someone get Monroe and Drummond out of there :facepalm

TaLvsCuaL
12-06-2014, 11:25 PM
Rubioless Minnesota is not much better

bdreason
12-06-2014, 11:34 PM
and the worst ran organization

Monroe will be a UFA this summer, so he's gonna get the MAX somewhere else. Drummond gets to spend the next few years with Jennings and J-Smooth though. :oldlol:

SVG doesn't have the personnel to run his system, but he's still trying to run it. This team has no shooters, and the spacing is horrendous.

Im so nba'd out
12-06-2014, 11:35 PM
Pistons would go undefeated in college bball and win national championship we wouldnt go undefeated (sixers) so they are still better than us

sportsfan76
12-06-2014, 11:36 PM
Those dickheads didn't scored 1 pt in OT:facepalm

IncarceratedBob
12-06-2014, 11:57 PM
Where's Spell&Grammar when you need him

T_L_P
12-07-2014, 12:10 AM
Where's Spell&Grammar when you need him

So I put 'In' instead of 'in'.

Fck out of here. :biggums:

Ariza4three
12-07-2014, 12:13 AM
did ppl actually think they were going to be good this year? wtf?

ProfessorMurder
12-07-2014, 12:15 AM
So I put 'In' instead of 'in'.

Fck out of here. :biggums:

I'm pretty sure he means are/is.

Instead of 'Detroit are the worst basketball team in the league' you should have:

Detroit is the worst basketball team in the league.
The Pistons are the worst basketball team in the league.
The Detroit Pistons are the worst basketball team in the league.

sportsfan76
12-07-2014, 12:18 AM
What is Josh Smith paid to do?

T_L_P
12-07-2014, 12:18 AM
I'm pretty sure he means are/is.

Instead of 'Detroit are the worst basketball team in the league' you should have:

Detroit is the worst basketball team in the league.
The Pistons are the worst basketball team in the league.
The Detroit Pistons are the worst basketball team in the league.

Shit, just noticed that. :oldlol:

I accept the loss.

--

did ppl actually think they were going to be good this year? wtf?

With Stan being the coach and with them being in the East, yes. I thought they'd at least compete for a Playoff spot. Damn was I wrong. :lol

fpliii
12-07-2014, 12:21 AM
Monroe will be a UFA this summer, so he's gonna get the MAX somewhere else. Drummond gets to spend the next few years with Jennings and J-Smooth though. :oldlol:

SVG doesn't have the personnel to run his system, but he's still trying to run it. This team has no shooters, and the spacing is horrendous.
Yep.

They need to move Monroe or Smith ASAP. Even if it's 60

Relinquish
12-07-2014, 12:21 AM
and the worst ran organization

The Knicks have that title. :no:

Detroit
12-07-2014, 01:02 AM
Like someone mentioned earlier, the Pistons don't have the right personnel to run what SVG is calling.

That draft pick that we lost last year to the Hornets set us back, but then again so did all of Dumars's boneheaded signings and trades.

At the end of the day, its going to take SVG about 3 seasons to get the Pistons back to respectability.

ProfessorMurder
12-07-2014, 01:07 AM
Shit, just noticed that. :oldlol:

I accept the loss.

:oldlol:

sportsfan76
12-07-2014, 01:13 AM
Like someone mentioned earlier, the Pistons don't have the right personnel to run what SVG is calling.

That draft pick that we lost last year to the Hornets set us back, but then again so did all of Dumars's boneheaded signings and trades.

At the end of the day, its going to take SVG about 3 seasons to get the Pistons back to respectability.

That fat whiny dickhead is the coach?

Ariza4three
12-07-2014, 01:16 AM

yeah it's way too early. it's going take a couple years. they've got to lose now and clear house.

imdaman99
12-07-2014, 02:00 AM
Rubioless Minnesota is not much better
Both have beaten the Knicks :pimp:

76ers haven't though :mad:

buddha
12-07-2014, 02:02 AM
is Stan Van Gundy a terrible coach? why are so much worse than last year?

sportsfan76
12-07-2014, 02:09 AM
is Stan Van Gundy a terrible coach? why are so much worse than last year?

George from Seinfeld is who he reminds me of

coin24
12-07-2014, 03:36 AM
Wait till Meeks comes back:rockon:

But yeah the Pistons are an embarrassment.. Need to get rid of Jennings and Smith ASAP..

andremiller07
12-07-2014, 03:49 AM
Drummond the next great big :roll:

sportsfan76
12-07-2014, 03:59 AM
what is Josh Smith Paid to do?

GOBB
12-07-2014, 09:58 AM
what is Josh Smith Paid to do?

Rumors they were shopping him this past offseason one year after giving him that deal pairing him with monroe/drummond.

At any rate if Sixers fans are embarrassed at their team. What do you have TL say about the pistons?

DamnMixes
12-07-2014, 10:37 AM
My GOD it's a shame watching this team floating like shit in the sea

Still remember that mid 00s era, ben blocking the shit outta shaq, prince with that block on miller, rasheed runnin his mouth, mr big shot b b b billups http://i.imgur.com/O1bf3Gm.png

DamnMixes
12-07-2014, 10:44 AM
But it's amazing how deep bad this team is, it's like Dumars was literally trying to sign any well known player that was left.

This combination of andre, monroe and smith is on some marbury/francis shit

gin17
12-08-2014, 12:56 AM
One of the worst last plays ever: jennings had a clear fastbreak path to the basket to tie the game, but instead he passed to josh smith for a three. How bad is that...

Rake2204
12-08-2014, 01:40 AM
One of the worst last plays ever: jennings had a clear fastbreak path to the basket to tie the game, but instead he passed to josh smith for a three. How bad is that...Smith should have been rolling or crashing or something aside from spotting up from the arc, but Jennings was going to get his shot swatted before he had a chance to float it up. Ibaka was ready and waiting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nLd5d88kHg

I don't think passing was a bad idea. Rather, passing to Josh Smith for 3 was a bad idea.

is Stan Van Gundy a terrible coach? why are so much worse than last year?Virtually everything I'm about to say might come out sounding ridiculous. But I think SVG has done a solid job so far. He knows what he's doing, he takes full accountability and perhaps most importantly - he holds his players accountable just as well.

Brandon Jennings actually hasn't been too shabby this year, and that may have been due to the aid of Van Gundy benching him in two fourth quarters earlier this season when he was being mega-bad Jennings. Now, I'd still prefer Jennings gone, but Van Gundy's not putting up with as much of his business as others did.

He also has Josh Smith taking the least amount of threes per game since 2010 (p.s. how'd they convince Smith not to shoot ANY threes in 2010? What was difference about that one year - he took 7 total - versus every other season? And why didn't it stick?)

As to why they're so much worse than last year - this will sound ridiculous again, but I think they were hurt by losing Rodney Stuckey and Will Bynum. I figure, if you take a team that only won 29 games to begin with, and you remove one of its top scorers (Stuckey) then trade one of the only means another player had of scoring (Drummond via Bynum alley-oops; Will also averaged 9ppg), it could create an even bigger problem. I think Meeks was supposed to fill a Stuckey-like void but he has yet to play.

Also, the Pistons have a few more wasted possessions per game this year simply from trying to let Drummond practice on his post game. They really only let him try to do some post moves 2-5 times a game, but it doesn't help from a winning perspective.

Overall, the team's bad. They're missing one of the game's most important elements - the ability to score. SVG can't make the available shots for them.

bdreason
12-08-2014, 03:36 AM
Will Bynum won them at least a handful of games last season with his play in the 4th quarter. Not sure why they traded him to Boston. :confusedshrug:

Losing Stuckey wasn't a huge loss, but not having Meeks, their only reliable 3pnt shooter, has certainly hurt. If you've noticed over the past couple games SVG has been playing Singler more... because the team desperately needs someone who can shoot the ball to create some operating space.

JellyBean
12-08-2014, 07:05 AM
I thought my Timberwolves were bad. Shoot. The Pistons beat us out of that ranking. Wow. The Pistons are the worst followed by my Timberwolves.

WallIn
12-08-2014, 08:06 AM
Pistons are ridiculous.

Detroit, NYK and T-wolves are the three worst teams in the league. I exclude 76ers because they at least try.

andremiller07
12-08-2014, 08:41 AM
Pistons are ridiculous.

Detroit, NYK and T-wolves are the three worst teams in the league. I exclude 76ers because they at least try.
TWolves are only that shit cause Pek/Martin are out (and Rubio/Young have missed time as well) otherwise they are much better. They have basically played without there 4 best player for most the season.