PDA

View Full Version : Help the Suns construct a trade

Mrofir
12-01-2014, 02:50 PM
This team has a video game roster. They have some talent but they have no structure or identity and they have too many players who need the ball in order to thrive. They have tons of draft picks but no available minutes to develop anyone. They are a playoff bubble team that looks destined to finish 9th again this year. They are weak at the 5. They gave Bledsoe too much money and are missing Channing Frye. They are in purgatory. They do have trade assets, lots.

Primary Trade assets:

Dragic
Len
Plumlee
G. Green
Draft Picks

Some players I think the Suns should consider targeting:

J. Sullinger
J. Noah
JJ Hickson

Some examples I'm not satisfied with --

Dragic, Green, and Plumlee for Noah -- Bulls probably don't bite

Green and Plumlee for JJ Hickson -- net improvement to Suns backcourt but if they trade for a 6'9 front court player it'd be better if he could shoot 3s.

Dragic + Green + Pick for Sullinger and Jeff Green -- not sure this makes sense for Boston

Any GOOD ideas?

Mrofir
12-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Judging by response, Suns are doomed

NugzFan
12-01-2014, 05:50 PM
I might be missing something but the green/plumlee for hickson trade looks good. Maybe bc green always lights us up?

BlackWhiteGreen
12-01-2014, 05:56 PM
Celtics trade on of their few bigs for Dragic (who plays at the same position as their best player and is also a FA at the end of the year) and trade one Green for another (essentially a wash) which makes them better how?

Rather do Len, the Lakers pick and filler for Sullinger and Green

Mrofir
12-01-2014, 06:18 PM
I might be missing something but the green/plumlee for hickson trade looks good. Maybe bc green always lights us up?

Yeah I thought of this trade after the Nuggets Suns game a few days ago (the one the Suns won)

Mrofir
12-01-2014, 06:36 PM
Celtics trade on of their few bigs for Dragic (who plays at the same position as their best player and is also a FA at the end of the year) and trade one Green for another (essentially a wash) which makes them better how?

Rather do Len, the Lakers pick and filler for Sullinger and Green

Totally agree -- Interesting though that you have any interest in Len... I feel like his ceiling on a contender would be 2nd string serviceable and he's not there yet.

livingby3's
12-01-2014, 09:51 PM
Who do u see being our primary point guard if the Suns were to trade Dragic? And u are looking to package Green as well.

How will our backcourt look?

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-02-2014, 02:47 AM
give us Len/whatever for J Hill

KingPush
12-02-2014, 03:00 AM
Thomas for Lin

fiddy
12-02-2014, 03:11 AM
Dragic for Lin

BigBoss
12-02-2014, 03:18 AM
Eric Bledsoe
Dragic

For

Jeremy Lin
Jim Buss
Magic Johnson Statue

imnew09
12-02-2014, 03:23 AM
Dragic for Nash + Lin + Money

masonanddixon
12-02-2014, 03:25 AM
lol you want the Suns to trade away its best player?

What you should be advocating instead is getting rid of Thomas and Bledsoe for a decent big man

BigBoss
12-02-2014, 03:27 AM
Dragic for Nash + Lin + Money

The bronze from Magic Johnson's statue should cover the $.

Mrofir
12-02-2014, 03:48 AM
lol you want the Suns to trade away its best player?

What you should be advocating instead is getting rid of Thomas and Bledsoe for a decent big man

Dragic is leaving after this season. Suns chose Bledsoe when they paid him imo.

Mrofir
12-02-2014, 03:54 AM
Who do u see being our primary point guard if the Suns were to trade Dragic? And u are looking to package Green as well.

How will our backcourt look?

I'd think Thomas sees about 30mpg at PG with Bledsoe splitting time between the 1 and 2...18mpg at each seems reasonable. He is the star so he should embrace the challenge of playing where the Suns need him.

Tucker would split time between 2-3, Marcus Morris would see lots of time at 3, and TJ Warren would get 10-15mpg at the 3 and occasionally the 4.

Markieff is a 36mpg PF, with Randolph and Warren backing him up.

Center spot would be the new acquisition with whoever's left backing him up.

example

Thomas/Bledsoe
Bledsoe/Tucker/Goodwin
Morris/Tucker/Warren
Morris/Randolph/Warren
Noah/Plumlee

Done_And_Done
12-02-2014, 04:28 AM
I don't see the Bulls being enticed by anything the Sun's have to make them even consider trading Noah.

Xover
12-02-2014, 12:27 PM
I know bledsoe's contract is huge but I'm prepared to say some teams are willing to trade for him considering the inflation factor in the market. Imo everyone on the suns roster is tradeable except TJ warren and Len. In saying that, if the suns choose to part with a point guard they will keep the other 2 primary PGs (Dragic, Bledsoe and Thomas).