season yet?

Really? I mean. If I wrote Marc Gasol is slightly better than Nerlens Noel, would you also take it literally.

Well let

Smook A.
11-29-2014, 07:56 PM
No they aren't. They just flat-out suck.

Fork
11-29-2014, 08:08 PM
My job the Knicks have been terrible for so long

Aidz
11-29-2014, 10:27 PM
no you dont

Edited: I meant 2015. I'm not a Knicks fan.

MastaKilla
11-29-2014, 11:37 PM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]Really? I mean. If I wrote Marc Gasol is slightly better than Nerlens Noel, would you also take it literally.

[B]Well let

smoovegittar
11-30-2014, 09:31 AM
Edited: I meant 2015. I'm not a Knicks fan.
Uh Duh Duh Duh...

Go watch football.