PDA

View Full Version : Are Wade, Durant, Kobe fulfilling expectations this season?

dubeta
12-03-2014, 01:06 AM
Have the 3 superstars Wade, Kobe, Durant been fulfilling expectations this season, or have they underperformed?

LAL and OKC look like they might not make the playoffs, and the Heat look like they are extremely vulnerable, might not be able to win the 50+ games people were predicting

Discuss

SouBeachTalents
12-03-2014, 01:07 AM
Is LeBron? What's the Cavs record?

navy
12-03-2014, 01:08 AM
Dubeta is a Kobe stan in disguise. No way he is for real.

Fire Colangelo
12-03-2014, 01:09 AM
one thing I did not expect is chris bosh leading his team to a similar record to lebron

dubeta
12-03-2014, 01:10 AM

Top 5 record in the conference on a team with barely any playoff experience outside of Lebron

Fire Colangelo
12-03-2014, 01:13 AM
Top 5 record in the conference on a team with barely any playoff experience outside of Lebron

what does playoff experience have to do with the regular season....? it's too early to use that excuse :confusedshrug:

jrong
12-03-2014, 01:16 AM
one thing I did not expect is chris bosh leading his team to a similar record to lebron

Bosh isn't leading the team.

As for the question, Wade is putting up (rounded to the whole) 21 points with 6 dimes on 54% shooting, so I'd say he's exceeding most people's expectations (although he's not meeting mine, except in FG%, where he's surpassing it).

I don't think most people expected Durant to miss the first month of the season.

I don't know how to answer the question with respect to Kobe. I will say the way he's decided to play is, sadly, unsurprising.

Nuff Said
12-03-2014, 01:24 AM
what does playoff experience have to do with the regular season....? it's too early to use that excuse :confusedshrug:
:oldlol:

Fire Colangelo
12-03-2014, 01:25 AM
Bosh isn't leading the team.

As for the question, Wade is putting up (rounded to the whole) 21 points with 6 dimes on 54% shooting, so I'd say he's exceeding most people's expectations (although he's not meeting mine, except in FG%, where he's surpassing it)

I don't think most people expected Durant to miss the first month of the season.

I don't know how to answer the question with respect to Kobe. I will say the way he's decided to play is, sadly, unsurprising.

Out of 17 games played, Wade played in 10.

How can you be leading your team if you played only like half of the games?

Mr. Jabbar
12-03-2014, 01:27 AM

dubeta just coming from a ban, still rusty. will shoot himself in the foot couple more times before he is in full troll form

dubeta
12-03-2014, 01:29 AM

nice way of saying career losers

Fire Colangelo
12-03-2014, 01:38 AM
nice way of saying career losers

Larry Bird came in the league in the 1979-1980 season and led the Celtics (who didn't make the playoffs for two years straight, very similar to the cavs) to a 61-21 record and 12-3 in their first 15 games.

I guess that settles it;

Bird > LeBron

jrong
12-03-2014, 01:38 AM
Out of 17 games played, Wade played in 10.

How can you be leading your team if you played only like half of the games?

When the team's best player when you're out is your sub, and outside of that they're helpless. Bosh had the chance to make the Heat his own when Wade was out. But, if not for Chalmers, they'd have gone 0 - 7 in those games instead of 3 - 4.

Bosh has outscored Wade in exactly 3 games that they both played this year (two of them by 1 and 2 pts). Wade has to make up a deficit of exactly 11 pts to become the leading scorer on the team. If not this week, I'd expect it by next.

Wade is shooting 54%. Bosh is shooting 47% (as a big). Bosh shoots 40 percent without Wade. The offense is 5 pts better with Wade on the floor.

That's how.

Smoke117
12-03-2014, 01:47 AM
When the team's best player when you're out is your sub, and outside of that they're helpless. Bosh had the chance to make the Heat his own when Wade was out. But, if not for Chalmers, they'd have gone 0 - 7 in those games instead of 3 - 4.

Bosh has outscored Wade in exactly 3 games that they both played this year (two of them by 1 and 2 pts). Wade has to make up a deficit of exactly 11 pts to become the leading scorer on the team. If not this week, I'd expect it by next.

Wade is shooting 54%. Bosh is shooting 47% (as a big). Bosh shoots 40 percent without Wade. The offense is 5 pts better with Wade on the floor.

That's how.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Fire Colangelo
12-03-2014, 01:56 AM

That's how.

The team is obviously gonna take a hit when one of the best two players go down. They won't do much better had it been Bosh that sat out 7 games instead of Wade.

Yes, Wade is the better player when they're both playing. But Wade's missed almost half of the games so far.

Don't know where you got the bolded part, because Bosh outscored Wade in the first four games they played together.

Bosh's shooting numbers without Wade are highly skewed by that one game where he went 2-17, and that's huge in a 7 game sample.

As for impact, I'd argue that Bosh is just as impactful as Wade, just because the Heat don't really have a serviceable big behind Bosh (other than an injured McRoberts). And without Bosh, Heat's already thin front court will just get eaten alive. At lease Chalmers stepped up when Wade went down, I don't see the likes of UD/Birdman/etc go for 25 points anytime soon if Bosh goes down.

Anyways, Wade is no doubt the Heat's best player when he's playing, but so far he's only played in a little more than half of their games. I'm sure looking back at it at the end of the season, Wade will be the clear leader of the Heat (give that he doesn't miss like 30 games). It's just that you can't be the leader of a team when you're only playing half of the games.

Dresta
12-03-2014, 06:52 AM
The team is obviously gonna take a hit when one of the best two players go down. They won't do much better had it been Bosh that sat out 7 games instead of Wade.

Yes, Wade is the better player when they're both playing. But Wade's missed almost half of the games so far.

Don't know where you got the bolded part, because Bosh outscored Wade in the first four games they played together.

Bosh's shooting numbers without Wade are highly skewed by that one game where he went 2-17, and that's huge in a 7 game sample.

As for impact, I'd argue that Bosh is just as impactful as Wade, just because the Heat don't really have a serviceable big behind Bosh (other than an injured McRoberts). And without Bosh, Heat's already thin front court will just get eaten alive. At lease Chalmers stepped up when Wade went down, I don't see the likes of UD/Birdman/etc go for 25 points anytime soon if Bosh goes down.

Anyways, Wade is no doubt the Heat's best player when he's playing, but so far he's only played in a little more than half of their games. I'm sure looking back at it at the end of the season, Wade will be the clear leader of the Heat (give that he doesn't miss like 30 games). It's just that you can't be the leader of a team when you're only playing half of the games.
That's not an argument for being more impactful when they both play, only more important due to a severe lack of possible replacements if Bosh were to get injured (and having what has turned out to be a decent replacement for Wade in Chalmers).

Fire Colangelo
12-03-2014, 07:02 AM
That's not an argument for being more impactful when they both play, only more important due to a severe lack of possible replacements if Bosh were to get injured (and having what has turned out to be a decent replacement for Wade in Chalmers).

I just think that Bosh is equally important to this Heat team as Wade is. Even though Wade's the better player

dunksby
12-03-2014, 07:04 AM

That's how.
Teams can contain either of Bosh/Wade if they are one their own, Wade's efficiency has a lot to do with Bosh's presence. Simply said Heat are a better team when they are both playing.

NZStreetBaller
12-03-2014, 07:36 AM
Kobe has exceeded most peoples expectations

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=343786

theres heaps more threads but yeah

Wades doing better then people expected too.

Lebron is underperforming he was meant to be an MVP lock while dominating the east.

riseagainst
12-03-2014, 10:46 AM

:roll:
/ether
/end thread

swagga
12-03-2014, 11:12 AM
dubeta just coming from a ban, still rusty. will shoot himself in the foot couple more times before he is in full troll form

doe, is dubeta your troll? god bless.

G0ATbe
12-03-2014, 11:15 AM
Kobe has gone far and beyond expectations. Ranked 40 something and then goes out on a rampage, is now the clear cut best player in the nba at the moment:applause: :applause: . If not 1a,1b with Durant.

dubeta
12-03-2014, 11:17 AM
Kobe has gone far and beyond expectations. Ranked 40 something and then goes out on a rampage, is now the clear cut best player in the nba at the moment:applause: :applause: . If not 1a,1b with Durant.

The eye test says otherwise

AnaheimLakers24
12-03-2014, 12:08 PM
yes, they all have. bran hasnt though. to be expected though.

lilteapot
12-03-2014, 12:11 PM
Kobe has exceeded expectations in my opinion. He has looked much better than I thought he would, despite the poor shooting performances.

Durant it's too early to tell, but he did get 27 points which is a good sign.

Wade has been pretty much what I expected. Will miss a bunch of games but will be very good in the games he does play in.

dubeta
12-03-2014, 12:14 PM
yes, they all have. bran hasnt though. to be expected though.

So it was expected that Bran didn't fulfill expectations? Then how are they expectations :lol

trabash
12-03-2014, 12:17 PM
[...] OKC look like they might not make the playoffs [...]

There is no possible way OKC doesn't make the Playoffs, now that Westbrook and Durant returned earlier than expected. It's just created by the media to have something to write about.

Dragonyeuw
12-03-2014, 02:09 PM
Kobe is producing more than I thought ( on low percentages), if the Lakers had a truly decent 2nd option he could settle into a 23ppg type role on better efficiency. The fact that he has to play 36 mins a night at his age( and coming off a career-threatening injury) just to keep the Lakers from being a complete embarrassment is crazy, dude's gonna have no cartilage in his knees by the time he's done.

KG215
12-03-2014, 04:03 PM
Have the 3 superstars Wade, Kobe, Durant been fulfilling expectations this season, or have they underperformed?

LAL and OKC look like they might not make the playoffs, and the Heat look like they are extremely vulnerable, might not be able to win the 50+ games people were predicting

Discuss

What a shitty troll.

dubeta
12-03-2014, 04:05 PM

What a shitty troll.

So you're booking a playoff appearance?

3peated
12-03-2014, 04:14 PM
Hey, Dubeta. Can i have your real life address? I'd like to kill you in real life.

J Shuttlesworth
12-03-2014, 04:44 PM
dubeta = goat volume troll :applause:
:lol :lol

He's pretty good though. I love to see how easily he gets a rise out of people. Normally his threads are multiple pages

Eat Like A Bosh
12-03-2014, 05:25 PM
I would say Kobe's exceeding expectations. As inefficient as he is, it;s still impressive that he manages to put up those numbers playing over 36 minutes a night at this age. It takes skill to chuck up shots. The average player in this league cannot find the room to put up more than 10 shots a game.

Wade as well. He's been remarkably efficient and has really been picking his spots. Wade and Bosh function best when they're both on the floor. If Bosh goes down, I expect Wade's percentages to dip dramatically.

As for Durant, that was an average game for him. Meh. First game back, sample size too small.

SexSymbol
12-03-2014, 05:39 PM
Kobe has been good all around, his defense is average, scoring so so with the inefficieny, but his all around game with 5-5 is good.
One thing I didn't expect is for Kobe to reach his 25-5-5 career numbers, and he's exceeding it.
In some crazy way you could still argue it's still his tail-end prime years, which is amazing, best longevity without a doubt

Dragonyeuw
12-03-2014, 05:53 PM
In some crazy way you could still argue it's still his tail-end prime years, which is amazing, best longevity without a doubt

No, you really cant make that argument. Scoring at 39% clip just to maintain your career average, with mediocre defense in no way shape or form represents any part of Kobe's prime. That he's still playing this way is not only a testament to him, but a sad indictment on the current state of the league and his position in particular.

Lebronxrings
12-03-2014, 05:54 PM
nope

dubeta
12-03-2014, 05:58 PM
nope

Unless you're one of us who already knew they would be this bad :cheers:

LeBron Family sets objective expectations for players

Fudge
12-03-2014, 06:06 PM

What a shitty troll.
:roll:

GrapeApe
12-03-2014, 06:10 PM
Kobe's putting up nice all around numbers, but his team is bad and he's shooting poorly. Pretty much what was expected. Wade has looked great and is the most efficient guard in the league, but he's missed some games. Again, pretty much as expected. Both are still clearly all star players. It's early but I'd say they've met or slightly exceeded expectations so far.

Durant has played one game so mentioning him is stupid, but that's OP.

dubeta
05-08-2015, 01:59 PM
So........

Did they?