PDA

View Full Version : cavs-pistons trade

swagga
12-03-2014, 08:36 PM
pistons get waiters + haywood's contract
cavs get josh smith + jodie meeks.
+filler if contracts don't match (haven't checked)

It might sound crazy but a josh smith and kevin love big tandem might actually work well, on defense smith is still a very good player (man to man, help defense, rim protection, PNR defense, even perimeter D) and he'd make love go back to focusing on rebounding and guarding the garbage man on D.
On offense smith benefits from love's spacing (and the cavs spacing in general), getting to play near the rim (where he belongs!), plus he can fastbreak. Smith would also be the 4th-5th option on offense so he wouldn't have many opportunities to chuck, he'd be relegated to a garbage man/cutter role that fits his game perfectly.

The pistons need some talent in the backcourt and even if waiters likes to keep the ball far too much he is like magic johnsons compared to jennings :lol pistons also get cap relief and don't feel bad for helping out a division rival because they aren't contending anytime soon. The cavs patch up their defense, become a monster fast break team and get an experienced 3pt shooter to help with spacing.

while this trade is not ideal for neither team, it is imo much more feasible than the hibbert/sanders/etc pipedreams and it makes sense for both teams.

Lebronxrings
12-03-2014, 08:39 PM
i like it but salaries tho... Aint TT getting paid?

swagga
12-03-2014, 08:48 PM
i like it but salaries tho... Aint TT getting paid?

who is paying an undersized big that doesn't play defense and has a primitive offensive game? hopefully no team is retarded enough to throw dumb money at him ... but there is always one.

el gringos
12-03-2014, 08:54 PM
Monroe
For
Waiters and Thompson

RedBlackAttack
12-03-2014, 09:18 PM
Monroe
For
Waiters and Thompson
A defensively deficient bigman who needs the ball in his hands to be productive offensively... sounds like just what the doctor ordered on a team with LeBron, Kyrie and Love.

MP.Trey
12-03-2014, 09:21 PM
No please. I don't want Josh Smith anywhere near a Cavaliers team ever.