PDA

View Full Version : Pau Gasol is very underrated.

Imtheman
12-03-2014, 02:37 PM
This nikka is 34 and still putting up numbers.

Where would you rank the Spaniard? Top 15 all time? 20?

KyleKong
12-03-2014, 02:40 PM
No he's not. He is just discredited in this board by the Kobe stans to make it seem Kobe is better then he actually is.

Every intelligent poster on this forum knows how good of a player Pau Gasol is.

Imtheman
12-03-2014, 02:45 PM
No he's not. He is just discredited in this board by the Kobe stans to make it seem Kobe is better then he actually is.

Yes he is. No one talks about him as much as they do with Tim Duncan or Dirk.

AnaheimLakers24
12-03-2014, 02:47 PM
cause hes not as good as them :facepalm my 2nd favorite player but calm down

KyleKong
12-03-2014, 02:49 PM

Did you just compare Pau Gasol to Duncan and Dirk

http://instntrply.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/GasolFace.gif

penny4president
12-03-2014, 02:53 PM
dude..he is one of my fav. player. he's good but top 20?? common man...
but if he can win a ring with the bulls, then he can make a case of getting into top 20

Imtheman
12-03-2014, 02:53 PM
cause hes not as good as them :facepalm my 2nd favorite player but calm down

Yes I did compare..they're 3 of the best bugs we seen in the 2000's, so why not compare?

Pau in his prime was as ruthless as Dirk.

AnaheimLakers24
12-03-2014, 02:55 PM
Yes I did compare..they're 3 of the best bugs we seen in the 2000's, so why not compare?

I'll give you this, id take pau over dirk right now

TaLvsCuaL
12-03-2014, 03:00 PM
Pau is a great player, I don't like comparisons and rankings but I think He deserves more credit than it receives. He is the one of the best European players of all time, the leader of one of the best european national teams ever and paved the way for many Spaniards and European players who have subsequently come to the NBA. He is a 20/10 machine, a great teammate, a great person and probably most educated player in the league.

ArbitraryWater
12-03-2014, 03:00 PM
Kobe fans declared him done by 2011

Heavincent
12-03-2014, 03:17 PM

It evens out because Kobe detractors constantly hype him up, even though they don't really give a shit about Pau and are only interested in discrediting Kobe.

Magic 32
12-03-2014, 03:21 PM
Kobe fans declared him done by 2011

He was worse than done in the 2011 playoffs.

ImKobe
12-03-2014, 03:23 PM

The Pau Gasol hate did not start until he stopped being Pau in 2011. You do remember how bad he was in that Dallas series? Not just his production, but how Dirk just destroyed him....:(

Disappeared again in 2012...

I will always appreciate him for 09 and 10, but the rest of the criticism is warranted. You don't see me hate on him in ANY series of the two years we rang with him. I only had problems with him beyond 2010, and that had something to do with how he played. You know you're doing something wrong when Phil slaps you in the middle of a Playoff game and tells you to man up.

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-03-2014, 03:24 PM
sure wish he stayed in LA.

3peated
12-03-2014, 03:38 PM
sure wish he stayed in LA.

This.

but i aint mad at him for going to a winning team. lakers didn't appreciate him

hawksdreamfan44
12-03-2014, 03:39 PM
He is very underrated, but not Top 20 all-time.

SouBeachTalents
12-03-2014, 03:46 PM

KG >>> Gasol

And if Gasol's lucky, he'll finish in the top 40-50 of all time

j3lademaster
12-03-2014, 03:49 PM
Pau Gasol benefited from playing in a league with weak competition at the bigs. He outplayed Dwight straight up in a finals series, took a not-so-talented Grizz squad to 50 wins in a competitive west; so he's definitely an amazing player, but he's not close to top 20 all-time. You have the almost unanimous top 10 then you have guys like Moses, Dr. J, Nique, Wade, Zeke, Bill Walton, T-Mac, D-Rob, Ewing, Barkley, Karl Malone, VC, AI, Drexler, Kidd, Payton, West who are clearly better peak vs peak.

dubeta
12-03-2014, 03:52 PM
The Kobe Family has been spewing anti- Pau Gasol propaganda for the past 5 years

gts
12-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Pau is a great player, I don't like comparisons and rankings but I think He deserves more credit than it receives. He is the one of the best European players of all time, the leader of one of the best european national teams ever and paved the way for many Spaniards and European players who have subsequently come to the NBA. He is a 20/10 machine, a great teammate, a great person and probably most educated player in the league.

good response.. he's fallen off the last few years, the national team work really did knock him down for a couple seasons

but still one of the better big men to ever play the game.. his all around game, is pretty damn good

Magic 32
12-03-2014, 04:45 PM
The Kobe Family has been spewing anti- Pau Gasol propaganda for the past 5 years

http://i.imgur.com/bImpO.gif

sammichoffate
12-03-2014, 04:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bImpO.gif:lol :biggums:

swagga
12-03-2014, 07:42 PM
I'll give you this, id take pau over dirk right now

top troll :lol

Droid101
12-03-2014, 07:44 PM
Did you just compare Pau Gasol to Duncan and Dirk

http://instntrply.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/GasolFace.gif
I know, right?

Gasol actually brings home gold medals/FIBA Champs for his national team.

SexSymbol
12-03-2014, 07:45 PM
I'd take '10 Gasol over any version of Howard, Noah and to me he's almost on par with Dirk's 2nd or 3rd best season that year

swagga
12-03-2014, 07:46 PM
Pau Gasol benefited from playing in a league with weak competition at the bigs. He outplayed Dwight straight up in a finals series, took a not-so-talented Grizz squad to 50 wins in a competitive west; so he's definitely an amazing player, but he's not close to top 20 all-time. You have the almost unanimous top 10 then you have guys like Moses, Dr. J, Nique, Wade, Zeke, Bill Walton, T-Mac, D-Rob, Ewing, Barkley, Karl Malone, VC, AI, Drexler, Kidd, Payton, West who are clearly better peak vs peak.

how can you put AI/Carter/Tmac/payton in the same sentence with karl malone/moses malone/ewing/barkley and dr J .... big gap between those groups

swagga
12-03-2014, 07:49 PM
I know, right?

Gasol actually brings home gold medals for his Olympic team.

alone. like kobe wins his rings. :applause: :applause: .. :lol :lol :lol :lol

Fire Colangelo
12-03-2014, 08:15 PM
Pau's having an underrated season.

At age 34:

Duncan: 13/9/3
KG: 15/9/2
Dirk: 17/7/3
Shaq: 17/7/2
Robinson: 18/10/2

Pau's averaging 20/11/2 while playing on a pretty stacked team too. Not saying he's better than the likes of Dirk/KG, but he's having a hell of a season by a 34 year old.

Mr.Kite
12-03-2014, 08:25 PM
I have him at 11.

Kobe is still a better player

DMAVS41
12-03-2014, 08:29 PM
Pau's having an underrated season.

At age 34:

Duncan: 13/9/3
KG: 15/9/2
Dirk: 17/7/3
Shaq: 17/7/2
Robinson: 18/10/2

Pau's averaging 20/11/2 while playing on a pretty stacked team too. Not saying he's better than the likes of Dirk/KG, but he's having a hell of a season by a 34 year old.

This is a bit off from the Dirk perspective...Dirk was injured that year and didn't really round into form until late.

Dirk age 35:

22/6/3 60% TS

Dirk age 36:

20/6/3 59% TS

Lebronxrings
12-03-2014, 08:55 PM

this

bizil
12-03-2014, 09:50 PM
If u know the game, u know Pau is awesome. In terms of his historical standing, there are likely many fans who don't realize:

- Pau is already likely a top 15 GOAT PF. And I think he has a good chance to possibly be a top 10 GOAT PF depending on how he finishes his career.

- In the all around sense, Pau IS a top 10 PF of all time.

- Similar to Duncan on a lower level, at 7'0 he had an elite center's skillset down low at the PF position. But ALSO mixed it with the new age PF's versatility away from the basket. Among the HOF caliber PF's they are THE ONLY TWO as of now who can make that claim. Of course McHale was a beast, but's he's 6'10 and his primary position was PF. Gasol and Duncan are 7 foot and could have been great centers in the league.

So as tremendous Pau has been over the years, I think fans who know the game reasonably well may not realize how high up Pau is HISTORICALLY among PF's.

elementally morale
12-04-2014, 08:08 AM
Under FIBA rules and in the international game he is close to being as good as Dirk. (And accomplished more BTW and that is usually factored in even though bb is a team game.) In the NBA he is not as effective as Dirk, mainly due to him not being the long distance shooter Dirk is.

Now Duncan... although I think he is way overrated on this board, but still is in another tier than either Dirk or Pau.

tamaraw08
12-04-2014, 09:18 AM
The Pau Gasol hate did not start until he stopped being Pau in 2011. You do remember how bad he was in that Dallas series? Not just his production, but how Dirk just destroyed him....:(

Disappeared again in 2012...

I will always appreciate him for 09 and 10, but the rest of the criticism is warranted. You don't see me hate on him in ANY series of the two years we rang with him. I only had problems with him beyond 2010, and that had something to do with how he played. You know you're doing something wrong when Phil slaps you in the middle of a Playoff game and tells you to man up.
Omg. Is that you Dklaker?
Pau at least that time played 3 straight finals with heavy minutes every game unlike Duncan whose minutes and number of games were greatly managed by Pops. And its not like everyone played great. Kobe was horrible too.

BIZARRO
12-04-2014, 11:34 AM

There they go again with Kidd. I'll take Pau Gasol over Jason Kidd every day of the week. Really? Starting a team you'd take 30 whatever percent shooting, non-scoring, turnover machine Kidd over Gasol. Sorry, no way. Just no way at all.

THIS is why the OP probably has the thread titled the way he does.

Pau is a pro's pro. Much respect for his skills.

tamaraw08
12-04-2014, 12:01 PM
This is a bit off from the Dirk perspective...Dirk was injured that year and didn't really round into form until late.

Dirk age 35:

22/6/3 60% TS

Dirk age 36:

20/6/3 59% TS
Pau is a much better rebounder, low post defender ,shot blocker etc. Dirk is a much better shooter and a reliable focal point of offense almost comparing apples and oranges

Lebron23
12-04-2014, 12:46 PM
He's a first ballot hall of famer. Gasol is > Bosh as a franchise player, and supporting player.

dubeta
12-04-2014, 12:48 PM
He's a first ballot hall of famer. Gasol is > Bosh as a franchise player, and supporting player.

Heck I'll take Gasol over both Bosh and Wade no question

20Four
12-04-2014, 12:54 PM
Heck I'll take Gasol over both Bosh and Wade no question
You are a fvcking dumbass..........This is how you judge your worth? That's the best you can offer the world? None of these people give 2 shits about u; they are laughing at you. That is quite literally the only value you have on these boards: something for us to laugh at you burging flipping Ph%ggot. I'm sick of you trolls getting a hard on just because your life sucks, you need attention online so people respond to you....how sad is that? I bet after you post on these forums you feel like hanging yourself huh?

riseagainst
12-04-2014, 01:13 PM
You are a fvcking dumbass..........This is how you judge your worth? That's the best you can offer the world? None of these people give 2 shits about u; they are laughing at you. That is quite literally the only value you have on these boards: something for us to laugh at you burging flipping Ph%ggot. I'm sick of you trolls getting a hard on just because your life sucks, you need attention online so people respond to you....how said is that? I bet after you post on these forums you feel like hanging yourself huh?

:roll:
:roll:

Megabox!
12-04-2014, 01:45 PM
Where is the "Spell&Grammar" poster when you need him?

Asiantastic
12-04-2014, 01:51 PM
I legit miss Gasol. It's good to see that he's revived his career somewhat in Chitown. I really wish he would've spent his last days in LA, I hope he retires there one day.

Milbuck
12-04-2014, 01:53 PM
You are a fvcking dumbass..........This is how you judge your worth? That's the best you can offer the world? None of these people give 2 shits about u; they are laughing at you. That is quite literally the only value you have on these boards: something for us to laugh at you burging flipping Ph%ggot. I'm sick of you trolls getting a hard on just because your life sucks, you need attention online so people respond to you....how sad is that? I bet after you post on these forums you feel like hanging yourself huh?
Lmfao at "burging" and the random % sign in ******..garden variety troll has you frothing at the mouth in rage so bad you can't type straight :oldlol:

beastee
12-04-2014, 03:56 PM
As much as I was hoping for Melo on the Bulls, Pau has been awesome. And the biggest benefit he brings is that Taj is coming off the bench in the playoffs. When Bulls get to ECF against the Cavs It will be Pau/Noah vs Love/Varej

AnaheimLakers24
12-04-2014, 03:58 PM
wymhy do fans think 2010 gasol is better than 09?

j3lademaster
12-04-2014, 04:04 PM
There they go again with Kidd. I'll take Pau Gasol over Jason Kidd every day of the week. Really? Starting a team you'd take 30 whatever percent shooting, non-scoring, turnover machine Kidd over Gasol. Sorry, no way. Just no way at all.

THIS is why the OP probably has the thread titled the way he does.

Pau is a pro's pro. Much respect for his skills.Sure take Kidd out if you feel inclined to. There's a handful of guys I didn't list who were clearly better from the same era anyway, like KG and Dirk. It was just randomly put together to support the point that Gasol is in no way top 20 all time.

j3lademaster
12-04-2014, 04:05 PM
how can you put AI/Carter/Tmac/payton in the same sentence with karl malone/moses malone/ewing/barkley and dr J .... big gap between those groupsJust naming random players who were better than pau peak vs. peak. TMac in terms of career accolades has no business there I agree. Anyway, the point was Pau's not top 20 peak vs peak.

BIZARRO
12-04-2014, 07:46 PM
Sure take Kidd out if you feel inclined to. There's a handful of guys I didn't list who were clearly better from the same era anyway, like KG and Dirk. It was just randomly put together to support the point that Gasol is in no way top 20 all time.

Yes, right on. And I agree with you that Pau is in no way Top 20 all time.