PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Love's offensive rebounding??

dubeta
12-03-2014, 03:56 PM
Dude used to get 4-5 offensive boards in Minny, is he really that injured right now?

Anyone who says LeBron Ball gets negged

Lebronxrings
12-03-2014, 06:01 PM
winning and unable to stat pad

JohnMax
12-03-2014, 06:24 PM
Lebron ball

Milbuck
12-03-2014, 06:33 PM
Lebron ball

kurple
12-03-2014, 06:35 PM
standing at the 3pt line most of the time

Jailblazers7
12-03-2014, 06:36 PM
He started shooting 3's and his offensive rebounding numbers went down. Not a big surprise.

VengefulAngel
12-03-2014, 06:36 PM
Lebron ball

But Lebron is not shooting 57% this season, in past season's I would agree as he doesn't lead to many offensive board opportunities.

AirFederer
12-03-2014, 06:50 PM
Same thing as what happened to Bosh. Camping at three point line won't get him many offensive rebounds..

But he's willing to sacrifice stats... :applause:

KingPush
12-03-2014, 06:51 PM
Leball Bron

FireDavidKahn
12-03-2014, 07:30 PM
Dude used to get 4-5 offensive boards in Minny, is he really that injured right now?

Anyone who says LeBron Ball gets negged
Blatt has him on the 3 point line a lot more now. He isn't in the post nearly as much anymore

J Shuttlesworth
12-03-2014, 07:32 PM
Blatt has him on the 3 point line a lot more now. He isn't in the post nearly as much anymore
Yeah, but there have been a lot of stretches where they've played Love in the post for several straight possessions. Obvously, he's not going to get as many post ups as he got on the T-Wolves, but I think he's been rebounding great considering his reduced role

FatComputerNerd
12-03-2014, 07:39 PM
Playing next to Varejao and TT, who are both among the best offensive rebounders in the league may have something to do with it. :confusedshrug:

We have a lot of good rebounders. He doesn't need to put the same type of stats up as he did in Minny.

Seen him posting up a lot lately though...and quite effectively.

La Frescobaldi
12-03-2014, 08:01 PM
Playing next to Varejao and TT, who are both among the best offensive rebounders in the league may have something to do with it. :confusedshrug:

We have a lot of good rebounders. He doesn't need to put the same type of stats up as he did in Minny.

Seen him posting up a lot lately though...and quite effectively.

neither remotely as good as Pekovic.
Has to be something else, which it is: he is constantly out of position at the three point line. He's a fine shooter but that's a stupendous waste of talent by any coach foolish enough to do it.

Alderman did the same thing and it's idiotic.

navy
12-03-2014, 09:10 PM
Has to be something else, which it is: he is constantly out of position at the three point line. He's a fine shooter but that's a stupendous waste of talent by any coach foolish enough to do it.

No, Kevin Loves three point shooting is definitely his best offensive attribute and what makes him lethal offensively. It would be foolish to have him clogging the lane looking for offensive rebounds numbers and his post game is rather limited from his lack of length and strength and speed if you go usually lack the other two.

In fact Love has rarely has good offensive gamse where he wasnt hot from three. And Im not exaggerating.

La Frescobaldi
12-03-2014, 09:22 PM
No, Kevin Loves three point shooting is definitely his best offensive attribute and what makes him lethal offensively. It would be foolish to have him clogging the lane looking for offensive rebounds numbers and his post game is rather limited from his lack of length and strength and speed if you go usually lack the other two.

In fact I dont think Love has ever had a good offensive game where he wasnt hot from three. And Im not exaggerating.
we gotta disagree there my friend. Love in the post is at the all-time-great level. Lack of strength? No. He pushes around anyone with great ease.

His footwork, stealth, tremendous lower body strength and suite of moves make him unstoppable from the left block and nearly so from the right side.

navy
12-03-2014, 09:25 PM
we gotta disagree there my friend. Love in the post is at the all-time-great level. Lack of strength? No. He pushes around anyone with great ease.

His footwork, stealth, tremendous lower body strength and suite of moves make him unstoppable from the left block and nearly so from the right side.
All time great? Bruh. :oldlol:

He can post up, but it's obviously why his game has never been focused down there. In fact, his only consistent move is the turnaround hook.

FatComputerNerd
12-03-2014, 10:17 PM
He had a pretty sick up and under last night.

I actually never realized how good his post game was prior to this, as I never watched a lot of T-wolves games.

DatAsh
12-04-2014, 01:21 AM

In fact Love has rarely has good offensive gamse where he wasnt hot from three. And Im not exaggerating.

Disagree strongly with his post game being "rather limited".

But yes, his rebounds have dropped because he's being forced out to the 3 point line on offense. It's the same thing that happened with Bosh. Consequence of playing, with Irving, Lebron and Waiters.

plowking
12-04-2014, 01:48 AM
I think Love averaging 26/13/4 and not being recognized as a truly great player says enough about what most people think of him. Those are prime Barkley numbers, and he got no recognition.

He clearly isn't as good as his numbers suggest, but due to having a mentality of wanting to be the guy to shoot as much as possible, he got his stats on Minny. He is a good player, not a great one.

I still find it hilarious that pauk at one point said he was better than Durant. Someone please bump that thread, so every time Bron fans whine about the supporting cast we can show them that. :oldlol:

navy
12-04-2014, 01:50 AM

But yes, his rebounds have dropped because he's being forced out to the 3 point line on offense. It's the same thing that happened with Bosh. Consequence of playing, with Irving, Lebron and Waiters.
He shot like 7 threes a game last year...

Droid101
12-04-2014, 02:05 AM
I still find it hilarious that pauk at one point said he was better than Durant. Someone please bump that thread, so every time Bron fans whine about the supporting cast we can show them that. :oldlol:
Here's one of them. I know there have been more.

KEVIN LOVE

26.0 ppg
13.3 rpg
2.0 apg
0.8 spg
0.5 bpg
PER 25.4
EFF +28.33
Best game this season: 51 pts @ 59% FG, 14 rbs and many many more

KEVIN DURANT

27.8 ppg
7.9 rpg
3.5 apg
1.4 spg
1.2 bpg
PER 26.5
EFF +27.32
Best game this season: 51 pts @ 68% FG

Its pretty damn arguable.......... and i dont care about your team success excuses... Kevin Love has not even close to the supporting cast Durant has...
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7169823&postcount=17

NZStreetBaller
12-04-2014, 02:09 AM
Kevin love is the worst pf and kyrie sucks as does the entire cavs team. Lebron is literally carrying this team with his greatness if he even makes ecf hes is undoubtedly the goat

-dubeta logic

plowking
12-04-2014, 02:31 AM
Here's one of them. I know there have been more.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7169823&postcount=17
:oldlol:

STATUTORY
12-04-2014, 02:32 AM
That Bran differential, the opposite of the midas touch

oarabbus
12-04-2014, 03:25 AM

I know you're a big Pek fan - how would you compare him to the following guys?

Dieng
Bogut
Vucevic
Monroe

dubeta
12-04-2014, 03:29 AM
Kevin love is the worst pf and kyrie sucks as does the entire cavs team. Lebron is literally carrying this team with his greatness if he even makes ecf hes is undoubtedly the goat

-dubeta logic

Nice way of engaging in hyperbole,

I said Love is 'one' of the worst PF, not the worst PF there's a big difference there get it right smh :facepalm

hahaitme
12-04-2014, 03:48 AM
Combination of taking less shots and being used more for spacing.

Or I could just go with the flow and say it;

Lebron ball.

sportjames23
12-04-2014, 09:25 AM
Ball de Lebron

pauk
12-04-2014, 09:30 AM
Lebron holding him down, needs to brick more shots.

ImKobe
12-04-2014, 09:33 AM
Lebron ball.

How do you expect him to get offensive rebounds when he's camping on the perimeter to space the floor for a has been?

dubeta
12-04-2014, 09:45 AM
Lebron ball.

How do you expect him to get offensive rebounds when he's camping on the perimeter to space the floor for a has been?

Can you imagine if he played with Kobe??! 10+ offensive rebounds a game:bowdown:

La Frescobaldi
12-04-2014, 10:15 AM

that old guy in your avi would not argue about Kevin Love standing around at the 3 point line like a Kevin Martin Reggie Miller Derek Fisher Steve Kerr spot shooter.
It just wouldn't happen.

Something like this would get barked at a reporter:
"I don't waste my guards on basketball like that. Nobody gets a night off like that on my teams. We all work. So why would I have Kevin Love standing around? It's crazy! He's one of the great rebounders and inside men in the game. Motion and position, that's what wins ball games."

dunksby
12-04-2014, 10:19 AM
Lebron holding him down, needs to brick more shots.

KEVIN LOVE

26.0 ppg
13.3 rpg
2.0 apg
0.8 spg
0.5 bpg
PER 25.4
EFF +28.33
Best game this season: 51 pts @ 59% FG, 14 rbs and many many more

KEVIN DURANT

27.8 ppg
7.9 rpg
3.5 apg
1.4 spg
1.2 bpg
PER 26.5
EFF +27.32
Best game this season: 51 pts @ 68% FG

Its pretty damn arguable.......... and i dont care about your team success excuses... Kevin Love has not even close to the supporting cast Durant has...
:biggums:

Beastmode88
12-04-2014, 10:27 AM
How many holes has pauk dug for himself in ISH? :hammerhead:

pauk
12-04-2014, 11:52 AM
What does that post have anything to do with Love's rebounding Dunksby?

plowking
12-04-2014, 11:53 AM
How many holes has pauk dug for himself in ISH? :hammerhead:

You gotta love how Love conveniently ended up on the Cavs. Perfect. :oldlol:

Notice how he won't even acknowledge the post... :oldlol:

dubeta
12-04-2014, 12:15 PM
Leave pauk alone guys people can be misled, we're not right all the time

Heck from afar even I thought Love was a star, but a close examination led me to learn the truth about him, far before he signed with the Cavs

SexSymbol
12-04-2014, 12:18 PM
Leave pauk alone guys people can be misled, we're not right all the time

Heck from afar even I thought Love was a star, but a close examination led me to learn the truth about him, far before he signed with the Cavs
You sniffed his butt and came up with your conclusion?

dubeta
12-04-2014, 12:32 PM
Besides since when has being better than Durant been the measuring stick for being a star?

20Four
12-04-2014, 12:39 PM
Besides since when has being better than Durant been the measuring stick for being a star?
And you wonder why you haven't made manager yet at McDonald's at 40 years old....keep this up and you will be wrapping burritos soon.....one more thing....shine my fvcking shoes garbage can ho

Lebron23
12-04-2014, 12:41 PM
When Lebron was shooting sub 40% in the Cavs first few games of the season. Love was averaging in double figures. I think he still finish the season averaging 19 ppg and 12 rpg.

Lebron23
12-04-2014, 12:43 PM
And you wonder why you haven't made manager yet at McDonald's at 40 years old....keep this up and you will be wrapping burritos soon.....one more thing....shine my fvcking shoes garbage can ho

Come on bro?? Why are you always angry and repeating the same insults??

riseagainst
12-04-2014, 01:23 PM
how can he get offensive rebounds when he's forced to camp out in the perimeter standing there waiting for lebron to pass to him with 3 seconds left?
#lebronball

dunksby
12-04-2014, 01:39 PM
What does that post have anything to do with Love's rebounding Dunksby?
Nothing but you shouldn't be worried about his rebounding when you have a better player than Durant to support LeBron :pimp:

ralph_i_el
12-04-2014, 01:43 PM
He's never on the block. Not a lot of rebounding opportunity 20 ft from the bucket

dunksby
12-04-2014, 01:54 PM
Here are the stats regarding rebounding opportunities that most people cite as the main reason:

Rebounding Opportunities: The number of times player was within the vicinity (3.5 ft) of a rebound. Measures the number of rebounds a player recovers compared to the number of rebounding chances available as well as whether or not the rebound was contested by an opponent or deferred to a teammate.

http://s22.postimg.org/z3p9gfmlt/Reb.png

Love is pulling 61% of the rebound opportunities he gets off the boards.

upside24
12-04-2014, 02:04 PM
Don't know what the deal is with Love. Maybe he is being used poorly in the offense like others have said but I havn't seen anything positive about his play so far this year.

LeBron is playing well as is Kyrie, but Love isn't contributing a lot to the team. Watch the Spurs game and how Diaw abused him.