View Full Version : Lin admits Rockets system was ideal for him

Mr Exlax
12-05-2014, 10:04 PM
http://m.pe.com/articles/lin-755656-lakers-point.html

[QUOTE]
Nineteen games in, and it

Milbuck
12-05-2014, 10:06 PM
Agreed. Great system, great coach. It's a shame that situation was pissed on by his bearded retard of a backcourt partner.

Fire Colangelo
12-05-2014, 10:09 PM
Well yeah, a system that's 3pt or drive with no defense played is ideal for anyone's stats.

navy
12-05-2014, 10:26 PM
Doesnt he mean Dantoni?

rezznor
12-05-2014, 11:51 PM
Agreed. Great system, great coach. It's a shame that situation was pissed on by his bearded retard of a backcourt partner.
no

Cocaine80s
12-05-2014, 11:53 PM
Lmao this dude knows he lost his starting spot

imnew09
12-06-2014, 12:11 AM
No sh*t, Lakers don't even have spot up 3 pointer shooters :facepalm No spacing, no Center.... of course this is not ideal. If you're a good PG, you gotta adapt to it to make it better.

FK LIN

UK2K
12-06-2014, 12:24 AM
He lost his starting job in the ideal system. What's that tell you?

bluechox2
12-06-2014, 12:31 AM
He lost his starting job in the ideal system. What's that tell you?
shit coach and a star ball hogg

ny was ideal until melo raised his concern

tamaraw08
12-06-2014, 12:33 AM
well it seems like almost any system is better than the Lakers right now.
Byron Scott relies on very good PGs.
in New Jersey, relied on prime Jason Kidd.
in New Orleans, greatly benefitted from CP3.
then He sucked big time at New Orleans.
Now with Kobe dominating the ball, even when Nash was playing, it seems like they are better off finding a PG who hustles hard and can hit an open perimeter shot ala Patrick Beverly, gee I wonder who drafted that guy?

oh the horror
12-06-2014, 12:33 AM
Why is it always outside factors as to why Lin doesn't look that great?

I've noticed that with people here. Maybe, MAYBE he isn't that fu*king good?

RoundMoundOfReb
12-06-2014, 12:37 AM
He is an average backup PG. Actually, honestly I could probably name 15 guys who are backups right now who are better players than him fairly easily...

Im so nba'd out
12-06-2014, 12:42 AM
Its the "James Harden Jig System".He is the only superstar that will let his teammates jig aka create their own shot.He wont yell at them to give him the ball back.He doesn't try to sabotage them by getting in their way when they drive.James Harden is the perfect teammate and as crazy as it sounds i think he is even a more unselfish passer than lebron.People like lin and parsons are seeing what is feels like to play with stars that dont let their teammates jig in kobe and monta.Parsons even complains about not being able to jig and being forced to be a spot up shooter

http://hoopshabit.com/2014/12/03/dallas-mavericks-chandler-parsons-wants-bigger-role/

sportjames23
12-06-2014, 12:48 AM
He is an average backup PG. Actually, honestly I could probably name 15 guys who are backups right now who are better players than him fairly easily...

Name them then. You just hate Lin because he's Asian, you racist p.o.s.

I'm ****in witcha, bro.

UK2K
12-06-2014, 01:08 AM

15-4 Leading the SW division...

not too shit.

Somehow, the Rockets roster is full of UDFA's and 2nd round picks, and they seem to be flourishing under that shit coach.

No, don't get it twisted, Lin is garbage.

UK2K
12-06-2014, 01:11 AM
Its the "James Harden Jig System".He is the only superstar that will let his teammates jig aka create their own shot.He wont yell at them to give him the ball back.He doesn't try to sabotage them by getting in their way when they drive.James Harden is the perfect teammate and as crazy as it sounds i think he is even a more unselfish passer than lebron.People like lin and parsons are seeing what is feels like to play with stars that dont let their teammates jig in kobe and monta.Parsons even complains about not being able to jig and being forced to be a spot up shooter

http://hoopshabit.com/2014/12/03/dallas-mavericks-chandler-parsons-wants-bigger-role/

Anyone who averages nearly 7 assists per game is a pretty good passer.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-06-2014, 01:19 AM
Name them then. You just hate Lin because he's Asian, you racist p.o.s.

I'm ****in witcha, bro.

Read the white text :cheers: .....but just to see if I could:

Isaiah Thomas
Greivis Vasquez
Shaun Livingston
Kirk Hinrich
Nate Robinson
Patty Mills
Jarrett Jack
Andre Miller
Reggie Jackson
Pablo Pirgioni
Dennis Schroeder (sp?)
Beno Udrih
CJ Watson
Mo Williams
Devin Harris

All those guys are at least in the same tier as him.

ronnymac
12-06-2014, 02:03 AM
Lin is not good bough to build around him and let him take over you're offense.heck Jason Terry is giving us just as much and a lot better clutch play. Terry is averaging 18 points 5 assists on over 50 percent from the three point line as a starter.

ronnymac
12-06-2014, 02:05 AM
Read the white text :cheers: .....but just to see if I could:

Isaiah Thomas
Greivis Vasquez
Shaun Livingston
Kirk Hinrich
Nate Robinson
Patty Mills
Jarrett Jack
Andre Miller
Reggie Jackson
Pablo Pirgioni
Dennis Schroeder (sp?)
Beno Udrih
CJ Watson
Mo Williams
Devin Harris

All those guys are at least in the same tier as him.
Thomas, jack and Jackson are clearly better.

ronnymac
12-06-2014, 02:08 AM

Harden is playing at an unbelievable rate on BOTH sides of the ball.

oarabbus
12-06-2014, 03:17 AM
Why is it always outside factors as to why Lin doesn't look that great?

I've noticed that with people here. Maybe, MAYBE he isn't that fu*king good?

Literally no one is propping Lin up this season man. There is maybe ONE poster who is saying he's "that fuxking good". It's legitimately all in your head. Even the staunchest Lin fans have acknowledged he's simply a low end starter or good backup in this league. Yeah I'm gonna maintain he's a good 6th man.

UK2K
12-06-2014, 03:32 AM
Literally no one is propping Lin up this season man. There is maybe ONE poster who is saying he's "that fuxking good". It's legitimately all in your head. Even the staunchest Lin fans have acknowledged he's simply a low end starter or good backup in this league. Yeah I'm gonna maintain he's a good 6th man.

He's an excellent sixth man. Pair him with a big off the bench who can finish around the post, and you've got the makings of a solid second unit.

Kidbasketball20
12-06-2014, 04:06 AM

Yup. There is 100% major hatred on Lin and outright lying and slander about people who post here just b/c of his race. Ridiculous.

Yes this season is a tremendous disappointment. But the season isn't over yet (not even half way). If he can carve out a 6th man role like he did with the Rox last year he'll be fine.

UK2K
12-06-2014, 05:27 AM
Yup. There is 100% major hatred on Lin and outright lying and slander about people who post here just b/c of his race. Ridiculous.

Yes this season is a tremendous disappointment. But the season isn't over yet (not even half way). If he can carve out a 6th man role like he did with the Rox last year he'll be fine.

Pulling the race card? :facepalm

Welp, get in line, it stretches around the block.

YouGotServed
12-06-2014, 07:39 AM

No one is hyping up Lin because he's sucking ass so far in L.A. Before the season started every LOF was saying Lin was going to shine in L.A, mainly because he didn't have to play under McHale anymore. :oldlol:

Blue&Orange
12-06-2014, 08:33 AM
Lin talking about rockets system being ideal when he played for pringles? Did he forgot Linsanity or by system he means Parsons?

Im so nba'd out
12-06-2014, 09:31 AM
Lin was ass on the knicks when melo played don't forget....

Kidbasketball20
12-06-2014, 02:44 PM
Pulling the race card? :facepalm

Welp, get in line, it stretches around the block.

On ISH where people don't get banned for saying ***** and making clearly racial comments? Absolutely.

You are crazy if you don't think the hate on him is b/c of his race (STFU about the "his fans are so annoying" BS, grow a set and stfu)

mehyaM24
12-06-2014, 03:01 PM
it wont win you THAT many more games - the lakers roster isn't that great - but moving lin to the bench MAY pay the lakers dividends in the long haul. he has skills that you don't admit to but if you understood sports science and not just gut reactions, lin has the potential to play a VG role off the bench, or as 6th man.

he is floundering right now because he is trying too hard to please rather than just play his game. he has been given more than enough opportunities in houston and with the lakers to make the starting position his own - so far he has not impressed.

Kidbasketball20
12-06-2014, 03:04 PM
it wont win you THAT many more games - the lakers roster isn't that great - but moving lin to the bench MAY pay the lakers dividends in the long haul. he has skills that you don't admit to but if you understood sports science and not just gut reactions, lin has the potential to play a VG role off the bench, or as 6th man.

he is floundering right now because he is trying too hard to please rather than just play his game. he has been given more than enough opportunities in houston and with the lakers to make the starting position his own - so far he has not impressed.

The bottom line unless he's the focal point of a team's offense, he has difficulty. Especially when the others around him are not playing team basketball and not talented enough to contribute solely be themselves.

Notice how much better Jeffries, Novak, Landry, Tyson, Amare and Shump all played when they BOUGHT INTO THE SYSTEM that YOU RUN THE BALL THROUGH LIN? How well their stats were?

That's how you win bball games.

mehyaM24
12-06-2014, 03:26 PM
The bottom line unless he's the focal point of a team's offense, he has difficulty. Especially when the others around him are not playing team basketball and not talented enough to contribute solely be themselves.

Notice how much better Jeffries, Novak, Landry, Tyson, Amare and Shump all played when they BOUGHT INTO THE SYSTEM that YOU RUN THE BALL THROUGH LIN? How well their stats were?

That's how you win bball games.
i believe that had MORE to do with dantoni's offense. most point guards, even average ones like lin, all have career highs in assists and shooting percentages under that style of play because its an up and down tempo with no accountability for defense - something lin, when asked to do, cannot and is OBVIOUSLY lacking.

many ample opportunities in houston with a stacked team, including the PLAYOFFS - and LIN proved he couldnt handle the pressure to be a starting point guard. even with a BAD team (lakers), where supposed "elite" players can pad their statistics, he is struggling.

the best thing to do, as i said - move LIN to the bench where most of the lakers spot up/best shooters are at. in more ways than one, lin is EXACTLY like tim tebow - you scrap your entire playbook to suit his skillset. of course - this is the lakers we're talking about here. this would NOT benefit a team that actually plays defense and has a structured offense (rather than one player monopolizing possessions).

Kidbasketball20
12-06-2014, 03:49 PM
i believe that had MORE to do with dantoni's offense. most point guards, even average ones like lin, all have career highs in assists and shooting percentages under that style of play because its an up and down tempo with no accountability for defense - something lin, when asked to do, cannot and is OBVIOUSLY lacking.

many ample opportunities in houston with a stacked team, including the PLAYOFFS - and LIN proved he couldnt handle the pressure to be a starting point guard. even with a BAD team (lakers), where supposed "elite" players can pad their statistics, he is struggling.

the best thing to do, as i said - move LIN to the bench where most of the lakers spot up/best shooters are at. in more ways than one, lin is EXACTLY like tim tebow - you scrap your entire playbook to suit his skillset. of course - this is the lakers we're talking about here. this would NOT benefit a team that actually plays defense and has a structured offense (rather than one player monopolizing possessions).

All false

Esp. Lin compared to Tebow. Really? :facepalm

mehyaM24
12-06-2014, 04:00 PM

absolutely - lin is completely average and can ONLY play one way. uptempo. otherwise what good is he?

people want to talk about rondo being "overrated"? if you saw the game the other night against boston, forget the stats, and by the way he did fill the damn boxscore - just look at how he is a leader. a take charge pg, who gets EVERYONE involved. he keeps defenses guessing, then finds his bigs with perfect passes, all they have to do is go up and finish.

unlike lin, rondo, can actually drive in traffic and finish at the rim CONSISTENTLY - rondo is the pg that would make sacre look good and would extend kobe's career, help his teammates get easier shots, and have real ballers looking at coming to la - oh and he plays defense.

basically, the lakers are over paying a backup pg to be the starter - a pg that had ample opportunities (82 game season and playoffs on a stacked team) - all the "linsane" fans are in COMPLETE denial. he had ONE good month as an unknown in the middle of the season (bad team), and never earned his stripes the old ashioned way by collecting a body of CONSISTENT work - yet he was GIVEN, not earned, a lucrative contract for that one good month of hype.

he hoodwinked houston, and they were willing to give up draft assets to get rid of that bad contract.

he is a back up, period.

Legends66NBA7
12-06-2014, 04:03 PM
All false

It's a great example.

Both are hype machines for being average at best players.

sportsfan76
12-06-2014, 04:16 PM
http://m.pe.com/articles/lin-755656-lakers-point.html

This dickhead will be out of the league in 2 years. he is not good, has a weak handle and a shaky ass jumper and no defense

KungFuJoe
12-06-2014, 04:55 PM
It's a great example.

Both are hype machines for being average at best players.

Tebow isn't even in the league anymore. Lin belongs, starter or not.

Tebow was also a Heisman trophy winner and even though people had their doubts about him he was still drafted. Lin was undrafted and no one even knew he existed.

During Tebows playoff runs he was pulling shit out of his ass late in games after sucking for most of it. Lin was crushing teams from tip off.

Bad comparison.

J Shuttlesworth
12-06-2014, 05:08 PM
Poor Lin. He's a PG, and in his career, he's played along side with Kobe, Harden, and Melo.... three ball dominant chuckers

sportsfan76
12-06-2014, 05:21 PM
Poor Lin. He's a PG, and in his career, he's played along side with Kobe, Harden, and Melo.... three ball dominant chuckers

he should have kept his ass in NY to build something there

UK2K
12-06-2014, 07:04 PM
With Lins physical characteristics, I'd average 15 assists a game playing with any of them.

Too bad I smoke too much. What might have been.

KungFuJoe
12-06-2014, 07:29 PM
With Lins physical characteristics, I'd average 15 assists a game playing with any of them.

Too bad I smoke too much. What might have been.

Well, I know you're joking but NO ONE will average lots of assists playing next to guys like Melo, Harden or Kobe.

They don't cut to the basket or are lights out off the catch and shoot. That's who PGs get their assist numbers from.

Harden gets the ball...what does he do? Stops, back to his defender, pivots to face his defender, triple threat...make a move...by this time the chance for an assist is gone.

Kobe...same thing...except mix in a post up game...but same rule applies. He holds the ball, then makes his move.

Melo...another example...loves to post up but he won't make a quick enough move to get the PG an assist.

Lin was getting all of his assists off the PnR lobbing it to guys like Tyson Chandler, Jeffries popping out for a mid range, Novak in the corner for three or Fields running the floor.

NY was really the ideal situation for Lin...at least until Melo came back.

MiseryCityTexas
12-06-2014, 10:47 PM

Yeah Lin is a much better player when you surround him around role players with inferior talent offensively, and that pretty much what happened in the Linsanity era until Melo came back. When Lin plays with Superstars, he friggin sucks.

Shih508
12-06-2014, 11:12 PM
Yeah Lin is a much better player when you surround him around role players with inferior talent offensively, and that pretty much what happened in the Linsanity era until Melo came back. When Lin plays with Superstars, he friggin sucks.

What's melo's record after lin left?

NYK would be better off keeping Lin and D'antionio than signing that fat ass for 120m+

MiseryCityTexas
12-06-2014, 11:13 PM
What's melo's record after lin left?

NYK would be better off keeping Lin and D'antionio than signing that fat ass for 120m+

Not sure, but I do remember the Knicks started losing more again after Melo came back.

sportsfan76
12-06-2014, 11:45 PM
Not sure, but I do remember the Knicks started losing more again after Melo came back.

Melo is a role player too