PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love is, who we thought he was...

MJ(Mean John)
12-01-2014, 07:42 AM
At least, the guys who saw beyond the box score.

17/9? When he's going to the East, playing with Brahn? CMON man.

His numbers have been misleading.

He doesn't have a go to move,
Can't really create his own shot
Doesn't have a legit post game
Plays no defense,

I mean, I would have a problem paying him the Max. Why? Because you're not getting value for your money. I'd rather get me Noah+Gasol. Same money instead of getting love when he's a FA.

Nash
12-01-2014, 08:05 AM
He doesn't have a go to move,
Can't really create his own shot
Doesn't have a legit post game
Plays no defense,

yes he has a great jump hook which is his go to move
he can absolutely create his own shot in the post
his post game is good
his team defense has been improving

you can fault him for his bad athleticism and his shot not falling tho'.

Bandito
12-01-2014, 08:24 AM
yes he has a great jump hook which is his go to move
he can absolutely create his own shot in the post
his post game is good
his team defense has been improving

you can fault him for his bad athleticism and his shot not falling tho'.
When he was in Minesotta his used to make his shot just fine. What changed?

Nash
12-01-2014, 08:30 AM
When he was in Minesotta his used to make his shot just fine. What changed?
dunno, he misses wide open jumpers.

will probably get it back soon though

DukeDelonte13
12-01-2014, 09:25 AM
less touches = better or equal stats in Minny? :hammerhead:

lilteapot
12-01-2014, 09:34 AM
I guess you missed the game where he scored 28

Im Still Ballin
12-01-2014, 09:35 AM
The key IMO is to start Thompson and have Varejao off the bench

Love will play alot better

Bigsmoke
12-01-2014, 10:45 AM
Love number will go up

All Net
12-01-2014, 10:50 AM
Actually love is playing a lot better lately.

Mr. Jabbar
12-01-2014, 10:55 AM
hes a superstar thats why lebald chose him

SCdac
12-01-2014, 11:29 AM
I'm sure it's a huge adjustment for him right now. Shit he was the 'Lebron' on his own team last few years. Having said that, yea his numbers might have been a little misleading but he's still incredibly talented offensively. Not a big fan of 3-point shooting PF's with weak D though

DaRkJaWs
12-01-2014, 11:38 AM
Lord, the man had one 30 rebound game and his reputation is still based off of that. So f'ing stupid.

Akrazotile
12-01-2014, 11:58 AM
Been callin him overrated for years now, and it had nothing to do with minnesotas record.

When you watch him play, you just dont notice much impact. You often have to double check the box score at the end of the game because it nevers feels like he actually put up the numbers it says he did.

Problem is most people and especially the media cant see anything but numbers when it comes to evaluating players.

Le Shaqtus
12-01-2014, 12:32 PM
Bran makes his team mates worse obvi

crisoner
12-01-2014, 12:34 PM
Not judging yet.....mid season I will. These guys need more time to gel etc.

Nash
12-01-2014, 12:39 PM
Been callin him overrated for years now, and it had nothing to do with minnesotas record.

When you watch him play, you just dont notice much impact. You often have to double check the box score at the end of the game because it nevers feels like he actually put up the numbers it says he did.

Problem is most people and especially the media cant see anything but numbers when it comes to evaluating players.
Thats bs though, he does a lot of things that only stars can do. First of all he's great at the post, has a great midrange and whenever he gets it going with a few jump hooks and midrange j's he becomes more comfortable with the 3 point shoot. Also he is great at drawing a foul and tipping in offensive rebounds.

His game athletically isn't very good looking to the eye which maybe makes him seem less impressive but he's very good. He's obviously not 1st option material but he's way better 2nd or 3rd option than Bosh is.

Akrazotile
12-01-2014, 12:45 PM
Thats bs though, he does a lot of things that only stars can do. First of all he's great at the post, has a great midrange and whenever he gets it going with a few jump hooks and midrange j's he becomes more comfortable with the 3 point shoot. Also he is great at drawing a foul and tipping in offensive rebounds.

His game athletically isn't very good looking to the eye which maybe makes him seem less impressive but he's very good. He's obviously not 1st option material but he's way better 2nd or 3rd option than Bosh is.

Well someone like Duncan can play 25 minutes and at the end of the game you were like "dude was sturdy as fukk in there, hes clearly a difference maker."

Piling up stats on a bad team is not hard to do. Weve seen tons of guys do it and then get a big contract somewhere else and fail to deliver an impact. And especially Love who seems to go for stats even more than the average player.

Im not saying hes a scrub or a liability clearly, but hes def not the star hes been built up to be, IMO.