PDA

View Full Version : Byron Scott says he's changing the starting lineups after tonight. Let's speculate

konex
12-05-2014, 11:11 PM
I think Boozer and Johnson are out for sure. PG defense has been a disaster so maybe Lin sits too.

Price
Kobe
Young
Hill
Davis

is what I expect

RoundMoundOfReb
12-05-2014, 11:14 PM
Should go:

Lin
Young
Ellington
Hill
Davis

Magic 32
12-05-2014, 11:14 PM
Byron Scott says he's changing the starting lineups after tonight

Source?

sportjames23
12-05-2014, 11:15 PM
Byron Scott says he's changing the starting lineups after tonight

Sauce?

konex
12-05-2014, 11:18 PM
Source?

I listened to the postgame interview

Mr. Jabbar
12-05-2014, 11:19 PM
polite way to say boozer wont be starting ever again

Magic 32
12-05-2014, 11:20 PM
I listened to the postgame interview

If true :applause: :applause: :applause:

Magic 32
12-05-2014, 11:21 PM
polite way to say boozer wont be starting ever again

And Wes.

gts
12-05-2014, 11:21 PM
Young for Johnson would be good, if young dedicates himself to playing some D.. anything else is basically just shuffling the dishes...

IncarceratedBob
12-05-2014, 11:22 PM
Kobe and Davis need to start.

Boozer is no longer an NBA player and Jeremy Lin never was. Clarkson has shown flashes of brilliance and has elite talent, he is ready to start.

Clarkson
Bryant
Young
Davis
Hill

Cut Jeremy Lin to send a message to the team that this sort of effort is unacceptable. This should be a playoff team and they're looking like a bottom feeder.

Magic 32
12-05-2014, 11:23 PM
PG: Lin
SG: Kobe
SF: Ellington
PF:Hill
C: Davis

If Ellington can stop shooting fadeaways and be a spot up 3.

KungFuJoe
12-05-2014, 11:25 PM
Anyone who wants price to start over Lin is a hater.

I fully admit Lin has been disappointing so far but Price might be the worst PG in the league.

gts
12-05-2014, 11:30 PM

Boozer is no longer an NBA player and Jeremy Lin never was. Clarkson has shown flashes of brilliance and has elite talent, he is ready to start.

Clarkson
Bryant
Young
Davis
Hill

Cut Jeremy Lin to send a message to the team that this sort of effort is unacceptable. This should be a playoff team and they're looking like a bottom feeder.:wtf:

Keno
12-05-2014, 11:30 PM
kobe off the bench would be great for the lakers.

HurricaneKid
12-05-2014, 11:32 PM
Well this is back to back -30 and -29 games for Kobe. Maybe if he comes off the bench he can shoot better than 37%.

But if I had to guess they are FINALLY going to do what everyone knew should have been done in the first game of opening night and give Ed Davis the nod over Booz.

Cocaine80s
12-05-2014, 11:33 PM
I have a feeling its gonna be:

Kobe
Ellington
Young
Hill
Davis

Kvnzhangyay
12-05-2014, 11:33 PM

Clarkson
Bryant
Young
Davis
Hill

Cut Jeremy Lin to send a message to the team that this sort of effort is unacceptable. This should be a playoff team and they're looking like a bottom feeder.

L O L

Magic 32
12-05-2014, 11:37 PM
Well this is back to back -30 and -29 games for Kobe.

When Kobe enters the game, so does Wes Johnson and Carlos Boozer.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-05-2014, 11:38 PM
They should play Ellington more. Wes Johnson is ****ing awful

KungFuJoe
12-05-2014, 11:40 PM
They should play Ellington more. Wes Johnson is ****ing awful

He might also be our best overall defender.

That's our problem...a bunch of one way guys.

konex
12-05-2014, 11:40 PM
Anyone who wants price to start over Lin is a hater.

I fully admit Lin has been disappointing so far but Price might be the worst PG in the league.

Lin gives ZERO resistance and he has no confidence vs. star players. He needs to sit

KungFuJoe
12-05-2014, 11:43 PM
Lin gives ZERO resistance and he has no confidence vs. star players. He needs to sit

But who you gonna start? Price? At least Lin can play at times. Like his scoring burst against Boston earlier. Price is pretty much awful every second he's on the court.

KungFuJoe
12-05-2014, 11:45 PM
You could sit both price and Lin but then we'd have no one to guard the opposing PG.

I don't think Scott is a good coach but man he has nothing to work with.

konex
12-05-2014, 11:48 PM
At least Price isn't afraid of star PGs. Lin seems like he is

Kvnzhangyay
12-05-2014, 11:49 PM

elaborate with proof?

KungFuJoe
12-05-2014, 11:53 PM

I think Lin is more afraid of Kobe than opposing guards.

kennethgriffin
12-05-2014, 11:58 PM
itel be

PG - Price
SG - Ellington
SF - Kobe
PF - Boozer
C - Hill

and btw the mods can still s*ck my d*ck and keep banning me for all i care. i have 2 forums to post on

:lol

konex
12-05-2014, 11:59 PM
elaborate with proof?

He plays way too tentative vs. stars. I can't explain it. Just watch him vs. a big-name guy as opposed to scrubs

tamaraw08
12-06-2014, 12:04 AM
Why the heck is Byron so hanged up who are starting, its about who are playing the heavy minutes.
Almost every great coach have this starting players who don't play heavy minutes and vice versa. Manu usually don't start with Pops.
same with AC Green under Phil, or Mahorn with Daly or heck even Keith Bogans with Thibs.
If he wants to bench some players then so be it. Get and find those D-leaguers if it would help.

imnew09
12-06-2014, 12:09 AM
Price
Kobe
Wesley
Hill
Davis

stalkerforlife
12-06-2014, 12:12 AM
itel be

PG - Price
SG - Ellington
SF - Kobe
PF - Boozer
C - Hill

and btw the mods can still s*ck my d*ck and keep banning me for all i care. i have 2 forums to post on

:lol

Why would this legend ever be banned? :biggums:

Years of loyalty to ISH and this is what he gets. :facepalm

KungFuJoe
12-06-2014, 12:21 AM
He plays way too tentative vs. stars. I can't explain it. Just watch him vs. a big-name guy as opposed to scrubs

He had 18 against the clippers. 14 and 12 against Memphis. 18 against phx.

All good defending PGs.

He had zero against steph curry who isn't a great defender.

Zero against Wall but he had an off night...had wide open shots.

It just seems like he has an off night for whatever reason.

MJ(Mean John)
12-06-2014, 12:57 AM
See the problem with Starting Ed Davis over boozer is that Ed Davis plays defense, and if our defense was bad already, that was with Ed Davis or Jordan Hill on the floor, most of the time, one of those guys was on the floor. Imagine now when they are both on, cool, but when they are both off? man WTF.
Sacre and Boozer? God Perkins will be a 20/10 guy against them.

And with Lin, man he sucks. But you know what, it might be better to let him come off the bench since he works well with Ed Davis. The second unit needs a ball handler, because lets be real, ronnie price is...lol
well, yak now.

i think our best line up will be

price
KB
wesley
Boozer
Hill.

We need boozer to be a threat on offense to help out KB and Hill. (God that is a pathetic statement)

And the bench can be

Lin
Ellington
Nick Young
Ed Davis
Sacre

This team is f.ucken sorry.

lakerspng
12-06-2014, 01:31 AM
honestly I would bring Lin and Boozer off the bench. scoring punch against second units.

I'd start Price, Kobe, Young, Hill, Davis.

and I would get Clarkson some more PT.

1st unit

price
Kobe
Young
Hill
Davis

2nd unit

Lin
Ellington
Johnson
Boozer
Hill/Davis

either davis or hill need to in the game at all times. Sacre should play only if someone's injured or in foul trouble. Randle being injured is actually hurting us a lot, he'd be a help.

IamRAMBO24
12-06-2014, 01:52 AM
Lin was solid last night. It's easy to hate on him, but when he gets it going, he is the best Laker not name bean.

In the 3rd quarter before the game was blown away, Lin scored 7 points in a row to keep the game close. Since he took an erratic 3 pointer (but made it), Kobe took the ball full court and went one on one only to miss. That was Kobe's way of saying not to take stupid shots like that. It didn't matter if it was made or not, the ball needs to go through Kobe before any player can shoot it.

I can see why Lin prefers the Rockets system vs this selfish way of playing ball. Lin is actually a pretty good player if he can just play his game. His confidence is his biggest roadblock. His skills are there. When he missed those 10 points, it was more mental than what he's capable of.

SamuraiSWISH
12-06-2014, 01:58 AM
Who cares? They don't have much talent period.

shadow
12-06-2014, 02:17 AM
Start the bench, bench the starters. Just for the entertainment value.

ronnymac
12-06-2014, 02:24 AM
The only legit starting calibare player they have is kobe.

ImKobe
12-06-2014, 02:39 AM
Should go:

Lin
Young
Ellington
Hill
Davis

I hope you get cancer.

oarabbus
12-06-2014, 03:33 AM

Clarkson
Bryant
Young
Davis
Hill

Lin has been playing bad but Clarkson is SO FU*CKING BAD ITS ABSURD

It should either be:

Lin
Kobe
Young
Davis
Hill

With Boozer and Johnson off the bench or:

Price
Kobe
Young
Boozer
Hill

With Lin and Davis off the bench

Clarkson is awful, terrible trash. If you think Clarkson is good you should throw a brick at your TV and computer and burn down your house