PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Davis' supporting cast

Fudge
12-05-2014, 01:04 AM
:roll: :biggums:

So disgusting to watch Tyreke Evans dribble the ball like a legitimate handicapped patient just to brick a layup, Jew Holiday turn the ball over on every possession afer a P&R, and Luke Babbitt galloping around looking like Coconut Head. Getting second hand embarrassment for AD just watching this disaster.

KG on the Wolves again. PERIOD.

Jailblazers7
12-05-2014, 01:06 AM
His cast isn't that bad if they had better coaching. Tyreke is a great 6th man, Jrue is a good PG, he has some nice shooters, Asik is a good big next to him, etc.

JebronLames
12-05-2014, 01:08 AM
Lol jrue doesn't turn the ball over much. One of the best defensive PG's.

sammichoffate
12-05-2014, 01:10 AM
His cast isn't that bad if they had better coaching. Tyreke is a great 6th man, Jrue is a good PG, he has some nice shooters, Asik is a good big next to him, etc.This. They rely on talent too much atm

chocolatethunder
12-05-2014, 01:14 AM

So disgusting to watch Tyreke Evans dribble the ball like a legitimate handicapped patient just to brick a layup, Jew Holiday turn the ball over on every possession afer a P&R, and Luke Babbitt galloping around looking like Coconut Head. Getting second hand embarrassment for AD just watching this disaster.

If his name was Kevin Love hed have empty stats. Instead, he's compared to KG. Davis' team is so much more talented than any team Love has ever played on. It's not Davis' fault they are losing and it wasn't Love's.

navy
12-05-2014, 01:20 AM
If his name was Kevin Love hed have empty stats. Instead, he's compared to KG. Davis' team is so much more talented than any team Love has ever played on. It's not Davis' fault they are losing and it wasn't Love's.
No. Offensive players who dont play defense are accused of having empty stats. That has always been the criteria no matter how right or wrong.

Except for Wilt of course...

Duggrr
12-05-2014, 01:21 AM

:roll:

Fudge
12-05-2014, 01:30 AM
Are you losers watching this? :roll:

Sweet baby Jesus.

Fudge
12-05-2014, 01:45 AM
Anybody? :roll: :roll:

CJ Mustard
12-05-2014, 01:46 AM
It's a travesty. This guy is the best ****ing player on the planet and he has to do it alone. Get him a solid supporting cast and he can lead a team to a title right now.

sammichoffate
12-05-2014, 01:46 AM
NO needs a new coach asap if they want to compete for a playoff spot

plowking
12-05-2014, 01:48 AM
They're playing away to the best team in the league. It was expected they lose...

oarabbus
12-05-2014, 01:53 AM

:oldlol: so true

andremiller07
Asik is a terrible fit they replaced Aminu/Morrow and Jason Smith all who can at least contribute for Asik/Jimmer and Salmons :roll:

RoundMoundOfReb
The roster isn't completely lacking in talent like Wolves were, it's just that the players don't really fit together at all. And I absolutely hate Tyreke...

Milbuck
12-05-2014, 02:13 AM
Weren't there reports of George Karl being interested in a coaching return?

George Karl coaching Anthony Davis, Omer Asik, Ryan Anderson, Jrue Holiday, Tyreke Evans, etc...they'd be everything we thought they could be this year. They have so much potential, even with their lack of depth. They have some serious firepower, just need the right guy to put it all together.

I'd be shocked if Monty Williams is around after this year, if they keep playing like this.

SwishSquared
12-05-2014, 02:16 AM
Before the Gordon injury, this team was already thin. Granted, he's fallen off, but they have so little quality depth. Asik's solid, but if they don't make the playoffs this season, then they gave up 3 lotto picks for Holliday & potentially only one year of Asik (depending on if he leaves in FA). Ouch.

Monty Williams has done some nice things over the years, but he's not a legit head coach imo. Wouldn't be shocked if he's not retained.

EDIT:

Weren't there reports of George Karl being interested in a coaching return?

George Karl coaching Anthony Davis, Omer Asik, Ryan Anderson, Jrue Holiday, Tyreke Evans, etc...they'd be everything we thought they could be this year. They have so much potential, even with their lack of depth. They have some serious firepower, just need the right guy to put it all together.

I'd be shocked if Monty Williams is around after this year, if they keep playing like this.
I had no idea he was looking to get back in the game but he surely could get more out of this squad than Monty. They need some more quality role players but a coaching change would help immensely with this squad.

Bless Mathews
12-05-2014, 02:17 AM
Evans and Holliday have horribly low iq.

Ad is best big in the game and they have no idea how to run pick and rolls. At all.

Ignore ad most of time and dribble. And dribble. Then dribble. Then chuck.

Smh.

FKAri
12-05-2014, 03:39 AM
Where is your avi from Fudge?

hawksdogsbraves
12-05-2014, 03:42 AM
The empty stats argument is complete bullshit. AD is one of the best and most flexible defenders in the league.

The roster really isn't that bad, they need a new coach ASAP.

VIP2000
12-05-2014, 11:53 AM
The supporting cast is not bad persay, it's at best only good enough for the 7 or 8 seed in a stacked conference. And they literally have no depth, when you have to rely on Austin Rivers and John Salmons to fill out the rotation.

So if one of their main guys in injured, they're screwed.

stalkerforlife
12-05-2014, 11:59 AM
It's the coach.

Not the players.

Plenty of talent.

blacknapalm
12-05-2014, 12:25 PM
reke is still getting overrated from his ROY. ball dominant, head down kind of guard. just not that great, doesn't look for teammates. if he doesn't have the ball in his hands, he's extremely limited. solid second scorer on an okay team at this point. like i said, doesn't really set up teammates. jrue is meh. he plays better at home but also feasts on bad teams. not even sure he's great starter material. imagine if AD had at least one pass first guard or one that could set up plays.

honestly, ryan anderson might be the best complement to AD on that team as a stretch 4. they need to get another all-star or superstar in there. i think a superstar would want to play w/ AD and ryan, possibly jrue and asik. i still think asik can be a beast off the bench. i feel like the missing piece is a solid top 12 center. not even elite, just top 10-12. then have asik come off the bench to wreck it.

fragokota
12-05-2014, 12:30 PM
They're certainly not great, but they're no garbage either.

chocolatethunder
12-05-2014, 12:32 PM
No. Offensive players who dont play defense are accused of having empty stats. That has always been the criteria no matter how right or wrong.

Except for Wilt of course...
Nah because Barkley was an awful defender and Magic wasn't some stud. Def not how it's always been.

Bird was not a good defender but he played passing lanes well. AI was a horrid defender but he gambled in the passing lanes.

Haymaker
12-05-2014, 12:35 PM
His cast isn't that bad if they had better coaching. Tyreke is a great 6th man, Jrue is a good PG, he has some nice shooters, Asik is a good big next to him, etc.

Yup, they're raw but they have a good team. They're in the same position the Kings were about two seasons ago. They just need to mature and gel.

YouGotServed
12-05-2014, 12:35 PM
He has a decent cast around him. He's simply not an all star player like his stats suggest. Empty stats, somewhat.

blacknapalm
12-05-2014, 12:39 PM
He has a decent cast around him. He's simply not an all star player like his stats suggest. Empty stats, somewhat.

not an all star? really?

YouGotServed
12-05-2014, 12:44 PM
not an all star? really?

Yes.

Magic731
12-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Yes.
You have obviously not watched him this season. If you would have watched him you could easily tell that this dude is a legitimate SUPERSTAR. I have no idea what the hell you are smoking.

YouGotServed
12-05-2014, 12:55 PM
You have obviously not watched him this season. If you would have watched him you could easily tell that this dude is a legitimate SUPERSTAR. I have no idea what the hell you are smoking.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/14kwrhk.gif

Fudge
12-05-2014, 01:22 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/14kwrhk.gif
But, he is, doe.

ALBballer
12-05-2014, 01:27 PM
To be fair he's playing playing in the Southwest with teams like Grizzlies, Mavs, Spurs and Rockets.

Pelicans would easily make the playoffs in the east.

f0und
12-05-2014, 01:30 PM
they're +7.7 points per 100 possessions when he plays; last season's Spurs were +8. When Davis is on the bench, the Pelicans have a net rating of -15.6, which is actually worse than the Sixers' -13.5.

YouGotServed
12-05-2014, 01:57 PM
But, he is, doe.

It's a good thing I don't take your opinion seriously, boy.

Bless Mathews
12-05-2014, 02:10 PM
they're +7.7 points per 100 possessions when he plays; last season's Spurs were +8. When Davis is on the bench, the Pelicans have a net rating of -15.6, which is actually worse than the Sixers' -13.5.

Game.

Set.

Match.

MastaKilla
12-05-2014, 02:16 PM
Why does he get this excuse?

I thought big men were so much more impactful than guards that they could carry less talented teams?

Tyreke is extremely talented, Holiday is very good, Asik was a top 10 center just a few years ago.. This team is 10x more talented than Kobes supporting cast in 06 and Kobe got his team into the playoffs

Darius
12-05-2014, 02:24 PM
The insane thing is this dude is maybe the best player on the planet and he hasn't even fully figured out how to play yet.

Dengness9
12-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Why does he get this excuse?

I thought big men were so much more impactful than guards that they could carry less talented teams?

Tyreke is extremely talented, Holiday is very good, Asik was a top 10 center just a few years ago.. This team is 10x more talented than Kobes supporting cast in 06 and Kobe got his team into the playoffs

Talent isn't the only thing that matters though.

How players fit with each other. Coaching. Roster continuity. It's like 20 games into the season and the Peli's play in the best division and conference in basketball. It all takes time. Asik and Davis are still new to each other as well.

MastaKilla
12-05-2014, 02:33 PM
Talent isn't the only thing that matters though.

How players fit with each other. Coaching. Roster continuity. It's like 20 games into the season and the Peli's play in the best division and conference in basketball. It all takes time. Asik and Davis are still new to each other as well.

I guess I'm just annoyed with the MVP talk, or more specifically how the criteria for MVP changes from year to year.

Genaro
12-05-2014, 02:37 PM
The thing that bothers me the most is when he stays 4 or 5 offensive possessions without touching the ball. The offense should be generated through him.

MastaKilla
12-05-2014, 02:40 PM
The thing that bothers me the most is when he stays 4 or 5 offensive possessions without touching the ball. The offense should be generated through him.

Can he consistently score on the block?

Fudge
12-05-2014, 03:00 PM
It's a good thing I don't take your opinion seriously, boy.
You actually think Davis ain't a superstar, doe? :yaohappy: YGS da dum dum.

chocolatethunder
12-05-2014, 03:03 PM
I guess I'm just annoyed with the MVP talk, or more specifically how the criteria for MVP changes from year to year.
He's not MVP this year but he will be soon. I mean he plays on a team with good talent and a bad record so there's no way in hell he's getting it this year. If anyone thinks that they're fooling themselves. He still has room to grow but for my money he's easily the best young player in the league and it's not even close. That being said, the crop of young players in the league has been kinda underwhelming.

Bless Mathews
12-05-2014, 03:38 PM
Can he consistently score on the block?

Yes.

hawksdreamfan44
12-05-2014, 03:39 PM
I'm starting to think it has to be Coach Williams' problem. I already thought he was an overrated coach. The Pelicans ARE a talented team. Jrue Holiday was an All-Star two years ago. Eric Gordon was ranked in Slam Magazine's Top 500 Players of All-Time special issue as a Top 10 prospect to join the next edition of the mega-list. Tyreke Evans was the first rookie to average 20-5-5 since LeBron. When healthy last season, Ryan Anderson averaged almost 20 points per game. Anthony Davis has help. They just haven't been clicking. Coaching change needed maybe?

Dengness9
12-05-2014, 03:42 PM

I hear where you are coming from.

I think it's important for bball fans to realize his numbers are legendary-esque so far and not one other player in the league crushes every major statistical category in the game like AD. His numbers are so good the normal criteria of best player on team with best record kinda goes out the window a bit.

I think he'll finish top 3 in MVP if he continues the way he has played so far, regardless of Peli's record. He really is that good bruh'.

He does everything. Everything efficiently too.

Dengness9
12-05-2014, 03:46 PM
I'm starting to think it has to be Coach Williams' problem. I already thought he was an overrated coach. The Pelicans ARE a talented team. Jrue Holiday was an All-Star two years ago. Eric Gordon was ranked in Slam Magazine's Top 500 Players of All-Time special issue as a Top 10 prospect to join the next edition of the mega-list. Tyreke Evans was the first rookie to average 20-5-5 since LeBron. When healthy last season, Ryan Anderson averaged almost 20 points per game. Anthony Davis has help. They just haven't been clicking. Coaching change needed maybe?

Reke had down years after that rookie season, and in the past year has found himself again. Jrue is a good ball player for sure, I think him and Reke depend on having the ball in their hands a lot and it can take away from each other's games a lil.

As for Eric Gordon.......he's the most injury prone player in the league at this point. Once a future star but that hasn't been the case for a long time.

We all gotta give the Peli's more time to see what happens.

dunksby
03-02-2015, 06:58 AM
Pelicans have won all 5 games since Davis went down, they have been missing Jrue for most of the season too, so at full health + Davis they are a playoff lock out West.