PDA

View Full Version : How many games will you need to win to make playoffs in the west? Prediction

toxicxr6
12-02-2014, 08:04 AM
Looking at these west standings it's already looking like it could be a record amount of wins required to make the playoffs in the west. If you look at the standings there are 7 teams with a 70%+ win percentage.. And we know OKC is probably going to make a run for the playoffs as well..
Those 7 teams are all on pace right now to win 58+ games this season.. Now I have no doubt that won't happen.. But it's still concerning to think it may actually take 54-55 wins to make playoffs in the west because it's looking possible right now.
The only team of the 7 I think could drop off is Houston as the season wears them down.. Plus they have had a super easy schedule so far.. I think OKC and Phoenix will fight it out for the last playoff slot..

So my prediction..
53 wins to make playoffs this season in the west

StephHamann
12-02-2014, 08:26 AM

Demitri98
12-02-2014, 09:46 AM
If a 50 win team misses the playoffs in the West and a below .500 team makes it in the East, the NBA will have no choice but to change the playoff seeding format. Refs will rig it for OKC to make it doe. Too good for the league.

BigTicket
12-02-2014, 10:03 AM
Probably about the same as last year, so ~48 wins.

And the unlucky #9 is likely to be Phoenix, same as last year.

Grizzlies, Warriors, Blazers, Rockets, Spurs, Mavericks and Clippers all seem like locks to make it, baring major injuries. That leaves the Suns and Thunder to fight it out for 8th place, and I think the Thunder will make it now that Westbrook and Durant are mostly healthy.

I<3NBA
12-02-2014, 10:05 AM
franchises that have been sucking for 10+ years need to have their owner/s replaced

Top Gun
12-02-2014, 10:42 AM
49 wins. OKC will get 51 and the 7th seed.

GimmeThat
12-02-2014, 12:08 PM
so you know, when you live on the East Coast.

and you love basketball, you probably DO watch the double headers

but if you live on the West Coast.

you'd have to be rent free to the extreme (no idea what that even means)

to even watch the East Coast games