PDA

View Full Version : "Best scorer in the game" leading his team to 4-17 in a pathetic conference

RoundMoundOfReb
12-06-2014, 05:15 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol:

J Shuttlesworth
12-06-2014, 05:17 PM
Wait is that the Knicks record or Durant's FG last night?

RoundMoundOfReb
12-06-2014, 05:17 PM
Knicks record. Melo is the most overrated player in the league.

MellowYellow
12-06-2014, 05:18 PM
Knicks record. Melo is the most overrated player in the league.
Knicks record has nothing to do with him, prime MJ couldn't lead these scrubs to the playoffs.

Nash
12-06-2014, 05:19 PM
not sure if OP means Kobe, Durant or Melo

J Shuttlesworth
12-06-2014, 05:20 PM
Knicks record has nothing to do with him, prime MJ couldn't lead these scrubs to the playoffs.
If this were the West, i'd agree, but come on bro. It's the East

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/02/mj-laughing.gif

RoundMoundOfReb
12-06-2014, 05:20 PM
In the East? He absolutely would. Nets are in the playoffs with like an 8-11 record right now. MJ would have this team around .500 at the very least...

Bandito
12-06-2014, 05:21 PM
He meant Lebron.

MellowYellow
12-06-2014, 05:22 PM
In the East? He absolutely would. Nets are in the playoffs with like an 8-11 record right now. MJ would have this team around .500 at the very least...
Nope, sorry but you don't know what you are talking about.. If you actually watched every knicks game then you might have a clue.

SugarHill
12-06-2014, 05:25 PM
Because Durant and Kobe play in a "pathetic conference"

fpliii
12-06-2014, 05:26 PM
Melo is the most overrated player in the league.
Yep.

ArbitraryWater
12-06-2014, 05:32 PM

If OP left out "pathetic conference".. damn lol

He meant Lebron.

I don't get it?

Milbuck
12-06-2014, 05:33 PM
Yes he absolutely could. The Knicks roster is not good whatsoever but it's not completely terrible, their problems stem more from having zero idea how to play the triangle.

MJ, Lebron, Kobe, Wade, etc have all done far more with worse.

Fudge
12-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Buncha fail jokes in here. :oldlol:

Maybe next time, fellas.

smoovegittar
12-06-2014, 05:35 PM
Negged for douche-like tendencies

SugarHill
12-06-2014, 05:38 PM
Negged for douche-like tendencies
:roll:

MellowYellow
12-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Yes he absolutely could. The Knicks roster is not good whatsoever but it's not completely terrible, their problems stem more from having zero idea how to play the triangle.

MJ, how many times did he miss the playoffs before phil arrived and scottie developed?

Lebron, his teams lacked individual talent in cleveland but they were great defensive teams with players that fit his game well

Kobe, missed the playoffs in 05 with a similar team and will miss the playoffs again this year with a better team

point is, this is a team game. there is only so much one player can do.

Melo is only one on the team averaging over 15pts a game, Why? dudes on this team are absurdly inconsistent and inefficient.

Milbuck
12-06-2014, 05:52 PM
MJ, how many times did he miss the playoffs before phil arrived and scottie developed?Once.

Lebron, his teams lacked individual talent in cleveland but they were great defensive teams with players that fit his game well
Whatever talent advantage those Cavs teams may have had is blown out of the water by the difference in results. They won 66 games one year...the Knicks are on pace to win 19. Are you seriously telling me that the talent discrepancy between the two supporting casts is worth 47 wins?

Kobe, missed the playoffs in 05 with a similar team and will miss the playoffs again this year with a better teamCoach resigned halfway through the year, Kobe got hurt and missed a month, they started Chucky Atkins and Chris Mihm...and they still won nearly twice the games the Knicks are on pace to win this year :oldlol:

point is, this is a team game. there is only so much one player can do.Who exactly is expecting him to win the championship with this team?

Could they at least win more than 1 game every week and a half?

ArbitraryWater
12-06-2014, 06:04 PM
MJ, how many times did he miss the playoffs before phil arrived and scottie developed?

Once.

Never, actually.

Milbuck
12-06-2014, 06:08 PM
Never, actually.
My mistake. Don't know why I thought he missed it his rookie year.

MellowYellow
12-06-2014, 06:10 PM
Never, actually.
30-52 lost in first round
38-44 lost in first round
40-42 lost in first round

J Shuttlesworth
12-06-2014, 06:12 PM
Making the playoffs > not

unless you're the sixers.

And this conference is weaker than the early 90s east

ArbitraryWater
12-06-2014, 06:14 PM

... In a stronger conference than today :applause:

You also fail to mention the Bulls were 50% with MJ in the lineup (injured sophomore season)

MellowYellow
12-06-2014, 06:14 PM
... In a stronger conference than today :applause:
East is way stronger now

J Shuttlesworth
12-06-2014, 06:29 PM
East is way stronger now
Yeah Jordan lost to this team:

http://i.imgur.com/23kT6sG.png

Meanwhile, Melo will miss the playoffs while these guys make it:

http://i.imgur.com/gbdK6bR.png

Totally comparable situations, right?

Prometheus
12-06-2014, 06:46 PM
East is way stronger now

Ban worthy. If I could I would neg you a hundred times just for this post.

Bandito
12-06-2014, 06:50 PM
If OP left out "pathetic conference".. damn lol

I don't get it?
I was being ironic. Lebron is not leading anything anywhere:roll:

20Four
12-06-2014, 06:57 PM
Hes making millions and yet you are the one burger flipping and shining shoes on the side....just because you were 4-17 in burning burger patties, doesn't mean you gotta be mad at kobe....calm down k?

ArbitraryWater
12-06-2014, 06:58 PM

Now that I get.. However that's a lie aswell :lol :ohwell:

Legends66NBA7
12-06-2014, 07:01 PM
Hes making millions and yet you are the one burger flipping and shining shoes on the side....just because you were 4-17 in not burning burger patties, doesn't mean you gotta be mad at kobe....calm down k?

Thread isn't about Kobe.

Legends66NBA7
12-06-2014, 07:02 PM
Making the playoffs > not

unless you're the sixers.

And this conference is weaker than the early 90s east

Depends who tanks or not in terms of playoff standings. You don't want to be in the range of 7-11 in any league.

Also, you meant the early 00s East, right ?

MellowYellow
12-06-2014, 07:02 PM
Yeah Jordan lost to this team:

http://i.imgur.com/23kT6sG.png

Why are you comparing a 1 seed to one of the worst rosters in the east

What team back then had 3 superstars like bron love and irving
and noah,butler and rose

what was the 7 and 8 seed looking like back then

Pacers with rosters like this
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/IND/1987.html

coin24
12-06-2014, 07:04 PM

Kyrie MVP :applause:

J Shuttlesworth
12-06-2014, 07:05 PM
Depends who tanks or not in terms of playoff standings. You don't want to be in the range of 7-11 in any league.

Also, you meant the early 00s East, right ?
We're talking about Melo's Knicks now compared to Jordan's bulls in the early 90s and late 80s

imnew09
12-06-2014, 07:14 PM
so glad he didn't sign with the Lakers :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :banana: :banana:

imdaman99
12-06-2014, 07:38 PM
I wonder how he would do if he had Wade and bosh as teammates or kyrie and love or Westbrook on his team with him.

OP calls the Knicks and Lakers insignificant yet makes weekly threads on them. I'm sure he doesn't get much attention in real life so he looks for it on a message board :oldlol:

Duggrr
12-06-2014, 07:43 PM

Holy slavs :biggums:

Papaya Petee
12-06-2014, 07:58 PM
Wade in 08-09 would of dreamed to have Amare right now, even if he's averaging 13\8 (would be higher with Wade playmaking) or even a Hardaway Jr or Jr Smith other players who can consistently put some pressure on the defense and score 10-15 points on nights. Yet he got 5th seed with worse.

Same thing with 05-06 Kobe, except Odom> any player Wade had, and he got the 7th seed in the West.

Jordan would absolutely get a 6-8th seed with these Knicks.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Wade in 08-09 would of dreamed to have Amare right now, even if he's averaging 13\8 (would be higher with Wade playmaking) or even a Hardaway Jr or Jr Smith other players who can consistently put some pressure on the defense and score 10-15 points on nights. Yet he got 5th seed with worse.

Same thing with 05-06 Kobe, except Odom> any player Wade had, and he got the 7th seed in the West.

Jordan would absolutely get a 6-8th seed with these Knicks.

Agreed. Heck, look at the Bucks, Nets, Celtics, Pacers rosters right now. All awful yet somehow doing better than the Knicks who supposedly have a "superstar" in his prime.

Kblaze8855
12-06-2014, 08:59 PM
Michael Jordan in his prime couldnt lead this team to the playoffs...in the east. The same team this dude said:

Most underrated team in the NBA, just like the 2012 Knicks they will win mad games and people will claim it to be a "fluke"

about.

There is one player getting burn on the entire roster who isnt a well known commodity....so its not like he was taking a guess on how good some unknowns would be.

Team is full of established players we all know well.

A month ago they are the most underrated team in the league...now Jordan couldnt lead them to the playoffs in a conference that will have a 39-42 win 8th seed.....

Same players. All established vets we knew going in.

Now they are Dleagers and scrubs.

Knicks fan have been the most unrealistic fans in sports for like 30 years. They were gonna win the title every year from like 1990 to 2002 if you let them tell it.

This team isnt that untalented.

Less talented teams win the 38-40 wins it would take to make the playoffs this year all the time. AK47 took a team with Matt Harpring(who played 31 games) as his second best player to over 40 wins in a west that had a 50 win 6th seed.

But its totally out of the realm of possibility that the greatest players of all time could win 40 in todays east with a roster that doesnt justify the least bit of mention among the worst its ever been done with.....

The Bucks just...have some guys. The Pacers? Shit...you know David West has played 5 games this year? No George....Lance on the Hornets...West out much of the season. And Hibbert has missed games too. The Pacers running plays for Damjam Rudez and staying competitive and you in here talking about the Knicks woes....

While back Knicks had more upside than the Bulls(so says this guy) now we have 3 superstars...

If you cant be right at least be consistent...

MellowYellow
12-06-2014, 08:59 PM
Agreed. Heck, look at the Bucks, Nets, Celtics, Pacers rosters right now. All awful yet somehow doing better than the Knicks who supposedly have a "superstar" in his prime.

Those teams all have multiple quality players, and good coaches. The knicks only have one good player and a either horrible or tanking coach.

R.I.P.
12-06-2014, 09:15 PM
Taylor Swift feat. Melo - Shoot It Off

I stay up too late, got nothing in my brain

That's what people say mmm, that's what people say mm

I play in too many games, but I can't make 'em pay

At least that's what people say mmm, that's what people say mmm

But I keep cruising, can't stop, won't stop shooting

It's like I got this music in my booty and it's gonna be alright

'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play

And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate

Baby, I'm just gonna shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot

I shoot it off, I shoot it off

Heartbreakers gonna brick, brick, brick, brick, brick

And the fakers gonna fake, fake, fake, fake, fake

I'm just gonna shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot

Baby, I shoot it off, I shoot it off

I'll never miss a feast, I'm concrete on my feet

And that's what they don't see hmmm, that's what they don't see hmmm

I'm travelling on my own (travelling on my own), I'll make the moves up as I go (moves up as I go)

And that's what they don't know hmmm, that's what they don't know hmmm

But I keep cruising, can't stop, won't stop shooting

It's like I got this music in my booty saying it's gonna be alright

Heartbreakers gonna brick, brick, brick, brick, brick

And the fakers gonna fake, fake, fake, fake, fake

I, I shoot it off, I shoot it off

I, I shoot it off, I shoot it off,

Hey, hey, hey, just think while you've been getting down and out about the Lakers and dirty, dirty chuckers in the world you could have been getting down to this sick meal

Calderon brought his new girlfriend

She's like "oh my God", but I'm just gonna shoot it

And to the fella over there with the hella good hair

Won't you come on over, Iman, we can shoot, shoot, shoot

Baby, I'm just gonna shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot

I shoot it off, I shoot it off

---------------------------------------

Melo is an amazing talent, who most of the time makes his team better through his play, but he doesn

Legends66NBA7
12-06-2014, 09:22 PM
There is truth about how this current Knicks team was supposed to be the most underrated team in the league according to Knicks fans. Even a thread on it.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=355096

hiphopfan777
12-06-2014, 10:43 PM
He also has 100 million reasons why unlike lebron who took a pay cut and less years

hiphopfan777
12-06-2014, 10:45 PM
Nope, sorry but you don't know what you are talking about.. If you actually watched every knicks game then you might have a clue.
And whose fault is that. Melo chose money over winningn whose fault is it he didnt choose chicago

MellowYellow
12-06-2014, 10:50 PM
He also has 100 million reasons why unlike lebron who took a pay cut and less years

Lebron is getting a max, and he is going to get an even bigger max in 2016. He ain't losing no money.

MellowYellow
12-06-2014, 10:51 PM
And whose fault is that. Melo chose money over winningn whose fault is it he didnt choose chicago
He chose NY over Chicago, and believing in Phil putting a winning team around him.

Shih508
12-06-2014, 11:15 PM

When could Kobe win without great supports? I can understand MJ, Lebron and AI but dun put Kobe in that sentence plz

Shih508
12-06-2014, 11:18 PM
I wonder how he would do if he had Wade and bosh as teammates or kyrie and love or Westbrook on his team with him.

OP calls the Knicks and Lakers insignificant yet makes weekly threads on them. I'm sure he doesn't get much attention in real life so he looks for it on a message board :oldlol:

he could have Harden & Howard or Rose & Noah on his team but he decided to go with max money

Modern day Glenn Robinson