PDA

View Full Version : Much respect...D Rose

magmo68
12-06-2014, 10:26 PM
http://a.espncdn.com//photo/2014/1206/nba_u_rose1x_300x200.jpg

Taking from nypost.com..."The Medical Examiner

CavaliersFTW
12-06-2014, 10:29 PM
Did something happen to him or something? What's the purpose of this thread?

AboutBuckets
12-06-2014, 10:31 PM
DNP - Asthma

dontgetchoked
12-06-2014, 10:33 PM

that guy that got choked out by the police for selling cigarettes. His last words were I cant breathe, paramedics took forever to get there and he died on the way to the hospital

Smook A.
12-06-2014, 10:33 PM
It's not even funny how much shit Rose gets by NBA fans nowadays.

oh the horror
12-06-2014, 10:36 PM

The catch phrase for the protests over Eric Garner dying after an altercation with officers is "I can't breathe" which were his last words.

D Rose rocking the shirt there

LilEddyCurry
12-06-2014, 10:36 PM
It's not even funny how much shit Rose gets by NBA fans nowadays.
He is vastly overrated with his "MVP" year by the casual NBA fan and the Chicago Bulls fans. This pisses off fans who actually pay close attention to the NBA, making them clown Rose for his injuries.

COnDEMnED
12-06-2014, 10:38 PM
that guy that got choked out by the police for selling cigarettes. His last words were I cant breathe, paramedics took forever to get there and he died on the way to the hospital
Sudden cardiac arrest in the ambulance ride.

CavaliersFTW
12-06-2014, 10:38 PM
Oh okay. Well then the people who were photoshopping the shirt to say "I can't play" earlier... wow, assholes :oldlol:

CelticBaller
12-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Sudden cardiac arrest in the ambulance ride.
caused by the chokehold applied by the officer :rolleyes:

COnDEMnED
12-06-2014, 10:42 PM
caused by the chokehold applied by the officer :rolleyes:
If you say so. I guess that's why so many UFC fighters die an hour after a submission.

CelticBaller
12-06-2014, 10:45 PM
If you say so. I guess that's why so many UFC fighters die an hour after a submission.
because garner was a physical conditioned trained fighter :roll:

god you're ****ing stupid

dontgetchoked

those guys are trained to fight and are in top physical condition with great cardio.
dude was overweight and not a pro fighter. Why do you think the ref stops the fight so fast, you really can kill someone with a choke... you think it was a coincidence he was choked unconscious and then died soon after? :facepalm

and if he died an hour later and was still in the ambulance... isn't that a problem?

ProfessorMurder

I guess that's why all cops and perps are professionally trained fighters with honed techniques.

COnDEMnED
12-06-2014, 10:46 PM
I guess that's why all cops and perps are professionally trained fighters with honed techniques.
Watch cops reloaded. You'll see tons of chunky chippers.

COnDEMnED
12-06-2014, 10:51 PM
because garner was a physical conditioned trained fighter :roll:

god you're ****ing stupid
Exactly the point, he was in terrible physical condition. Physically obese and numerous heart conditions. I was also unaware knowing how to fight and training stops you from having sudden cardiac arrest. I thank you for that knowledge.

dontgetchoked
12-06-2014, 10:54 PM
:facepalm having a ****ing referee to stop the fight does though, lmao are you really this simple are are you trolling?:facepalm

not to mention chokeholds have been banned since 1993

RRR3
12-06-2014, 10:54 PM
Respect to DRose :applause:

Condemned is an idiot.

COnDEMnED
12-06-2014, 10:55 PM
those guys are trained to fight and are in top physical condition with great cardio.
dude was overweight and not a pro fighter. Why do you think the ref stops the fight so fast, you really can kill someone with a choke... you think it was a coincidence he was choked unconscious and then died soon after? :facepalm

and if he died an hour later and was still in the ambulance... isn't that a problem?
He was talking to the paramedics in the ambulance before he had sudden cardiac arrest. It is a problem...for the ambulance team. That's why they are fined, suspended, and being investigated.

steve
12-06-2014, 10:55 PM
Exactly the point, he was in terrible physical condition. Physically obese and numerous heart conditions. I was also unaware knowing how to fight and training stops you from having sudden cardiac arrest. I thank you for that knowledge.

He had a sudden cardiac arrest because air was cut off to his brain to the point of unconsciousness. This is a dangerous and life threatening position to be in no matter what kind of physical condition a person is in.

COnDEMnED
12-06-2014, 10:57 PM
:facepalm having a ****ing referee to stop the fight does though, lmao are you really this simple are are you trolling?:facepalm

not to mention chokeholds have been banned since 1993
Not all fights are stopped before the fighter passes out. The referee in this instance would be the black female police sergeant who supervised the whole incident in person.

CelticBaller
12-06-2014, 10:58 PM
>trained fighter
>Goes through vigorously training a unhealthy person like garner couldn't do
>Has several physical exams to find any impediment/disease
>Still fights
>Refs still has to stop the chokehold from killing him

I wonder why gyms and trainers don't encourage the use of choke holds in a real life situation, oh that's right, because they can easily kill anyone

but hey lets ignore that, how about the fact that they were 5 officers there trying to arrest an innocent man who was minding his business?

dazzer87
12-06-2014, 11:00 PM
What the chance of Rose getting fined for wearing that shirt?

COnDEMnED
12-06-2014, 11:02 PM
He had a sudden cardiac arrest because air was cut off to his brain to the point of unconsciousness. This is a dangerous and life threatening position to be in no matter what kind of physical condition a person is in.
He had sudden cardiac arrest because he had numerous health issues including being morbidly obese, diabetes, heart disease, asthma and sleep apnea. Try to understand he didn't die at the scene. Did the choke that lasted a few seconds throughout the time of the short video help the situation? No. Was it the sole cause of his death? No. Did he die because of a choke? Ultimately no, the lack of salad did.

dontgetchoked
12-06-2014, 11:04 PM
He was talking to the paramedics in the ambulance before he had sudden cardiac arrest. It is a problem...for the ambulance team. That's why they are fined, suspended, and being investigated.
its not about being unconscious its about the oxygen to his brain being cut off

COnDEMnED
12-06-2014, 11:07 PM
>trained fighter
>Goes through vigorously training a unhealthy person like garner couldn't do
>Has several physical exams to find any impediment/disease
>Still fights
>Refs still has to stop the chokehold from killing him

I wonder why gyms and trainers don't encourage the use of choke holds in a real life situation, oh that's right, because they can easily kill anyone

but hey lets ignore that, how about the fact that they were 5 officers there trying to arrest an innocent man who was minding his business?
31 prior arrests. Currently was out on bail at the time of the incident. There were more than 5 officers present, several of them black, the sergeant in charge also being black. Chokes on a normal person don't cause death an hour after the fact.

COnDEMnED
12-06-2014, 11:12 PM
its not about being unconscious its about the oxygen to his brain being cut off
Death, as well as brain damage, can occur after the brain has been depleted of oxygen after 5 minutes. Were talking a timeline in excess of an hour here. Try to remember we're also talking about heart condition, not a brain condition. He didn't have a stroke.

magmo68
12-06-2014, 11:22 PM
Oh okay. Well then the people who were photoshopping the shirt to say "I can't play" earlier... wow, assholes :oldlol:

Really...

Akrazotile
12-06-2014, 11:24 PM
DNP - Asthma

:roll:

chocolatethunder
12-06-2014, 11:32 PM
31 prior arrests. Currently was out on bail at the time of the incident. There were more than 5 officers present, several of them black, the sergeant in charge also being black. Chokes on a normal person don't cause death an hour after the fact.
K just to be clear about a few things because it sounds like you're reading off of a newsmax talking points memo.

He didn't die an hour later, he was pronounced dead an hour later at the hospital. He died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.

His 30 prior arrests were bullshit arrests as was what he was on bail for. He had one assault arrest on his record but an assault can also be a total bullshit charge. He didn't have any serious arrests or a history of violence. He was on bail for selling loosies and pot and driving offenses. Hardly anything to get uptight over.

That being said, I understand all of what you're saying and you make good points sometimes. The tragedy is that someone lost their life over nothing. That doesn't mean that the cops killed him in cold blood it means that this situation could have been avoided on all sides. He shouldn't be stupid enough to sell looses for the 800th time and the cops really didn't need to use force to arrest him. Because you're a criminal, it doesn't mean you deserve to die if you're breaking the law.

The problem is that people on all sides have a hard time viewing incidents like this objectively because they are hot button emotional issues and both sides tend to ignore the facts.

AboutBuckets
12-07-2014, 12:32 AM
K just to be clear about a few things because it sounds like you're reading off of a newsmax talking points memo.

He didn't die an hour later, he was pronounced dead an hour later at the hospital. He died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.

His 30 prior arrests were bullshit arrests as was what he was on bail for. He had one assault arrest on his record but an assault can also be a total bullshit charge. He didn't have any serious arrests or a history of violence. He was on bail for selling loosies and pot and driving offenses. Hardly anything to get uptight over.

That being said, I understand all of what you're saying and you make good points sometimes. The tragedy is that someone lost their life over nothing. That doesn't mean that the cops killed him in cold blood it means that this situation could have been avoided on all sides. He shouldn't be stupid enough to sell looses for the 800th time and the cops really didn't need to use force to arrest him. Because you're a criminal, it doesn't mean you deserve to die if you're breaking the law.

The problem is that people on all sides have a hard time viewing incidents like this objectively because they are hot button emotional issues and both sides tend to ignore the facts.

"You must spread some rep around before giving it to ChocolateThunder again"

poido123
12-07-2014, 12:38 AM
Haters call him out when he's not playing, but then trash him when he's playing through injury and playing like shit.

chocolatethunder
12-07-2014, 01:36 AM
"You must spread some rep around before giving it to ChocolateThunder again"
Haha I dunno if you're making fun of me or you think I said something worthwhile but I'm fine with either one.

Pointguard
12-07-2014, 02:55 AM
He is vastly overrated with his "MVP" year by the casual NBA fan and the Chicago Bulls fans. This pisses off fans who actually pay close attention to the NBA, making them clown Rose for his injuries.
Your screename is lil Eddy Curry. You don't pay close attention to the NBA. You're likely eating a donut right now.

hawksdogsbraves
12-07-2014, 03:16 AM
I kind of respect Rose for using his stature to make a political statement, I think it's good that athletes do that. That being said, he's so dumb that nobody should really take him seriously. I'd love to hear an actual interview of Rose talking about the Garner incident.

Pointguard
12-07-2014, 01:00 PM
I kind of respect Rose for using his stature to make a political statement, I think it's good that athletes do that. That being said, he's so dumb that nobody should really take him seriously. I'd love to hear an actual interview of Rose talking about the Garner incident.
I find it ironic that people who think they are smart, can tell the intelligence of others, whom of which, are doing exactly what they want to do in life and love doing. Being that you are a basketball fan, he is actually doing something you fantasize about doing. If he put all of his eggs in one basket for something he loves doing, and succeed in having it work for him, I'm thinking he's smart in the most important aspects of life. The other things he can get around to. You still have his lesson in front of you... if you're really intelligent. But the judging is a definite indication of going in the other direction.

AboutBuckets
12-07-2014, 11:09 PM
Haha I dunno if you're making fun of me or you think I said something worthwhile but I'm fine with either one.

Haha no I tried giving you rep for your big post and got shut down by ISH

stalkerforlife
12-07-2014, 11:11 PM
The cop should be fired, IMO.

Horrible decision and incompetent.

hawksdogsbraves
12-07-2014, 11:45 PM
I find it ironic that people who think they are smart, can tell the intelligence of others, whom of which, are doing exactly what they want to do in life and love doing. Being that you are a basketball fan, he is actually doing something you fantasize about doing. If he put all of his eggs in one basket for something he loves doing, and succeed in having it work for him, I'm thinking he's smart in the most important aspects of life. The other things he can get around to. You still have his lesson in front of you... if you're really intelligent. But the judging is a definite indication of going in the other direction.

Yeah great he's good at basketball. He was born as probably one of the 100 or so most athletic people on the face of the earth. Takes a real genius to turn that into a career as a pro athlete.

Hell, I'm glad he stayed out of trouble and made it in the NBA. If he hadn't, (or hadn't been blessed with his physical gifts) I somehow doubt that he'd "be doing exactly what they want to do in life and love doing" unless what he loves in life is being a gang banger.

And does he really 'love' playing basketball? Judging from some of the stuff he's said lately, I have my doubts.

nathanjizzle
12-07-2014, 11:52 PM
Yeah great he's good at basketball. He was born as probably one of the 100 or so most athletic people on the face of the earth. Takes a real genius to turn that into a career as a pro athlete.

Hell, I'm glad he stayed out of trouble and made it in the NBA. If he hadn't, (or hadn't been blessed with his physical gifts) I somehow doubt that he'd "be doing exactly what they want to do in life and love doing" unless what he loves in life is being a gang banger.

And does he really 'love' playing basketball? Judging from some of the stuff he's said lately, I have my doubts.

i really doubt you are that much smarter than d rose. maybe in some academic subjects, but in real life youre not. rose has bought houses, has business relations, has a career in a billion dollar business. He is exposed to knowing how real world things work. He has experienced alot more than you have and experience is a greater teacher than a book. not to mention he has traveled the world more so than you have. and you still think you know more and have more experience than him:lol :roll:

but because he doesnt articulate that well, means hes dumb.
this guy doesnt articulate that well neither, he must be dumb.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_lsny9m9DW3E/SA4jtHTdudI/AAAAAAAAAKw/mjaL2bdO5do/s200/hawking200-2006-afp-bg.jpg

Pointguard
12-08-2014, 12:16 AM
If you were so smart, you would know that it still takes a lot of discipline, knowhow, studying to take a young team, often injured, with a new coach and teammates to the best record in the league where there are other players playing with other great talents and much more experienced teams. He had one of the highest usage % in the league. Look at your boy Stephen Curry, has his team, ever had the best record? I don't think Lebron, the most gifted athlete on the planet, ever had the best record. How many first year teams with new coaches have ever had the best record in the league without running many offensive sets. It doesn't happen much in the history of the game.

He's in a whole different universe than you. He is among the best in the world at what he does. There are no easy roads to that on any place on earth if 20 million people are participating in competing in the sport. If he can do all of this without loving playing ball, then he's really a whole lot smarter than you. At least passion would take care of some of the giant hurdles in being among the best.