PDA

View Full Version : Lebron vs Westbrook. Who is better?

JohnMax
11-29-2014, 12:17 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gQr0ao6.png
http://i.imgur.com/lHz80vG.png
http://i.imgur.com/RJ8DPss.png

pauk
11-29-2014, 12:25 PM
PER 47, GOAT :bowdown:

ArbitraryWater
11-29-2014, 12:30 PM
Russ' stats this season (and a bit career wise) will be altered by his 2nd game @ LAC in which he played 8 minutes, injured himself and ended with 2/0/4...

Excluding that game in 2014/2015 so far (2 games):

35 PPG / 5 RPG /7 APG on 55%

VengefulAngel
11-29-2014, 12:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gQr0ao6.png
http://i.imgur.com/lHz80vG.png
http://i.imgur.com/RJ8DPss.png

3 game sample size, smh.

JohnMax
11-29-2014, 12:54 PM
Russell Westbrook is better than LeBron James

I

navy
11-29-2014, 01:01 PM
Did you really just say Westbrooks game resembles Michael Jordan? :roll:

Westbrook is a poor mans 2009 Lebron.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa2qVkjss9Y

Lebronxrings
11-29-2014, 01:12 PM
Did you really just say Westbrooks game resembles Michael Jordan? :roll:

this :applause:

Navy, you are an honorary member of the lebron family :rockon:

LAZERUSS
11-29-2014, 01:14 PM
So based on ONE GAME, we can now determine that Westbrook is a better player than Lebron?

Only on ISH...

Eric Cartman
11-29-2014, 01:18 PM
[QUOTE=JohnMax]Russell Westbrook is better than LeBron James

I

SouBeachTalents
11-29-2014, 01:20 PM
[QUOTE=JohnMax]Russell Westbrook is better than LeBron James

I

jlip
11-29-2014, 01:35 PM
I didn't realize that Wesbrook is just a shade under four years younger than Lebron.

Megabox!
11-29-2014, 02:10 PM
JohnMax pls.......stop making threads

Real Men Wear Green
11-29-2014, 02:13 PM
You would think that someone that understood (well, cared about, OP almost definitely doesn't know the equation) PER would also know that applying something like that to one game leaves it wide open to a ridiculous result.

G0ATbe
11-29-2014, 02:17 PM
I honestly can't think of a single thing LeBald is better than Westbrook at...even in rebounding Westbrook is superior. Westbrook easily.

SouBeachTalents
11-29-2014, 02:21 PM
I honestly can't think of a single thing LeBald is better than Westbrook at...even in rebounding Westbrook is superior. Westbrook easily.

:facepalm I guess Westbrook is a better shooter too?

G0ATbe
11-29-2014, 02:24 PM
:facepalm I guess Westbrook is a better shooter too?
Are we going by eye-test or %'s? Because Westbrook wins in both regards this season.

Lebronxrings
11-29-2014, 03:41 PM
Are we going by eye-test or %'s? Because Westbrook wins in both regards this season.
call me when westbrook shoots 57% in a season and over 40% from 3.

edrick
11-29-2014, 03:55 PM

This season? One has played in only a few games and the other is working on chemistry issues. Wait until after the year.

GimmeThat
11-29-2014, 04:09 PM
the question itself as well as the stats/picture the OP is using suggests the OP is challenging its own intelligence/immortality

Smook A.
11-29-2014, 04:13 PM

I’m serious. Oklahoma City point guard, Russell Westbrook, is a better basketball player than LeBron James and, furthermore, Westbrook’s career and game are starting to resemble…wait for it…Michael Jordan.

Early in Jordan’s career he was the best player on the floor, took the most shots, missed the most shots, and carried his team in games versus superior opponents. As many of us recall, Jordan’s Bulls often lost those crucial contests despite Jordan’s heroics and more often because of Jordan’s poor decisions. Jordan - as we all know now - learned to elevate his teammates, and in doing so, he elevated his own. Westbrook may develop in the same way. Who are we to assume he won’t?

Which leads me back to James. I’m a critic of James not because of his “Decision” theatrics, but rather the promise he has failed to keep. James is supposed to be the best player on the floor. He’s not. James is supposed to do things that nobody else can do. I mean that in the literal sense, the way Jordan played the game in a way that nobody else did, or could for that matter. But James is a physical freak. He’s more Shaq than Jordan. James’ athleticism is undeniably incredible, but there’s no wow-factor.

Like Jordan, Westbrook’s offensive game is one in which the crowd sees things they couldn’t image doing. The Westbrook wow-factor stems from the uniqueness of his repertoire. Lebron, however, does things that make a reasonable person say, “Well, if I was 6-foot-9, 270 lbs, I would bulldoze my way through James Harden too.” To borrow from football; James is the best fullback we’ve ever seen, but we were led to believe he was the best halfback.
Didn't give a shit what you said after that. You're an idiot.

pauk
11-29-2014, 04:17 PM
So based on ONE GAME, we can now determine that Westbrook is a better player than Lebron?

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-25374-Michael-Jordan-YEAH-gif-wyUJ.gif

Budadiiii
Hilarious how even Westbrook surpassed LeBron.

People talk about LeBron being top 10 all time but he's not even top 10 CURRENTLY...... at only 30 years old. He's supposed to be at his peak right now, but his lack of competitive drive and urgency has brought him back to mediocre.

LeBron is such a mentally weak player. He is now feeling entitled and thinks greatness will just come to him, like it did when he was a young athlete. He took that "chosen 1" moniker and ran with it. But he's a sheep in wolves clothing. All talk off the court but never delivers. Actually, more times than not, he chokes in epic fashion. Two times he had to leave a city and a fanbase because he couldn't handle the tough times.

Pat Riley asked if LeBron had the guts............ :roll:

I think he has his answer. LeBron has no guts, no heart, no drive, and no respect from me. He's forever the biggest choker the sport has ever seen and the most embarrassing personality in basketball.

imdaman99
I'll take Westbrook going forward. bran's best days are long behind him.

pauk
11-29-2014, 04:20 PM
Hilarious how even Westbrook surpassed LeBron.

People talk about LeBron being top 10 all time but he's not even top 10 CURRENTLY...... at only 30 years old. He's supposed to be at his peak right now, but his lack of competitive drive and urgency has brought him back to mediocre.

LeBron is such a mentally weak player. He is now feeling entitled and thinks greatness will just come to him, like it did when he was a young athlete. He took that "chosen 1" moniker and ran with it. But he's a sheep in wolves clothing. All talk off the court but never delivers. Actually, more times than not, he chokes in epic fashion. Two times he had to leave a city and a fanbase because he couldn't handle the tough times.

Pat Riley asked if LeBron had the guts............ :roll:

I think he has his answer. LeBron has no guts, no heart, no drive, and no respect from me. He's forever the biggest choker the sport has ever seen and the most embarrassing personality in basketball.

Word bro!!!! Gutz, heartz! eyes tests! mental shrinkage! sheep in wolves! no drives!
Hey do you think Westbrook will surpass Jordan when its all said and done?

pauk
11-29-2014, 04:25 PM

Word bro!!! Knicks all daaaaaaaa waaaaay!! Melooooo! But hey, wut about Melo vs Westbrook, who is better and who will surpass Jordan?

Budadiiii
11-29-2014, 04:27 PM
Word bro!!!! Gutz, heartz! eyes tests! mental shrinkage! sheep in wolves! no drives!
Hey do you think Westbrook will surpass Jordan when its all said and done?
Durant will.

Westbrook will surpass LeBron though.

LeBron has the mentality of a timid role player. His athleticism is starting to fade away..... and so is he. He was never going to have any sort of longevity. You have to be competitive to last the test of time, like a Duncan or Kobe. LeBron is too worried about his hairline. He covers that shit up like a little insecure girl. :facepalm No wonder nobody takes him serious and no one fears him as a competitor. Guys love going up against LeBron because he's prone to choking. Jordan, Westbrook, Durant are RUTHLESS competitors that strike fear in their opponents. :bowdown:

imdaman99
11-29-2014, 04:27 PM
Word bro!!! Knicks all daaaaaaaa waaaaay!! Melooooo! But hey, wut about Melo vs Westbrook, who is better and who will surpass Jordan?
Man, I didn't think you would be so butthurt. Please act a little less insecure. Don't follow in bran's footsteps :cheers:

pauk
11-29-2014, 04:29 PM
Man, I didn't think you would be so butthurt. Please act a little less insecure. Don't follow in bran's footsteps :cheers:

Not butthurt bro! Just like da very awsome opinion bruh! Very factual, logical, rational, amazing! You da man! Da 99th man! :bowdown:

chazzy
11-29-2014, 04:29 PM
So is current Lebron :lol

pauk
11-29-2014, 04:31 PM
Durant will.

Westbrook will surpass LeBron though.

LeBron has the mentality of a timid role player. His athleticism is starting to fade away..... and so is he. He was never going to have any sort of longevity. You have to be competitive to last the test of time, like a Duncan or Kobe. LeBron is too worried about his hairline. He covers that shit up like a little insecure girl. :facepalm No wonder nobody takes him serious and no one fears him as a competitor. Guys love going up against LeBron because he's prone to choking. Jordan, Westbrook, Durant are RUTHLESS competitors that strike fear in their opponents. :bowdown:

Word broooo!!!

Westbrook > Durant tho :coleman:

Budadiiii
11-29-2014, 04:36 PM
Word broooo!!!

Westbrook > Durant tho :coleman:
Wouldn't be surprised if both end up top 5 all time. :D

I know you Euro guys don't know much about American basketball, so I'll let you slide with the LeBron stuff.

You guys really like the feminine type of player. :oldlol:

In America, we enjoy masculine athletes like Jordan and Westbrook.

pauk
11-29-2014, 04:52 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if both end up top 5 all time. :D

I know you Euro guys don't know much about American basketball, so I'll let you slide with the LeBron stuff.

You guys really like the feminine type of player. :oldlol:

In America, we enjoy masculine athletes like Jordan and Westbrook.

Word brooo!! Nothing i know bro, help mi unterstant teh basketballs pls! I like wesbrook bicep! 'MURICA!

HomieWeMajor
11-29-2014, 04:56 PM
Pauk conveniently gets his internet connection back after the Cavs go on a 2 game winning streak. :applause:

riseagainst
12-01-2014, 02:01 PM
on pace to set the PER record for a single season at 47.

:bowdown:

aj1987
12-01-2014, 06:07 PM

I’m serious. Oklahoma City point guard, Russell Westbrook, is a better basketball player than LeBron James and, furthermore, Westbrook’s career and game are starting to resemble…wait for it…Michael Jordan.

Early in Jordan’s career he was the best player on the floor, took the most shots, missed the most shots, and carried his team in games versus superior opponents. As many of us recall, Jordan’s Bulls often lost those crucial contests despite Jordan’s heroics and more often because of Jordan’s poor decisions. Jordan - as we all know now - learned to elevate his teammates, and in doing so, he elevated his own. Westbrook may develop in the same way. Who are we to assume he won’t?

Which leads me back to James. I’m a critic of James not because of his “Decision” theatrics, but rather the promise he has failed to keep. James is supposed to be the best player on the floor. He’s not. James is supposed to do things that nobody else can do. I mean that in the literal sense, the way Jordan played the game in a way that nobody else did, or could for that matter. But James is a physical freak. He’s more Shaq than Jordan. James’ athleticism is undeniably incredible, but there’s no wow-factor.

Like Jordan, Westbrook’s offensive game is one in which the crowd sees things they couldn’t image doing. The Westbrook wow-factor stems from the uniqueness of his repertoire. Lebron, however, does things that make a reasonable person say, “Well, if I was 6-foot-9, 270 lbs, I would bulldoze my way through James Harden too.” To borrow from football; James is the best fullback we’ve ever seen, but we were led to believe he was the best halfback.

Did you just copy that shit from here?

http://charitybets.tumblr.com/post/25571762180/russell-westbrook-is-better-than-lebron-james-im

Prometheus
12-01-2014, 11:43 PM
Westbrook is better at missing layups.

dubeta
12-02-2014, 01:28 AM
So Durant basically has a player better than prime LeBron on his team and still cant even make the Finals :lol

3ball
12-02-2014, 02:18 AM
So Durant basically has a player better than prime LeBron on his team and still cant even make the Finals :lol
to be fair, OKC has been derailed the last two seasons by injury.

last season was their best chance to make the Finals again (and obviously win the Finals this time) until westbrook went down.

Prometheus
12-02-2014, 11:40 AM
to be fair, OKC has been derailed the last two seasons by injury.

last season was their best chance to make the Finals again (and obviously win the Finals this time) until westbrook went down.

... he was healthy for the playoffs ...

:facepalm

3ball
12-02-2014, 03:20 PM
... he was healthy for the playoffs ...

:facepalm
nice catch bro, i meant ibaka..

the interesting thing about this thread, is that lebron and westbrook are pretty close right now.

but we know that Jordan was a big step up from westbrook - for example, we know that Jordan got 3 times as many dunks per season as Westbrook (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352399), and was basically a bigger, stronger, more powerful, and much smarter version of westbrook.

so with Jordan being a big step up from Westbrook, it gives us perspective on how he would look in today's game (easily the best player itl).

and given how close westbrook and lebron are right now (westbrook has the edge actually), westbrook's status as a Jordan mini-me lets us see that Jordan's advantage over Lebron must also be significant.

aj1987
12-02-2014, 03:22 PM
and given how close westbrook and lebron are right now (westbrook has the edge actually), westbrook's status as a Jordan mini-me lets us see that Jordan's advantage over Lebron must also be significant.
:oldlol:

How do you even remember to breath?

3ball
12-02-2014, 03:35 PM
:oldlol:

Lebron's PER is 24 right now... westbrook has the edge on lebron for sure.

3ball
12-02-2014, 03:36 PM

like, we already know that it is a question between westbrook and durant as to who's team it is..

so imagine if jordan replaced westbrook - dunking 3 times as much as westbrook and being that much more dominant and smart: durant would instantly become Jordan's sidekick..

durant would be pippen with a better jumper... :confusedshrug:

SouBeachTalents
12-02-2014, 03:38 PM
like, we already know that it's a question between westbrook and durant as to who's team it is..

so imagine if jordan replaced westbrook - dunking 3 times as much as westbrook and being that much more dominant and smart: durant would instantly become Jordan's sidekick..

durant would be pippen with a better jumper... :confusedshrug:

And significantly worse defense

penny4president
12-02-2014, 03:50 PM
i hate that lebron guy... but i'm a basketball fan... lebron is far better than westbrook... top 10 ATG without a doubt

toneloc103
12-02-2014, 03:57 PM

Makes sense... LeBron did just get his 2nd POW in 3 weeks, but yeah he seems to be stumbling.... LMAO

toneloc103
12-02-2014, 04:00 PM
Did you just copy that shit from here?

http://charitybets.tumblr.com/post/25571762180/russell-westbrook-is-better-than-lebron-james-im

LOL...EXPOSED!!

j3lademaster
12-02-2014, 04:05 PM
but we know that Jordan was a big step up from westbrook - for example, we know that Jordan got 3 times as many dunks per season as Westbrook (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352399), and was basically a bigger, stronger, more powerful, and much smarter version of westbrook.

so with Jordan being a big step up from Westbrook, it gives us perspective on how he would look in today's game (easily the best player itl).

and given how close westbrook and lebron are right now (westbrook has the edge actually), westbrook's status as a Jordan mini-me lets us see that Jordan's advantage over Lebron must also be significant.How the fk did MJ get brought into this? :wtf:

3ball
12-02-2014, 04:10 PM
westbrook and lebron are really close right now.

westbrook's numbers against the Spurs last year in the playoffs are slightly better than lebron's Finals numbers, so westie is playing at the same or higher level against the best competition... he also had a 40 point, 10 assist game against those spurs, which lebron is not capable of doing.

and in the regular season, westbrook's numbers will equal lebron's this year - currently, lebron has a 24 PER.

but most importantly, at this point in their careers, westbrook's style and quickness disrupts the defense more than lebron's more measured, less aggressive style - i'm certain that westbrook has superior capability and effectiveness against the best competition right now - he was already there in last year's playoffs, and he's better now than he was then, while lebron has declined..

3ball
12-02-2014, 04:26 PM
lebron and westbrook are pretty close right now.

How the fk did MJ get brought into this? :wtf:

well, westbrook helps us understand how high a level jordan's ability was on - and it's not just that Jordan would obviously be the best player itl today.

comparing westbrook and MJ puts other things in perspective too... like, we already know that there's an ongoing question between westbrook and durant about who's team it is..

durant would be pippen with a better jumper, and as Southbeachtalents said, worse defense.

SugarHill
12-02-2014, 04:26 PM
they are really close right now.

westbrook's numbers against the Spurs last year in the playoffs are slightly better than lebron's Finals numbers, so westie is playing at the same or higher level against the best competition... he also had a 40 point, 10 assist game against those spurs, which lebron is not capable of doing.

and in the regular season, westbrook's numbers will just about equal lebron's this year.

but most importantly, westbrook's style and quickness disrupts the defense more than lebron's more measured, less aggressive style - i'm certain that westbrook has superior capability and effectiveness against the best competition right now - he showed that he was already there in last year's playoffs, and he's better now than he was then, while lebron has declined..
LeBron - 28/8/4 on 57% … 68 TS%

Westbrook - 27/6/7 on on 42% … 55 TS%

How were his numbers better? :facepalm :biggums:

How do you know what their numbers will be at the end of the season? The season is it in its infancy and Westbrook played a fraction of the games. :rolleyes:

3ball
12-02-2014, 04:53 PM

How were his numbers better? :facepalm :biggums:

How do you know what their numbers will be at the end of the season? The season is it in its infancy and Westbrook played a fraction of the games. :rolleyes:
the heat were not competitive - it has been proven that a significant portion of lebron's stats came in garbage time.

anytime there is a massive blowout in basketball, you never give props to the leading scorer on the losing team.

i remember watching a high school game once where one team got beat by 50... the leading scorer on the losing team had 17 points, but no one was giving him props for it... that is nonsensical.

dubeta
12-02-2014, 05:06 PM
the heat were not competitive - it has been proven that a significant portion of lebron's stats came in garbage time.

anytime there is a massive blowout in basketball, you never give props to the leading scorer on the losing team.

i remember watching a high school game once where one team got beat by 50... the leading scorer on the losing team had 17 points, but no one was giving him props for it... that is nonsensical.

Lol do u just copy and paste all your posts? :roll:

SugarHill
12-02-2014, 05:09 PM

Spurs blew out both teams, for the most part. In fact, the two worst losses from both teams against the Spurs came against the Thunder. If we're talking purely individual play, Westbrook wasn't as good as LeBron and that's what it was about. Just admit you were wrong. :coleman:

3ball
12-02-2014, 07:17 PM

all i said was "slightly better", which is true, since Westbrook's numbers against the Spurs (including a playoff record/GOAT 40 point and 10 assists in a win) were more impactful than lebron's, and durant's too for that matter... i don't think that's out of line from what most people think.

and btw, that's the only thing you disagree with (bolded below) in my previous post?

i'm cool with that... :cheers:

westbrook's numbers against the Spurs last year in the playoffs are slightly better than lebron's Finals numbers, so westie is playing at the same or higher level against the best competition.

and in the regular season, westbrook's numbers will just about equal lebron's this year - Lebron has a 24 PER right now.

evaluating westbrook's ability also helps us understand the extent of Jordan's superiority - and it's not just that Jordan is a bigger, stronger, more powerful, and much smarter version of westbrook, and therefore would easily be the best player itl today.

comparing westbrook and MJ puts other things in perspective too... like, we already know that there's an ongoing question between westbrook and durant about who's team it is..

so imagine if jordan replaced westbrook - dunking 3 times as much as Westbrook (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352399) and being that much more dominant and smart: durant would instantly become Jordan's sidekick..

durant would be pippen with a better jumper.

SugarHill
12-02-2014, 09:31 PM
all i said was "slightly better", which is true, since Westbrook's numbers against the Spurs (including a playoff record/GOAT 40 point and 10 assists in a win) were more impactful than lebron's, and durant's too for that matter... i don't think that's out of line from what most people think.

and btw, that's the only thing you disagree with (bolded below) in my previous post?

i'm cool with that... :cheers:

The numbers were not better as I clearly showed. You used a "blown out" excuse which I showed goes both ways but your obvious irrational hatred of LeBron won't let you concede.

I also said your theory on Westbrook having better numbers than LeBron to end the season based on 3 games played by Westbrook in a season that just started is silly as fvck. You didn't even reply :yaohappy:

I zoned out when you brought up Jordan. Couldn't care less to debate about that shit with you. Jordan is god. I pray to him daily. We okay on that end? :kobe: