PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant reminiscing "(other players) terrified, like, deathly afraid" of jordan

STATUTORY
12-04-2014, 02:22 AM
:applause: :applause: Teenage Kobe barely past puberty had more testosterone fortitude than half of the league in the 90s. beta era

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2286480-kobe-bryant-what-it-means-to-me-to-pass-michael-jordan-on-nbas-scoring-list

other players wouldn't even dare make eye contact with MJ and Kobe was swatting the shit of him in his prime :bowdown: :bowdown:

plowking
12-04-2014, 02:30 AM
Now women are afraid of Kobe.

SpaceJammeR
12-04-2014, 02:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSe80qSgXVA

oh the horror
12-04-2014, 02:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSe80qSgXVA

You know people always clown with this but when you think about it, the balls this kid had to have. He launches airball after airball in crunch time and isn't afraid to keep shooting. That's why dude is about to pass Mike on the all time scoring list. I don't think people realize how hard that is and what type of player you have to be to achieve things like that in the nba.

ILLsmak
12-04-2014, 02:51 AM
You know people always clown with this but when you think about it, the balls this kid had to have. He launches airball after airball in crunch time and isn't afraid to keep shooting. That's why dude is about to pass Mike on the all time scoring list. I don't think people realize how hard that is and what type of player you have to be to achieve things like that in the nba.

lol nah.

I mean, you'd think he'd shoot it over the hoop or something, bang it hard off the glass, but shooting that many air balls is not ballsy.

I remember watching that game I was like STOP. He was obviously gassed if he couldn't get it to the hoop. There is no reason to shoot a shot that you have no chance of making.

Everyone on his team was like WHY.

-Smak

talkingconch
12-04-2014, 03:28 AM
this joke has been beaten to death that it doesnt make sense anymore lol look up the definition of accused

Prometheus
12-04-2014, 03:29 AM
lol nah.

I mean, you'd think he'd shoot it over the hoop or something, bang it hard off the glass, but shooting that many air balls is not ballsy.

I remember watching that game I was like STOP. He was obviously gassed if he couldn't get it to the hoop. There is no reason to shoot a shot that you have no chance of making.

-Smak

Pretty much. I kind of agree with both of you though. Kobe is definitely a fool, but he's no coward.

duskovujosevic
12-04-2014, 03:29 AM
great interview, it shows that kirby is constant learner. he has been studying this game since childhood.

"Talked a little bit about the game. I do that often, though. My conversations with Michael get the most attention, but I do that often. I used to ask Clyde a lot of questions; I asked Stockton a lot of questions. You grow up watching these guys and seeing them do what they're doing, and you want to know how they do what they do and why they do what they do. I wasn't too proud to ask."

hahaitme
12-04-2014, 03:55 AM
Kobe certified more alpha than MJ. MJ beta'd up with the whole Madonna Pippen situation. Kobe stepped up and took his ***** on his own terms.

FlashDwyaneWade3
12-04-2014, 04:01 AM

I wouldn't say that...

http://i.imgur.com/vcaVz.png

Prometheus
12-04-2014, 04:24 AM
Kobe certified more alpha than MJ. MJ beta'd up with the whole Madonna Pippen situation. Kobe stepped up and took his ***** on his own terms.

The whole Jordan/Pippen/Madonna thing just goes to show you that the alpha/beta dichotomy on an NBA court has nothing to do with the alpha/beta dichotomy in the ruthless jungle of human life.

Dragonyeuw
12-04-2014, 05:53 AM
Good article, while Jordan and Kobe stans endlessly argue over BS its nice to see that the true reality is, MJ and Kobe respect the hell out of each other and their place. Its the crazy azz fans that have created this 'rivalry'. Two of the very best, and quite possibly the last of their kind because I dont see anyone on the horizon like either of them....

ralph_i_el
12-04-2014, 01:54 PM
This is funny because last night you could see Kobe trying to get in Beals head and Beal was not having it. They kept iso-ing Kobe low against Beal and even though Kobe hit a few turnarounds early, Beal just went right down the court, ran Kobe around and was not afraid to go right at him.

Beal was not afraid of the big bad mamba

pudman13
12-04-2014, 02:01 PM

You have to be the kind of player who doesn't bother to pass it to a wide open teammate, like with that fourth and last airball in that video.

RedBlackAttack
12-04-2014, 02:14 PM
lol nah.

-Smak
I'm not sure those can be put entirely on Kobe. First of all, he had little choice but to jack them up on two of them. The clock was winding down and there may have not been time to make the extra pass and still get a shot up. Secondly, if he wasn't physically or emotionally ready to take those shots in that situation, he shouldn't have been on the floor. That is a pretty heavy burden to put on an 18-year-old kid going against a veteran team like the Jazz.

sportjames23
12-04-2014, 02:53 PM

http://giant.gfycat.com/OilyDangerousAmurstarfish.gif

Kblaze8855
12-04-2014, 05:38 PM
lol nah.

-Smak

Then someone on his team should have demanded the ball. He was 18. A rookie. He was on a team with multiple good established vets. Him being the one taking those shots is on them and the coaching staff. eh cant put himself in or call his own play....ad if hes breaking plays at that rate and being allowed to continue its on the coach for keeping him out there not him.

You cant blame him for those shots. He missed. It happens.

If they were so disgusted...someone else should have stepped up. Hell...tell coach to bench the kid. He was on a team full of all stars...

STATUTORY
12-04-2014, 06:13 PM
This is funny because last night you could see Kobe trying to get in Beals head and Beal was not having it. They kept iso-ing Kobe low against Beal and even though Kobe hit a few turnarounds early, Beal just went right down the court, ran Kobe around and was not afraid to go right at him.

Beal was not afraid of the big bad mamba

lol beal was completely outclassed by a 36 year old veteran with 19 year tenure in the league

dude is an embarrassment

smoovegittar
12-04-2014, 06:26 PM
Bryant is fearless. I remember him saying during a timeout at one of the all-star games "So nobody wants to climb Mt. Mutombo, huh?" Another player who benefited from Phil's philosophies.

Im so nba'd out
12-04-2014, 09:10 PM
kobe was so brave as a teen now look at him as a 36 year old man being publicly humiliated by john wall then helping him up after the facial....

http://giant.gfycat.com/OilyDangerousAmurstarfish.gif