PDA

View Full Version : Best record in the NBA without David Lee

Ca$H
12-05-2014, 12:22 PM
:eek: Warriors :bowdown:

stalkerforlife
12-05-2014, 12:25 PM
I'm concerned for my boy, David Lee. (Gator great) I wonder if he's really injured or just not accepting of coming off the bench. Even when he comes back, I think he's going to come off the bench.

He may get traded.

penny4president
12-05-2014, 12:27 PM
draymond green baby :rockon:

imdaman99
12-05-2014, 12:28 PM
Without David Lee in the rotation, the Warriors defense greatly improves. They have enough offense.

YouGotServed
12-05-2014, 12:31 PM
5th best record in the league (2 games behind GSW) without Dwight Howard, Terrence Jones, Patrick Beverley and Isaiah Canaan.

:bowdown: :applause: :eek:

DMV2
12-05-2014, 01:19 PM
Without David Lee in the rotation, the Warriors defense greatly improves. They have enough offense.
They should trade Lee for a defensive big, just in case Bogut gets hurt.

Without Lee in the playoffs = almost went home with a 2-0 lead against the Spurs in the 2nd round of the 2013 playoffs.

Without Bogut = loss to the Clippers in the 1st Round last playoff season.

Proctor
12-05-2014, 01:26 PM
Lee is a great piece, but the current makeup of the Warriors team allows them to be equally good (with Draymond's development, better actually) even with him out. He is definitely expendable and could be a good chip in getting them a backup to Bogut.

dunksby
12-05-2014, 01:37 PM
Lee should come off the bench, he is a liability on defense.

imdaman99
12-05-2014, 01:38 PM
They should trade Lee for a defensive big, just in case Bogut gets hurt.

Without Lee in the playoffs = almost went home with a 2-0 lead against the Spurs in the 2nd round of the 2013 playoffs.

Without Bogut = loss to the Clippers in the 1st Round last playoff season.
Bogut gets hurt A LOT. I would almost expect him to be hurt come playoff this year as well, which would derail their chances in the tough Western Conference. They definitely need a good backup for him. Trade Lee, they don't need him because anytime he was on the court, the Clips found a way to exploit him.

T_L_P
12-05-2014, 01:41 PM
Maybe because David Lee doesn't impact the game that much.

stalkerforlife
12-05-2014, 01:43 PM
Lee was a big reason why the Warriors turned their franchise around.

Underestimating what he did for that franchise is a crime.

Eat Like A Bosh
12-05-2014, 01:43 PM
Draymond Green :bowdown:

ALBballer
12-05-2014, 01:45 PM
A team like the Bucks should get him. He would provide good offense and leadership to the young team.

Ilyasova+Fillers?

Levity
12-05-2014, 01:45 PM
What teams out there would even be interested in Lee? Sincerely curious.

Hornets?

EDIT: ^^^^ bucks could be interesting. GSW run an offense that Ilyasova needs to be a part of. boys been way too underwhelming these past 3 years.

Mass Debator
12-05-2014, 01:49 PM
Wasn't he the first one who gave empty stats its name? 20/12/4 on 55% with the Knicks. The first Kevin Love.

Darius
12-05-2014, 01:50 PM
This GSW team is playing ridiculously well right now.

If no injuries crop up I have them penciled in for title favorites.

Rooster
12-05-2014, 01:51 PM
Maybe because David Lee doesn't impact the game that much.

This. He's a pretty good player but he just does not have much impact.

ALBballer
12-05-2014, 01:53 PM
I don't think Lee is as good as his stats suggest but he has no role with this GSW team. Lee's biggest attributes are scoring and he is a good rebounder and high energy guy. GSW have no issues scoring and would be better off with a defensive big or some other role players.

TemporaMutantur
12-05-2014, 02:00 PM
I certainly agree with David Lee being a defensive liability in the starting unit, however, he would be such a nice touch with the second unit, which is still better than the Sixer's starters.

Starting:
Curry
Thompson
Barnes
Green
Bogut

Secondary: (relatively small lineup)
Livingston
Iguodala
Barbosa
Speights
Lee

There is enough scoring on the second unit to hold their own while the starters get some rest, or in light of how the Warriors have been playing, finish the game.

DMV2
12-05-2014, 02:02 PM
Lee + 1 filler for Ilyasova, Henson and Pachulia

AboutBuckets
12-05-2014, 03:05 PM

Doubt the Bucks would want to get rid of that many bigs. Warriors would probably have to include Speights, but I guess he'd be adequately replaced by Ilyasova. Still don't think Bucks would do it though

Milbuck
12-05-2014, 03:08 PM
:biggums:

SugarHill
12-05-2014, 03:12 PM
:biggums:
:oldlol:

Dengness9
12-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Warriors must be ever so careful when Lee is ready to return. With the emergence of Draymond and Speights, the Dubs have to ask around to see what they can get for him but they shouldn't just give him away.

Cleverness
12-05-2014, 03:15 PM
The Warriors are not getting rid of Speights; Steve Kerr loves him coming off the bench.

Ilyasova isn't good.

I forget which game it was, but in a post-game interview Andrew Bogut talked about how he doesn't a shit if people think he's injury prone, he just wants to win. Dude is a beast anchoring a top defense in the NBA.

Burgz V2
12-05-2014, 03:21 PM
if they are smart, they will keep him.

Green is my boy as I'm a huge MSU fan, but they need the depth if they are serious about winning a ring.

If he's had a falling out, that's a different story, but winning fixes everything. I hope he stays.

bdreason
12-05-2014, 07:28 PM
So much disrespect for D. Lee in this thread. :no:

Look, I like Draymond Green, but he's not better than D. Lee, and certainly shouldn't start over him. Our offense is tailored to D. Lee's skill set, and the advantages that D. Lee will provide on offense will far outweigh the advantages Green offers on defense. Lee also fits better with the starting unit, which already has three perimeter threats, and will benefit greatly from Lee's ability to set picks, pass, and rebound. Green is actually a better fit with the 2nd unit, where he can be used to space the court for guys like Iggy and Livingston to operate.

Ca$H
12-05-2014, 07:33 PM
So much disrespect for D. Lee in this thread. :no:

Look, I like Draymond Green, but he's not better than D. Lee, and certainly shouldn't start over him. Our offense is tailored to D. Lee's skill set, and the advantages that D. Lee will provide on offense will far outweigh the advantages Green offers on defense. Lee also fits better with the starting unit, which already has three perimeter threats, and will benefit greatly from Lee's ability to set picks, pass, and rebound. Green is actually a better fit with the 2nd unit, where he can be used to space the court for guys like Iggy and Livingston to operate.

I disagree. The second unit needs Lee's scoring. Lee can be the #1 option off the bench. I wouldn't mess with the starting unit's chemistry. If it ain't broke don't fix it. They have the best recording in the NBA for a reason.

gin17
12-05-2014, 08:44 PM
If GS could get Dieng somehow, thatll be great