12-03-2014, 01:44 AM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

MVP

J Shuttlesworth
12-03-2014, 02:37 AM
GOAT :bowdown:

Akrazotile
12-03-2014, 02:45 AM
Currys shot is so weird, it looks like hes just flicking the ball up casually, as opposed to someone like ray allen who employs textbook form/mechanics.....

And yet, hes still so accurate. Crazy.

ThatCoolKid
12-03-2014, 02:48 AM
Yeah, anyone else takes the shots Curry takes and they are a low IQ chucker. Curry was just tossing 3s up at the end, even when they were tied with a full shot clock.

SyRyanYang
12-03-2014, 02:49 AM
Currys shot is so weird, it looks like hes just flicking the ball up casually, as opposed to someone like ray allen who employs textbook form/mechanics.....

I wouldn't call Ray Allen's jumper textbook if you take a closer look.

Curry's mechanics are not bad at all, its his lighting quick release that fooled you.

ImKobe
12-03-2014, 02:49 AM
I'm just baffled at how he takes even worse 3PT attempts than Kobe and just swishes them, dude is the GOAT beyond the arc.

AboutBuckets
12-03-2014, 02:53 AM
If he makes them at a decent clip, are his dribble-pull-up threes really a 'dumb' shot, or are they just dumb shots for those who can't shoot it as well as he can? Shot selection is not an objective, set-in-stone concept

ImKobe
12-03-2014, 02:54 AM
If he makes them at a decent clip, are his dribble-pull-up threes really a 'dumb' shot, or are they just dumb shots for those who can't shoot it as well as he can? Shot selection is not an objective, set-in-stone concept

Well, they are bad shots in theory :confusedshrug:

SamuraiSWISH
12-03-2014, 02:54 AM
Know what you mean. He basically shoots a quick release set shot / jumper hybrid.

J Shuttlesworth
12-03-2014, 02:55 AM
Yeah, anyone else takes the shots Curry takes and they are a low IQ chucker. Curry was just tossing 3s up at the end, even when they were tied with a full shot clock.
Curry is one of the only guys in history who deserves the right to pull up for a 3 any time he wants

AboutBuckets
12-03-2014, 02:57 AM
Well, they are bad shots in theory :confusedshrug:

Kendrick Perkins coming off a screen at the elbow for a pull-up jumper is a bad shot. Kevin Durant taking the same attempt is considered an in-rhythm aspect of OKC's offense. Many players crossing their defender over into a stepback 3pt attempt is a bad shot - but Steph Curry excels at this (probably shoots a higher % on these than the league average for spot up 3s). Is it still a 'bad shot'?

Jailblazers7
12-03-2014, 02:57 AM

Yeah, it's why I think he has the best touch I've ever seen on his shot. The quick realease, scoop floaters, etc. Dude has the most natural talent with the ball coming off his hand that I think I've ever seen.

AboutBuckets
12-03-2014, 03:00 AM
Yeah, it's why I think he has the best touch I've ever seen on his shot. The quick realease, scoop floaters, etc. Dude has the most natural talent with the ball coming off his hand that I think I've ever seen.

Never thought about that before but I agree he's up there. Other honorable mentions (for me) would be Kyrie on the spin on his finishes around the rim, Gervin's finger rolls, and MJ's mid/post game

Jailblazers7
12-03-2014, 03:02 AM
Never thought about that before but I agree he's up there. Other honorable mentions (for me) would be Kyrie on the spin on his finishes around the rim, Gervin's finger rolls, and MJ's mid/post game

Yeah, a lot of guys have their money shots but Curry just has it from so many angles and releases. I think the only person I'd compare him to in that regard is Bird.

SamuraiSWISH
12-03-2014, 03:02 AM
LMAO @ the MVP talk though

RoundMoundOfReb
12-03-2014, 03:07 AM
Why? Derrick Rose won an MVP playing at a lower level.

Heavincent
12-03-2014, 03:08 AM

He's the best player on a 15-2 team in a historically stacked conference and is having 50/40/90 season. Seems MVP worthy to me.

Warfan
12-03-2014, 03:09 AM

So who's your mvp? Is he not at least one of the top candidates? Played very well this season and is leading the warriors to the best record in the league (tied w/memphis, gasol is playing great too). With durant being out and the cavs/bron struggling, I don't see how it's a joke to say steph is the mvp or at least in contention.

Heavincent
12-03-2014, 03:12 AM
So who's your mvp? Is he not at least one of the top candidates? Played very well this season and is leading the warriors to the best record in the league (tied w/memphis, gasol is playing great too). With durant being out and the cavs/bron struggling, I don't see how it's a joke to say steph is the mvp or at least in contention.

Some people still don't understand how great Steph Curry is. He's probably having the best PG season since CP3 in 08.

Droid101
12-03-2014, 03:13 AM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

MVP
Much better than LeBron I agree.

brandonislegend
12-03-2014, 03:14 AM
If D Rose can win a MVP anything is possible.

1987_Lakers
12-03-2014, 03:16 AM

LMAO @ Rose winning the MVP

GimmeThat
12-03-2014, 03:18 AM
a Tayshuan Prince would do wonder to that team

SamuraiSWISH
12-03-2014, 03:42 AM
Why? Derrick Rose won an MVP playing at a lower level.
Lower level?

Derrick Rose 25 ppg 8 apg ... for an ENTIRE season.

Stephen Curry currently 24 ppg 8 apg ... on December 3rd.

How is that Derrick playing at a lower level? The Warriors are definitely more talented.

Derrick did his damage with significantly less offensive help, on a much slower paced offensive team 23rd compared to 2015 Warriors 1st.

Which means Rose was shouldering a larger offensive burden. Derrick was also the superior defender than current Curry, even with his improvements and gaudy steals numbers. Which are boosted playing along side Klay, Iguodala, and their own fomidable interior defense.

Curry is obviously a candidate. But it's moot. It's too early in the season for any of this kind of MVP talk. The year Rose won MVP, in December the MVP would've been given to Amare Stoudemire.

By the end of the season:

D. Rose
Dwight
LeBron
D. Wade
Dirk

Were all clearly better players. I don't name MVPs in December. It's absurd. Are the Raptors, and Wizards the best teams in the East too? Just take it easy fellas. Bust your wad too early.

Heavincent
12-03-2014, 03:51 AM
Lower level?

How is that Derrick playing at a lower level?

Derrick did his damage with significantly less offensive help, on a much slower paced offensive team 23rd compared to 2015 Warriors 1st.

Which means Rose was shouldering a larger offensive burden. Derrick was also the superior defender than current Curry, even with his improvements and gaudy steals numbers. Which are boosted playing along side Klay, Iguodala, and their own fomidable interior defense.

Curry is obviously a candidate. But it's moot. It's too early in the season for any of this kind of MVP talk. The year Rose won MVP, in December the MVP would've been given to Amare Stoudemire.

By the end of the season:

D. Rose
Dwight
LeBron
D. Wade
Dirk

Were all clearly better players. I don't name MVPs in December. It's absurd. Are the Raptors, and Wizards the best teams in the East too? Just take it easy fellas. Bust your wad too early.

You know Steph put up similar numbers last year, right? He will probably sustain this level of production (barring injury), and the Warriors will likely finish with a top 3 record in the league. I don't understand why you scoff at the idea of Curry winning the MVP. It's very possible, especially when you consider past MVP criteria, and the fact that pretty much everyone loves Curry (narrative and player likability is a significant factor in MVP voting).

His efficiency is incredible. 50% overall and 42% on 3's. Definitely more efficient than Rose was in 2011. Don't get me wrong, I actually do believe Rose deserved the MVP, but Curry is better imo.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-03-2014, 03:52 AM
Lower level?

How is that Derrick playing at a lower level?

Shooting percentages? Look at the way defenses play Curry off the ball dude is being face guarded as soon as he steps over half court without the ball. it's absurd. His team basically plays 4-on-4 on offense because of him. He is WAY better off-ball than Rose was and like just as good on ball. Raw #s are a bad argument for PG play anyways. Steve Nash won MVPs putting up like 17/10 on Curry level efficiency. Why is it so absurd for somebody to put up 24/8 on 60%+TS and winning on what seems to be a 60ish win pace to win MVP?

Curry is obviously a candidate.

If he is obviously a candidate then why should we "LOL at the MVP talk"? I'm not saying he's a lock to win, but I seriously think he could. Who are the other candidates?

Durant- Missing 15 games hurts his case....his team won't be a super high seed
LeBron - 9-7....in the east...not a strong case right now
Harden - Maybe but Curry is flat out better and winning more games
Marc - I have him #2 right now
cp3 - 7th seed right now

Btw, I don't really think Rose was undeserving of his MVP, but to say Curry winning MVP is laughable but Rose winning is 100% legitimate is contradictory.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-03-2014, 03:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma34B8CrTlU

SamuraiSWISH
12-03-2014, 03:56 AM
I don't understand why you scoff at the idea of Curry winning the MVP.
I'm actually scoffing at calling ANYONE MVP on December 3rd. That's the point. Never did I say Curry couldn't finish the season with the award.

Point me to where I said that as well, please.

His efficiency is incredible. 50% overall and 42% on 3's. Definitely more efficient than Rose was in 2011. Don't get me wrong, I actually do believe Rose deserved the MVP, but Curry is better imo.
He plays on a more talented team, with diverse weapons. His back court running mate alone puts up over 20 ppg himself. Thus allowing him better looks.

Rose was keyed on by every defense he faced. The talent discrepancy, and pace difference is alarming. Curry is no better than Rose was in 2011. Retro active mental gymnastics.

Obviously that means Steph has been outstanding, but I don't crown champions, or MVPs in December. It's dumb.

oarabbus
12-03-2014, 03:58 AM
I wouldn't call Ray Allen's jumper textbook if you take a closer look.

Curry's mechanics are not bad at all, its his lighting quick release that fooled you.

:biggums:

http://basketball.stack.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Ray-Allen-Shooting-Form-%E2%80%94-STACK.jpg

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/art/sports/links/rayallen_jumpshot.jpg

http://4.kicksonfire.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/air-jordan-11-xi-championship-colorway-ray-allen-pe-3.jpg

Jailblazers7
12-03-2014, 03:59 AM
And now it's a Rose vs Curry thread lol. I literally said that Curry is the best natural shooter ever besides maybe Bird and somehow "lol @ MVP talk" is the craziest comment in this thread.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-03-2014, 04:01 AM
And now it's a Rose vs Curry thread lol. I literally said that Curry is the best natural shooter ever besides maybe Bird and somehow "lol @ MVP talk" is the craziest comment in this thread.

Because that isn't crazy at all. Steph Curry is the best shooter in NBA history.

Jailblazers7
12-03-2014, 04:01 AM

http://basketball.stack.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Ray-Allen-Shooting-Form-%E2%80%94-STACK.jpg

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/art/sports/links/rayallen_jumpshot.jpg

http://4.kicksonfire.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/air-jordan-11-xi-championship-colorway-ray-allen-pe-3.jpg

Honestly, Ray's elbow is too far out to be textbook from what I've been taught. Still amazing but that's just me.

SamuraiSWISH
12-03-2014, 04:04 AM
And now it's a Rose vs Curry thread lol.
People only brought up D. Rose to spite me, or bait me, all because I LOL'ed at "MVP talk" ... not because Curry hasn't been balling, but because that type of overzealous talk just days in to December is complete nonsense.

Bless Mathews
12-03-2014, 04:05 AM
1-8 in last minute of game career now.

Let's not get out of hand.

:facepalm

oarabbus
12-03-2014, 04:07 AM
People only brought up D. Rose to spite me, or bait me, all because I LOL'ed at "MVP talk" ... not because Curry hasn't been balling, but because that type of overzealous talk just days in to December is complete nonsense.

He's in the running for MVP right now are you denying that :confusedshrug:

Kyle Lowry's in the running too. DeMarcus Cousins. Bosh. Lamarcus. Harden. Gasol. Hell there are a lot of guys in the running for MVP. We know it's December.

oarabbus
12-03-2014, 04:08 AM

He's had multiple gamewinners before :biggums:

Jailblazers7
12-03-2014, 04:08 AM

Wait, you mean career game winners? Not sure what that sentence means?

Bless Mathews
12-03-2014, 04:09 AM

He's had multiple gamewinners before :biggums:

3's? Just saw it cuz.

oarabbus
12-03-2014, 04:09 AM
http://instagram.com/p/wHhBIAzfRr/ steph :rockon:

SamuraiSWISH
12-03-2014, 04:10 AM
He's in the running for MVP right now are you denying that :confusedshrug:
MVP running weeks before Christmas? Is that even a thing ... he's been one of the best players in the league. It's still way too early to definitely call someone MVP, which a few people already did. How is what I said that ridiculous?

DCL
12-03-2014, 04:11 AM
season is 82 games...

but dude has been en fuego since the start of the season

Inferno
12-03-2014, 04:12 AM
:rockon: :rockon:

hahaitme
12-03-2014, 04:16 AM
On the side note of Ray Allen's jumper; it's not exactly text book (well that really depends on who writes the text book right?)

You teach some un-athletic teenagers his jumper and they're going to struggle from beyond the arc. He basically uses mostly upper body strength to get his shot off, you can see this very clearly when you watch his FT's.

Curry on the other hand shoots the way up. It is kind of like a hybrid between a jumper and a set shot, but this type of shooting gives you deep range. His lower body provides all the power and his upper the accuracy.

You're either jumping to shoot OVER the defender (Ray, Kobe, etc.) or getting your shot off quicker before the defender can close on you (Curry). Personally I think the way Curry shoots it makes more sense, unless you need to fade or something - which is probably not a good shot to take in the first place. :confusedshrug:

RoseCity07
12-03-2014, 04:51 AM

I think Curry's shot is actually far more textbook than Allen's. Curry doesn't **** the ball like other player. It's such a smooth motion into his release. I've been trying to do it in the summer and people have commented how my shot looks so much better and is way more consistent. Of course I'm no Curry but I've noticed I'm much more consistent since my shot is less mechanical.

SamuraiSWISH
12-03-2014, 04:55 AM
I think Curry's shot is actually far more textbook
No, it's unorthodox. As I said on the first page, it's more set shot than jumper.

Inferno
12-03-2014, 05:02 AM
Curry's shot is definitely not orthodox. Klay's is a much more textbook-looking shot...Steph shoots on the way up and shoots it like straight in front of his body as its coming up

Jailblazers7
12-03-2014, 05:04 AM
Curry's alignment with his body is better than Ray's and his motion is flawless. The only unconventional thing is his release.

But yeah Inferno is pot on. Klay has a near perfect shot.

RoseCity07
No, it's unorthodox. As I said on the first page, it's more set shot than jumper.

Curry has perfect form. His shot is like when you put the ball in one arm and shoot straight up into the air. Most people can't do that in a game. To me that's text book perfect. Just shoot a free throw one armed. You'll be forced to release the ball at the correct time. It's the guide hand that screws most shots up.

Take someone like Kobe and he does have an unorthodox form. I've seen videos where he talks about where he brings the ball and he feels right shooting it.

Heavincent
What makes Curry unique is that his feet don't need to be set...he can just fire away at any time. In the game against Miami, he picked the ball off the ground and shot a 3, all in one motion...and splash. ****ing ridiculous.

Bless Mathews
12-03-2014, 05:06 AM
Wait, you mean career game winners? Not sure what that sentence means?

First career go ahead 3 in last minute of game.

1-8 now. Was 0-7.

Smh

pegasus
12-03-2014, 11:50 AM
Curry shoots like as if the ball is a part of his body. It can't get any more fluent than that.

lilteapot
12-03-2014, 11:54 AM
not sure why it's so ridiculous to you, he's played really well and while I don't have him pegged as the MVP, i can see why one would vote for him.

AnaheimLakers24
12-03-2014, 12:09 PM
will never win a ring for warriors

ArbitraryWater
12-03-2014, 12:11 PM
anaheimlakers24 OWNS this forum.. posts whatever trash the **** he wants against ANY player except kobe, and keeps a green bar :applause:

lilteapot
12-03-2014, 12:12 PM
anaheimlakers24 OWNS this forum.. posts whatever trash the **** he wants against ANY player except kobe, and keeps a green bar :applause:
green bar means nothing when most of the people repping him are trolling retards.

AboutBuckets
12-03-2014, 01:33 PM
Curry doesn't **** the ball like other player.

Lol at how ISH censored the word cawk used in its proper form

sportjames23
12-03-2014, 02:14 PM
Honestly, Ray's elbow is too far out to be textbook from what I've been taught. Still amazing but that's just me.

Huh? You can't much more textbook than Ray Ray. About the only other guy I'd say as textbook or maybe--MAYBE--more than Ray is Mark Price.

sportjames23
12-03-2014, 02:16 PM
http://instagram.com/p/wHhBIAzfRr/ steph :rockon:

Too busy looking at ol girl in the vid. :bowdown:

DoodleDa
12-03-2014, 06:54 PM
:roll:

The shooting comments in this thread really shows you who actually played the sport.

inclinerator
12-03-2014, 08:09 PM
his bars are slowly dwindling

dreamwarrior
12-03-2014, 08:17 PM
Ray Ray has a pretty looking jumper like Kobe but he's only a career .450fg% shooter and .480% 2p% just like kobe. Curry's jumper and release is just as good as Ray's, but his quick release is what makes him more accurate. You want to release the ball just before the top of your jump (like Danny Green) for better consistency, not after you reach the top like Ray and Kobe do.

redhonda76
12-03-2014, 08:32 PM
Some of our best shooter do not have textbook form such as Larry Bird, Reggie Miller, Peja Stojakovic, Michael Redd. Steph Curry is on that list too.
Curry releases his shot before the peak of his jump.

Cali Syndicate
12-03-2014, 09:39 PM
I'm actually scoffing at calling ANYONE MVP on December 3rd. That's the point. Never did I say Curry couldn't finish the season with the award.

Point me to where I said that as well, please.

He plays on a more talented team, with diverse weapons. His back court running mate alone puts up over 20 ppg himself. Thus allowing him better looks.

Rose was keyed on by every defense he faced. The talent discrepancy, and pace difference is alarming. Curry is no better than Rose was in 2011. Retro active mental gymnastics.

Obviously that means Steph has been outstanding, but I don't crown champions, or MVPs in December. It's dumb.

it's actually the other way around.

SamuraiSWISH
12-03-2014, 09:55 PM
it's actually the other way around.
2015 Klay Thompson or 2011 Keith Bogans for back court running mate, bruh?

Seriously ... all you over sensitive Western Conference / Warriors / Steph Curry fans. Took my comment and got your undies in KNOTS.

Jesus, all I said was any kind of MVP talk for ANYONE a few days into December, weeks before even Christmas is retarded. That's putting it mildly.

red1
12-03-2014, 09:58 PM
dat jumpshot doe. curry is too ill

SamuraiSWISH
12-03-2014, 10:01 PM
Curry has perfect form.
It's not orthodox though. In fact I don't believe there is such a thing.

It's a set shot / push shot hybrid that he shoots on the way up. So it's not even a prototypical jumper. It isn't applicable to all aspects of the floor, like turn around jumpers from the post, etc.

A lighting quick release, smooth stroke, and body alignment doesn't make it orthodox.

It's a shot form totally unique to him. Which by definition doesn't make it text book. It's sexy, but different. Can't knock the results though.

Bird, Dirk, Nash, West, Price, Durant, Curry, Reggie, Chuck Person, Shuttlesworth, Kerr, MJ, LeBron, Melo and Kobe ... all these guy's forms are very different.

Cali Syndicate
12-03-2014, 10:12 PM
2015 Klay Thompson or 2011 Keith Bogans for back court running mate, bruh?

Seriously ... all you over sensitive Western Conference / Warriors / Steph Curry fans. Took my comment and got your undies in KNOTS.

Jesus, all I said was any kind of MVP talk for ANYONE a few days into December, weeks before even Christmas is retarded. That's putting it mildly.

Well, I'm taking 13,14 and 15 klay over any bogans lol. My point was that klay gets better looks and opportunities playing alongside curry, than the other way around, But I don't think that's what you were referring to.

SamuraiSWISH
12-03-2014, 10:14 PM
Well, I'm taking 13,14 and 15 klay over any bogans lol. My point was that klay gets better looks and opportunities playing alongside curry, than the other way around. But now I don't think that's what you were referring to.
Defenses on some level still have to respect Thompson though, regardless if Curry is helping him get quality looks ... Klay can still create for himself a bit. But Keith Bogans dude? You serious right now?

Cali Syndicate
12-03-2014, 10:23 PM
Defenses on some level still have to respect Thompson though, regardless if Curry is helping him get quality looks ... Klay can still create for himself a bit. But Keith Bogans dude? You serious right now?

what about bogans now? I don't think you're following.